[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

This nanoseconds thing is called a kernel panic, but don't panic.

When you update your version of mac you should do two things:

1) Change the kernel located in the root folder and change the kernel, with the one provided from (tamptum usually) for your particular version, These kernels are located in previous comments.

2) Change the .plist file. The newer versions of chameleon don't use the com.apple.plist, but the org.chameleon.plist...

There inside change the name of the kernel.

3) Change the DSDT uppon upgrade. This DSDT I usually steel from people who post them here, and have the same computer with mine.

@kone_dejota

are you saying you have snow installed without sound or graphics??

Have you tried fixing your dsdt? I've gotten pretty good results with Lion so far and it seems we have similar hardware. From what I've read Snow should be more compatible overall. I need someone to check my dsdt though as I'm not sure I patched everything correctly.

@ Firanolfind

I'm pretty sure this thread is dedicated to older DVx series laptops - all 6000 series like yours have a sandy bridge cpu which means completely different hardware. If the people here were even to work on your dsdt they couldn't be sure to know what patches actually work. I think your best bet is to find the thread on tonymac regarding the HP sandy bridge ProBooks as they would offer more similar specs to yours. You shouldn't need to boot from the legacy kernel for lion as it has native support for sandy bridge. Stay away from Snow Leopard as only special 10.6.8 builds fully supported it. Although if you have an Insyde bios you will also be affected from the lapic error so to install you will still need to boot with cpus=1 until you apply the 10.7.2 lapic kernel by taptun. As far as graphics go I think the 6770m is compatible with OSX but I don't think anyone has gotten it to work through any means yet. So do you have switchable graphics? You may have to stick with the HD3000 if you do.

I would like to share my success story with everyone here in the HP forum.

I had had 10.6.3 for a year, because every time I upgraded to something higher (i.e. 10.6.7) I could never boot despite having edited the apple.plist or org.chameleon.plist file.

I had finally discovered that the problem was the infamous graphics card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650. This card had also given me troubles in my Lion installation. I could install Lion just fine as long as I used

PCIRootUID=0

but it would never boot up correctly until last week. Last week, the intro video played for me but I was still stuck on the verbose screen which was very weird but I new it worked. The funniest thing was that I hit

Command(alt) + f5

and activated the verbal help assistant and actually set up my account from the verbose screens through the voice in the Mac :|

Anyway, several people had told me to delete kexts then try again. What I had failed to do every time was do exactly that. I ended up deleting every single graphics kext that came with Lion through my Snow Leopard installation and voila, it booted up to the desktop!

I then applied this concept to 10.6.8 and would you look at that?! It booted just fine.

What's working:

1. Bluetooth (automatically)

2. Sound (VoodooHDA modified kext)

3. Keyboard (obviously)

4. Touchpad (I want Lion multi-gesture though... where do I get that from?)

5. Webcam, 4 USB, Headphone and Mic jack (custom DSDT applied.. thanks Maldon)

6. i5-450M is a dual core with 4 threads and they all work from Taptun's kernel's. (just search for them)

What is not working:

1. ATI Radeon HD 5650M Graphics Card. Since It is a switchable graphics card, I think there is no hope.

2. Brightness

3. Sleep

4. WiFi (but not supported and never will so I don't even know why I put here)

5. Possibly others.

So, if anyone has a fix for my issues above, help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You InsanelyMac Community.

-Jugz

Just found this thread. Looks like I have a lot of reading to do, but I do have a question.

I currently have an HP 6910p laptop, and I also have Snow Leopard. Would it make sense to give it a go to try and install on this machine, or would you recommend a purchase of another laptop and/or Lion? Or just give this a shot anyway?

What would you guys do?

Alright taptun, time for your genius kernel patching skills. 10.7.3 is out so that means us HPers need a new kernel!

Thanks for all your hard work. The update is good for vanilla installers and iAtkos users :)

Here is What I have done while we all wait for Taptun's patched kernel

Download the 10.7.3 combo update

copy your current 10.7.2 kernel to your desktop

copy your current audio Kext ( patched apple HDA) etc to your desk top

Run the combo update and reboot with flag cpus=1

delete the new apple HDA kext and install your previous audio kext copied earlier

delete the mach_kernel from root and replace it with the 10.7.2 mach_kernel (Taptun's patched 10.7.2 kernel renamed mach_kernel)

run kext utility to repair permissions and rebuild cache

reboot as normal and all your 4 cores will be working this time

:thumbsup_anim:

HP DV8 1080 EA (UK version) core i7 with Nvidia GT 230 graphics

Noticed a slight geek bench score rise 6089 pre update and 6403 post update

post-728823-0-91872100-1328591269_thumb.png

post-728823-0-53078500-1328591284_thumb.png

post-728823-0-11034700-1328591836_thumb.png

post-728823-0-97159200-1328591851_thumb.png

hi,

i upgraded to 10.7.3 and everything is fine, geekbench is the same at 5762 and now i have wifi no more working...any idea to get it working again? Any solution for latest 10.7.3 applehda too for dv8?

thanks!

mal

EDIT: i replaced IO802Family.kext with 1072 one and it works now...any reason why my geekbench is the same , and lower than yours guyz?

Hi

i have a dv5-1080ev with lion 10.7.3.i installed lion only with iatkos l2 image(update directly from software update) and is working almost flawless.i need help to create a dsdt.aml for this to enable sleep and use audio built-in an no the voodoohda 2.7.3 which i

am using now. my laptop has a intel high definition audio 8086:293e, which alc kext it need's ?

forgive me for my english

Taptun

mach_kernel patched for 10.7.3

http://www.osx86.net..._lapic.fix.html

or made in Taptun :rolleyes:

http://www.mediafire...swz9x9dp5mtryb4

post-145476-0-47463300-1328630531_thumb.png

@Taptun

Thank you so much taptun.

I do not know what any of us would do without your hard work and dedication to the InsanelyMac community.

Where is the <3 button when you need it?

Hey everyone I got the DV3-2154 CA, I am booting 10.6.7.

As of now everything works except ethernet, microphone, webcam and wifi

Wifi and qe/ci are incompatible but does anyone know where I could find drivers for webcam and mic? I also tried to get ethernet up and running but it has been a no go.

Also seems to work fairly well, is there any reason I would want to apply a DCDT patch (I havent yet).

Thanks!

Hi Taptun,

I have managed to install 10.7.2 Vanilla on my HP Pavilion.

The problem I am having is that the desktop resolution is set to 1024x768 even thought my laptop can do 1280x800.

Please can you advise me how to get this to work.

Thank you for your time.

All the test,

NSCXP2005

Hey HP guys,

Installed OS X Mountain Lion and it was a success!

post-638143-0-87477400-1329526993_thumb.png

This is just fantastic news. Taptun, I'm wondering if you could possibly work on a patch for that kernel...

I know that is a lot to ask, but I know that you are the best for us HPers :)

Just in case, here is the Mountain Lion kernel: mach_kernel.zip

(FYI, the kernel IS invisible)

Thanks InsanelyMac Community.

-Jugz

PS My iCloud never worked until the upgrade to 10.8 haha. Awesome! :thumbsup_anim:

Hey HP guys,

Installed OS X Mountain Lion and it was a success!

post-638143-0-87477400-1329526993_thumb.png

This is just fantastic news. Taptun, I'm wondering if you could possibly work on a patch for that kernel...

I know that is a lot to ask, but I know that you are the best for us HPers :)

Just in case, here is the Mountain Lion kernel: mach_kernel.zip

(FYI, the kernel IS invisible)

Thanks InsanelyMac Community.

-Jugz

PS My iCloud never worked until the upgrade to 10.8 haha. Awesome! :thumbsup_anim:

Jugz you need the source kernel to make the patched version so no I don't think it will be possible. I guess if it can be done via DSDT then yes or inject the patch through chamleon.

Jugz you need the source kernel to make the patched version so no I don't think it will be possible. I guess if it can be done via DSDT then yes or inject the patch through chamleon.

What is a source kernel? And that kernel I uploaded is the 10.8 kernel.

Well hello there. So new Mac OS X is out then :thumbsup_anim: I just managed to get my system up and running finally about couple weeks ago and I am now running 10.7.3 on my computer. Followed guides posted here before. Biggest problem for me and mayby many other newbies here, was how I would get that DSDT file for my system.

But that was quite easy after all. You just get Ubuntu 10.10 live Cd, boot and in terminal -> sudo cat/proc/acpi/dsdt >dsdt.aml

So that was it. After that i finally managed get system up and running.

Of course there mayby should be some more patches in my DSDT file. My audio isnt working and also my wifi wont work. I think also that my battery system isnt working also. Whit graphics enabler my Nvidia card is reconized, I guess I could get audio also from my firewire audiosystem and ethernet is working also.

Here is my DSDT if someone wants to have look of it and mayby knows how to make some patches for my system.

myDSDT.rar

Also usable for anybody whit same system I have.

I was little bit lost there for a while, but finally mistake by mistake could manage get things done. Thanks all of you here and cant wait to get things work whit Apples latest OS X :wink2: