ASrock Conroe945G-DVI

rkwok

843 posts in this topic

most of the time, sleep can work on Intel 945G if you set your BIOS to S1 and not S3. S3 will sleep, but won't wake from sleep (so it's useless :tomato: )

S1 sleep isn't really sleep, however - it pretty much just shuts off the display (circuitry?), but keeps everything powered on. S3 sleep is the "real" sleep that will actually save you $$$ on your power bill.

-Dan

guys i brought the same motherboard

and i have 10.4.7 jas dvd

i dont have the 10.4.8 one( i cant downloads from torrents)

im noob to this stuff

what i want to ask is how can i upgrade to 10.4.8

how to upgrade to latest kernel(searched forum but could not find)

how to get audio working

how to install graphics drivers????(the dvd has gma900 not gma950)

my config are :

intel core2duo@2.13

this mother board

1 gb ram

1. JaS 10.4.8 Combo Update (There are 4 current ones depending on AMD/Intel and SSE2/SSE3) see the Demon.

2. Semthex Kernel.... http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=33039 (look for script)

3. Audio...

A) Delete AppleHDA.kext * Located in System/Library/Extensions

:star_smile: Edit AppleAzaliaAudio.kext:

Locate: /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext Drag AppleAzaliaAudio.kext to the desktop: Search for: <key>IOHDAudioCodecVendorID</key> Look in: System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist Change the string to: <string>0x10ec0888</string> Locate: System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist Search for: <key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key> Change the string to: <string>0x27d88086</string> 5) sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext 6) sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext 7) sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext 8) Delete 2 Files in System/Library > Extensions.kextcache & Extensions.mkext 9) Reboot > Fixed

4. On install don't check any graphics options. On 10..4.8 you can install 950 graphics post install from the cd.

hey sailfish i want to know whether im correct or not

first i will install the 10.4.7 dvd i have without selecting the gma900 patch

then apply combo update

ugrade kernel

i didnt get the 4th statement........ i dont have the 10.4.8dvd

I know S1 is not full sleep, however, it stops display and HDs so it is still better than nothing...

to Avenger,

the paulicat method explains how to update to 10.4.8 with official Apple Combo update.

I did it once and it worked great (this way you're sure to get the latest kexts and apps. However, depending on the hardware you have, it could also create issues. You have to backup every custom axtension you are using, and copy them back in your extensions directory (and repair permissions) before you reboot.

I know that this motherboard would wake from sleep when I was using the onboard VGA. I have since switched to a GF 6200 PCI card and the machine no-longer wakes fully. The hard drives and fans spin up, but the displays remain blank. I have tried both STR options but it makes no difference. Other than breaking the sleep function the 6200 is working well.

Many GeForce 6200, even in windows have wake from sleep issues (just like flashed 6200 for PPC macs) I think this is related to cheap components on these cards...

Also, Natit/Titan seems to freeze when trying to wake from sleep with an NVIDIA card.

Edited by gotoh

Thanks to Ritalin and Sailfish for the pointers on sound (that looks a lot more straight forward than I imagined, the directions clearly spelled out for noobs) but what I was really looking for was a line by line how to on getting the high definition sound working. As a stopgap I will give the former a go now :D Is there a similar line by line guide to getting the network card up and running. Someone gave me a link to a zip with a lot of files in it but I couldn't find any instructions on what to put where.

hey sailfish i want to know whether im correct or not

first i will install the 10.4.7 dvd i have without selecting the gma900 patch

then apply combo update

ugrade kernel

i didnt get the 4th statement........ i dont have the 10.4.8dvd

Don't check any graphics options in the customize section during the installation. Post Installation, if you need to:

Put JaS 10.4.x Install CD in drive and navigate to System> Installation > Packages. Look for the JaS 10.4.x.GMA950.Support.pkg. Double click it and intall it. Done.

Thanks to Ritalin and Sailfish for the pointers on sound (that looks a lot more straight forward than I imagined, the directions clearly spelled out for noobs) but what I was really looking for was a line by line how to on getting the high definition sound working. As a stopgap I will give the former a go now ;) Is there a similar line by line guide to getting the network card up and running. Someone gave me a link to a zip with a lot of files in it but I couldn't find any instructions on what to put where.

The onboard LAN is easier than the sound to get working. Download and install this package then reboot.

Hi Ritalin, thanks for that but unless that package has been updated in the last week, I never got it to work - I get five minutes time online and then, as with a lot of 945G-DVI users I get kernal panic, the computer freezes with a message on screen telling me I need to restart the computer. People with that problem were directed to download from the link of post number 147, here-

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...9436&st=140

but I'm lost as to where to put all of the files that it contains.

I even went out and bought card from D-Link but it turned out to be one that doesn't work 'out of the box'. It didn't matter because I needed it for an old computer but... a pity.

Edited by Detosx

Hi Ritalin, thanks for that but unless that package has been updated in the last week, I never got it to work - I get five minutes time online and then, as with a lot of 945G-DVI users I get kernal panic, the computer freezes with a message on screen telling me I need to restart the computer.

That's odd, it's never done it with me. I mainly use a wi-fi connection so maybe i just haven't use the wired connection long enough to see the fault. I will give it a try.

People with that problem were directed to download from the link of post number 147, here-

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...9436&st=140

but I'm lost as to where to put all of the files that it contains.

You don't need to put the files any where. AFAIK Thats the source code for the kext. All you need is the compiled RealtekR1000.kext thats in the RealtekR1000/build/Release folder. Copy it to /System/Library/Extensions and then fix permissions.

Hi ritalin, thank you for setting me straight, that worked, though not at first. I will link this page to another where others were having trouble figuring out what to do with the files in that compressed folder.

Initially something was wrong though, even after repair permissions and rebooting and unplugging and re-plugging the cable modem in, said modem was not seen as being present or detected, though the Asrock's Ethernet card was now seen as being present. I had saved daemones' excellent network card thread on another computer and transferred that saved page to the Hackintosh via USB2. Clicking on that saved webpage kick started the modem into talking and I'm now typing this. For those new to OS X the thing you do to connect to the internut is click on the Safari compas icon in the dock at the bottom of the screen which starts up a web browers. If need be you follow the easy prompts to connect.

For complete noobs, here is what I did. I downloaded the aforementioned RealtekR1000.kext, unpacked it on the desktop.

I then went up to Finder, clicked on Go and then clicked on Utilities and then clicked on Terminal

In the terminal window I typed sudo -s and then pressed enter

I was asked for my password which I then typed in and pressed enter

I then typed cp -R (and then drag and dropped the RealtekR1000.kext onto the terminal window and removed the / at the end, then typed) /System/Library/Extensions

then press enter.

Provided you have put the spaces in the right places you won't get an error message or anything indeed to tell you that what you did worked, though you can confirm it by clicking on your hard drive icon, then clicking on System, then clicking on Library, then clicking on Extensions and checking that the RealtekR1000.kext is there.

Now reboot. I find it's neccessary with the blueyonder cable modem down at my stepfather's house to disconnect it from the mains fully for about thirty seconds or the computer you connect it to won't see it or automatically set up the right settings.

Fun and games and waaaay too many words. Hope my tentative first steps into territories new helps some strays. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Detosx

Thanks to Ritalin and Sailfish for the pointers on sound (that looks a lot more straight forward than I imagined, the directions clearly spelled out for noobs) but what I was really looking for was a line by line how to on getting the high definition sound working. As a stopgap I will give the former a go now :thumbsup_anim: Is there a similar line by line guide to getting the network card up and running. Someone gave me a link to a zip with a lot of files in it but I couldn't find any instructions on what to put where.

Going with the sound fix that targets the HDA kext appears much more complicated... I was interested in giving it a shot but the only upside for me is that the sound would be "stronger" requiring less volume for the same result... The ports match up and I have no need for a mic...Sooo... It's way on the back burner here. I have my iSight hooked in via a PCI firewire card and the sound from that has been perfect.

BTW, does anyone have AppleHDA working on this board? I discovered, that for HDA there is no any difference what version of ICH controller do you have. If you look to the inf files of Realtek windows driver you will find, that driver has some special fixes for different subvendor and subdevice id (same as rtlpacth from ALSA HDA driver). Simply codec may has different GPIO pins configuration (thats why ALC888 solution for AppleHDA works on some boards, and doesn't work for others). There is no any special preset for ASRock subvendor neither in Windows nor in Alsa driver. ALC888 on our board works like generic ALC883 codec, so we must try to mix kext from ALC888 installer and Info.plist (node ID and so on) from ALC883 kext.

Do not use Neo installer for onboard LAN, it contains old version of driver, that may crash on some configs, look to the official thread.
Hi DaemonES, I am very impressed by the amount of energy and commitment you are putting into this. The Asrock seems to be the most used Hackintosh board. I was so pleased about having Ethernet working that I pretty much forgot to go to bed. I kept expecting the equivilent of the old MS blue window of doom, which is to say the you must reboot message and screen freeze.

Going with the sound fix that targets the HDA kext appears much more complicated... I was interested in giving it a shot but the only upside for me is that the sound would be "stronger" requiring less volume for the same result... The ports match up and I have no need for a mic...Sooo... It's way on the back burner here. I have my iSight hooked in via a PCI firewire card and the sound from that has been perfect.
Someone IMed me to say the new USB soundcard from Creative - called the Creative x-mod, £54 -works with the Hackintosh (actually I only saw the message briefly, it might have said that it worked with their macbook, though even that is progress from Creative; their much praised audigy usb card was a no go for Mac users), which if true is hugely exciting to me. Can you tell me what brand and model number of PCI Firewire card you bought. iSight sound interesting, I need to read up on it. Mic would be extremely useful to me. Edited by Detosx

hey guys i just installed jas 10.4.7 after so many trials i finall got succed:)

after i installed the ethernet drivers from

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=29436

i got the following error

"your system need to be turned off hold the shutdown button......" or some thing similar

it appears in 4 different languages ....... it apears after sometime the system starts and then the system freezes

working fine when i uninstall the driver

my mobo is asrock conroe945-dvi

i had jas 10.4.7 dvd

SOLVED THE PROBLEM :rolleyes: ......... thanx to DaemonES ...............

i just ran the x bench score......... it is 94

iws it good????/

my specs:

core2duo E6400 @ 2.13

asrock conroe945 motherboard

igb ram

running jas 10.4.7 (no 10.4.8 update or any kernel update)

Edited by avenger

Is it Xbench result with HardDrive test or without it ? or maybe just CPU test ?

Without HardDrive test, I'm getting 115Pts with P4D820 (which should get better results than any core 2 duo)

try geekbench

www.geekpatrol.ca/geekbench/

64 bit version might not work but you should get more than 193Pts with 32bit version...