[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

Hey everybody !!!

Did we, the dv8t-1100 people find any way or DSDT to boot without the need of graphics enabler = yes?

Thanks Taptun for the kernel, and Oscr for the advice for the 10.7.2 update.

By the way, so far everything works really cool !!!!!!

Running 10-7-2 now

Facetime and ICloud are nor working, can't use my AppleID,

Any solution ?

Using latest Cham 1618

Attached is my smbios.plist

If you use chameleon wizard janek202 added a new download link to his dropbox account. According to the description, there is a version of Cham 1618 with Facetime and iCloud fixes applied.

Have not tried it yet. Just giving you a heads up....... :)

Here is a little more complete SMBios.plist..... it may or may not help :unsure:

SMBios.plist.zip

Why is icloud and facetime not working even after chameleon update to a trunk that supports it?

I tried every single Method, it just don't work !!!!!

:blink::wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

First: I upgraded to Chameleon revision: 1618 with iCloud & FaceTime fix (using Chameleon Wizard Dropbox & update )

Second: Make sure that my serial & smbios info are complete and checking the serial via (https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do) & it's detected

Third: Checking that "/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist" and even deleted it and restarted and it's already built-in & en0 !!!

<string>en0</string>
<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<true/>

Fourth: adding to org.chameleon.boot.plist

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

Someone please help me. I followed the mald0n guide but cannot install Lion on my dv6t (i7 720QM, NVIDIA 230M). First, the Usb just didn't boot. So I ran the commands in Mammoth's guide (using fdisk440). The Usb then boot but after loading, it get stuck at "System uptime in .... nanoseconds"..

1762203[/url]']

Someone please help me. I followed the mald0n guide but cannot install Lion on my dv6t (i7 720QM, NVIDIA 230M). First, the Usb just didn't boot. So I ran the commands in Mammoth's guide (using fdisk440). The Usb then boot but after loading, it get stuck at "System uptime in .... nanoseconds"..

Did you try using the boot flag cpus=1

1762337[/url]']

I have updated to 10.7.2. The I put TapTun's mach_kernel into /extra but i still have to use cpus=1 otherwise it wont put... Can someone pls upload ur extra folder pls

I am reinstalling lion to hopefully fix ICloud problem and when I'm back up I'll upload mine because my kernel works

I have updated to 10.7.2. The I put TapTun's mach_kernel into /extra but i still have to use cpus=1 otherwise it wont put... Can someone pls upload ur extra folder pls

Hi Zell Dinch

You need to change your org.chameleon.Boot.plist to include

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>Extra/mach_kernel</string>

@macri81: i have put that in the plist file already but it still doesnt work. Still get lapic error.

Edit: ok got it, i deleted the mach_kernel at root and it worked.

Now, after putting next files into /E/E, it takes ages for Mac to boot, through many loading pages. I've loaded Kext Utility to pack a mkext file but it still doesn't work.

I've attached my dsdt.aml to this post. Can someone please help a look. Now, Battery, Brightness, Sound doesn't work. And when I scroll my mouse's middle button up, it goes down and vice versa.

dsdt.aml.zip

Hi all

Help me please,impossible for me install lion on HP DV7 6090ef.

Thanks

We don't know how to help, hence we're not replying.

Help please!

Don't expect us to do anything for you. Go figure and try it out yourself. Of course unless you want to give me one laptop that has the same specifications as yours.

I've attached my dsdt.aml to this post. Can someone please help a look. Now, Battery, Brightness, Sound doesn't work. And when I scroll my mouse's middle button up, it goes down and vice versa.

Download Scroll Reverser

http://pilotmoon.com/scrollreverser/

@macri81: i have put that in the plist file already but it still doesnt work. Still get lapic error.

Edit: ok got it, i deleted the mach_kernel at root and it worked.

Now, after putting next files into /E/E, it takes ages for Mac to boot, through many loading pages. I've loaded Kext Utility to pack a mkext file but it still doesn't work.

dsdt.aml.zip

Hi .

Try this DSDT

Zell_Dinch.zip

@Taptun

@Komano

I explained my problems for install lion,i don't know i should make easy calls more.

We don't know what's your problem that's why we can't help.

@komano, nvm, i didnt noe that that is a feature of lion and can be turned off in pref. Everything works fine now

^^

@TapTun: after putting the dsdt and kext in. Now i cant log in. My keyboard seems not working so i cant type anything...

Tried a USB Keyboard?

I want to change my wifi card but don't know which one I should buy.

My bios is patched for any card! Which is the best selection?

My bluetooth also relies in that card! Thank you!

I'm on a AR5B93. Are you sure your bluetooth depends on the wifi card? o-o

We don't know what's your problem that's why we can't help.

^^

Tried a USB Keyboard?

Yes , it doesn't work either. I think it's because of the AppleHDA.kext.

Btw, the old dsdt.aml came from a broken patcher so i'm attaching my new dsdt.aml. With this one, sound, brightness and battery work. I don't know if it missed anything so can someone (Sir Taptun?!) have a look please.

dsdt.aml.zip

My fault. Just removed the card and I still have bluetooth! I will buy this card probably tonight. Thank you very much!

I also googled it and saw that the card supports AirDrop.

Yesterday I also upgraded to Lion (xMove) and everything works fine!

Full Graphics Acceleration, Audio with patched AppleHDA, Brigthness, Sleep...Everything!!

:(