ASrock Conroe945G-DVI

rkwok

843 posts in this topic

hi,

i did use the koolkal 10.4.10 combo updater, i checked gma950 , fix for ich8 , azalia audio and r1000 only unfortunately now my system hangs at blue screen (it seems that both screen are recognized correctly since i see blue color in both screens but now i see 2 blue screens with the little circle spinning forever ... dunno if it's a network problem , or an audio problem ... i am pretty sure it's not the graphics controller or i would haven't seen anything .

My system is : ASROCK conroe945g+e6600+2 gb ram+sata hd (dual boot wxp+osx... before i had 10.4.7 by jas running flawlessly).

Any clue what's happened ?

Thanks.

Mal

Hmm, in that case, and from what people have said reading around. I think I will wait a week or so for a more stable DVD to come out with kexts already there etc.

In the meantime I'm enjoying Leopard on my iMac and MacBook so I'll manage the wait.

darn, all i have is this hackintosh...guess i'll have to wait

Problem is solved. BrazilMAC solution with Conroe945G just works. After install you need to remove all *Natit* kexts from Extensions folder. GMA950 QE/CI, sound, network works just after install and post-install patching.

One question. Can Conroe 945G-DVI or Conroe1333DVI/H support full 4G memory under OSX?
no it can't. it's a hardware limitation of the 945 chipset, OS will only report the full 4gb but will only use 3.2gb something of that 4gb. the same goes if you're on WinXP/Vista 32/64.

Leo is working great on this board. CCloned flat-image install to a new partition hfs+ partition and booted.

Audio video lan all working without patches.

Fixes:

# Package 0 didn't get an HPET Problem - Delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from the extensions folder

# "unable to determine UUID for host. Error 35" - No solution yet (been reading and seems Apple related problem and not osx86, not sure)

Leo is working great on this board. CCloned flat-image install to a new partition hfs+ partition and booted.

Audio video lan all working without patches.

Fixes:

# Package 0 didn't get an HPET Problem - Delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext from the extensions folder

# "unable to determine UUID for host. Error 35" - No solution yet (been reading and seems Apple related problem and not osx86, not sure)

CClone should be run under OSX right? Any way to do it under Windows?

• 2 weeks later...
did anyone try the "Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard [ToH]-RC2 SSE3/SSE2 Intel Only" from the bay?

does it work without patching like the wiki says so?

Yes I tried it and yes it installed fine without patching. However, I did an upgrade from 10.4.7. Didn't test whether it would work with a fresh install on a blank partition. Good luck!

I installed ToH release clean on HD from the bay and it works... but only way to boot into it is with F8 and -f (guess something is wrong with extensions)... gma950 works fully but with ocassional tearing. My Pentium D 915 shows in system as 1 core proc but activity monitor shows two cores normaly. Ethernet works. My sound is external so don't know about onboard...

Feels snapier than Tiger :rolleyes:

is there any other driver other than th R1000 that works with the onboard lan on this board?

i've noticed that if i dont have the ethernet cable plugged into it, mac can't go past the startup apple screen

once in a while the computer also restarts itself, i've got a feeling it's because of the R1000 driver...not 100% sure though

Here's my setup:

Motherboard: Asrock ConRoe1333-D667 R1.0 Bios 1.30

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz

Memory: 2 X 1GB DDR2

HD: Seagate 500GB SATA

Jas Mac OS X 10.4.8; updated to 10.4.10 with koolkal

Almost everything worked perfect with this board, runs with the efi method and almost untouched kexts.

Did anyone have success with the soundcard with other methods than the azalia kext? I want more than one sound output, but the applehda patcher doesn't work for me.

Almost everything worked perfect with this board, runs with the efi method and almost untouched kexts.

hi there,

I have the same mobo and today I was trying to install the EFi bootloader but I run into some problem...

I would like to ask you:

Did you use EFI bootloader and vanilla Kernel + stock kext?

Did you upgrade to 10.5.1 straight from "Software update"

ciao

Davide

I used Brazilmac, but didnt do the Postpatching, I boot it via boot_v5, the only thing you need is the dsmos.kext, and probably natit etc.

Softwareupdate to 10.5.1 was no problem at all, install the update, reboot and everything works :)

(Ok, everything except sound)

Hi,

I also installed Leopard using the flat image on this board. Works great!

However, networking was a problem. I couldn't share iTunes over the network, couldn't see other computers on the network and iChat wouldn't see other bonjour users. But Safari worked flawless.

Solution was to install the R1000.kext from my Tiger install. Now networking behaves like it used to under Tiger.

Best,

Cat_7

ok i finally managed to find out why my computer kept crashing, turns out it isn't becuase of the lan driver

it's because of cs3, after i reinstalled everything, i've noticed that once i install master collection cs3 my system crashes

anyone have any luck with cs3 on their conroe1333?