10.6.5 update available in Software Update

marionez

294 posts in this topic

Upgrade GA EP35 DS3L running Chameleon RC2 / Vanilla SL from 10.6.4 to 10.6.5

- Wifi does not work (Broadcom 4320 chipset PCI board). Try to replace with 10.6.4 IO80211Family.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext but still doesn't work - Not sure I want to try to replace the Apple80211.framework

- No audio - (even after replacing AppleHDA.kext the one which makes audio works again when I upgrade to 10.6.3 and to 10.6.4)

- USB hard disk are not mounting anymore (was able to fix this one using 10.6.4 IOUSBMassStorage)

Painful upgrade ... will probably be back to 10.6.4

still no luck with my Airport card. I did

try all things mentioned above but no

luck, still no. card installed message.

looks like i need to go back to 10.6.4

I have the same issue with airport card. I have linksys wmp54g v2. its a broadcom 4320 chipset.

Mine works when I boot into safe mode (-x boot option).

I think there some kext causing the issue.

Below are the kexts that are not loaded in safe mode compared to normal boot. Does anyone know if I have to delete any of these to get airport working again?

com.apple.iokit.IOSerialFamily (10.0.3) <7 6 5 4 3 1>

com.apple.driver.Apple16X50Serial (3.0) <63 9 5 4 3> - Questionable

com.apple.driver.Apple16X50ACPI (3.0) <64 8 4 3>

com.apple.iokit.AppleProfileFamily (41) <9 7 6 5 4 3 1> Questionable

com.apple.driver.AppleIntelMeromProfile (19.1) <69 6 5 4 3>

com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireIP (2.0.3) <56 37 5 4 3 1>

com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib (1.3) <5 4> - Audio

com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily (1.7.9fc4) <78 5 4 3 1> - Audio

org.voodoo.driver.VoodooHDA (0.2.1) <79 9 7 5 4 3 1>

com.apple.driver.AudioIPCDriver (1.1.6) <79 5 4 3 1> Itunes

com.apple.GeForce (6.2.4) <73 72 67 9 7 6 5 4 3 1>

com.apple.driver.AudioAUUC (1.13) <79 67 9 8 7 5 4 3 1> - Audio

com.apple.driver.AppleMCCSControl (1.0.17) <67 9 7 5 4 3 1>

com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothSerialManager (2.3.8f7) <63 7 5 4 3 1>

com.apple.driver.AppleUpstreamUserClient (3.4.5) <67 9 8 7 5 4 3 1>

com.apple.iokit.IOSurface (74.2) <7 5 4 3 1> - Graphics

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileCallstackAction (20) <69 5 4 3 1>

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileKEventAction (10) <69 4 3 1>

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileRegisterStateAction (10) <69 4 3 1>

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileThreadInfoAction (14) <69 6 4 3 1>

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileTimestampAction (10) <69 5 4 3 1>

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileReadCounterAction (17) <69 6 4 3>

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBMergeNub (4.1.5)

I'll post what I had to do to get everything working on my 10.6.5 system. First I had to install the latest SleepEnabler (aka SleepEnabler10.6.x) and install it into /Extra/Extensions

You can get download here: http://www.meklort.com/?p=167

Next, I had to go into the /Extra folder and edit: com.apple.Boot.plist

This is what main part of it looks like:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1280x1024x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386 pmVersion=21 -v</string>

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>1</string>

Thats it. I hope this helps.

Ugh, that'll teach me to click on things while suffering from sleep deprivation. Software Update did it's scheduled check and I didn't notice the System Update to 10.6.5 on there. After restart:

No USB

No Audio

No Network

I set my system up with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]+[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] so I booted into my Windows 7 drive, downloaded the iso of the latest [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] (2.5) and used that as a rescue disc (if you don't know, when you boot with the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] CD it uses the drivers off that disc) so I was able to get back in with a functional mouse and network, download the latest [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], apply the fixes and now all is well. Phew! [wipes forehead]

Definitely NOT an update to apply through Software Update - use the ComboUpdate, and if I hadn't been so damned sleepy I would have applied my custom kexts before the reboot.

Everything seems ok except sleep and USB.

I have tried recommended IOUSBFamily.kext thru this thread, my iHack boots normally, but KP upon insertion of any USB drive and the PC reboots everytime at Shutdown.

However I managed to test the new graphic driver. OpenGL in 10.6.5 indeed faster than in 10.6.4. (See attachment). Nvidia has release a new CUDA driver so the irritating popup message will go away.

post-647336-1290235084_thumb.png

Until SleepEnabler, reboot and USB problem fixed, I will stay at 10.6.4 :)

hello there,

seams to become an never ending story. After updating (combo update) lost my wifi card. It is not longer detected.

Normally it was natifly detected.

Anhow i now did a clean install on a seperat internal harddrive all ok until i do the update to 10.6.5 i do imedetly loose

my wifi card. 10.6.4 all OK

I did try the old family.kext did try AppleAirPortBrcm4311.kext script nothing seems to work.

Does anyone has an idea ?

thanks

I have the same issue with airport card. I have linksys wmp54g v2. its a broadcom 4320 chipset.

Mine works when I boot into safe mode (-x boot option).

I think there some kext causing the issue.

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. Following your lead I checked safe boot, and it also works. Have you managed to isolate the problem kext? Any help would be useful.

Edit.

Did some sleuthing, found out what kextd I'm running in non safe mode that could be the culprit, and I cross-referenced with your list. Here are the kexts we have in common:

com.apple.GeForce

com.apple.driver.AppleMCCSControl

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileCallstackAction

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileKEventAction

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileReadCounterAction

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileRegisterStateAction

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileThreadInfoAction

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileTimestampAction

com.apple.driver.AppleUpstreamUserClient

com.apple.driver.AudioAUUC

com.apple.driver.AudioIPCDriver

com.apple.iokit.AppleProfileFamily

com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily

com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothSerialManager

com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireIP

com.apple.iokit.IOSerialFamily

com.apple.iokit.IOSurface

com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib

Hopefully this well help narrow down the issue. Also, for everyone else having trouble with their wifi, have you tried booting in safe mode?

Hey there, just a quick post to tell you my experience. Updated this afternoon. After a couple of issues which I fixed through [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] everything went fine.

My specs:

Mob: Gygabyte P55A-UD3 (Chipset A89T)

CPU: Intel Core i5 750 @2.67GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX260 (ASUS G80)

HD: ATA-SATA 500GB

Wi-Fi Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN951N

Used Clone Copy Carbon to have a copy where to experiment all the new stuff. Updated. Run immediately [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] (BEFORE REBOOTING) to avoid the "keybord lost" issue. Everything work now smoothly.

Just remember, if anybody have my same configuration..NEVER activate the airport: it works fine for about 10min & then starts giving problems, instability, rebooting needed etc etc etc. Unfortunately the Wi-fi card I have is not yet supported if you have at the same time an intel Core i5 750 !!

i only get a decent opengl performance after switching my smbios from MacPro 5,1 to 3,1

in 10.6.4 was perfect and smooth

but even though when you minimize windows and play 2 or 3 videos at the same time thy will freeze for a sec or 2

and Interface is very choppy not like in 10.6.4

Hi,

I wanted to do a quick polling around here before updating.

I am currently running 10.6.4 , updated from iAtkos s3 v2 10.6.3.

My config is as follow :

config.png

Do you guys think I will run into any problems ? Especially with the USB and sound ?

Let me know,

Cheers,

sonaeact

Hi ,

update work good but just ethernet card dont work my motherboard is Asus p5q deluxe could you give me please any solution.

Thanks

Update worked fine for me on a P5Q Deluxe, Ethernet and everything working on a vanilla install through Software Update. Just experiencing frequent KP under heavy CPU load (apparently NOT hardware-related, before anyone asks) that I am trying to pinpoint right now

hello, i'm using nvidia 310m and got the same problem and looking for a solution as well

my solution for now is by deleting nvenabler kext so i can enter my os but no more graphics support like 10.6.4

anyone know how to fix this? or maybe can someone suggest what kexts should I use to restore graphics support from 10.6.4?

ah i found the solution, just use GraphicsEnabler Yes then the graphic works fine ;)

Well, shame on me but the keyboard does not respond so I don't know how to do this. When the Chameleon screen comes up, I have the "press any key to enter boot setup" but my keyboard does not work at that point. here is my config:

Intel DP43BF

Intel E6500 ( SOCKET LGA 775 )

geforce 8400 GS 512 MO RAM

is your keyboard USB OR PS2?

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. Following your lead I checked safe boot, and it also works. Have you managed to isolate the problem kext? Any help would be useful.

Edit.

Did some sleuthing, found out what kextd I'm running in non safe mode that could be the culprit, and I cross-referenced with your list. Here are the kexts we have in common:

com.apple.GeForce

com.apple.driver.AppleMCCSControl

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileCallstackAction

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileKEventAction

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileReadCounterAction

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileRegisterStateAction

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileThreadInfoAction

com.apple.driver.AppleProfileTimestampAction

com.apple.driver.AppleUpstreamUserClient

com.apple.driver.AudioAUUC

com.apple.driver.AudioIPCDriver

com.apple.iokit.AppleProfileFamily

com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily

com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothSerialManager

com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireIP

com.apple.iokit.IOSerialFamily

com.apple.iokit.IOSurface

com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib

Hopefully this well help narrow down the issue. Also, for everyone else having trouble with their wifi, have you tried booting in safe mode?

I have the same issue, I reverted all my 10.6.4 kext but I still cant get my wifi back, im thinking its the kernel. Does anybody have a vanilla mach_kernel for 10.6.4. I forgot to backup mine.