[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

Hi everybody! Hi iFabio!

So, me too, some problem with audio & network: followed the guide at post 4 (i was using kexts in /Extra) and both network was gone...so I went back to the old kext from 10.6.8 upgrade using pacifist and edited the file by hand as dgobe suggested in his first guide looong time ago:

sudo nano /Volumes/Snow/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Find <key>Yukon-88E8053</key> and make it <key>Yukon-88E8056</key> (change 53 to 56)

Find <string>0x436211AB</string> and make it <string>0x436411AB</string></key> (change 62 to 64)

Find <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053 Singleport Copper SA</string> and make it <string>Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8056 Singleport Copper SA</string> (change 53 to 56)

Hit ctrl + o and then enter to save the file, then ctrl + x to exit nano.

Network fixed.

Than audio: worked af first reboot using Fabio's suggestion, but after second rebbot...no audio again.

Tried several times to repatch and replace the files...nothing...at firs boot it works, than, bye bye audio.

I went back to the old kext from 10.6.7 with patch & ad2000b.kext in /E/E

Now everything works...but i'm still asking myself why at secon boot audio goes nuts...

Than audio: worked af first reboot using Fabio's suggestion, but after second rebbot...no audio again.

Tried several times to repatch and replace the files...nothing...at firs boot it works, than, bye bye audio.

I went back to the old kext from 10.6.7 with patch & ad2000b.kext in /E/E

Now everything works...but i'm still asking myself why at secon boot audio goes nuts...

I use digital S/PDIF for the output...

but I find a problem...(On 10.6.8) input

Example: If I use the program Skype to get work the mic I have to unplug and replug the "connector" and after this the mic works...

Maybe similar problem with the speakers?

Fabio

I use digital S/PDIF for the output...

but I find a problem...(On 10.6.8) input

Example: If I use the program Skype to get work the mic I have to unplug and replug the "connector" and after this the mic works...

Maybe similar problem with the speakers?

Fabio

Hi Fabio, I use the analog back output. It works at first reboot, at second...bye bye. Very strange.

Anyway...I reverted back to old config with kexts in /E/E...it's just a matter of taste, but I prefer it like that, you don't have to re-patch everything at every update...using Pacifist and the 10.6.8 Combo UPD, I went back to all previous unedited kexts in /snow/system/extensions. The good old ad2000b.kext & the audiopatch.sh are doing the job for me with the back analog output :-)

Haven't tested input yet, I use it for skype only & I've a bluethoot headphone 4 that pourpouse!

Anyway, this machine is working good now and I'm writing from it ;-)

I dont know what to do....

I have Asus p6t deluxe v2, Intel Core i7 920, and GTX 470. Im using 4GB RAM for installing, and only 1 HD connected, with no format, and also tryed with NTFS.

Im using .boot posted in post #1, but when I change DVD to instal MAC i get some errors.

nvram: Error getting variable - ´boot-args´: (iokit/common) data was not found

using 64-bit bootcache playlist

BootCacheControl : could not unlink playlist /var/db/BootCache.playlist: Read-Only file system

Bug: launchctl.c2325 (23930):30: (dbfd =open(g_job_overrides_db_path, O_RDONLY | O_EXCLOCK | O_CREAT, S_IRSUSR | S_IWUSR)) !=-1

systemShutdown False

Previos shutdown Cause: 0

DSMOS has arrived

FakeSMC: key not found BEMB, length - 1

AppleTyMCEDriver: :start coreVIDPID = 0xffffffff Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus =8 memory monitor trough MCA

Sound assertion ´´!hasInitialSettings´´ failed in ´´/sourceCache/AppleHDA/ApleHDA-184.4.3/AppleHDA/AppleHDAEngine.cpp´´ at line 735 6 go to exit.

somebody can help¿?

With: GraphicEnabler=n

I can install so at hdd... so im going to try next steps.. Thx!

EDIT AGAIN:

Same error when i restart to intiate from HDD for first time...

Well i have installed it sucessfully for fisrt time....

I tryed to boot without AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot_132v1.15 but nothing.. Grey screens shows and say that it need t restart pc

I loaded AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot_132v1.15 and type: GraphicsEnabler=n arch=i386 (if i dont type this it doesnt work)

EDIT: I can boot without AsusP6TDeluxeV2_boot_132v1.15, but I stil need to type GraphicsEnabler=n arch=i386 when Im going to select mac hdd.

My graphic is GTX 470, i think that i need to install the right .kext ?

How should I install .kext? using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]?

And somebody knows where i can get the right .kext for my graphic card?

Thanks !!

Well it seems that everything is working for me...

But i still have one problem.

Everytime I reboot or turn on computer, when I select mac drive to stast MAC OS X it shows grey screen with apple logo...

Then it shows light blue screen and it freeze there... And I have to press Power Button (at CPU) and looks like if computer sleeps, then a press power button to turn it on again.. And sudenly the desktop shows up...

But i always need to press power button...

How can i solve this problem?

EDIT: The problem is with the HDMI, if I use DVI it boots perfectly and dont freeze with a blue screen.

BTW, what can i do to be sure that everything is working? It exists any tool to check that everything its right?

Thanks!

My update to 10.6.8 failed miserably.

Despite following the instructions provided bu Fabio to the letter, apon reboot, Mac could not load AppleAHCIPort.kext due to missing dependencies (Missing IOAHCIFamily class)

Had to restore via TimeMachine, boot in via boot-132 and reinstall Chameleon via the Chameleon wizard.

I won't be trying that again.

Also, sleep won't work properly. Is there a known way to get it working with the P6TD?

My update to 10.6.8 failed miserably.

Despite following the instructions provided bu Fabio to the letter, apon reboot, Mac could not load AppleAHCIPort.kext due to missing dependencies (Missing IOAHCIFamily class)

Had to restore via TimeMachine, boot in via boot-132 and reinstall Chameleon via the Chameleon wizard.

I won't be trying that again.

Also, sleep won't work properly. Is there a known way to get it working with the P6TD?

probably this happen related to your two gfx card...

Fabio

Well.. My error continues... With DVI no problems..

But when I am using HDMI, when booting after Grey screen with apple logo.. My display shows light blue and it stops there...

But if I turn off my display, and then I turn it on.. It works correctly and shows desktop.

Why is this? :S

Well.. My error continues... With DVI no problems..

But when I am using HDMI, when booting after Grey screen with apple logo.. My display shows light blue and it stops there...

But if I turn off my display, and then I turn it on.. It works correctly and shows desktop.

Why is this? :S

Try update your bootloader...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=257464

note: from revision 1115 and Up Chameleon 2 RC5 use org.chameleon.Boot.plist instead com.apple.Boot.plist

Fabio

Try update your bootloader...

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=257464

note: from revision 1115 and Up Chameleon 2 RC5 use org.chameleon.Boot.plist instead com.apple.Boot.plist

Fabio

Updated and nothing..Same thing happening...

When i was at chameleon bootscreen I press on video info, and it shows VESA 3.0 but there is not 1920x1080, the top resolution there is 1280x...... Maybe is related with this?

EDIT: Looking in google i found people with similar problemas with 8800 series.. At least they cant use top resolution with their graphics in chameleon, if I understand everything right, its necesary to flash the Graphic Card BIOS...

But if you have any other idea here I am.

Thanks!

After a little help from the guru that is fabio or any of you other knowledgable chaps as I am truly stuck being such a noob.

I have got my hackintosh running perfectly. I am running an asus p6tse with i7 920 and 12gb of 1066 mhz ram and nvidia gt9500. I have treated myself to an apple keyboard which is now working perfectly with windows and osx 10.6.8

Today I decided to upgrade my speakers after my 2.1 system died. I decided to opt for 5.1 this time and have got this working perfectly within windows. However I can only get sound from the front speakers and woofer on osx. When I go into audio MIDI setup the option to go to surround or 5.1 is greyed out and I can only select stereo therefore enabling my woofer and front speakers. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to enable 5.1 and get the best from these speakers.

Thanks for your help

Matt

I try explain more clear...

with some screenshots.

1) Update your 10.6.x to 10.6.8 with a combo update dmg file.

1dmg.png

2) When the combo update process are finalized, no restart.

3) fireup your terminal /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app

and enter the following sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x19\xd4\x11|\x9b\x98\xd4\x11|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

3perl.png

4) Download the Archive it contain 2 file.

4ad2000b.png

5) Navigate to your AppleHDA.kext

5locat.png

right click on that kext and next on Show package/contents

5acontent.png

6) A new window will open, navigate into the Contents/Resources folder

6folder.png

7) replace/overwrite the two file from the downloaded archive.

8) Delete the AD2000b.kext file from Extra/Extensions

9) Use the info.plist file from post #4 for other problem like Net(yukon2) AHCI & BlockStorage

Not a big difference but...

the AppleAHCIPort and IOAHCIBlockStorage have some difference from 10.6.0, >>HERE<< the new edited info.plist for the 4 kext

10) Run Kext utility or similar

Done.

Fabio

Hi to all,

The download of pos 4 doesn't work.

Could someone correct this?

Thanks

Download for P6T Deluxe V2 10.6.8 Audio Fix Download brocken

Fabio (Ermac) explained, who to update to 10.6.8.

One step is, to download an audio patch (Xml files).

But this download is not available.

Could somebody help?

I'm trying to restore my Hackintosh after a (disaster of Biblical proportions) attempting to update it to Sandy Bridge. Since I had a complete Time Machine backup and a pre-configured USB key that I'd previously tested with a ground-up restore, I thought I was in good shape.

Nope.

Suffice it to say that for whatever reason, although it worked previously, I can't get my system running from my USB key.

Oh well. I'll just bring it back up from scratch and then restore from Time Machine. No problem.

But none of the ISO images in the first message of this thread will boot a retail Snow Leopard 10.6 or 10.6.3 installation DVD (I have both). My setup:

ASUS P6TV2 Deluxe/Radeon 5870/12G RAM

I can boot the ISO image, but when I insert either Snow Leopard DVD and try to boot from it, the screen goes black, the fan on the 5870 goes to max, and the system is locked up so hard that I have to power it down (reset won't work).

Same results on the 1.15.7 and 1.14.7 ISOs.

Kinda stuck now. "Real" Mac Pros are starting to look pretty good. Any suggestions?

I'm trying to restore my Hackintosh after a (disaster of Biblical proportions)...

Replacing the Radeon 5870 with an NVIDIA GTX280 works. Perhaps I can restore the (quieter) 5870 after I finish restoring everything.

Hi Fabio

4) Download the Archive it contain 2 file.

The above files have been removed.

Could you or anyone else please re-upload them to another File Sharing Site.

Thanks

giblet

PS Thanks for all the work you do to make P6T work... without you it would be a nightmare!! Cheers

Hello all. First time hackintosher here, first time poster. I followed the fantastic method of prepping and using a flash drive for the install, and it worked famously. I was exceedingly impressed with how relatively easy it was to prep the drive and then do the install, run the package install, etc. Ethernet got working right away after a restart. Very nice process, thank you all very much.

The one thing that did not work right out of the gate was audio. I tried a bunch of things that I probably shouldn't have done, but hey, it was late and I needed to get to bed... :hysterical: I think I installed a bad kext, voodoohda.kext to be specific, from another download/method that I had read about, and thats when I got what I believe is called a Kernal Panic. Gray screen forcing a restart. No matter what, thats what I get. A buddy told me to boot from Chameleon using -s, but from there, not sure what to do with all the code lines, text, etc. Thats where I should be able to delete the bad/offending kext, correct? How do I go about that from the -s boot up? Or is there a better way of going about this?

And once I do delete the bad kext, how do I proceed to get the audio working?

Would it be unwise to just to a full re-install of the OS? ie, just start over?

Thanks for all the wisdom here!

Brandon

anyone know if its safe for us to upgrade to lion via download from the app store?! it just got released today....cant wait to upgrade but hopefully i dont have to do a fresh install and restore from time machine backup.

Anything is helpful, thanks!

well given up for the day - followed this method -

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=260594

have the external hard drive set up as it has there for me... but when i boot off the external.... it looks like it is about to start to load but then just resets... so cant install lion on my test drive yet...

will try again tomorrow...

Hi, I managed a nearly perfect install of Lion FINAL, but the sound (AD2000b) doesn't work for me! I tried everything! The audiopatcher doesn't work, Fabio's method failed (if I did it right – what is a legacy kext? Is it that one linked behind the arrows?)....

Thanks,

muffin92

Hi, I managed a nearly perfect install of Lion FINAL, but the sound (AD2000b) doesn't work for me! I tried everything! The audiopatcher doesn't work, Fabio's method failed (if I did it right – what is a legacy kext? Is it that one linked behind the arrows?)....

Thanks,

muffin92

how did you get it to work... as mentioned in the post above yours... i just cant get the installer to boot!!!

as far as sound -

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=259543

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=258243

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=261673