[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

i broke my audio after the update, i tried following the above instructions but it like froze on me during the update so i had to manually restart the computer and after that i had 10.6.8 but no audio. I tried doing the audio patcher and repair permission's/cache and restart but still didnt work.

Any ideas what i can do to get my audio back?

Ok...

I get it working

AppleHDA (10.6.8) is now patched

how too...

run the Combo 10.6.8

after this before restart (I prefer so when I restart the system is ready too go)

replace the 3/4 info.plist (see post #4)

run the Audio script (see post #1)

now move into System/Lybrary/Extensions/

right click on AppleHDA.kext --> see contents

folder Contents

then folder Resources and place/overwrite into that folder this two file from this archive

(layout12.xml & Platforms.xml)

Also delete from E/E the file AD2000B.kext

rebuild caches and repair permission...

Now restart... and enjoy.

Fabio

Thank you, run very well :)

P6T Deluxe V2 10.6.8

.... and use the pfix, very nice application

I try explain more clear...

with some screenshots.

1) Update your 10.6.x to 10.6.8 with a combo update dmg file.

1dmg.png

2) When the combo update process are finalized, no restart.

3) fireup your terminal /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app

and enter the following sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x19\xd4\x11|\x9b\x98\xd4\x11|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

3perl.png

4) Download the Archive it contain 2 file.

4ad2000b.png

5) Navigate to your AppleHDA.kext

5locat.png

right click on that kext and next on Show package/contents

5acontent.png

6) A new window will open, navigate into the Contents/Resources folder

6folder.png

7) replace/overwrite the two file from the downloaded archive.

8) Delete the AD2000b.kext file from Extra/Extensions

9) Use the info.plist file from post #4 for other problem like Net(yukon2) AHCI & BlockStorage

Not a big difference but...

the AppleAHCIPort and IOAHCIBlockStorage have some difference from 10.6.0, >>HERE

10) Run Kext utility or similar

Done.

Fabio

Updated my DSDT.aml from v3.3 to the latest v3.5 and my Geekbench 32-bit scores went from ~10780 to ~6100 consistently.

I'm running a P6D Deluxe v2 with an i7-920 overclocked to 3.48Ghz on 10.6.7 and the latest BIOS.

Switching back to v3.3 returns my scores back to where they were. Have also run XBench to make sure it wasn't some weird issue with Geekbench and those scores drop by about the same percentage.

Pretty major drop and not too excited to move to v3.5 but as I'm looking to swap out my i7-920 for a i7-960 it looks like I need v3.5 as v3.3 doesn't have a i7-960 specific version.

Hi Fabio, I updated following exactly your instruction, but a new problem came out. When I try to boot from Chameleon RC5, after loading the DMOS, the screen fades out (like if it was preparing the blue screen that anticipates the desktop), but then the monitor shows "No signal" and starts searching for a valid input. It seems the computer has gone to spleep!

I don't know if this problem is related with my graphic card (ATI4850) or something else. I reinstall ATI injector from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] after the update, exactly like I did when I run combo update 10.6.7. Strangely, safe booting, everything is ok, the monitor is recognized and is even at his best resolution (1680x1050). Do I have to wait for some new injectors, or a graphic driver update?

Thanks in advance.

Ps. I also wanted to point out that I have more or less the same results of slinkMonkey when i put the DSDT v3.5 on my system. I have a non-OC 920, and my geekbenk scores drop from 9500 -> 9000. I'm keeping the specific 920 v3.3 version of your DSDT for now, and everything worked fine till the latest update.

Ps2. If you want we can switch to Italian, i just don't know which is the best thread to continue the discussione.

Hi Fabio, I updated following exactly your instruction, but a new problem came out. When I try to boot from Chameleon RC5, after loading the DMOS, the screen fades out (like if it was preparing the blue screen that anticipates the desktop), but then the monitor shows "No signal" and starts searching for a valid input. It seems the computer has gone to spleep!

I don't know if this problem is related with my graphic card (ATI4850) or something else. I reinstall ATI injector from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] after the update, exactly like I did when I run combo update 10.6.7. Strangely, safe booting, everything is ok, the monitor is recognized and is even at his best resolution (1680x1050). Do I have to wait for some new injectors, or a graphic driver update?

Thanks in advance.

Ps. I also wanted to point out that I have more or less the same results of slinkMonkey when i put the DSDT v3.5 on my system. I have a non-OC 920, and my geekbenk scores drop from 9500 -> 9000. I'm keeping the specific 920 v3.3 version of your DSDT for now, and everything worked fine till the latest update.

Ps2. If you want we can switch to Italian, i just don't know which is the best thread to continue the discussione.

For Graphics problem.. I have no idea...

probably you need wait until some guru patch or post the "driver" for 10.6.8..

For the DSDT...

make sure you have the latest chameleon 2 RC5 and the correct entries into the com.apple.Boot.plist..

This loss in performance are also present in 10.6.7?

Fabio

Hi Fabio

I'm still having problem with sound no output device is being recognised. I have followed your guide but get stuck at this bit

9) Use the info.plist file from post #4 for other problem like Net(yukon2) AHCI & BlockStorage

Not a big difference but...

the AppleAHCIPort and IOAHCIBlockStorage have some difference from 10.6.0, >>HERE<< the new edited info.plist for the 4 kext

Could you please explain to a noob exactly how to do this bit

thanks

Matt

@carleycr

Please try Fabio`s post#1629 instrutions, let us know how it goes.

@slinkMonkey and dunmaster

DSDT 3.5 works perfectly fine with i7 960 and up, for benchmark purposes you should stick to Macpro 3,1 or 4,1 depending on your rig parts, please add your rig details.

Please use latest chameleon and read the boothelp.txt in your extra folder, add generate Cstates and Pstates, the how-to-do, it`s all in the txt.file.

I have switched to 3.5 early this year and have not noticed any problem, in fact the system works better (close to a native mac) with post 4# instructions, my geekbench is same on Lion and Snow with some variations (19000 something always) same as when I was on 3.3.

If you OC your cpu pretty high (say 50 - 75%), please add your bus ratio also in your plist, the system becomes more responsive (still testing this, but it does work well). Use the link below to calculate it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=240542

@rev4turbomonster

Point 9 from Fabio`s email, is only if you have internet or weird connection thru sata and USB (harddisk not responding etc...), then you can proceed with these additional steps, but your audio should be working before you reach step 9, so please give it 1 more try. FYI, Fabio was talking about post 4#

IOAHCIBlockStorage

/System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/Info.plist

>> Replace the plist with this <<

JMicronATA (needed for P6T & P6T SE)

/System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

>> Replace the plist with this <<

Hi guys,

Followed the instructions on repairing the sound and still no joy. I am running 10.6.8 snow leopard on an asus p6tse with i7 920 gt9500 gfx and 12gb of ram. Everything is working as it should but I still can't get sound even after following the guide with overwriting the 2 files within appleHDA kext. This is a new install first time I have tried this and chuffed to have it up and running and dual booting just need to get the sound working if someone could please help I would be very grateful.

thanks

Matt

Hi everyone, this is my 1st time posting.

Currently my hackintosh is experiencing random lockups for about 10-20 sec.

When the lockup happens, the disk activity(IO & DATA) is 0.

I'm currently on 10.6.8, everything seems to be fine except for this problem

Can someone enlighten me on how to solve this problem?

Edit: It turns out to be the hard disk incompatible with Mac OS X, problem solved by installing onto another hard disk

Hi rev4turbomonster,

I see you have 'SE' board, did you use bin patch script from post #4 for your Mobo. I believe

the one in .: ErmaC .: post #1630 is for P6T/D boards only. (please correct me if I'm wrong).

its got me past there i booted with 1.32 and i then hit f5 and yes it came u[p with mac iso . now i get this error added a screenshot

i know you guys need to see what error so im hopefull you can help me more lol :)

Hi fliprocky,

I hope you still plugging away, sorry am busy with other issues at mo. You will defiantly need latest Chameleon

version/s and thus USB install because of your GFx card. Check you have correct DSDT & correctly installed

on your USB installer for your i7 920. Please Google "How to Install Snow Leopard (10A432) on PC Hackintosh"

for some more tip's to help when creating your USB. I would probably not just yet do 10.6.8 update until

problems are confirmed solved & your system running :)

NOTE: ALL PLEASE ADD SYSTEM SPEC'S TO YOUR SIGNATURE OR ALL POST'S

Hi rev4turbomonster,

I see you have 'SE' board, did you use bin patch script from post #4 for your Mobo. I believe

the one in .: ErmaC .: post #1630 is for P6T/D boards only. (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I haven't used this and am not entirely sure what you are referring to. Could you give a step by step guide as to what this is and how I do it.

cheers

Matt

Upgraded to 10.6.8 , everything went fine, got back the audio working as Fabio has described in the post above, boot time is obviosly faster from 12 spins now is 5-6, only problem that I noticed is that update killed also my timed sleep(is set to 7min, but now dos not go to sleep automaticly after that period of time).Any idea??? No other issues so far

Im getting KP after restart because i forgot to delete sleepenabler.kext. I tried booting in safe mode, single user and -F (ignore caches) but still get KP. Am i gonna have to hook my drive up to a mac and delete that or can i do it if i boot with SL disc and use disk utility?

Im getting KP after restart because i forgot to delete sleepenabler.kext. I tried booting in safe mode, single user and -F (ignore caches) but still get KP. Am i gonna have to hook my drive up to a mac and delete that or can i do it if i boot with SL disc and use disk utility?

Try delete sleepenabler.kext from Extra/Extension with MacDrive in Windows...

Fabio

Hello everyone.

First of all many thanks to Fabio for the Guide on how to patch the new AppleHDA.kext. ;)

I don't have a P6T Deluxe, but the P6T6 WS Revolution has the same soundchip. ;)

My only problem is that I'm able to select my headphones in the sound preferences, but they don't work...

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

Regards Matthias

Edit: I got my headphones working, but only on the front panel... so my ports for speaker and mic on the rear panel don't work. :)

Try delete sleepenabler.kext from Extra/Extension with MacDrive in Windows...

Fabio

Oi Fabio.

I follow the guide and sucessfully updated to 10.6.8 w/ audio and network.

But my GTX 285 gets slower again (half the ful speed)

I did all the things in 10.6.7 to work properly:

Mac 5,1

com.apple.Boot.plist

smbios.plist

com.apple.Boot

AppleGrpahicsPowerManagement

Do you why is it happening?

regards

Rodrigo

Oi Fabio.

I follow the guide and sucessfully updated to 10.6.8 w/ audio and network.

But my GTX 285 gets slower again (half the ful speed)

I did all the things in 10.6.7 to work properly:

Mac 5,1

com.apple.Boot.plist

smbios.plist

com.apple.Boot

AppleGrpahicsPowerManagement

Do you why is it happening?

regards

Rodrigo

i7 930.. using MacPro5,1 is a very bad choice...

Use 4,1 or 3,1

Fabio

i7 930.. using MacPro5,1 is a very bad choice...

Use 4,1 or 3,1

Fabio

you're right!!!

Its perfect now with 4,1!

best regards man!! have a nice day

you're right!!!

Its perfect now with 4,1!

best regards man!! have a nice day

lost core temperatures in Stats 3.18!!!

Version 3.03 working perfect... Any clue?

Hello everyone.

First of all many thanks to Fabio for the Guide on how to patch the new AppleHDA.kext. :)

I don't have a P6T Deluxe, but the P6T6 WS Revolution has the same soundchip. ;)

My only problem is that I'm able to select my headphones in the sound preferences, but they don't work...

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

Regards Matthias

Edit: I got my headphones working, but only on the front panel... so my ports for speaker and mic on the rear panel don't work. :(

Just backpanel working for me.. and no MIC in input devices.. :-(

I use Skype a lot.. im worried about that

check this pic:

http://cl.ly/0l1G2G0d3Z0L2j060P0X

tks in advance