tks!

ok "fix" it

I forgot one file :D

AD2000b.zip

as before...

- layout12.xml as before

- Platforms.xml as before

- Info.plist this need to be replaced/overwrite in

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist

And now is completly fix as 10.6.7

Fabio

ok "fix" it

I forgot one file :P

AD2000b.zip

as before...

- layout12.xml as before

- Platforms.xml as before

- Info.plist this need to be replaced/overwrite in

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist

And now is completly fix as 10.6.7

Fabio

Fantastic Fabio!!!!!!!! Thank a lot man!!!

Just correct your post when you say "And now is completly fix as 10.6.7"

In fact is for 10.6.8 right?

Have a nice day man

regards

Rodrigo

Fantastic Fabio!!!!!!!! Thank a lot man!!!

Just correct your post when you say "And now is completly fix as 10.6.7"

In fact is for 10.6.8 right?

Have a nice day man

regards

Rodrigo

I refer to the patch ... yep is the 10.6.8

and work as before 10.6.7, 10.6.6 ecc...

Fabio

Just followed your instructions on my ASUS P5Q-Deluxe (10.6.8) that has the same AD2000B.

Everything looks ok but I get no sound at all through the optical spdifport. No problem with

with headphone port. Any idea?

Follow these final intructions man:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...00#entry1706166

regards

Rodrigo

I did. His latest.

*EDIT*

I managed to make it work by installing HDAEnabler.kext in /S/L/E.

I thought it wasn't needed and the strange thing is that when I removed it and rebooted my system everything

still worked...So there was either a problem with Kextcaches not updating or some strange bug in selecting the audio output in system preferences...

*UPDATE*

I think I've found a bug in the latest version of AppleHDA from 10.6.8.

If I play something in iTunes and then start some movie in Mplayer (with AC3-stream) and then quit Mplayer the sound stops working in iTunes and every other "normal" application. If i start the movie again the AC3-stream plays without problem. This is when using the optical SPDIF.

Solution: Get AppleHDA from 10.6.7 (1.9.9f I believe) and put AD2000b.kext, HDEFEnabler.kext HDAEnabler.kext in /S/L/E.

That's illegal and besides Snow Leopard and Lion is like €30

Lion by what i read wont be a DVD Version...

And Snow Leopard i see it right now at applestore 50€, I just want to know if it works with non original, because i will try diferent versions to install.

I did. His latest.

*EDIT*

I managed to make it work by installing HDAEnabler.kext in /S/L/E.

I thought it wasn't needed and the strange thing is that when I removed it and rebooted my system everything

still worked...So there was either a problem with Kextcaches not updating or some strange bug in selecting the audio output in system preferences...

*UPDATE*

I think I've found a bug in the latest version of AppleHDA from 10.6.8.

If I play something in iTunes and then start some movie in Mplayer (with AC3-stream) and then quit Mplayer the sound stops working in iTunes and every other "normal" application. If i start the movie again the AC3-stream plays without problem. This is when using the optical SPDIF.

Solution: Get AppleHDA from 10.6.7 (1.9.9f I believe) and put AD2000b.kext, HDEFEnabler.kext HDAEnabler.kext in /S/L/E.

Are you completly sure that in your DSDT is present the correct HDEF "stuff" the problem you say before can be relate to this..

Fabio

Are you completly sure that in your DSDT is present the correct HDEF "stuff" the problem you say before can be relate to this..

Fabio

Yep. Everything works beautifully with the older kext from 10.6.7 as I state in my updated post.

There seems to be a bug in which the optical SPDIF-port doesn't work correctly with AppleHDA from 10.6.8.

S/PDIF Output not working after playing movie with Dolby Digital

Issues with 10.6.8?

Lion by what i read wont be a DVD Version...

And Snow Leopard i see it right now at applestore 50€, I just want to know if it works with non original, because i will try diferent versions to install.

You can easily make a bootable DVD of Lion. And that is no excuse not buying it. That's the risk for wanting a cheaper Mac. One of them. :P

Hi guys,

First off want to say thanks for this guide have had snow leopard running perfectly for around a week on my system. I have it set up for dual boot with windows but it has been running that well I haven't even bothered finalising all my settings and programs in windows yet. I do have a couple of niggles I'd like some help from you gurus with please.

1) USBs on boot up my keyboard is working as is my mouse external hard drive and web cam and printer. However if I plug my phone in (iphone 3gs) or my samsung galaxy s it will charge them but not recognise them or load them onto the system. It seems to work the first time you do it from booting it up but will not do it again after this. Is this a fault that can be fixed and if so how.

2) I am also thinking of buying the wired aluminium apple keyboard with number pad as it frustrates me having the @ key displayed in the wrong place on my keyboard at present. My question is are there any other keyboards available with the apple layout and if so where can I get one from as ideally I would like to get it in black to match the case monitor and mouse etc.

3) my ram speed is showing at 800mhz but it is actually 1066mhz is there a way to get the ram to operate at the correct speed

4) I ran geekbench the other day and got a score of 7455 is this good?? and is it acceptable for my spec of system

Thanks a lot for your help guys really great site you have here. Look forward to your responses

Matt

spec

asus p6tse i7 920 12gb 1066 mhz ddr3 nvidia gt9500 1.5 tb hard drive partioned to 2 x 750 gb further 1gb external drive

Hi guys,

First off want to say thanks for this guide have had snow leopard running perfectly for around a week on my system. I have it set up for dual boot with windows but it has been running that well I haven't even bothered finalising all my settings and programs in windows yet. I do have a couple of niggles I'd like some help from you gurus with please.

1) USBs on boot up my keyboard is working as is my mouse external hard drive and web cam and printer. However if I plug my phone in (iphone 3gs) or my samsung galaxy s it will charge them but not recognise them or load them onto the system. It seems to work the first time you do it from booting it up but will not do it again after this. Is this a fault that can be fixed and if so how.

2) I am also thinking of buying the wired aluminium apple keyboard with number pad as it frustrates me having the @ key displayed in the wrong place on my keyboard at present. My question is are there any other keyboards available with the apple layout and if so where can I get one from as ideally I would like to get it in black to match the case monitor and mouse etc.

3) my ram speed is showing at 800mhz but it is actually 1066mhz is there a way to get the ram to operate at the correct speed

4) I ran geekbench the other day and got a score of 7455 is this good?? and is it acceptable for my spec of system

Thanks a lot for your help guys really great site you have here. Look forward to your responses

Matt

spec

asus p6tse i7 920 12gb 1066 mhz ddr3 nvidia gt9500 1.5 tb hard drive partioned to 2 x 750 gb further 1gb external drive

@rev4turbomonster

[inovice] First off, please edit your post, you posted twice.

Hi guys,

[inovice] Did you try launching iTunes with the iPhone connected? Is your iphone a jailbreak phone?

[inovice] It should not, you can select your appropriate keyboard when you boot for the first time/using system preferences and keyboard ( system preferences is on the dock)

If you are looking for Apple Alternatives, please try Matias

[inovice] Download latest Chameleon

[inovice] lol, what type of question is that? But yes, it is perfectly fine, please use MacPro 3,1 or 4,1 in plist.

Matt

[inovice] Please amend you sig.

spec

Hello!

Anyone knows a guide for this motherboard with lion?

The lion section on these forums has a sticky, "Lion installation vis USB stick using Chameleon", I just followed it. Lion is working on my p6t deluxe v2, following ifabio's aka ermac's 10.6.8 sound fix, i just got the onboard audio working.

The lion section on these forums has a sticky, "Lion installation vis USB stick using Chameleon", I just followed it. Lion is working on my p6t deluxe v2, following ifabio's aka ermac's 10.6.8 sound fix, i just got the onboard audio working.

I suppose we just need to upgrade to Lion, since we have 10.6.8 running perfectly yet..??

tks!

@hugeschnauzer

All I can say is that LION GM works perfectly with our mobo, there will be a guide for installation in due time. Same as SL, let`s wait for the official release first, then we can proceed with a detailed-guide for LION on P6T :)

I am totally TOAST... Please save me ..

After update via system update to 10.6.8 , no sound like everyone of you, except that, everything works fine.

I followed the steps from Fabio on page 82 , sounds came back but all the HDD icons turn to yellow removable drive icon.

I also checked post #4 and replace ALL the plist file, Internet no longer works.

The downloaded file is named "info-1.plist" I modified it back to "info.plist" and replace it in the corresponding locations.

Please help :P

@hugeschnauzer

All I can say is that LION GM works perfectly with our mobo, there will be a guide for installation in due time. Same as SL, let`s wait for the official release first, then we can proceed with a detailed-guide for LION on P6T :P

Ok man! tks!!

I thought that Lion installation for 10.6.8 users acts like a update.. hehe

tks

regards

I followed Fabio's directions to the T....and I even tried to do it over again installing the update again and stuff...ran the kext utility and restarted...still no sound. I dont have orange icons for my drives anymore which is good, but still no sound. very frustrating.

Anyone have any ideas or advice I would much appreciate it. My webcam with built in Mic works, but no output to speakers.