HWSensors project

kozlek

286 posts in this topic

Dear mozodojo, I have updated your kexts dated 20-Nov-2010 and would like to report that NVClockX probably needs some kind of delay before posting WARNING messages, as it eventually finds the GPU:

Nov 22 18:29:58 localhost kernel[0]: NVClockX: [Warning] no nVidia graphics adapters found
Nov 22 18:29:58 localhost kernel[0]: NVClockX: [Error] 
Nov 22 18:29:58 localhost kernel[0]: NVClockX: [Warning] no nVidia graphics adapters found
Nov 22 18:29:58 localhost kernel[0]: NVClockX: Vendor ID: 10de, Device ID: 6e4
Nov 22 18:29:58 localhost kernel[0]: NVClockX: Architecture: 80000
Nov 22 18:29:58 localhost kernel[0]: NVClockX: G98 [GeForce 8400 GS]
Nov 22 18:29:58 localhost kernel[0]: NVClockX: Memory mapped successfully

What is your input on this? I mean, is it perhaps loading too fast or the detection of GPU takes some time?

I have placed them all in /E/E but do you recommend placing NVClockX.kext in /S/L/E better?

Thanks!

@ Super Zan-Zan,

I see on source that you start implementing ACPIMonitor plugin, is that usable now, or need more polish(didn't tried to dl/compile ;) )

I think would be great to extend his functionality like adding methods for battery AC/DC to return & update the keys using ACPI calls, e.g for ACIN when AC adapter is inserted, and the rest of stuff...

What do you think?

Dear mozodojo, I have updated your kexts dated 20-Nov-2010 and would like to report that NVClockX probably needs some kind of delay before posting WARNING messages, as it eventually finds the GPU:

Nov 22 18:29:58 localhost kernel[0]: NVClockX: Vendor ID: 10de, Device ID: 6e4
Nov 22 18:29:58 localhost kernel[0]: NVClockX: Architecture: 80000
Nov 22 18:29:58 localhost kernel[0]: NVClockX: G98 [GeForce 8400 GS]
Nov 22 18:29:58 localhost kernel[0]: NVClockX: Memory mapped successfully

What is your input on this? I mean, is it perhaps loading too fast or the detection of GPU takes some time?

I have placed them all in /E/E but do you recommend placing NVClockX.kext in /S/L/E better?

Thanks!

got the same

@ Super Zan-Zan,

I see on source that you start implementing ACPIMonitor plugin, is that usable now, or need more polish(didn't tried to dl/compile ;) )

I think would be great to extend his functionality like adding methods for battery AC/DC to return & update the keys using ACPI calls, e.g for ACIN when AC adapter is inserted, and the rest of stuff...

What do you think?

Be patient. Now I have decline in my motivation to do something for OS X. Need to rest a bit and I likely will complete my work with ACPIMonitor and will add the stuff you request.

First, Thank you for awesome kexts ! ;) All work Fine When I boot -v and see booting log - it detected CPU 4 Cores , Tjmax, 2 GPUs, Sensors type .. but on MAC It display not good - Only Show 2 CPUs (and them always have same temp!) - 1 GPU Fan and it isnot correct !

9C8C.Screen%20shot%202010-11-24%20at%205.06.23%20PM.png

Guys, dear mozodojo, just to report that I installed the latest package (except NVClockX) on my Dell Mini 10v with Atom processor (but patched mach_kernel to say it's Core Solo) and the sensors... don't sense anything :-)

Except FakeSMC, there's nothing else reported. Can anyone else confirm this, too?

I guess this notebook doesn't have any fans, either! Cheers

First, Thank you for awesome kexts ! :) All work Fine When I boot -v and see booting log - it detected CPU 4 Cores , Tjmax, 2 GPUs, Sensors type .. but on MAC It display not good - Only Show 2 CPUs (and them always have same temp!) - 1 GPU Fan and it isnot correct !

iStat Pro does not show more than the physical cores. Not sure about iStat Menus, maybe that shows the virtual cores?

iStat Pro question forum link

I recently updated to 10.6.5 and im using istat menus. Ive always used fakesmc to monitor my cpu and its cores but now I can only get the temperature reading on one cpu. Under the activity monitor it shows all 4 cores though. Any ideas?

Specs:

GigaByte P55M-UD2 - Intel Core i5-760 - ATI XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB - Corsair DDR3 8GB 1600MHz - Corsair Nova Series 64GB x2 (Raid 0) - Snow Leopard 10.6.5

Guys, IntelThermal (loading right after FakeSMC, according to verbose boot) is causing me KPs from time-to-time, during boot. I am thus forced to remove all sensors plugins and revert only to Netka's FakeSMC 2.5 in /E/E.

This happens on both my platforms: Core i7 P55 and ICH7 Q9550. Thanks to mozodojo and others for the time and effort spent on these sensors!

Guys, IntelThermal (loading right after FakeSMC, according to verbose boot) is causing me KPs from time-to-time, during boot. I am thus forced to remove all sensors plugins and revert only to Netka's FakeSMC 2.5 in /E/E.

This happens on both my platforms: Core i7 P55 and ICH7 Q9550. Thanks to mozodojo and others for the time and effort spent on these sensors!

same here.... sometimes during boot it gives me KPs, i have only fakesmc (last version) and intelthermal installed. I think it's the same problem as you noticed. The next time it gives me a kernel panic i will make shot of the screen for troubleshooting.

same here.... sometimes during boot it gives me KPs, i have only fakesmc (last version) and intelthermal installed. I think it's the same problem as you noticed. The next time it gives me a kernel panic i will make shot of the screen for troubleshooting.

yep. same here ! Asus P55 and Core i5 750 with proper DSDT. KP sometimes during boot, and random freezes on Desktop! No Problems when i remove the Plugins

Check out a far more developed branch by Slice which started this project:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1206

usr-sse2 started this project to be clear. usr-sse2 and me was working on parent<->plugins architecture, also usr-sse2 maked nVidia plugin from NVClock port by alphamerik, Slice has helped us with this development and created couple of plugins.

usr-sse2 started this project to be clear. usr-sse2 and me was working on parent<->plugins architecture, also usr-sse2 maked nVidia plugin from NVClock port by alphamerik, Slice has helped us with this development and created couple of plugins.

Be it as it may, let the credit go to whoever its due. I only mention this due to all the kernel panics people seem to be experiencing with this particular branch. Although, It does only work from the /System/Library/Extensions folder rather than the /Extra/Extensions one.

Another n00b spoken when it should STFU...

@ Super Zan-Zan I see you got to same conclusion, too many n00bs/mm2, what I don't understand is why you removed the source too, did you gave up on this?

I do hope you will continue development on this, you left me half satisfied with ACPIMonitor :angel:

If yes lemme know where you plan to put new stuff...