ASrock Conroe945G-DVI

rkwok

843 posts in this topic

I tried this morning with Jas 10.4.6, ODD on IDE master, 250GB WD SATA2 on SATA of ICH7, installed 10.4.6 without a glitch. Video works right out of the box, sound need the azalia as usual, also need to change device id to 888 from 880. Still trying to firgure out to get the PCIE 8168 to work. But overall very easy to install. Oh, the CPU i used was Core2Duo E6400, and both core works. :poster_oops: I am happy. just want to share the experience! cheers.

I tried this morning with Jas 10.4.6, ODD on IDE master, 250GB WD SATA2 on SATA of ICH7, installed 10.4.6 without a glitch. Video works right out of the box, sound need the azalia as usual, also need to change device id to 888 from 880. Still trying to firgure out to get the PCIE 8168 to work. But overall very easy to install. Oh, the CPU i used was Core2Duo E6400, and both core works. ;) I am happy. just want to share the experience! cheers.

Glad to hear that. I've got one on order.

Pretty cool, to bad I can't seem to find this in online stores in America.

That's true. eWIZ.com had on sale past weekend and must have been sold out, but I'm sure within days other

online stores will have it in bulks.

A BIOS upgrade is insufficient, the mobo hardware needs modifications for Conroe compatibility.

If this is a 945 Chipset what do you think the chances are of a firmware upgrade to the actual Intel 945 mobos to support the Conroe?

If this is a 945 Chipset what do you think the chances are of a firmware upgrade to the actual Intel 945 mobos to support the Conroe?

Yes. It is intel 945 chipset. I know what u r thinking but u need additional hardware components on mobo to support conroe.

@rkwok:

did the azalia-edits like in the guide at

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=18642

but this didnt enable audio on my Conroe945-DVI. Also changing the line where it says ...VendorID from ..0882 to 0888 didnt help. how did you exactly enable audio, can uplease explain?

well, guess ethernet aint working yet.

other than that i must admit this motherboard works well, really nice having qe&ci :)

cheerio

actually, i just deleted applehda.kext and then edit the Info.plist in azaliaaudio.kext, save it and then put it in the extension folder, afterward Clean up the system:

* sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

* kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/

that's it and the sound works.

and i tried it last night at home, just replace the mobo from P5LD2-VM DH to Conroe945G-DVI and everything works except the OB NIC, sound works without any tempering as well.

got my problem:

all Conroe945-DVI users please check that the onboard sound is on ENABLED (not auto) if you have another soundcard in your pc, like i do. Auto obviously means me will NOT enable onboard sound if you already have a soundcard runnin. Nice feature :D but u have to think of it :)

what about LAN, anyone tried the proposed

http://www.pinxue.net/mac/viarhine.html

?

cheerio

Oh well, if you think of it that way, what can I say :angel:

originally i was only making the point of easy installation with sata drive :(

To nicedog:

after the initial reboot, I went to display perference, and the selction was from 640*480 to 20**x10** something, but then I only use a 15" LCD, so I am stuck at 1024 anyway and afterward all the others disappear.

Hi guys.

I also want to buy this boad.

I want to ask some questions:

1. Why do you use JaS patched version? Can't you just install pure clean official Apple version? You dont need any patch IMO if you have SSE3 intel processor and 945G chipset.

2. Does GMA950 handle 1920x1200 (23") with that ADD2 DVI card?

3. what is PCIE 8168?

Thanks

Hi guys.

I also want to buy this boad.

I want to ask some questions:

1. Why do you use JaS patched version? Can't you just install pure clean official Apple version? You dont need any patch IMO if you have SSE3 intel processor and 945G chipset.

2. Does GMA950 handle 1920x1200 (23") with that ADD2 DVI card?

3. what is PCIE 8168?

Thanks

1. according to what i have learned in this forum, u can't use the official DVD, it won't work. you might want to do some research as well.

2. I am only using d-sub connector, and my monitor do not have DVI, so I don't know if it work or not, will try during weekend, have to steal my daughter's monitor for testing.

3. PCI express onboard network card which use realtek 8168 chipset.

:)

:) booo you implied it all works with some setting up, but then you say the NIC doesn't work :)

Please re-read his first post. He said he had issues with NIC.

This is a new board from ASRock. He is testing the virgin board and reporting results back to us. I do appreciate that.

I am also very interested in this motherboard! I'm so glad you are posting your experience. I hope you can get the LAN to work, and then it's golden! A not so optimal solution (as suggested in another thread) is to get a USB wifi dongle supported by OS X. Any suggestions?

I was also wondering how well the board overclocks. Have you been able to install windows and try to overclock your E6400? Overclockers workbench did a review and they couldn't make it over 300mhz FSB. I would really appreciated if you could post overlocking results.

Thanks!

actually if you set the pcie to sync and adjust the FSB, u can go over 300. and they already posted the result yesterday. as for myself, i do not overclock. :whistle:

I am also very interested in this motherboard! I'm so glad you are posting your experience. I hope you can get the LAN to work, and then it's golden! A not so optimal solution (as suggested in another thread) is to get a USB wifi dongle supported by OS X. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Dlink DWL-G122 H/W Version:B1 I have this one. Manufacturer supports OSX 10.4 driver.

Also, a dirt cheap PCI Nic card, $3.99 at newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16833338001

I would get this one if u don't already have an usb wifi dongle.

It is supported by OSX according to hardware compatibilty wiki.

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...etworking_Cards

actually if you set the pcie to sync and adjust the FSB, u can go over 300. and they already posted the result yesterday. as for myself, i do not overclock. :D

A little risk adverse aren't we! :D

Actually do you have a link to that? I can see to find their updated overclocking results.

Has anyone else who has this motherboard tried overclocking? I'm really curious about the results....

Thanks!

put it this way, i worked with them everyday, i know how to treat them to make life easier for myself and my department, if you know what i mean. :whistle::dev:

I wished I knew how to treat my ex-wife the same way i do with mobo, then she wouldn't be ex at all. :compress: