[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

Jinex, Westendmtl,

Any progress on the issues. I am stuck with the same issues brightness, battery and sound are not working.....rest is all fine including video

Jinex what did you do to get sound working???

@Everyone else: Thx for all the tips on this forum.....

Many thx in advance,

Tom

Jinex, Westendmtl,

Any progress on the issues. I am stuck with the same issues brightness, battery and sound are not working.....rest is all fine including video

Jinex what did you do to get sound working???

@Everyone else: Thx for all the tips on this forum.....

Many thx in advance,

Tom

NOTE: THIS IS ON A DV8

(btw there should be a better metthod but these are the steps I took during experimenting)

I used the MIIF (DV8_03.html) from 10.6.7.

1. After downloading and mounting the file above I mounted the '/Volumes/MIID/Installation/CIIF/CIIF_DV8-F.25_sp49106_v2.00.03.dmg'

2. From the mounted volume in step 1, I opened 'Extra/Maintenance/EnableAudio' (make sure your Lion partition is called

'Macintosh HD' before opening this)

3. I replaced all the files in the 'Extra' folder from my bootloader on my Lion partition with this file - Extra.zip - You need to put your 'mach_kernel' file here 'Extra/mach_kernel'

Note you may need an external mouse if it doesn't recognise your touchpad.

After your sound starts working, you can delete the 'Extra' folder use your original 'Extra' folder + settings.

If the method above doesn't work, try doing it backwards from step 3 to step 1 . Just experiment with it basically.

If you card is 230M then you need to add key GraphicsEnabler to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist file

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

I tried that and it still doesn't work :(

• 2 weeks later...

hi all and mammoth,

i m very obscessed with installing mac os x on my laptop well its not dv6 or 5 i have a hp g62 series http://www.compus.az...tebook/read/289 its i3 processor but its not sandy bridge ..i have tried a few distros like niresh (lion os)and iatkos l2 but i failed to install it boots and tells me to restart :( i searched for dtsts for my laptop and also kext couldn t find one i m a noob to mac world so please suggest me the right mac os x that might boot or any method that is noob friendly and can successfully install thanks will try mammoth's method but its for dv series so i m not sure it will work thanks in advance..

I have Loin 10.7.2 working 99% perfect on my machine. I have graphics working with graphics enabler= NO and everyhting works except audio out for HDMI. I was wondering if anyone has a .kext for audio out or how to fix it. plus if anyone needs any kext files I have. Just ask me :) thank you

can anyone tell me if the ir sensor on their hac is recognized. in the hardware profiler it is located under usb in the hardware section. i'm trying to get a remote working for my xbmc setup, on my hac it's not showing up. i recently had to do a fresh install the old install was setup using older 1.5 mammoth guides and i'm pretty sure the ir sensor was listed. i used the dsdt i had before so i'm not 100% sure. if others are showing up on their machines then i'll need to get a clean dsdt and try to get amir to help me with his magic.

I am using the attached voodoo audio kext and DSDT. Dont use my dsdt if your system is different. my audio kext also has auto switching between headphones and speakers

Chris do you have also the audio kext as the attachment includes the battery kext. Thanks in advance!!!!

Ok, I have everything working except for 'Brightness' & 'Wifi' <- obviously :weight_lift:

Here is my 'Extra' folder (FOR DV8) =>Extra.zip

Note I am using 'MacPro3,1' because it work better for me

Hope it helps!

For Audio:

I installed the S/L/E files from here (Read "Post installation (4 Simple Steps)")

I also use the following code to enable my audio.

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x84\x19\xd4\x11|\x03\x76\x1d\x11|g' "/Volumes/Macintosh HD/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA"

rename '/Volumes/Macintosh HD/...' to your mac hard drive partition name. (if it isn't already 'Macintosh HD')

Then restart your laptop :king:

Hi everybody

In first congratulations for your very good job and help !!! and sorry for my english!!

I want install os x on my laptop and i extract my DSDT.dsl under Unbuntu 10.04LTS but i don't know what is necessary to modify in for a good compatibility of OS X on my DV 7.

Can you help me please?

Specs:

Product Number: N2842EA#ABF

Motherboard: 3624

Bios Version: F33 InsYde

S/N: CNF9271049

UUID: 434E4639-3237-3130-3439-00

238BF611A7

HP DV 7 2160ef : Intel core centrino 2 P7550 2.26 Gh 2xHD 500Go Video ATI RADEON M96 4650 1024 1600x900 [9480 1002] Audio:ATI IDTsound Screen 17,3 LG display 4x USB2.0 1x Card reader

And i don't know why but i can't attach the DSDT file??

Help me please!!

Now ok this is my dsdt .dsl

dsdt.dsl.zip

Hello,

My laptop is under Windows 7 32 bits home premium and linux Ubuntu 10.04LTS.

An other problem on my laptop it's the monitor it isn't detected on OS X and with QE/CI the brigthness is very bad ,and i get the EDID by MSDOS.But where modify dsdt to say it's monitor ??I don't know!!!!

This is the file in Hex.

Thanks for your help

EDID.zip

PLEASE! ANYBODY, HELP ME!

I still can not run my dv7t - 6100.

I have seen, that somebody asked about same model as mine. Please, anybody who run it, post dsdt and kexts which you used!

I installed osx on second partition and booting there using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]-Legacy. But on other partition which is prepared by Mammoth method still no success. It stops at "..nanoseconds..". When I am using flag cpus=1 after booting display is going down. So problem seems to be in graphics.

Please anyone, who has same model running, help me what to do..

Hello everyone again. I have a DV8t like many of you, and I want to upgrade from 10.7.1 to 10.7.2 .

I see too many comments, and I got somewhat lost.

Can someone tell me the step by step process to upgrade?

I understand to install the update from the updates. Then many of you say to use both the original kernel & Taptum's kernel together? And only one core will work?

And then, update the kexts...

@Chrispypatt, How did you manage to be cool with graphics enabler = No?

Hello there again. I am still stuck whit a most but starting to get some idea how things work around.

First question would be that will i get my own dsdt file from using Ubuntu live Cd by following what is told here ? -> http://tinyurl.com/7hqf8bg

It seems that there is no use for me whit, " HP_DVx_i7_patch_2011_09_29 by NIXin " because i have i3 processor, right ?

Do i have to patch my that dsdt file afterwards somehow if i want install Lion 10.7.2 ? Or would that what i might manage get from Ubuntu live Cd be enough ?

Also little confused about installation, how do i put it all together if i have Mac OSX Lion 10.7.2. (retail), no updates between ?

There isnt any special naming (MIID & XIID) and partitioning like in orginal Mammoth Method guide there was if i want to install Lion ?

Do i only need tools from Amer Lion MIID V1.0 and use those to get my installation media working ?

Somekind of step by step guide would really make me happy or even a tip that what should be my next step. Is it making that dsdt file whit ubuntu live cd ? ?

Thanks.

Update: I actually updated to 10.7.2... I used chrispypatt's DSDT and taptun's kernel...

The sound doesn't work, although I took the voodoohda that chrispypatt posted.

I don't care that much though, because I use an external m-audio firewire interface, and I get real sound !!!

I have all adobe cs5.5 installed, latest Logic pro for music, office 11, and many more programs, I used them in good action, and they work cool...

Although I had crushes with adobe after effects CS5.5 on windows, on hac (lion) it is cooool !!!!!

The bluetooth still asks me where is my keyboard, but I will remove the kexts again, to get rid of this...

I am well satisfied that on the .plist, I have graphics enabler = No, and everything is cool

Thank you all guys.

Hello everyone again. I have a DV8t like many of you, and I want to upgrade from 10.7.1 to 10.7.2 .

I see too many comments, and I got somewhat lost.

Can someone tell me the step by step process to upgrade?

I understand to install the update from the updates. Then many of you say to use both the original kernel & Taptum's kernel together? And only one core will work?

And then, update the kexts...

@Chrispypatt, How did you manage to be cool with graphics enabler = No?

Honestly I cannot tell you how I got it booting without graphics enabler, I may have used old graphics kexts but I am not sure, If you tell me what kexts are all for graphics, I can post mine. Picture of my system is below:

screen_shot_2012-01-11_at_9.01.35_pm.png

Hey guys - I have a DV6-3181NR and I'm booting Lion 10.7.2. It has an i7-720qm and ATi 5650 graphics. So far I have all 8 threads and native power management working. However I can only get audio to work through VoodooHDA and the headphones port doesn't work. Also sleep is a no go even though power managment is working with AppleLPC loaded. I've tried editing the dsdt to fix these issues up with no success so if I post my clean DSDT could someone take a look?

Ok so apparently Taptun is the person to go to - so please if you read this Taptun I'd be extremely grateful!

DSDT.dsl.zip