Supported Graphics cards with Full QE/QI

kludgedean

253 posts in this topic

You can add ATI 5650m to the list now, a boot file is required to detect the card and adding GraphicsEnabler=Yes and AtiConfig options to boot plist but other then that full res and QE/CI. Also need force EDID settings.

Did you changed your id in ATI4600Controller and ATIRadeonX2000? This helped for me for my 4650!!

Actually I get KP saying "CPU 7 has no HPET assigned to it" and I really dont know how to pass that

and should I replace those kexts with the kexts from SL ?

hello folks, just installed Lion GM

msi 7300LE 128mb working with full graphics but only in 32bit

only added this to com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

...and voilà. I feel it`s kinda slow but pretty usable. I know the card is not that good, but its first time in osx86, so I`m not sure. well, maybe 1650x1080 is just too much for this card.

going to try zotac geforce gt220 now.

Not working: 8400GS 256MB

http://www.club-3d.com/index.php/products/...8400gs.146.html

Does not work in Tiger (worked well in SL in a dual screen setup). Tested with GraphicsEnabler and the various injector kexts as well as the correct device-properties string, the result is always the same: When the screen is about to switch to the desktop, the screen becomes garbled (about half of it black and the rest with random distorted images from the video memory).

Any clues?

Nvidia Geforce Gt220 1Gb DDR3 Works 100 % Graphics enables = yes or

only added this to com.apple.Boot.plist

<string>Yes</string>

Works on SL an Lion Too

mine is a zotac ddr2, can't even boot the system with it... damn low cost boards.

XFX 7600GS 256MB fully working in 32-bit mode (arch=i386) and GraphicsEnabler=Yes

ATI X1950XTX 512MB fully working with extra kexts: EVOenabler-x19X0.kext, JaminMc-x19x0-inject-cont.kext and JaminMc-x19x0.kext (the only drawback is it's noisy because the fan works at full speed)

Guys, any help with my 512mb Gt240?? I have full resolution, but i don't think i have QE/CI... I don't see the ripple effect in the dashboard and cannot watch hd videos... i tried nvenabler and it says unknown nvidia card.. I just installed the Cuda drivers with no luck any ideas??

my ATI Gigabyte HD 4670 1024MB is not working even with GraphicsEnabler=y any solution guys ?

My Sapphire HD 4670 Ultimate 512MB is working fine, i did nothing special, just installed lion with a usb stick, modded my Andy's P8P67 Pro package, and video is working just fine. This might be because it has a native kext in Lion (in the ATI4600 kext plist file there is the exact vendor and device id of my card).

I don't know yet how to check if QE/EI is enabled or not, but video playback is good for now...

UPDATE: It wasn't enabling the QE/CI, with them enabled (via GraphicsEnabler=Yes), only the VGA port is working, the DVI is not getting signal, seems it has wrong personalities in the FrameBuffers. will be replacing it soon.

ATI Radeon HD 4600:

Chipset Model:	ATI Radeon HD 4600
 Type:	GPU
 Bus:	PCIe
 PCIe Lane Width:	x16
 VRAM (Total):	512 MB
 Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
 Device ID:	0x9490
 Revision ID:	0x0000
 Displays:
DELL SP2309W:
 Resolution:	2048 x 1152 @ 60 Hz
 Pixel Depth:	32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
 Main Display:	Yes
 Mirror:	Off
 Online:	Yes
 Rotation:	Supported
Display Connector:

my GTX470 Work's WIth QE/QI 100%

GeForce GTX 470:

Chipsatz-Modell:	GeForce GTX 470
 Typ:	GPU
 Bus:	PCIe
 Steckplatz:	Slot-1
 PCIe-Lane-Breite:	x16
 VRAM (gesamt):	1280 MB
 Hersteller:	NVIDIA (0x10de)
 Geräte-ID:	0x06cd
 Versions-ID:	0x00a3
 ROM-Version:	70.00.21.00.03
 Monitore:
Viseo 240DX:
 Auflösung:	1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
 Pixeltiefe:	32-Bit Farbe (ARGB8888)
 Monitor-Seriennummer:	D240C0024001
 Hauptmonitor:	Ja
 Synchronisierung:	Aus
 Eingeschaltet:	Ja
 Rotation:	Unterstützt
SDM-HX93:
 Auflösung:	1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz
 Pixeltiefe:	32-Bit Farbe (ARGB8888)
 Monitor-Seriennummer:	9503826
 Synchronisierung:	Aus
 Eingeschaltet:	Ja
 Rotation:	Unterstützt

My Gigabyte HD4850 works with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and the legacyATI4800Controller.kext from Netkas' site added to the installer thumb drive's /System/Library/Extensions directory.

http://files.netkas.org/10.6.2/LegacyATI48...er.kext.tar.bz2

Did not even needed those Legacy Patch from netcas. GraphicsEnabler=Yes was enough for QE/QI. ;)

Asus 4850 512MB DVI/DVI.

But one question: Is there some kind of fix to this additional VGA Display issue?

screenshot2011-08-02atnk0w.pngscreenshot2011-08-02atz8ss.png

You are a lifesaver. My Sapphire HD5450 is now working (almost) perfectly with Lion. Just used the download from here dropped it in /SL/E, turned GraphicsEnabler back on and all is well: DVD Player and Geekbench are working perfectly. Card is identified by Chameleon as an ATI Radeon HD 5430M and that's what appears in System Profiler.

The almost is because the display now won't sleep. It stops updating when display sleep is requested (current image is frozen on display) and updates as normal once you have left display sleep by tapping a key.

Thank you for the pointer! :rolleyes:

post-68476-1311279319_thumb.png

My display sleeps fine (Acer H233H, connected via DVI) in either Snow or Lion (and in Windows as well; this Hack triple-boots currently, because I have a small Snow-only partition). At some point I'll replace the HD5450 with something with more oomph (in all three OSes this Hack runs); however, the real question is *what* to put in without breaking my wallet or the setup.

The hardware:

ASUS P5G41-M LX2/GB

Celeron DC E3400

3 GB DDR2-800 (2 GB x1/1 GB x1)

Visiontek HD5450 512MB GDDR3

Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer (Windows-only)

Logitech V220 wireless mouse

Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 6000 V.3

Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX (macam driver - will be replaced with either Logitech C525 or C615, which are both UVC)

Except for the sound card, everything works in all three OSes.

MSI NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti working with QE/CI, full res

Hi everyone, new to the forum, but would like to confirm that my MSI NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti works with my P8P67 motherboard with QE/CI, full res.

Basically got to Lion 10.7, added device ID 0x120010de&0xffe0ffff to NVDAGF100Hal.kext, did all the repair permissions and rebuild cache stuff

Added these to com.apple.boot.plist:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=x86_64 ncpi=0x2000</string>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string></string>

Not sure which of these strings are essential though, just patched up a bunch of instructions I found through the forums, got it working and now I dare not remove any of these. Anyone who knows which is the real deal, do let me know.

And it should work fine from there. No problem with Chess, tested with TF2 as well, runs smooth. Will look into getting full acceleration, CUDA etc when i'm free.

Added these to com.apple.boot.plist:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=x86_64 ncpi=0x2000</string>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string></string>

arch=x86_64 - lion is 64 bit per default, you can delete this :)

edit:

my EVGA GT 430 1 GB DDR3 doesnt work.

also my ZOTAC 8400GS 512MB 64bit DDR2 doesnt work :S

just the 9800 GT 512 MB works... thats not EE ^^

edit2: gt430 works with efi string!

Edited by chewara