ASrock Conroe945G-DVI

rkwok

843 posts in this topic

No serious problems with 10.5.1 (see signature). But the machine won't sleep. The mouse pointer disappears, hds stop spinning, that's all. With patched 10.4.9 it sleeps but doesn't wake up completely. I thought that would be history with a stock kernel. I also tried to plug in in an Apple keyboard and mouse instead of the MS keyboard/mouse I usually use. Didn't make a difference.

where did you get the ich7-r package, what cd did you use

XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel, rev 1.0

found on "the bay" aka "TPB". I like conspiracy and they hang you if you get more explicit. You might also find it "at a certain mini site" and you can also use version 10.4.10 (including PPFs 1 & 2) if you don't need pc_efi and a stock kernel.

Got iATKOS working pretty flawlessly on my 945g-dvi, everything works (haven't tested sleep, but it's not a problem) apart from sound, output only and stereo only. Is there any progress on getting working it fully, using taruga patcher or other method?

Hi,

normally it is running on SATA drives without problems. If you do not see a hard disk in the installation window, run disk manager utility first to create a HPFS partition. When you return to the installatgion program you should see the partition.

The xxx 10.4.10 contains lots of drivers. I checked that it runs on almost every Intel system I own.

Regards and a happy Xmas to all

JL

Got iATKOS working pretty flawlessly on my 945g-dvi, everything works (haven't tested sleep, but it's not a problem) apart from sound, output only and stereo only. Is there any progress on getting working it fully, using taruga patcher or other method?

What packages did you use? Is it an EFI install? Did you use MBR or GUID? I'm thinking about giving it a try and would like some pointers to avoid boot-n-reload-n-boot-n-reload!

Thanks!

-Dan

Is it possible install OSX in a SATA HDD?

If YES, Does any one knows any guide or something with some hints to install 10.4.10 in a SATA HDD ???

I Really need. would REALLY apreciate!!! ;)

Best Wishes n MERRY XMAS evryone!!!

Kanan

I recommend the disc mentioned in post #805. You can find it with google. It has excellent hardware support and comes with a howto. You just have to install a package with your native language afterwards - from any other install dvd.

good luck, pilsator

What packages did you use? Is it an EFI install? Did you use MBR or GUID? I'm thinking about giving it a try and would like some pointers to avoid boot-n-reload-n-boot-n-reload!

Thanks!

-Dan

Off the top of my head:

- create an empty partition and flag it as 'boot' (iATKOS needs slightly more than 5GB) using gparted livecd. I used the MBR system, the drive already had windows partitions on it

- once the iATKOS DVD has booted, use Disk Utility to create the HFS+ partition you will install into

- use the Darwin Boot utility to install the EFI bootloader

- proceed to the actual install. the configuration that ended up working for me was selecting ONLY:

- base system

- EFI

- ntfs filesystem support (optional)

no speedstep, keep the original smbios kext, no gfx drivers, no additional lan drivers.

Everything should work out of the box, apart from stereo output only sound, as usual. Integrated GMA950 works without any fiddling. In order to get my Geforce 7900GS to support QE/CI, I had to manually install the latest Leo NVinject - 1.17

On my first install I chose both the nvidia and intel drivers, and the netkas smbios extension. QE/CI didn't work with either card, and the hacked smbios gave a wrong cpu speed reading. What worked for me was not installing any of these, and only adding a newer version of NVinject afterwards.

It should be pretty much it. Good luck :P

Now, if only we could get full functionality from the ALC888 I'd be in heaven.

Hi,

normally it is running on SATA drives without problems. If you do not see a hard disk in the installation window, run disk manager utility first to create a HPFS partition. When you return to the installatgion program you should see the partition.

The xxx 10.4.10 contains lots of drivers. I checked that it runs on almost every Intel system I own.

Regards and a happy Xmas to all

JL

Hello Jean. Thanks for the reply

I did the job with Acronis. Formated one of the HD in FAT32 created first and logical partition. The system suppouse to be recognazing the action.

Could be related to Acronis? Should i try disk manager?

''The xxx 10.4.10 contains lots of drivers. I checked that it runs on almost every Intel system I own.''

That sounds good!!! :)

Have a nice one fellow

Kanan

I recommend the disc mentioned in post #805. You can find it with google. It has excellent hardware support and comes with a howto. You just have to install a package with your native language afterwards - from any other install dvd.

good luck, pilsator

Thanks for reply mate!

I started download XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel, rev 1.0

i have the 10.4.10 ,do i really have to install a package from this dvd? wich leanguage comes this uphuck?

if i have to, give some hints how to do it.

all the best !!!

Kanan

Thanks for reply mate!

I started download XxX_OS_x86_10.4.11_Install_Disc_Intel, rev 1.0

i have the 10.4.10 ,do i really have to install a package from this dvd? wich leanguage comes this uphuck?

if i have to, give some hints how to do it.

all the best !!!

Kanan

If you already have the 10.4.10 version and don't need a stock kernel with pc_efi, then you don't need the 10.4.11 version. It's just 10.4.10 plus an update option. The 10.4.10 might be less confusing as you can't screw a working MBR install with it.

Both installs just support english language. If you want to install another language grab a language pack from another install dvd (JaS for example). You find the language packages in system/library..anywhere I don't know now, just browse the dvd.

I install by trial and error, so you will make it too.

I just found out that the kalyway 10.5.1 dvd works excellent for the Asrock 945DVI board. You just have to install pc_efi/guid manually and uncheck the efi-option in the installer.

But the XxX 10.4.10 or 11 sure is a good choice (btw. it's not made by the great uphuck as much as I know).

good luck, pilsator

anyone got kalway to work?i've got it to install but nothin happens afterwards? It says installation succesful but then just hangs after postcan someone post their bios settings? i've tried with acronis so i can dual boot
I installed it (using the usual darwin bootloader). But now I failed some times to install it again on another hd. As I read in another thread and can confirm you should install pc_efi manually and then uncheck the pc_efi-option in the kalyway installer.My theorie about the difference between my successful and not successful installs actually is, that it worked when I formatted the hd with the disk utility from 10.4.11 and did not work when I used the one from 10.5.1. I'll check that out.

Btw. if anybody knows how to fix a screwed MBR - please take a look at this thread.

Concerning the bios-settings I quote netkas:

Typical problems with PC EFI

I installed PC EFI, i use vanilla kernel, but after kexts loaded, it reboots, why?(I have c2d, intel-based mobo)

Check No Executable status in bios (NX/XD) it should be enabled to make vanilla kernel works, also cpuid limit should be disabled.(and hpet should be enabled, if such option exists)

I've got a sound problem with my ASrock Conroe 945-DVI and XxX 10.4.10.

The sound works on initial boot. But then doesn't on the next reboot. I can get sound to work again by deleting the extensions cache (Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache), and rebooting.

Anybody have this problem, and find a better fix?

I've got a sound problem with my ASrock Conroe 945-DVI and XxX 10.4.10.

The sound works on initial boot. But then doesn't on the next reboot. I can get sound to work again by deleting the extensions cache (Extensions.mkext and Extensions.kextcache), and rebooting.

Anybody have this problem, and find a better fix?

I have the same board and it works like a charm. The only issue is that the sound only works when you add the AppleAzalia.kext, and AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext to get the video to work. As for your sound check your bios setting to make sure that its set to "Enabled" and not to "Auto". AppleAzalia.kext is the only thing that will work with your sound card. Its an ALC888 but the Taruga method doesn't work cause when you boot up a live disc like ubuntu you will notice that it uses Intel-HDA module, but playback and capture are OSS with ALC883 module, something that I think OS X cannot do. This is why when you install windows on this mobo you need to install the software that comes bundled with the sound driver cause the driver alone doesn't work.

I installed it (using the usual darwin bootloader). But now I failed some times to install it again on another hd. As I read in another thread and can confirm you should install pc_efi manually and then uncheck the pc_efi-option in the kalyway installer.My theorie about the difference between my successful and not successful installs actually is, that it worked when I formatted the hd with the disk utility from 10.4.11 and did not work when I used the one from 10.5.1. I'll check that out.

Btw. if anybody knows how to fix a screwed MBR - please take a look at this thread.

Concerning the bios-settings I quote netkas:

Typical problems with PC EFI

I installed PC EFI, i use vanilla kernel, but after kexts loaded, it reboots, why?(I have c2d, intel-based mobo)

Check No Executable status in bios (NX/XD) it should be enabled to make vanilla kernel works, also cpuid limit should be disabled.(and hpet should be enabled, if such option exists)

ok, did as you told me and this time i see the darwin boot screen to select windows or mac screen but if it boots into the mac, the computer would reboot

i've put enabled for NX/XD

any idea why it's rebooting....i actually thought it was going to work when i saw the darwin boot screen but it didn't :)

did you select both the vanilla kernal & ACPI_fix?

i've noticed that DUNE said on this kalway thread that you need ACIP 2.0 Support: Enabled

ACPIAPIC: enabled

but we don't have those settings on our board in the bios

As much as I remember I installed choosing vanilla with the ACPI patch and it worked (I just get error messages when repairing permissions and some artefacts on the display sometimes - but that's not annoying). But don't ask me why I now can't install Leopard on a USB drive. I tried formatting the hd with different disk utility apps, installed with and without vanilla/ACPI fix - reboot always end up in a kernel panic.

I am booting the vanilla 9B18 Kernel and I am using pc_efi v3. I don't use the new ones cause they just don't work, at least for me. V7-8 only make my computer reboot. Make sure that dsmos.kext is installed in your Extensions folder to make the vanilla kernel work. This board is almost as perfect as you can get to a Mac. Video is the same 27728086 but for some reason (EFI Firmware I believe) it fails to match your onboard graphics, you get this error "IOPCIPrimaryMatch failed". HPET causes problems too but I think dsmos solves that, and the sound, well thats AppleHDA.kext along with something else. In Ubuntu its Intel-HDA module along with alc883 capture and playback.

In my whole install I have only installed three kext files:

AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, dsmos.kext, and AppleSMBios.kext from BrazilMac. After that I haven't removed AppleEFIRuntime.kext or anything else, I don't need to and the system boots and runs fine. For video I pass the "Graphics Mode" option to the kernel, but I think I will used the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext cause I think that just using Graphics Mode option might wreck my LCD. Not that I will complain, I want a reason to but a new one.

i've finally managed to install iATKOS after several tries...pretty much only installed Leopard, didn't install EFI....computer won't boot if i installed EFI

didn't install any extra programs/kext either...didn't really test anything else.....i've decided to go back to my trusty tiger ;)

also I had to use the disk utitlity from my Jas 10.4.8 disk to to format my HD, otherwise it wouldn't boot

couldn't get kalway to work at all