What wireless cards would you like to see fixed?

Franzy

368 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe a stupid idea: why not porting ndiswrapper to OS X?

I don't know how much work that would require, however, that would be a general approach that would no longer require native drivers. If it works under Linux, it would work under OS X.

Just for clarification, I started this thread (a while back) because I had a theory that the Device ID, if incorporated into certain .kext files I had, might provide a fix. It worked for a couple cards - a few dell wireless cards but I was more curious about the intel cards. I was also working with someone at the time on the latest osx86 release DVD, 10.4.7, to contribute what wireless fixes I had.

Furthermore, the forum, at the time, lacked a cohesive place for wireless devices. I hope we can continue this thread as a place to provide information on cards and collaboratively help each other with links, etc. of known fixes, or just request fixes for others to read and help.

I haven't been into the osx86 project in a while because of school work, my company start-up, etc. but I will get back into it and contribute what I can again to the project.

Hi,

+1 for the Atheros AR5B91

I really need this driver for my new Asus EEE 1000HE. I know there is a driver for Linux. I hope someone will port it to OSX soon. I think some owner of the MSI Wind 120 have the same wireless card.

Thanks

Bob

intel 3945 mos common atm in laptop but if you worked through the nonworking belkins card you'll have fixed most others since they all run on the same chipset and belkin never use the same chipset twice i think

Lots of people (like me) likes to see a Intel kext for the RaLink RT256x/RT61 chipset,

there is a official kext from RaLink itself but that one is only for PPC :)

If you are planning to do something for this chipset I like to hear about it, wireless is the only thing that my iPC is missing :(

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

+1 for the Atheros AR5B91

I really need this driver for my new Asus EEE 1000HE. I know there is a driver for Linux. I hope someone will port it to OSX soon. I think some owner of the MSI Wind 120 have the same wireless card.

Thanks

Bob

+2 on that one... just bought myself the 1000HE and it seems (haven't tried myself yet - waiting for wifi) like I can get everything to work on it except for wifi.

Would be highly appreciated..

• 3 months later...

I would love it if my AzureWave AW-NE771 would work.

It came with my Asus EEE 1000HE.

Ive sent an email to AzureWave support asking for an possible beta / alpha / unofficial driver for Mac OS X. But I havent gotten an respond yet Im afraid.

- Dag Magnus