[GUIDE] *NEW* Snow Leopard Retail on ASUS P6T Deluxe V1&V2

dgobe

1,773 posts in this topic

I'm also hanging out to see if Fabio has any words of advice about getting Lion to run. This thread has become the most important information point as everyone in here more or less has the same configuration as me (or similar) -- I don't want to go to other parts of the forum as I don't trust that it will work!

Anyone in here had success with Lion?

I just followed these steps:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729

And it's working fine with lion!

My "/Extra/Extensions" Folder:

AD2000b.kext

AHCIPortInjector.kext

FakeSMC.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

The sound is still broken and for now, I didn't try if sleep is working....

thats the method i have tired along with others... the furthest i get is using that one but when i boot off the USB everything loads then it looks like its about to boot properly but all i get is the nice new grey screen and i never get beyond that!!! left it 30 minutes one time and nothing...

For Post-Installation use this with the DSDT from the Auto-Patcher (Sleep doesn't work...Maybe try the DSDT from iFabio – REPORT IF THIS WORKS!):

(...)

I like patch/edit the .plist file into the System/Library/Extensions (so.. no need dummy .kext in extra/Extensions)

1. Yukon2 (needed for P6T Deluxe v1/v2 & P6TD Deluxe)
    /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist
    >> Replace the plist with this <<

2. AppleAHCIPort
    /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext/Contents/Info.plist

3. IOAHCIBlockStorage
    /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/Info.plist

4. JMicronATA (needed for P6T & P6T SE)
    /System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext/Contents/Info.plist

For sound I used the VoodooHDA and now it works!

Has anyone tried upgrading to Lion just via app store download like having a normal mac and updating that way? or should i do a fresh install and just hope my time machine backup will restore everything including programs?

Really want to do this tonight....Please help!!

About the slow sata issues on 10.6.8/p6td Deluxe:

I did the DSDT patch and changed my EXtra folder for brand new one Macpro 4,1.

Its faster now..

I guy told me about Quartz Beamsync disable, and its almost 100% now

Just feel some lag from copies between the 2 harddrives

Im using TempMonitor, because Istat cant read the temps.

Tks for you patience

regards

anyone tried Fabio's developer release version method for the official release of Lion?

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n...%23entry1707404

That guide worked easily on my P6T V2 Deluxe with Lion Official release. The only problem I found was that the sound didn't work.

Solved with iFabio71 attachment : AppleHDA.zip

Thanks iFabio and all for the good work!!!

PiSToL

That guide worked easily on my P6T V2 Deluxe with Lion Official release. The only problem I found was that the sound didn't work.

Solved with iFabio71 attachment : AppleHDA.zip

Thanks iFabio and all for the good work!!!

PiSToL

Had a chance to try this(Lion) and it worked easily(thanks Fabio!) but I had the same sound issue. The sound fix is the same method for 10.6.8 that Fabio posted earlier. I looked at the binary and it wasn't patched and the xml files weren't copied into place automatically for some reason. I didn't investigate why.

If you follow his earlier instructions in this post and use the Finder to copy the files you will likely have to fix the permissions on the xml/plist files ....

in the appropriate directory

e.g. sudo chown 0:0 layout12.xml

sudo chmod 644 layout12.xml

Note that the Info.plist is NOT for AppleHDA but for a plugin deeper in the directory structure of the AppleHDA.kext bundle.

Do a: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions for good measure.

Remove AD2000b.kext or any Voodoo you are using from /Extra/Extensions(or /S/L/E) and rebuild your kext cache and reboot. His instructions work for both 10.6.8 and Lion.

Here are the commands to put the files in place and patch the binary, ripped from the mkboot script for his Lion installer:

Make sure you are in a directory that contains the 3 files:

layout12.xml

Platforms.xml

Info.plist

sudo cp layout12.xml "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/"

sudo cp Platforms.xml "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/"

sudo cp -r Info.plist "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/"

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x19\xd4\x11|\x9b\x98\xd4\x11|g' "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA"

Guys for the audio problem

with Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or Lion 10.7.0

use this simple script

script fix AD2000b

(open the folder and doble click on the ad2000b file.. provide admin passw and w8 to the end process, then reboot)

and delete any reference into Extra/Extensions for AD2000b.kext (or P6T-Deluxe.kext)

credits go to dgobe for the simple previous posted info...(I put his idea into a simple bash script).

@dgobe maybe you can add it in the first page... (specify is ONLY FOR AD2000b and for AppleHDA.kext 10.6.8 or Lion)

Fabio

credits go to dgobe for the simple previous posted info...(I put his idea into a simple bash script).

@dgobe maybe you can add it in the first page... (specify is ONLY FOR AD2000b and for AppleHDA.kext 10.6.8 or Lion)

Fabio

You get all the cred for the fix Fabio I was just pointing out potential issues for the people that were having problems. I'll link your fix to the first post.

Thanks

EDIT: First post modified with new instructions for audio patching. Let me know if I missed anything, thanks.

Guys for the audio problem

with Snow Leopard 10.6.8 or Lion 10.7.0

use this simple script

script fix AD2000b

(open the folder and doble click on the ad2000b file.. provide admin passw and w8 to the end process, then reboot)

and delete any reference into Extra/Extensions for AD2000b.kext (or P6T-Deluxe.kext)

Fabio

Thank you for posting this, is was somewhat of a help....But for some strange reason I STILL dont have sound after the 10.6.8 update. Ive also done the most recent software updates. I swear ive tried everything. I even restored the AppleHDA.kext folder from a time machine backup and doing the editing, run kext utility, reboot but still nothing.

PLEASE HELP, Im going crazy here trying to figure out whats wrong and miss my sound!! At this rate id be better off attempting to install lion and try get sound on there

Thank you for posting this, is was somewhat of a help....But for some strange reason I STILL dont have sound after the 10.6.8 update. Ive also done the most recent software updates. I swear ive tried everything. I even restored the AppleHDA.kext folder from a time machine backup and doing the editing, run kext utility, reboot but still nothing.

PLEASE HELP, Im going crazy here trying to figure out whats wrong and miss my sound!! At this rate id be better off attempting to install lion and try get sound on there

Dont forget the dsdt.aml in both: root and extra folder

please can anybody help me? i did a disaster!

I had a 10.6..7 working.....then i update to 10.6.8 but audio didn't work....

so i found this Post #1624

i also upgraded chamaleon with chamaleon wizard.

now chamaleon version 5 build 1226 starts

i chose osx.....on the white screan appears the apple...pc thinks......but after that come out a circle crossed by a line (in italian: segno del divieto) and the pc continue to think......and nothing happens....

i read also this post Post #1687

so with macdrive i renamed com.apple.boot.plist in chamaleon.boot.plist.....but nothing changed....

what you siuggest to do? reinstall everithing from 0???

If i have to reinstall everithing...is there a way to install lion from 0...or i have to start doing all passages????

thx in advance

Dont forget the dsdt.aml in both: root and extra folder

sorry for the stupid question, but are u referring to the one on the the 3rd or 4th post? cause i thought that was for the processor. Cant find the one for audio. And root= S/L...extensions= S/L/E?

If you could point me in the direction where i can get the dsdt.aml for audio i would appreciate it. I tried DSDT app but its confusing and dont understand it.

thanks

sorry for the stupid question, but are u referring to the one on the the 3rd or 4th post? cause i thought that was for the processor. Cant find the one for audio. And root= S/L...extensions= S/L/E?

If you could point me in the direction where i can get the dsdt.aml for audio i would appreciate it. I tried DSDT app but its confusing and dont understand it.

thanks

Hi man.

Im talking about audio.

I have dsdt.aml and Extra folder into the same folder and the same dsdt.aml inside the Extra folder

I use a EFI partition

new 10.6.8 update = no sound?

not 10.6.7 to 10.6.8..

I did a update in 10.6.8 from software update today and lost audio.. any ideas??

Hi.. Following this guide I finally installed Mac OS 10.6.8 fully functional...

My question now is.. Can I update to Lion form APPSTORE?? Or its any method to update? Or i need to make new clean install following this guide? http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=256729

Thanks everybody!

How did you get audio to work? I have same board and dont know what to do about the dsdt.aml stuff as posted above. Ive tried Fabio's guide and still couldn't get audio. I am also waiting for someone to respond about updating to lion via app store, and haven't got a response on here yet.

How did you get audio to work? I have same board and dont know what to do about the dsdt.aml stuff as posted above. Ive tried Fabio's guide and still couldn't get audio. I am also waiting for someone to respond about updating to lion via app store, and haven't got a response on here yet.

Download the attached file at the end of post #1 called Ad2000b

And follow this steps: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1703225

Download the attached file at the end of post #1 called Ad2000b

And follow this steps: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1703225

I have successfully upgraded to 10.6.8 from 10.6.6, and sound is working well. I am now more interested in upgrading to 10.7. It seems that most posts/articles I've read on this subject provide instructions on installing Lion in its own partition. I prefer upgrading to Lion in my existing Snow Leopard partition so as not to lose my existing setup. Are there any posts that show how this can be done with the dowloaded Lion app?