[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

You a 15" laptop so MacBookPro6,2 fits your system better.

If you did the change under MacBookPro6,2 but your SMBios is set to 6,1 thats why it does not work.

Okay I changed the SMBios to 6,2. It seems that 1080p works now. But there is now a delay of, say, 1s every 10s. E.g. when I move the cursor continuously, it stops in the middle , say, 1s, then moved; or the video (on youtube) stopped 1s every approx 10s.

Btw, it still shows 320M in About my Mac.

Hi all, i have a problem with Mammoth method's installation. I think im doing something wrong. Sorry with my poor English, im spanish.

My PC have InSyde H20 F.21 Bios and updated with sp45138 from HP.

MIIF file i downladed is this one: I try this because i have a DV5 1035es with same Bios as DV5t-1207tx.

"This is for any DV5 (or otherwise) machine that uses BIOS F.21 - sp45138 (created from DV5t-1207tx)

NEW VERSION! 8:00 PM -8:00 GMT 2011-04-02 Click to view attachment"

I have a Backup of MY Mac OSX DVD Retail 10.6.3.

I boot my PC from CD with "Mammoth BootCD 1.15A" with USB Fat32 plugged with next files:

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5852/miif.jpg

My first question is: What file or file are just needed in My USB Fat32 MIIF??? MIIF folder, MIIF files in USB root, MIIF_DV5.dmg expand image or MIIF_DV5.dmg NOT expand image.

When i boot with Mammoth BootCD Chameleon starts good, i swap CD with MAC OSx 10.6.3 DVD Retail when the DVD light is off and i press F5 and appears Mac osX Install DVD and press ENTER.

Mac OSx starts loading and take me "Still waiting for root device". Note that i have my USB Fat32 plugged.

I havent modified or created any DSDT.aml file because i though DV51035es (my PC) and DV5t-1207tx have same F21 Bios.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7788/p1020911w.jpg

I think is something wrong...... ;)

Could you help me???

Thank you very much!!!!

Just tried it... Finally 1080p videos on youtube! Thank you very much!

Glad to here it worked for you too :) Thanks for clarifying about SMBios. You are correct in that the change must be made under the SMBios version you are using. :(

Erm... I did modify the plist file but it still doesn't work. My SMBios is already set to 6,1. So how do I set the FakeSMC, and what do I have to change in my dsdt file?

To change your FakeSMC check out this post.. Look at your System Information, SMC Version (system):. Mine is SMC Version (system): 1.57f16, (see screen shot) which is correct for MBP6,1 with Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B0C. I read somewhere that the default SMC Version (system) in FakeSMC is for MacPro3,1. If you are using native AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext, we know SMBios has a direct impact on how your hack runs. Example: If your SMBios is MacPro3,1 (like original Mammoth setup).... your speakers don't pop after a few seconds of silence. Now if you change your SMBios to MacBookPro 6,1 ... your speakers will pop after a few seconds. This is because the power management changed. The popping noise you here is your sound shutting down until it is needed. By going from MacPro3,1 (desktop, sound always powered) to MBP 6,1 (laptop, sounds powers down to save battery), you can see the SMBios does indeed have direct impact on performance. So to further convince my DVx that it is indeed a MBP6,1, I changed the FakeSMC version to better mimick it. That way the SMC Version matches the SMBios version. ;)

I found the SMC Version by searching google with "MacBookPro6,1 DMI" and reading the Linux bug reports.

For those with the popping.... check out this info. It works well ;)

post-702132-1321755486_thumb.png

Btw, it still shows 320M in About my Mac.

This will not change your video card naming. That is the way your card is named in your DSDT. If it is named incorrectly, you can just change it yourself using DSDTEditor :)

Glad to here it worked for you too :) Thanks for clarifying about SMBios. You are correct in that the change must be made under the SMBios version you are using. :(

To change your FakeSMC check out this post.. Look at your System Information, SMC Version (system):. Mine is SMC Version (system): 1.57f16, (see screen shot) which is correct for MBP6,1 with Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B0C. I read somewhere that the default SMC Version (system) in FakeSMC is for MacPro3,1. If you are using native AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext, we know SMBios has a direct impact on how your hack runs. Example: If your SMBios is MacPro3,1 (like original Mammoth setup).... your speakers don't pop after a few seconds of silence. Now if you change your SMBios to MacBookPro 6,1 ... your speakers will pop after a few seconds. This is because the power management changed. The popping noise you here is your sound shutting down until it is needed. By going from MacPro3,1 (desktop, sound always powered) to MBP 6,1 (laptop, sounds powers down to save battery), you can see the SMBios does indeed have direct impact on performance. So to further convince my DVx that it is indeed a MBP6,1, I changed the FakeSMC version to better mimick it. That way the SMC Version matches the SMBios version. ;)

I found the SMC Version by searching google with "MacBookPro6,1 DMI" and reading the Linux bug reports.

This will not change your video card naming. That is the way your card is named in your DSDT. If it is named incorrectly, you can just change it yourself using DSDTEditor :)

ok I modified the fakesmc yet still experienced the graphical delay. Can you have a look at my dsdt please.

dsdt.aml.zip

1771991[/url]' date='Nov 20 2011, 08:18 AM']ok I modified the fakesmc yet still experienced the graphical delay. Can you have a look at my dsdt please.

I also want to modify my FakeSMC. Have you found the SMC Version for MacBookPro6,2?

MacBookPro6,2:

Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B0A

SMC Version (system): 1.58f16

ok I modified the fakesmc yet still experienced the graphical delay. Can you have a look at my dsdt please.

Try this one. Save your old DSDT in case it don't work for you. I made some changes to the Video Card Section of your DSDT. It closely mimicks a MBP6,2 nVidia card. I have mine set up this way and it works very well for me. :)

BTW, I assume you used NIXon's latest auto-patch, because your DSDT is identical to mine (with the exception of HDEF "layout-id") if I use NIXon's patch. What BIOS do you use?

Just asking because he also injects his wireless card. Had to change that for my DVx, to match my card.

I using an experimental DSDT, that made a bunch of changes to NIXon's auto-patch. I'm using info from him,Taptun, and other sources around the net, to closer mimic MBP6,1. No HDMI Sound implemented yet (Video works). I'm trying to get native nVidia sound working on HDMI, with IDT sound for laptop. If you are using the same bios as in my sig, your welcome to try it. My DVx has been very stable using it. You will have to change the HDEF "layout-id" to match your patched AppleHDA.kext. I'm using Taptun's Audio ID: 7603 layout.

Zell.Dinch.aml.zip

Experimental.aml.zip

P.S. Both these DSDT's are for LION..... It does make a difference. Not for Snow Leopard.

Glad to here it worked for you too :) Thanks for clarifying about SMBios. You are correct in that the change must be made under the SMBios version you are using. :)

To change your FakeSMC check out this post.. Look at your System Information, SMC Version (system):. Mine is SMC Version (system): 1.57f16, (see screen shot) which is correct for MBP6,1 with Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B0C. I read somewhere that the default SMC Version (system) in FakeSMC is for MacPro3,1. If you are using native AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext, we know SMBios has a direct impact on how your hack runs. Example: If your SMBios is MacPro3,1 (like original Mammoth setup).... your speakers don't pop after a few seconds of silence. Now if you change your SMBios to MacBookPro 6,1 ... your speakers will pop after a few seconds. This is because the power management changed. The popping noise you here is your sound shutting down until it is needed. By going from MacPro3,1 (desktop, sound always powered) to MBP 6,1 (laptop, sounds powers down to save battery), you can see the SMBios does indeed have direct impact on performance. So to further convince my DVx that it is indeed a MBP6,1, I changed the FakeSMC version to better mimick it. That way the SMC Version matches the SMBios version. B)

I tried what you have said for my card and I still have a laggy youtube playback and also playing DVDs is impossible. I changed the SMBIOS from 6,1 to 6,2 and I also changed the SMC version to 1.58f16 but My information still says 17 in mid 2010.HP dv6-2300 with the 320m video card. Is there anything i need to do? I also just made the SD card reader work. Whats not working so far is the youtube videos at 720 or 1080p and my trackpad doesn't have multitouch or at least 2 finger scrolling (i could really use the tap to click and 2 finger scrolling)..Is it anything to do with my DSDT? THanks for all the help. Keep the good work up :)

I have also uploaded the DSDT.aml if you want to take a look at it.

and i see you have osx 10.7.2. Im still in 10.7.1 because I don't want everything to mess up in an update to 10.7.2. Do you recommend just updating? will anything functionality be lost?

Try this one. Save your old DSDT in case it don't work for you. I made some changes to the Video Card Section of your DSDT. It closely mimicks a MBP6,2 nVidia card. I have mine set up this way and it works very well for me. :D

BTW, I assume you used NIXon's latest auto-patch, because your DSDT is identical to mine (with the exception of HDEF "layout-id") if I use NIXon's patch. What BIOS do you use?

Just asking because he also injects his wireless card. Had to change that for my DVx, to match my card.

I using an experimental DSDT, that made a bunch of changes to NIXon's auto-patch. I'm using info from him,Taptun, and other sources around the net, to closer mimic MBP6,1. No HDMI Sound implemented yet (Video works). I'm trying to get native nVidia sound working on HDMI, with IDT sound for laptop. If you are using the same bios as in my sig, your welcome to try it. My DVx has been very stable using it. You will have to change the HDEF "layout-id" to match your patched AppleHDA.kext. I'm using Taptun's Audio ID: 7603 layout.

Zell.Dinch.aml.zip

Experimental.aml.zip

P.S. Both these DSDT's are for LION..... It does make a difference. Not for Snow Leopard.

I'm using the same BIOS (with whitelist). So I replaced my dsdt with yours. Now 1080p works better. But there is still graphical lags. Like, when I move my mouse continuously, it suddenly stops like 1s in and then moves far away... Did you change anything in the plait apart from the Vendor10deDevice0a28?

And you said our layout-id are different. how comes? I found that they're the same (0xB3, 0x1D, 0x00, 0x00)

Btw, does the SSD come with your laptop or did you replace the stock one? My HDD is running out of space so i really want to replace it.

I'm using the same BIOS (with whitelist). So I replaced my dsdt with yours. Now 1080p works better. But there is still graphical lags. Like, when I move my mouse continuously, it suddenly stops like 1s in and then moves far away... Did you change anything in the plait apart from the Vendor10deDevice0a28?

And you said our layout-id are different. how comes? I found that they're the same (0xB3, 0x1D, 0x00, 0x00)

Btw, does the SSD come with your laptop or did you replace the stock one? My HDD is running out of space so i really want to replace it.

Nope, only changed Vendor10deDevice0a29 to Vendor10deDevice0a28 under MacBookPro6,1..... because that is what my SMBios is set to.

When you changed your SMBios from 6,1 to 6,2....did you change the rest of the info in your SMBios to match?

This is from MBP6,2 DMI

dmi.bios.date: 07/26/10
dmi.bios.vendor: Apple Inc.
dmi.bios.version: MBP61.88Z.0057.B0C.1007261552
dmi.board.asset.tag: Base Board Asset Tag#
dmi.board.name: Mac-F22586C8<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Look Here
dmi.board.vendor: Apple Inc.
dmi.board.version: MacBookPro6,2
dmi.chassis.type: 10
dmi.chassis.vendor: Apple Inc.
dmi.chassis.version: Mac-F22586C8
dmi.modalias: dmi:bvnAppleInc.:bvrMBP61.88Z.0057.B0C.1007261552:bd07/26/10:svnAppleInc.:pnMacBookPro6,2:pvr1.0:rvnAppleInc.:rnMac-F22586C8:rvrMacBookPro6,2:cvnAppleInc.:ct10:cvrMac-F22586C8:
dmi.product.name: MacBookPro6,2
dmi.product.version: 1.0
dmi.sys.vendor: Apple Inc.

This is from MBP6,1 DMI

dmi.board.name: Mac-F22589C8<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Look Here
dmi.chassis.version: Mac-F22589C8
dmi.modalias: dmi:bvnAppleInc.:bvrMBP61.88Z.0057.B0C.1007261552:bd07/26/10:svnAppleInc.:pnMacBookPro6,1:pvr1.0:rvnAppleInc.:rnMac-F22589C8:rvr:cvnAppleInc.:ct10:cvrMac-F22589C8:
dmi.product.name: MacBookPro6,1

The motherboards have different Model numbers. The serial number's are different too, and help identify your Hack (About This Mac). Here is one for MBP6,2 Mid 2010 "FC032BJAAGW". Made it from this app. It has a serial generator. Check this page to confirm serial. Change these in your SMBios and see if that helps. I don't have the delays with the pointer. :) I can upload the .kext I'm using if you want....

As for the layout id.... sorry, my mistake. :wacko: They are the same. It was the layout ID from NIXon's patch that was different when I was comparing your DSDT.

The SSD's replaced the stock one. They work great. Instantly recognized by OSX and Windows. Easy setup and very fast. :)

Actually I successfully changed my FakeSMC but I experienced these problems with the mouse and graphics lags. Also no popping sound when turning sound off...I dont know why. So I got back to the Mac3.1 FakeSMC and everything is running smoothly again.

Nope, only changed Vendor10deDevice0a29 to Vendor10deDevice0a28 under MacBookPro6,1..... because that is what my SMBios is set to.

When you changed your SMBios from 6,1 to 6,2....did you change the rest of the info in your SMBios to match?

This is from MBP6,2 DMI

dmi.board.name: Mac-F22586C8<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Look Here
dmi.board.version: MacBookPro6,2
dmi.chassis.version: Mac-F22586C8
dmi.modalias: dmi:bvnAppleInc.:bvrMBP61.88Z.0057.B0C.1007261552:bd07/26/10:svnAppleInc.:pnMacBookPro6,2:pvr1.0:rvnAppleInc.:rnMac-F22586C8:rvrMacBookPro6,2:cvnAppleInc.:ct10:cvrMac-F22586C8:
dmi.product.name: MacBookPro6,2

This is from MBP6,1 DMI

dmi.board.name: Mac-F22589C8<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Look Here
dmi.chassis.version: Mac-F22589C8
dmi.modalias: dmi:bvnAppleInc.:bvrMBP61.88Z.0057.B0C.1007261552:bd07/26/10:svnAppleInc.:pnMacBookPro6,1:pvr1.0:rvnAppleInc.:rnMac-F22589C8:rvr:cvnAppleInc.:ct10:cvrMac-F22589C8:
dmi.product.name: MacBookPro6,1

The motherboards have different Model numbers. The serial number's are different too, and help identify your Hack (About This Mac). Here is one for MBP6,2 Mid 2010 "FC032BJAAGW". Made it from this app. It has a serial generator. Check this page to confirm serial. Change these in your SMBios and see if that helps. I don't have the delays with the pointer. :) I can upload the .kext I'm using if you want....

As for the layout id.... sorry, my mistake. :wacko: They are the same. It was the layout ID from NIXon's patch that was different when I was comparing your DSDT.

The SSD's replaced the stock one. They work great. Instantly recognized by OSX and Windows. Easy setup and very fast. :)

Yeah. I used champlist to edit my SMBios so everything is corrected. But still there are delays... Here is my SMBIOS:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Copyright</key>

<string>SMBios by 7ender @ InMac.org Created with Champlist.app</string>

<key>SMbiosvendor</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMbiosversion</key>

<string>MBP61.88Z.0057.B0C.1007261552</string>

<key>SMboardproduct</key>

<string>Mac-F22586C8</string>

<key>SMfamily</key>

<string>MacBook Pro</string>

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>MacBookPro6,2</string>

<key>SMserial</key>

<string>C0033ZFCAGW</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Actually I successfully changed my FakeSMC but I experienced these problems with the mouse and graphics lags. Also no popping sound when turning sound off...I dont know why. So I got back to the Mac3.1 FakeSMC and everything is running smoothly again.

Really? Could you upload FakeSMC please. And if you don't mind, the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext as well. Thank you very much.

Yeah. I used champlist to edit my SMBios so everything is corrected. But still there are delays... Here is my SMBIOS:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Copyright</key>

<string>SMBios by 7ender @ InMac.org Created with Champlist.app</string>

<key>SMbiosvendor</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMbiosversion</key>

<string>MBP61.88Z.0057.B0C.1007261552</string>

<key>SMboardproduct</key>

<string>Mac-F22586C8</string>

<key>SMfamily</key>

<string>MacBook Pro</string>

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>MacBookPro6,2</string>

<key>SMserial</key>

<string>C0033ZFCAGW</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Really? Could you upload FakeSMC please. And if you don't mind, the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext as well. Thank you very much.

The FakeSMC is the original one which is preset to MacPro3,1.

My AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext * is coming in a moment (MacBookPro6,2-->GT 230M).

*Note that I am running Lion 10.7.2 and all updates installed. I'm telling that in case this kext has changed.

UPDATE: Just noticed this:

I changed my SMC version back to the MacBookPro6,2 one.

I noticed the mouse lag.

Then open youtube and played a full 1080p video.

The system doesn't lag at all. When I pause it the lag is back again...

Maybe because of the video card power management? That's why MacPro works better: different power management.

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.zip

My AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext * is coming in a moment (MacBookPro6,2-->GT 230M).

*Note that I am running Lion 10.7.2 and all updates installed. I'm telling that in case this kext has changed.

I noticed the mouse lag.

Maybe because of the video card power management? That's why MacPro works better: different power management.

That's interesting. Never tried it with MacPro3,1. SMC. Have had it as MBP6,1 for quite a while. I'll give it a go, and see what happens here.

I still am not seeing the lag with MBP6,1 :)

Edit: So just to be sure... you are using MacPro3,1 SMC and MacBookPro6,2 SMBios?

Just tried MacPro3,1 SMC and MacBookPro6,1 SMBios. Tried "About This Mac" and 1080P YouTube. On my DVx I'm not seeing any real difference. No stuttering video or mouse lag with either. Even Geekbench checks are the same.

Maybe the SMC version will just depend on your version DVx. -_-

One of those.... Use what works best for you setup .... Things.

I will leave it as it is. The only lag I can see is sometimes with the mouse pointer ( not easy to notice it) but the battery life is better. When I am playing videos etc. everything runs smoothly. So no problem. The only problem left is the HDMI audio...

Try bootflag pciroot=1. Also give tonymacx86's boot cd a try. Its called [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]. I have been always using it without any problem!

I noticed the mouse lag.

I tried your kext file, with original FakeSMC (1.30f3), there are still obvious mouse lags. Which FakeSMC do you use again, I use the rev 493 from here:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1643

If you don't mind, can you upload your FakeSMC with SMBios please >_<. It's so nice to have HD Video working but this glitch is just crazy...

I tried that given kext as well and no luck. At first, 720p worked and then when i switched back to a 1080p video, the lag came again.

---also being curious, I deleted the boot file that is in the same directory as the mach kernel. does anyone want to done thairs so i can have mine back up and running. because of this, i have not windows or os x running. Im thinking of reinstalling chameleon but im not sure if that will solve the problem