[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

Please can you fix my clean DSDT so that I am able to use my brightness slider again?

I am using the dv8 with the nvidia 230

Im not sure if this will work but try pressing the FN key with the page up key thats located on the number pad section of the keyboard and let me know how that goes

Hi HaTTor,

For SD Cards the kext in this post from RxNix worked for me.

For your video, your setup is very close to MacBookPro 6,2 (15 inch). Mine is MacBookPro 6,1 (17 inch). Check out this thread. My SMBios is MacBookPro 6,1, as is my FakeSMC. MBP 6,1 and 6,2 use nVidia GT320M. The nVidia chipset is the same for our GT230M video cards. With the info from the stated thread..... Open the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext in S/L/E. (Show package contents)...Contents... Open info.plist (with a .plist editor). IOKitPersonalities.... AGPM..... find MacBookPro6,2.... Vendor10deDevice0a29 (nVidia GT320M). Change to Vendor10deDevice0a28 (nVidia230M). Save, repair permissions,reboot. It enabled native AGPM (with DSDT Injection for GT230M) on my DVx :rolleyes: Video performance greatly improved :)

hi dgrx,

Thank you for helping,, now 1080p videos on flashplayer working with Hardware Acc. too,, but Card reader being stubborn,, that kext doesnt work for me, tried with DSDT injection and w/o it,, iam uploading my DSDT can you check it if there is a wrong injection,, or if you can upload yours i will compare mine with your DSDT??

BTW i need latest Bios Rom version of 6,2 to edit SMbios,, anyone knows where can i find it,, tried Champlist App. and Chameleon Wizard to update but no chance,, iam checking if its the latest or not via Bootcamp it says need to update latest Bios Rom...

DSDT_and_JMB38X.zip

Hello,

Help me please the folks of this forum for install lion on this laptop HP DV7 6090ef.

Thanks advance.

It's not that we don't want to help you. We CAN'T help you. There is a difference. CAN'T and Don't WANT to has a big difference. First of all, you're on a Sandy Bridge, this Mammoth thread isn't meant for Sandy Bridge CPU's at all. I don't have a Sandy Bridge laptop either and therefore i can't help you with whatever problem you have. Unless you want to ship your whole laptop to someone and let the person figure out, you're on your own. So would you please stop complaining about no one helping you and spend the time doing more research on solving your problems?

Also just so you know, you're not the only one having Graphic Resolution. i have the same problem and still haven't been able to find a fix for it.

How about me ? I have also asked some help for this DSDT file while ago.

I wrote:

" If someone could fix me that DSDT file ? It seems that i have almost same specs in my computer, as user Peter sm here has, exept that my computer has i3 processor on it. So for that part i could use some help to get right kind of DSDT file for me.

Oh, also my wifi is diffrent, its Intel 802.11 a/b/g/n

Full specs here -> http://tinyurl.com/bqdr7a2 "

And before that i also wrote:

" this also has IDT HD Audio system.

However i also have full 8 GB of ram installed + hard drives have been changed to Seagate Momentus XT 500GB, as a master hard drive and for slave drive i have Seagate Momentus 750 GB.

Also have some external devices like Edirol FA-66 firewire, couple of external usb hard drives using Buffalo USB 3.0 ExpressCard/34."

Anyways is hard drives even important when figuring out this DSDT file ? Or ist only CPU GPU and WIFI whats really important to know ? I can even dig up more detailed info about my setup if needed, but if this is enough information could some one fix me that DSDT file for me then ? Ill guess that youll only need to modify Peter_sm:s DSDT file from those parts where my and hes system separate.

So, if anyone who can do this would do it, it would be nice.

Thanks !

Hello, all ,

i have a problem with my BD ROM driver,,, after system starts, 5-10 mins later its unrespondable and making disc utility unrespondable too,,i mean cant eject, and hardware button doesnt work either, untill system reset,,, its about energy saving mod or? and another problem is when i change screen resolution, GenericBrightness.kext giving KP,, Another issue, i dont use battery its always on AC power but battery widget says Power Source: Battery but under that line on the menu No Batteries Available :|,,, if i put battery in,, it works ok and shows % and time to full charge with AC power or time to empty charge w/o AC power)

So, i still need help to check my DSDT ( there are 3 uploads in past posts ) Card readers dont work and AppleHDA.kext (Taptuns edition for 10.6) giving me errors in the Console ( about Sound Assertion "bla bla" failed in AppleHDAWigdet at line 2034 goto exit and one more same error at line 2954,,every minutes it gives those errors.) and i think that BD-ROM error and Battery issue about my DSDT, too. But not sure and dont know where to look in DSDT :(

BTW anyone knows how to Uninstall X11 completely? i install X11 on 10.6.8 from InstallLion.app,,, so it doesnt work for 10.6,, now cant uninstall it and cant install 10.6 version :(:( :( deleting folders didnt help,, and " rm -rf " didnt help either,,, when i try to install from additional installs on 10.6.3 DVD its grayed and cant check the box to install anymore :(

Hello Mammoth, hi everyone.

I asked for help before. I still can not install OsX on my HP Pavillion dv7t - 6100.

I used to create MIID from MIIF_DVx-Generic_v2.00.03.dmg and MIIF_DV8-Generic_v2.00.03.dmg and I had same problem. It fails at "..P-States.. ..restart to fix problem..." and reboots. After I tried DSDTSE and generated dsdt.aml and I putted it into Extra folder in MIID, added this code to com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>dsdt.aml</string>

After that, I tried again, booting stopped at at black screen.

Is it graphic problem? Can you please help me with dsdt.

Please help!

Hello Mammoth, hi everyone.

I asked for help before. I still can not install OsX on my HP Pavillion dv7t - 6100.

I used to create MIID from MIIF_DVx-Generic_v2.00.03.dmg and MIIF_DV8-Generic_v2.00.03.dmg and I had same problem. It fails at "..P-States.. ..restart to fix problem..." and reboots. After I tried DSDTSE and generated dsdt.aml and I putted it into Extra folder in MIID, added this code to com.apple.Boot.plist

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>dsdt.aml</string>

After that, I tried again, booting stopped at at black screen.

Is it graphic problem? Can you please help me with dsdt.

Please help!

you have to patch DSDT ,,,orginal DSDT useless cuz same thing with no DSDT,,, and MIID and MIIF kinda old files,,, you need latest chameleon and edit chameleon.boot.plist for your ATI Card (btw iam a newbie and dont know much about DSDT, i also downloaded someone else's DSDT)

Hello Amer Thanks once again for your work. I'm following your guides since you first posted for 10.6.7. All your guides works great for my laptop.

For Lion i followed your guide everything works great except audio and battery.

*For audio in system info it show correct info for built-in Intel High Definition. However there is no sound. I reinstalled after 10.7.2 repaired permissions but still no sound with 10.7.0 or 10.7.2.

*For battery i do get the icon in the bar but it show no battery is available.

I think my dsdt need to be corrected. Can you please help me with my dsdt.

I'm attaching the orignal dsdt from ubuntu 64bit (untouched) and patched one as well.

Thanks for your time

HP DV7 3080CA specs.

i7 720QM | PM55 chip | nVidia GT230m 1GB | 6GB RAM | Corsair F120 SSD | WD Black 500 HD

HP DV7 3080CA - DSDT from Ubuntu 64bit.zip

Patched DSDT but need fix for 10.7.2.zip

Hello Amer Thanks once again for your work. I'm following your guides since you first posted for 10.6.7. All your guides works great for my laptop.

For Lion i followed your guide everything works great except audio and battery.

*For audio in system info it show correct info for built-in Intel High Definition. However there is no sound. I reinstalled after 10.7.2 repaired permissions but still no sound with 10.7.0 or 10.7.2.

*For battery i do get the icon in the bar but it show no battery is available.

I think my dsdt need to be corrected. Can you please help me with my dsdt.

I'm attaching the orignal dsdt from ubuntu 64bit (untouched) and patched one as well.

Thanks for your time

HP DV7 3080CA specs.

i7 720QM | PM55 chip | nVidia GT230m 1GB | 6GB RAM | Corsair F120 SSD | WD Black 500 HD

hi,

same problem here, sound and battery issue, i installed AppleHDA.kext which Taptun was uploaded earlier, still got errors about AppleHDAwidget ( i posted about it earlier still noone knows or no reply ) but it works ( if you got no sound after boot just change the volume level by slider on menu bar widget),,, and i think battery issue isn't about DSDT, its about kernel cuz on 10.6 it works but on 10.7 it doesn't,, so need a working kext on 10.7,,,

Okay so I've installed 10.7 lion

I restart to try and boot in.......boot loader not booting my installed lion partition. it but boots the installation drive only. (it doesn't crash or anything it just refreshes the bootloader, i think)

Please help :(

EDIT: Okay it works....the problem was the /Extra/mach_kernel file wasn't on the lion installed harddrive

New problem -> It tells me I have no keyboard installed on startup screen......please help

EDIT: Okay got the keyboard working with this http://www.insanelym...dpost&p=1740792

Remaining the brightness + battery management to work :)

Pleas help my graphic shows "Graphics Display 7 MB" in 'About this Mac' on Lion 10.7.2. My graphic card is not installing

EDIT: So I was experimenting and got sound working on DV8 10.7.2 but graphics is still showing 7MB :(

Edited by Jinex2012

Pleas help my graphic shows "Graphics Display 7 MB" in 'About this Mac' on Lion 10.7.2. My graphic card is not installing

EDIT: So I was experimenting and got sound working on DV8 10.7.2 but graphics is still showing 7MB :(

If you card is 230M then you need to add key GraphicsEnabler to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist file

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>