ASrock Conroe945G-DVI

rkwok

843 posts in this topic

Troubles with sound and graphics

I've installed Jas 10.4.8 Intel SSE2, SSE3, and tried all the usual fixes for both Graphics and sound but both still have issues.

1 Graphics

Looking at system profile it has everything working

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0322

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 85 Hz

Depth: 16-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Display:

The main problems are jumpy vidoe from any source, and more importantly a frustratingly slow/jumpy mouse.

I know the onboard 950 intel graphics give a smooth mouse, but I purchased the PCI graphics card to try for some better graphics.

Any solutions? So far I've tried Natit, MacVideia Drivers, Geforece 5200 installer etc. I haven't got into terminal coding at all or deleting kernels, or modifying device ids. Could it be the old monitor I have?

2 Sound

Ive tried Azaliaaudio, and ALC888 patchs and a number of other fixes, again not kernel edits or terminal stuff. I have audio, but it is jumpy in a similar fashion to the video, anthough it is independent of the video, eg playing itunes.

Everything else is no worries.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

I have been frustrated with a problem for a while now, and I'm getting REALLY fed up with it.

Conroe 945G-DVI board.

E6300

3GB RAM -2x1GB, 2x512MB.

250GB Western Digital HD -> SATA -> Boot drive

250GB Western Digital HD -> IDE -> Movies and iTunes library

Sony DVD-RW drive

Via Firewire Controller

System locks up randomly. Thought it was Growl. Uninstalled. Thought it was SoftRAID. Unistalled. Thought it was the SATA controller. Installed on IDE. Same deal. Thought it was memory. Memtested. Fine. Thought it was power supply. Pulled. Thought processor was running hot. Removed fan, Artic Silvered the CPU. Same temp. Temp Monitor in OS X isn't reading temperature right. BIOS temp: 38C. Temp Monitor (and others), 60C. Other threads point to this board not displaying temp right. C'est La vie. System can run for a day or 10 minutes. Doesn't matter. Seems to be when high-memory usage is in play, or, not at all. Tried different memory configurations. (1GB w/ 2 512s, 2GB w/ 2 1GBs). No difference. Still locks up. Tried idlehalt=0. Tried cpus=1.

XP/Vista work. Without issue.

I'm going out of my mind. That was just a recap of everything I've done so far. There could be other things I've tried i'm not thinking of. Please someone have a word of advice that I've not thought of. I've scowered the forums for answers, and nothing. Seems like when people have this problem, they get ignored. I hope this isn't the case, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for any advice.

G.

Grio, how did you fix this? did you just reinstall? i'm curious.

try a fresh install from your 10.4.8 dvd, then update via the

koolkal 10.4.10 intel combo sse2 & sse3 V2

and check the packages i used (see my post above). i have flawless onboard LAN audio and video via the DVI card.

for your FX 5200 i would try the Titan patch... search the forums, i forget where it is.

-D

Troubles with sound and graphics

I've installed Jas 10.4.8 Intel SSE2, SSE3, and tried all the usual fixes for both Graphics and sound but both still have issues.

1 Graphics

Looking at system profile it has everything working

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0322

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 85 Hz

Depth: 16-bit Color

Core Image: Supported

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Display:

The main problems are jumpy vidoe from any source, and more importantly a frustratingly slow/jumpy mouse.

I know the onboard 950 intel graphics give a smooth mouse, but I purchased the PCI graphics card to try for some better graphics.

Any solutions? So far I've tried Natit, MacVideia Drivers, Geforece 5200 installer etc. I haven't got into terminal coding at all or deleting kernels, or modifying device ids. Could it be the old monitor I have?

2 Sound

Ive tried Azaliaaudio, and ALC888 patchs and a number of other fixes, again not kernel edits or terminal stuff. I have audio, but it is jumpy in a similar fashion to the video, anthough it is independent of the video, eg playing itunes.

Everything else is no worries.

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Hallo all,

I have a strange problem here, today i upgraded the video card from an Nvidia 7600GS to an 790GTO, the weird thing is that now in Activity Monitor I get 2.88GB of system memory instead of the 3GB that I had previously with the 7600GS. I've check if the integrated VGA is enable but it isn't.

About this Mac show 3GB SdRam, with the 7900GTO

I'm asking if anyone had this strange side effect.

Here is the screen:

7600GS

7900GTO

I forgot to ad that the difference in RAM is visible during the Bios Post, 3072MB vs 2944MB.

ciao

Davide

I installed JAS 10.4.8 on a ASrock Conroe945G-DVI with a Core 2 Duo E6400 with a single SATA HDD for Mac OS. Windows is on a RAID.

On boot i receive the Message: Unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI".

I tried updating the BIOS, disabling this feature with no improvement.

The Installation did not offer single options for GMA900, 950 etc. There is a single selection possibility for enhanced hardware suport including a lot of additional packages.

Please give me a hint how to get the system running.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thinking of putting together a osx86 machine with the 945g-dvi using onboard dvi hooked directly up to my HD projection tv.

Has anyone used the 945g-dvi add-in card (dvi) on a dvi HDTV? What was the max resolution you have been able to take his board up to? Will it do 480p/720p/1080p and work with OSX? I understand that our hacks don't always result in usable resolutions.

I'll use this machine for mostly video playback and capture, plus some browsing. Will the dvi resolution be usable (I'd be happy with 1280x720).

Thanks!

thinking of putting together a osx86 machine with the 945g-dvi using onboard dvi hooked directly up to my HD projection tv.

Has anyone used the 945g-dvi add-in card (dvi) on a dvi HDTV? What was the max resolution you have been able to take his board up to? Will it do 480p/720p/1080p and work with OSX? I understand that our hacks don't always result in usable resolutions.

I'll use this machine for mostly video playback and capture, plus some browsing. Will the dvi resolution be usable (I'd be happy with 1280x720).

Thanks!

i use the dvi add in card to drive my 22" monitor and it looks great, my 22" lcd's resolution is 1680x1050, it should drive your 720p resolution just fine

Also it would be nice to know if anyone using this board has Sleep working

I use my Conroe board with the DVI add-on card on a 23" Cinema Display with a 1920 to 1200 resolution. I have also attached an analogue monitor to the VGA connector.

Your problem may be that your projector does not tell the right resolutions via DVI. It might help to attach two computer monitors to the connectors and first make the analogue one primary (move the menu bar in the display properties to the analogue monitor). Then you can attach the Beamer and collect all display properties windows on the analogue screen - there you can re-adjust the resolution.

JL

Hi guys,

Has anyone managed to install Kallyway 10.5 ?

I have uphuck 10.4.9 r3 up and running, definitely the fastest and easiest install for our motherboard. I will try 10.4.10 soon, I never managed to update, so I always do fresh installs.

I did try 10.5 yesterday evening, and couldn't make it work, the install seems to go ok ( I ticked GMA950, Azalia, Realtek R1000), once I restart after the installation, the grey spin keeps running in a very hicuppy way, I waited for a while but usually when my raptor doesn't make noise for a while, that's a bad sign...

Anyway, I saw somewhere that someone got it running on the Asrock conroe 1333, so I guess there is a way.

For those who wonder about the sleep thing, I never managed to make it work, but I've never really tried what they say on the wiki.

I have installed 10.4.9 uphuc v1.3 with kernel 8.9.1 and sleep work well, but only a problem, when exit to sleep the os x do and logout and login automatic, and all aplications close after wake up. The mouse and keyboard work well after sleep. I have DVI Card attached on 20" wide monitor 1680x1050.

The only modification is applesmbios.kext from paulicat and loginwindow from 10.4.7

10.4.7 work very smoth than 10.4.9/10 with 945G DVI, but some applicatiosn not work with this.

• 2 weeks later...

which 10.4.10 patch would work the best?

I've tried koolkat 10.4.10 intel combo but it didn't seem very stable, it kept crashing once in awhile also it sometimes screws up the text on the folders (ie. some of the characters would overlap one another and parts of the text missing)

which 10.4.10 patch would work the best?

I've tried koolkat 10.4.10 intel combo but it didn't seem very stable, it kept crashing once in awhile also it sometimes screws up the text on the folders (ie. some of the characters would overlap one another and parts of the text missing)

I have koolkal 10.4.10 on one partition, updated from JaS 10.4.9. Works fine for me. It's not my main partition but I ran this system for at least 50 hours or more and found it as stable as 10.4.9. Are you sure that you choose the right packages during install? I found this instructions anywhere here and saved them:

"use these packages:

MacOSXUpdCombo10.4.10 Intel only hpet

kernel 8.10.1_kernel_SSE3_intel_hpet

Patches and Drivers:

Network: (only check) Realtek R10000

SATA & ATA Drivers: (only check) IOATAFamily +ich8 sata

Sound Drivers: (only check) Azalia Audio

i checked ONLY the above packages and i've had a stable system since i did (couple days ago).

fyi, on the restart after installing, the system restarted twice, not sure why but after that it was normal."

cheers, pilsator

I'm trying to get a conroe 1333 dvi/h mb working with 10.4.10 or 10.4.8 and have discovered that it does not boot with either the 1.70 or 1.80 bios. It restarts the system after flashing Starting Darwin... Is there a setting in the bios that will work? I went back to 1.40 and it boot fine.

you've never noticed that some of the text starts to overlap on icons after a while?

maybe it's b/c i'm on conroe1333?

I'm not quiet sure whether I get you right (this is not my native language). You mean the folder and icon names are not displayed the way they should?

I didn't notice that.

So the reason might be a difference in the board design.

cheers, pilsator

I have installed 10.4.9 uphuc v1.3 with kernel 8.9.1 and sleep work well, but only a problem, when exit to sleep the os x do and logout and login automatic, and all aplications close after wake up. The mouse and keyboard work well after sleep. I have DVI Card attached on 20" wide monitor 1680x1050.

The only modification is applesmbios.kext from paulicat and loginwindow from 10.4.7

10.4.7 work very smoth than 10.4.9/10 with 945G DVI, but some applicatiosn not work with this.

I had the same problem some time ago and found out finally (crash logs in console lead me to the solution) that I had to disable the automatic time synchronization in system preferences and I also disabled the clock in the menu bar - error never occurred anymore since then.

I brought this mobo yesterday and all is working fine but I can only use JaS 10.4.8, if I use 10.4.9/10.4.10 I just get a kernel panic. Tried enabling ACPI and switching some CPU setting around but no go, any ideas?(see specs in sig below)

QUOTE(ROXR @ Sep 26 2007, 11:26 AM)

I had the same problem some time ago and found out finally (crash logs in console lead me to the solution) that I had to disable the automatic time synchronization in system preferences and I also disabled the clock in the menu bar - error never occurred anymore since then.

If I try that with JaS 10.4.9 the machine goes to sleep, fans stop spinning, screen turns black and when I try to wake it up, fans start spinning but screen stays black. As described by others.

So is it "applesmbios.kext from paulicat and loginwindow from 10.4.7" that make the difference?

Is "applesmbios.kext from paulicat" part of a certain package I could look for "at the usual places"?

How can I find out which "loginwindow" (whatever that is) version I have installed? Can I change it to 10.4.7 with the JaS 10.4.8 install DVD or xxx 10.4.10?

cheers, pilsator

has anyone tried using the conroe1333's 1.50 bios update?

does it work?

i'm currently on 1.30 and it's working!!!

Yep and it wouldn't even load JaS 10.4.8 and rebooted, thats just booting off the dvd. All working fine on 1.30 with the 10.4.10 update tutorial.