[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

I was wrong. The problem is our patched kernel!

Try this and tell me if it works:

1.Install the original-unpatched Lion 10.7.2 kernel.

2.REBUILD CACHES USING KEXT WIZARD + Kernel Prelinked

3.Boot with cpus=1 and try to log into iCloud. It should work...How can we fix this (and use all of our cores)?

I will attach it as soon as I get back home (15-30 mins)!

10.7.2 Original Kernel Attached!

Amazing :D , thanks so much worked for me

Sorry, been busy ...

New patching kernel 10.6.8

mach_kernel_10.6.8

@Taptun :rolleyes:

Okay, flawless install of 10.6.3. Everything except Wifi works. I do 10.6.8 combo update. After it download and installs this is where I think I am having problems..

I copy and replace existing mach_kernel to Macintosh HD provided by Taptun found here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...mam&st=600#

Now I edit my com.apple.Boot.plist to say:

<dict>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableC2State</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnableC3State</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=x86_64 maxmem=4096</string>
<key>SystemType</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseAtiROM</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseNvidiaROM</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Wait</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>

Now that I have edited, I restart computer. I select Macintosh HD in boot menu using same flags as already stated in com.apple.Boot.plist. In verbose mode, the last thing that will show before the system hangs is:

**Device in slot: SLOT--1 **

I did wait out one of these hangs for 6 hours so I do not know what the deal is.

My questions are:

1. What am I doing wrong?

2. What do I have to change?

3. Why have Taptun's modified kernel's never worked for my computer?

I really appreciate any help from this point as I am stuck.

Sorry for long post...

-Jugz

Hey,

I want to install it on my HP DV7 4101eg (i5 460, Ati 5650m, bluray). Did somebody try to install it? DSDT? Unfotunately I haven't got an other Mac or Hackintosh. I`m triying to install Leopard right now to creat an DSDT. My goal is to install Lion, because it supports my 5650m. Do I have to install Mammoth first or just update to lion via [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]?

Thank You and sorry for my bad English ;-)

:-((( still not working.

Perhaps a fresh install? or maybe try replacing the kernel?

I really have no clue what the underlying issue is

Any other suggestions?????

Thx!!!

Hi,

When you upgraded to 10.7.2....What did you upgrade from? Are you using GraphicsEnabler or DSDT for your video card? Was it working before the upgrade? Lion changed locations it looks for DSDT Graphics injection.

By your .plist you have nVidia graphics. Do you have "IORegistryExplorer"? If not I'll attach a copy.

Now, Remove "UseNvidiaRom" from your .plist. Set <key>PciRoot</key> to "0" as nic.mroc suggested. Set <key>SystemType</key> to "2" (2=laptops, 1=Desktops). If you are using a newer version oF Chameleon (highly suggested)... rename "com.apple.Boot.plist" in /Extra to "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" Reboot. With luck your graphics will come back.

Fire up IORegistryExplorer. Look for your video card.

post-702132-1320932098_thumb.png

This is the new location your video card needs to be injected in DSDT. It may be different than the screen shot... but the address that "You" find is where "Your" injection needs to be. If GraphicsEnabler works... you can just stop there too :D

Hope that helps.....

IORegistryExplorer.zip

Okay, flawless install of 10.6.3. Everything except Wifi works. I do 10.6.8 combo update. After it download and installs this is where I think I am having problems..

-Jugz

Hi,

On my DVx SLOT-1 is my video card. Looks like your using "GraphicsEnabler" for video, with ATI card. Sorry.... no more help than that. I have nVidia. Not familiar with ATI.

Try update Chameleon... new video cards have been added. See above post for renaming "com.apple.Boot.plist" for newer Chameleon.

Hey,

I want to install it on my HP DV7 4101eg (i5 460, Ati 5650m, bluray). Did somebody try to install it? DSDT? Unfotunately I haven't got an other Mac or Hackintosh. I`m triying to install Leopard right now to creat an DSDT. My goal is to install Lion, because it supports my 5650m. Do I have to install Mammoth first or just update to lion via [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]?

Thank You and sorry for my bad English ;-)

Hi,

You can extract your DSDT from Windows too. Update straight to Lion. Never used [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]..... Highly recommend this method. Works great and easy to install :wacko:

FotoFlexer_Photo.png

What you will need

1- Working Mac OS X

2- USB drive (USB stick) > 8GB

3- Lion DMG

4- Amer_Lion_DVx_V1.0.rtf

5- Patched DSDT via Auto-Patcher (by NIXin, 2011_09_29) (Using Windows or Linux ONLY)

1. Open "/Volumes/Amer Lion MIID V1.0/HP_DVx_i7_patch_2011_09_29 by NIXin/DSDT-Patcher-Linux-Mac-Win/DSDT Auto-Patcher.jar" from Windows or Linux (Make Sure Java is installed)
  2. Choose "HP" From the First drop down Menu
  3. Choose "DV6-i7-nixin_2011_09_29" or "DV8-i7-nixin_2011_09_29" From the secound Menu
  4. Place the New DSDT.aml in "/Volumes/Amer Lion MIID V1.0/Extra"

Procedures

1-Open Disk Utility, select the USB drive partition and click on the Erase tab. Select Mac Os Extended (Journaled) and click on the Erase button.

post-307642-1320928300_thumb.png

2-Mount InstallESD.dmg

3-InstallESD.dmg Lion GM --> "Install Mac OS X Lion.app/Contents/SharedSupport".

Open Terminal and run the command:

open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg

4-Now click on the Restore tab, drag Mac OS X Base System to Source and the USB drive partition to Destination, then click on the Restore button. This operation takes several minutes.

5-The partition will have its name changed automatically to Mac OS X Base System after the restoration.

post-307642-1320928322_thumb.png

6-After the restoration, open the restored partition

7-navigate to System/Installation, delete the Packages link and create a folder with the same name, "Packages".

8-Open Terminal and run the command:

open /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages

9-Copy the files to the Packages folder created previously.

10-Copy "/Volumes/Amer Lion MIID V1.0/Extra" to The USB

11-Run "Chameleon Wizard" then Choose dropBox then install it in the USB drive (it is recommended to use "Chameleon Wizard" but you can use "Chimera 1.6.0" if you are offline)

12-With the installer USB ready, boot from it and install Lion to an HD partition.

13-After the installation, boot the USB drive again, but in Chameleon menu choose to boot the HD.

(The system is running, but it doesn't boot without the USB stick, then we have to install the bootloader (Chameleon), the essential kexts and the DSDT)

Post installation (4 Simple Steps)

1. Copy "/Volumes/Amer Lion MIID V1.0/Extra" to the mac Partition
  2. Run "Chameleon Wizard" then Choose dropBox then install it on the MAC drive (it is recommended to use "Chameleon Wizard" but you can use "Chimera 1.6.0" if you are offline)
  3. install "S/L/E" Kexts using "Kext Wizard"
    • Open "Kext Wizard"
    • Choose installation
    • Drag all "S/L/E" Kexts in the white box
    • Choose the destination "System/library/Extensions"
    • Choose the Target disk: Mac
    • Press install

[*]install "RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_67+.pkg"

Upgrade To 10.7.2

1. Replace "/Extra/mach_kernel/" with "/Volumes/Amer Lion MIID V1.0/Extra/Kernel 10.7.2/Kernel 10.7.2 (Patched)/mach_kernel"
  2. Install "Lion Update 10.7.2 Combo"
  3. Reinstall "AppleHDA.kext" using "Kext Wizard"

Thanks & Credits

Taptun, NIXin, MaLd0n, rooftopz, oldnapalm, RoggerioSarah and to all people in the community who developed the original Patches and Kexts.

Looks great yehia Amer

Could you look into my DSDT and see if there is something to add to the the auto patcher? it have been updated a few times with some patches. maybe these are already in your auto patcher ;-)

The only issue I have is sometimes the shut down is not working, so I need to force quit by pressing power button.

//Peter

DSDT.aml.zip

Looks great yehia Amer

Could you look into my DSDT and see if there is something to add to the the auto patcher? it have been updated a few times with some patches. maybe these are already in your auto patcher ;-)

The only issue I have is sometimes the shut down is not working, so I need to force quit by pressing power button.

//Peter

Hi , Peter_sm

all patched , try it

Peter_sm.zip

@Taptun

Hi , Peter_sm

all patched , try it

Peter_sm.zip

@Taptun

Thanks, I will try it, what did you do with it ? removed something ?and add patches ?

Did you see any strange inside ;-)

Thanks, I will try it, what did you do with it ? removed something ?and add patches ?

Hi Taptun,

After reboot it looks OK, the only thing that is not working anymore is brightness control, I have it on function key F7 & f8, slider works but nothing changes regarding brightness on my screen ;-)

Please look at the attached file if you see anything strange, ore kext that could be removed ;-)

EDIT

Attached a geekbench result, is this good for my system ?

//Peter

send_me.zip

geek.txt

Hi Taptun,

After reboot it looks OK, the only thing that is not working anymore is brightness control, I have it on function key F7 & f8, slider works but nothing changes regarding brightness on my screen ;-)

Please look at the attached file if you see anything strange, ore kext that could be removed ;-)

EDIT

Attached a geekbench result, is this good for my system ?

//Peter

i install this kext in S/L/E (with Kext Utility or similar !) , don't install in /E/E

ACPIBacklight.kext

delete any similar Kexts

I have it in S/L/E., try to reboot again

No function in system preference pan, but I have some code in my DSDT that Taptun fixed for me earlier today, perhaps there is something bad pld code in my DSDT ?

EDIT

In S/L/E I have following kext

ACPIBacklight.kext

AppleBacklight.kext

AppleBacklightExpert.kext

Perhaps some one should be removed ?

//Peter

No function in system preference pan, but I have some code in my DSDT that Taptun fixed for me earlier today, perhaps there is something bad pld code in my DSDT ?

EDIT

In S/L/E I have following kext

ACPIBacklight.kext

AppleBacklight.kext

AppleBacklightExpert.kext

Perhaps some one should be removed ?

//Peter

No it should work, Repair your permissions & restart

if you found the same problem then use my Guide to make a patched DSDT via Auto-Patcher by NIXin

thanks yehia amer for the guide/files you provided!

a question... i have snow 10.6.8 in another partition, can i safely install such kexts for snow too? or are they specific lion-only?

thanks!

mal

yes it should work well, anyway backup your Kexts and try :blink:

Hello,

thanks for your reply!

i am really curious to test such trackpad-like-lion"gestures" for synaptics touchpads... did you try it already?

Mal

I don't believe that you can test them with your pre-installed touchpad.

Actually I am using Apple's Magic Trackpad and everything works! xD

No it should work, Repair your permissions & restart

if you found the same problem then use my Guide to make a patched DSDT via Auto-Patcher by NIXin

Making new DSDT from autopatcher (DV8-i7-nixin_2011_09_29)

No brightnes ( and no slider in preference pane)

Battery is not working

and NO Sound ! (with your AppleHDA.kext)

And I attach some files for you to look at, but this is strange, but probably is my faults ;-)

//Peter

EDIT

Using the DSDT that taptun fixed for me earlier and using my old AppleHDA.kext

I have sound, battery and slider for brightens, but no changing in brightness on my screen.

Looks very strange ;-)

BR

//Peter

send_me.zip

hi yehia AMER,

Autopatcher dv6 i7 nixin didnt work for me too many alerts, dv6 core i patch worked but this time no sound no graphics bla bla -- didnt work correct,, if you want i can upload non-touched DSDT.dsl,,

iam using taptuns DSDT.aml from this topic all hardware same but Wi-Fi card,,, he using Atheros

BTW your wi-fi card BCM4353,, what kext you are using to make it work? mine BCM4312 nothing works for me on 10.6.8 ??

[Edit]

Graphics now work. Previousle I had GraphicsEnabler set to "no", which worked fine. But now I had to enable it for it to work. Now I just need audio to work!

[/Edit]

Hi,

I had Lion installed sucessfully, but decided to upgrade with the files in the new installation method and a new DSDT.

I then upgraded to 10.7.2 per instructions.

During boot everything is ok, but when the login screen should show, the screen gets black. I've tried GraphicsEnabler enabled and disabled but no difference.

Please help!

HP DV8-1190eo

Making new DSDT from autopatcher (DV8-i7-nixin_2011_09_29)

No brightnes ( and no slider in preference pane)

Battery is not working

and NO Sound ! (with your AppleHDA.kext)

And I attach some files for you to look at, but this is strange, but probably is my faults ;-)

//Peter

EDIT

Using the DSDT that taptun fixed for me earlier and using my old AppleHDA.kext

I have sound, battery and slider for brightens, but no changing in brightness on my screen.

Looks very strange ;-)

BR

//Peter

Using BetterTouchTool and mapping F8 & F7 to brightness up/down, I g0t the "slider works in pref pane to move and also a info on my screen, but no changing in brightens of my screen

Updated log files attached for your reference.

BR

Peter

post-683117-1321092389_thumb.png

send_me.zip

I don't believe that you can test them with your pre-installed touchpad.

Actually I am using Apple's Magic Trackpad and everything works! xD

It is a directory under "Extra" that has some experimental files, if you read, that emulate gestures... i also have a magic trackpad on my imac, but it's interesting having some gestures on our DV8's ps2-synaptics-touchpad!

Did you try it?

Mal

It is a directory under "Extra" that has some experimental files, if you read, that emulate gestures... i also have a magic trackpad on my imac, but it's interesting having some gestures on our DV8's ps2-synaptics-touchpad!

Did you try it?

Mal

I may be wrong here but currently gestures are not possible with the synaptics ps2 touchpad we have in our systems!!

Hi,

When you upgraded to 10.7.2....What did you upgrade from? Are you using GraphicsEnabler or DSDT for your video card? Was it working before the upgrade? Lion changed locations it looks for DSDT Graphics injection.

By your .plist you have nVidia graphics. Do you have "IORegistryExplorer"? If not I'll attach a copy.

Now, Remove "UseNvidiaRom" from your .plist. Set <key>PciRoot</key> to "0" as nic.mroc suggested. Set <key>SystemType</key> to "2" (2=laptops, 1=Desktops). If you are using a newer version oF Chameleon (highly suggested)... rename "com.apple.Boot.plist" in /Extra to "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" Reboot. With luck your graphics will come back.

Fire up IORegistryExplorer. Look for your video card.

post-702132-1320932098_thumb.png

This is the new location your video card needs to be injected in DSDT. It may be different than the screen shot... but the address that "You" find is where "Your" injection needs to be. If GraphicsEnabler works... you can just stop there too :)

Hope that helps.....

IORegistryExplorer.zip

Sorry took a while but now it is weekend some time to try and fix it.....

Thanks for the suggestion but unfort. they did not do the trick......

I did not try the dsdt as I have no clue how to do that..... i used the dsdt as provided by Mammoth but did not change a thing. How would one start with mod den the dsdt in there.....with auto patcher? Or what should I do with the info from ioregexplorer. Btw my says VGA (containing crt hdmi and lcd) instead of yours NVDA.......