HWSensors project

kozlek

286 posts in this topic

Hi The King

Any clues on how you got all 5 fans to show? I have the same Winbond chip on an Asus Rampage II Gene mobo (very similar DSDT to yours), but I always get just one fan showing up. Does it depend on any of the bios settings relating to fan control??

Thanks

Not sure on Gene but on Extreme it use additional chips(ROG marked) for temps/fans, REXIII has 2 ROG chips + Winbond(my guess just rebranded Winbond, but not sure)

On my case I just added FAN names in plist, and did the above paste in source, and all works just fine, no special setting in BIOS.

If you have a ROG chip might explain why not all FAN's are on Winbond one...

Guys, mozodojo, can you please confirm the following:

1. Your kexts in /E/E work well with any version of 10.6.x and don't necessarily require 10.6.4 (latest).

2. The fan names cannot have spaces in the Info.plist aliases; i.e. I wrote <string>Left Fan</string> and on iStat Menus it says "LeftFan".

3. What exactly is the Ambient temperature reading? Does it really exist on the board as a sensor? It appeared after you added <string>Auxiliary</string> in the Info.plist of the IT87x.kext. Ambient seems to have the same temperature as CPU Heatsink...

4. On my other mobo, using Gigabyte P55M-UD4 board with Core i7-860, I get a "Northbridge" reading although the P55 platform does not have any Northbridge or Southbridge architecture, right? So how come I get this reading? Anybody else with P55 chipset?

On this hackintosh, the NvClockX.kext fails and causes a Kernel Panic (10.6.4 64-bit) as soon as I get to the desktop i.e. the VGA initializes. I use a GeForce 9500 with Device ID: 0x0640 and Revision ID: 0x00a1

Thanks

Ive a Problen with the compile from 22.10

Since the SuperIOFamily.kext is included with the Plugins (i use only W836X.kext in Plugins Folder) my System cant wakeup from Hibernate( Mode 1). All i get is a blank Screen.

No Problems with Hibernate/Deep Sleep with the older/other Versions without the seperate SuperIOFamiliy.kext.

I was using FakeSMC /Intelthermal/W836X without Problems

Ive Asus P7P55LX ,Core i5 750, Ati 5750 ( Kabyl Bootloader ,GraphicsEnabler=Yes, 64Bit)

Problems with Sleep(Hibernate Mode0) too when i use your FakeMSC i get Kernel Panic after wake from Sleep.

No Problem with Netkas v2.5

I dont know why...

I dont think it got overclocked (the screenshoot of KP cant show that).

Maybe only the 7900GT isnt usable with that because shown GPU Type 4000 ?

Ok, Google on GPU Type 4000 yields nothing regarding 7900GT or its G71 chipset. The open source version works fine from s/l/e.

Is anyone else getting a KP with the Geforce 7 series graphic cards using nvclock from E/E?

thank you so much :D

everthing worked ' /S/L/E ', except Nvidia Temp didn't show up :wacko:

kernel NVClockX: started

kernel NVClockX: Vendor ID: 10de, Device ID: 5e2

kernel NVClockX: Architecture: 800000

kernel NVClockX: GT200 [GeForce GTX 260]

kernel Hw PCI location: bus: 4h dev: 1h func: 0h (invalid under 98se) < --- WHAT :D:)

kernel NVDANV50HAL loaded and registered.

EDIT:

Unknown Winbond chip found

this is what i get with ' lm_sensors ' ( GenToo Linux )

Driver `it87':

* ISA bus, address 0x290

Chip `ITE IT8718F Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

Driver `adt7475':

* Bus `NVIDIA i2c adapter '

Busdriver `nvidia', I2C address 0x2e

Chip `Analog Devices ADT7473' (confidence: 5)

is it possible to add Winbond ' adt7475 ' ?

THX

CooSee ' Ya

Who waiting for radeon and acpimonitor, be patient, I am planing to port all available plugins soon.

I have iStat 3.10 with all sensors working. I am using custom mac model GigaMac3,1 (iMac11,3 CPU part + Macpro3,1 GPU part).

Who waiting for radeon and acpimonitor, be patient, I am planing to port all available plugins soon.

I have iStat 3.10 with all sensors working. I am using custom mac model GigaMac3,1 (iMac11,3 CPU part + Macpro3,1 GPU part).

Now that is quite interesting, dear mozodojo! I wouldn't mind a very brief tutorial on how you did that custom model. Did you get hardware same as Apple, that's why you could combine them? I hope you can find some time and explain to us, someday. At least, I am sure you're getting SpeedStepping, right?