ASrock Conroe945G-DVI

rkwok

843 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've been using that MB for quite a few month, basing on all experiences found here, it's just great. :)

Now, I'm trying to recycle an IDE HD, through an Abit IDE/SATA adapter (Abit), as my IDE are already both in use (DVD + 1st IDE HD).

But when I connect everything I cannot go through 1st display of the BIOS: the black screen shows detecting everything (ie DVD + 1 SATA HD + 2 IDE HD), but won't go any further. No access to BIOS config or boot.... I've tried all 4 SATA connectors with no success.

In this post, it seems fine for everyone, but different MB ?

I'm guessing BIOS SATA/IDE settings, but I can't figure how ? :)

Anyone would know ?

Thanks a lot,

O.

finally, i board this board, excellent! :thumbsup_anim:

i only have p4 (506) 2.66G on hand, ddr2 667 run at 533, because of that cpu fsb is 533.

no problem, i will buy E6300 soon, and add 1G ram to it (total 2G).

something surprise me is......onboard display GMA950 can recognize my EIZO S1910 monitor internal profile,

just like normal macintosh?love this very much, because i am concern about color management.......

no worry now :whistle:

Hi

Updated my Asrock conroe945-DVI to 10.4.9 with koolkal 10.4.9 combo update intel sse3 8.9.1 & 8

default settings, Kernel 8.9.1, and worked just fine, just added the fsb=290 in my case and all the faster graphics returned to normal.

I can notice some performance gain, great update

Thanks everyone

Hi

Updated my Asrock conroe945-DVI to 10.4.9 with koolkal 10.4.9 combo update intel sse3 8.9.1 & 8

default settings, Kernel 8.9.1, and worked just fine, just added the fsb=290 in my case and all the faster graphics returned to normal.

I can notice some performance gain, great update

Thanks everyone

Hi,

I did the same two days ago but returned to 10.4.8 yesterday:

1) FSB=266 lead to a restart request directly after everthing seemed to be loaded fine. Even 233 did not work. With fsb=200 I got a Core Duo running at 1.4 GHz (mine is 1.86 GHz E6300).

2) System time was running fast - Up to two times faster than normal. This was inacceptable for my work.

What processor do you use? And does the system time run faster on your system too?

/JL

Hi

I have a 1.86 GHz E6300 running with an 290 FSB, 2.04 GHz

I checked the system time and looks fine.

I noticed the graphics were a bit faster than normal after i rebooted from the update

and then i changed the FSB to 290. Just after that the graphics returned to the normal speed

even while loading the system.

The only thing i got was aperture asked me to re-enter the serial number

Even sound recording looks fine in timing sense

Hi all,

jus installed JaS 10.4.9 Combo and everything working fine But .... I found 1 problem

the eject button on keyboard doesn't work .... like it doesn't exit, when I press it nothing on the screen

But sure I can eject the tray by using eject button on the optical drive .... but not the button on my keyboard

Any advice ?

Did you press it a bit longer? The people at Apple did not want to eject CDs accidentiallly, so they prolonged the time to press that button. (I wonder who needed that...)

/JL

Aha .....

It's working .... Thanks JL,

What a shame for me :P

finally, i board this board, excellent! :P

i only have p4 (506) 2.66G on hand, ddr2 667 run at 533, because of that cpu fsb is 533.

no problem, i will buy E6300 soon, and add 1G ram to it (total 2G).

something surprise me is......onboard display GMA950 can recognize my EIZO S1910 monitor internal profile,

just like normal macintosh?love this very much, because i am concern about color management.......

no worry now ;)

What do you mean by "internal profile"? There are no "internal" profiles as far as I know, Mac OS X have a lot of profiles in the installation, from hardware/monitor vendors.

When I try to boot from different JaS 10.4.8 DVDs I always get the error message "com.apple.Boot.plist cannot be found". Is it perhaps because it's a SATA DVD writer (Samsung) and MacOS can only handle PATA drives?

Maybe this has been already discussed but it's such a long thread, so sorry for asking stupid questions.

The comp is based on the ASRock945D-DVI board, 2 GB RAM by transcend.

thanks, pilsator

I'm attempting to build my first hackintosh using the Asrock conroe945g. So far I haven't been able to get past some initial "still waiting for root device" problems.

In previous posts I have read that Sailfish has put together a detailed guide for installing on this board. I've searched to see if the guide is posted somewhere else on the board, so if I have missed it i would definitely appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction. I have PMd Sailfish, though its been a couple of days since he's been on, so I figured I would try to see if anyone else in the community would be able to help in the meantime.

I realize there is probably some BIOS setting or something similar that is the issue here, so perhaps someone has tips on that, especially settings in the 'IDE Configuration' menu? I am running v1.6 of the BIOS and the following hardware

- e6600 chip

- Western Digital 500gb SATA 300 HD

- Samsung writemaster DVD

Hopefully this question isn't the millionth one like it that you guys have recieved. If i can get this working with your help, I will definitely be there for other newbies in the future.

Thanks

- Zahid

What do you mean by "internal profile"? There are no "internal" profiles as far as I know, Mac OS X have a lot of profiles in the installation, from hardware/monitor vendors.

i have try some lcd monitor on my other normal macintosh, include eizo, philips & LG 42" plasma TV,

they recognize by mac os x and show their name in the Display Preference profile list,

the attach file is showing when my eizo S1910 monitor, connnect to mac mini,

no need to install any addition software or profile, the profile form automactically.

So, i think mac os can see the "internal profile" of monitor?when monitor connect to it have that (ie "internal profile).

May be my wording is not technical correct, but i think it happen similar in that way :)

When mac can recognize that profile, color is quite accurate, may not need to use other hareware calibration tools.....

My ASrock Conroe945G-DVI 945 internal display card gma950 connect to S1910 (my mon la)?

this happen like my mac mini and other macintosh! GREAT!

But not happen on my other pc mb onboard display card & pcie display card, eg. intel D101GGC MB & X550 display card,

they see nothing when connect :)

ps: i will test today, calibrate when monitor connect to gma950 & x550......

post-88229-1175351453_thumb.gif

neofung: Yes, I understand now.

Mac OS X have a lot of profiles on the install disc, almost for every modern LCD monitor. It works automatically. That's good, of course, optimized for sRGB. Software calibration works fine too, in Mac OS X (but remember to check "Expert settings") But still far from great :unsure: I've calibrated my monitor with Monaco Optix and the difference is huge.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been frustrated with a problem for a while now, and I'm getting REALLY fed up with it.

Conroe 945G-DVI board.

E6300

3GB RAM -2x1GB, 2x512MB.

250GB Western Digital HD -> SATA -> Boot drive

250GB Western Digital HD -> IDE -> Movies and iTunes library

Sony DVD-RW drive

Via Firewire Controller

System locks up randomly. Thought it was Growl. Uninstalled. Thought it was SoftRAID. Unistalled. Thought it was the SATA controller. Installed on IDE. Same deal. Thought it was memory. Memtested. Fine. Thought it was power supply. Pulled. Thought processor was running hot. Removed fan, Artic Silvered the CPU. Same temp. Temp Monitor in OS X isn't reading temperature right. BIOS temp: 38C. Temp Monitor (and others), 60C. Other threads point to this board not displaying temp right. C'est La vie. System can run for a day or 10 minutes. Doesn't matter. Seems to be when high-memory usage is in play, or, not at all. Tried different memory configurations. (1GB w/ 2 512s, 2GB w/ 2 1GBs). No difference. Still locks up. Tried idlehalt=0. Tried cpus=1.

XP/Vista work. Without issue.

I'm going out of my mind. That was just a recap of everything I've done so far. There could be other things I've tried i'm not thinking of. Please someone have a word of advice that I've not thought of. I've scowered the forums for answers, and nothing. Seems like when people have this problem, they get ignored. I hope this isn't the case, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for any advice.

G.

• 2 weeks later...

If u r having a problem, RMA the MB. I did and the new one fixed everything.

Also, for those who are trying to upgrade to 10.4.9, heres what worked for me:

Did the upgrade using the 10.4.9 delta updater using the same kernal (see the stickie at the beginning of the forum). Then had to rerun the GMA950 installer for the 10.4.8 Jas install. Deleted to appleaudio ext to get sound back. Then copied the new kernel from irc channgel. Then did the latest security updater. All works!

Hallo all.

I have a problem, I bought from ebay a Sparkle 7600gs vga, and it's been two night tring to get it to work. The problem is that it looks like that the motherboard doesn't recognize it and the monitor doesn't get any signal from it. If i try to boot hooking the monitor to the onboard VGA, Os X hangs just before loading the desktop.

I have set the BIOS to:

PCIE as first adapter, and set Auto the internal graphics mode

Do you think the 7600gs may be death?

Any clue?

ciao

Davide

Hi.

I'm just wondering if someone can help me out.

I've been running a JaS 10.4.7 on this Asrock Conroe board for months now with zero problems. A few days ago I bought a second SATA II drive (WD 250gb) so I can clone my system drive to the second drive, make it bootable and experiment with upgrades etc without endangering my stable system. I've always done this with genuine apple computers via SuperDuper.

Well, after a lot of thread reading and trying out various suggestions (I'm no terminal wiz but managed to follow the instructions correctly I think) with absolutely no success I decided to just do a fresh install on the new drive and migrate everything across. I understand that Clonetool Hatchery might be the easiest way to do this cloning and it only works with 10.4.8 and above. I tried it with my 10.4.7 install with no luck.

So, I've downloaded this install DVD:

JaS.Mac.OS.X.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.PPF.1.Defiant.diskutil.biker880.ich7-R.patch.Integrated

Now after installing and rebooting I get an immediate kernel panic after the darwin bootloader finishes it's thing. I noticed a post a few pages back where someone suggested they solved a similar sounding problem by disabling USB legacy support, but I didn't notice any option for this in the install packages list. All I've selected are the Intel SSE3 kernel option, the GMA 950 option (not the 900), and biker880 ich7 patch and that's it.

I don't have any extra video cards installed. Just an ADS tech firewire card and a Metric Halo ULN-2 firewire audio interface attached to it (both of which work fine on my 10.4.7 install) and that's it.

So I guess I'm hoping someone can either give me tips on how to do a good install of 10.4.8 or suggest how I can make a cloned system drive bootable so I can try and manually update my working 10.4.7 install safely.

My system is:

Asrock Conroe 945G-DVI

E6600 C2D

ADS tech firewire

Dual monitors with the provided DVI riser card

250 Western Digital 8mb cache drive (with JaS 10.4.7 installed)

Second 250Gb Western Digital 16mb cache drive

Thanks in advance.

Bill.

Pioneer 111-d burner.

edit: It just occurred to me that there have been some reports of the FSB speed default for 10.4.8 installs changing. Could this have something to do with the immediate kernel panic?