ATI HD 5770

ralfhome

1,160 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I have a ATI SAPPHIRE 512 MB DDR5 on my computer. I have install CHAMALEON HD5000 and put the rom for my graphic card into /extra folder. I have edited my boot.plist too with the useatirom and graphicsenabler.

Then I have installed the kext wich is http://www.darwinx86.net/forum/10-actualit...10&start=10.

After that my system can´t boot. At the start I get my screen black with "NO SIGNAL" on my screen. My fan was working at this moment. I had to push my POWER BUTTON to close my PC.

I don´t know what I can do. I have installed a a SL 10.6 retail + combo update. I can´t install graphics update because I get KP.

I have seen when start in verbose mode something like a problem with "ROOT PCI" or something similar.

Please, help me because I have got my SL working very well with the except of my graphic card, but without my graphic card I can´t use it because I want to use FINAL CUT, PHOTOSHOP etc....

Thanks everybody!

Nobody can help me please??? Please I really need it....

Thanks!

Nobody can help me please??? Please I really need it....

Thanks!

there easy way if you want to get it work if boot file not work for you

use aty_init

first install new install update to 10.6.4

install kext restart

setup gfx update 1.0

if you want boot method to have 3 mointor and 64bit

use trauma ! boot file

and use atirom and graphicsenabler on boot plist

and put rom on extra

there easy way if you want to get it work if boot file not work for you

use aty_init

first install new install update to 10.6.4

install kext restart

setup gfx update 1.0

if you want boot method to have 3 mointor and 64bit

use trauma ! boot file

and use atirom and graphicsenabler on boot plist

and put rom on extra

Thank you very much for your answer Mohamed Khairy!!!! I have a couple of questions about it.

When you say install kext do you mean ATI INIT only or I have to install ATI5000.KEXT, ATIX3000.KEXT, ATIFRAMEBUFFERT.KEXT, etc??? (Please I am a newbie and need a little more specific instructions about it)

Where I have to put trauma boot file??? In Extra too? Where??

Do I have to install my DSDT, Chamaleon (from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]), and PCEFI too???

Thanks for your help!!

Thank you very much for your answer Mohamed Khairy!!!! I have a couple of questions about it.

When you say install kext do you mean ATI INIT only or I have to install ATI5000.KEXT, ATIX3000.KEXT, ATIFRAMEBUFFERT.KEXT, etc??? (Please I am a newbie and need a little more specific instructions about it)

Do I have to install my DSDT, Chamaleon (from [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]), and PCEFI too???

Thanks for your help!!

You have to install all kexts.

If you install the first kexts (ATISupport.kext, ATIFramebuffer.kext and ATI5000COntroller.kext) in S/L/E (for that use kexthelper). The ATY_init have to be in E/E. Then use kext utility. Restart. Then you have to install the other kexts in S/L/E (also via KextHelper). Then use Kext Utility again. Restart and it should work. :unsure:

Greetz

Thanks for your help!!

Oh i forgot you´ve to set GraphicsEnabler=no in boot.plist.

Greetz

You have to install all kexts.

If you install the first kexts (ATISupport.kext, ATIFramebuffer.kext and ATI5000COntroller.kext) in S/L/E (for that use kexthelper). The ATY_init have to be in E/E. Then use kext utility. Restart. Then you have to install the other kexts in S/L/E (also via KextHelper). Then use Kext Utility again. Restart and it should work. ;)

Greetz

Oh i forgot you´ve to set GraphicsEnabler=no in boot.plist.

Greetz

Thanks a lot! I have this a little more clear. I only would like to know what you mean when you say Then you have to install the other kexts in S/L/E (also via KextHelper). I think that you mean the kext for example to audio, MB, etc.. Am I right?

If it will not work I would like to prove Trauma boot... where I have to put boot file??

Thank you very much! I will try.

Thanks a lot! I have this a little more clear. I only would like to know what you mean when you say Then you have to install the other kexts in S/L/E (also via KextHelper). I think that you mean the kext for example to audio, MB, etc.. Am I right?

If it will not work I would like to prove Trauma boot... where I have to put boot file??

Thank you very much! I will try.

With "then you have to install the other kexts in S/L/E" i meen this files:

ATIRadeonX3000.kext, ATIRadeonX3000GA.plugin, ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle, ATIRadeonX3000VADriver.bundle (this files are to enable qe/ci)

When you try trauma´s bootfile you´ve to put it into the root of your OS partition.

If you try it with this bootfile look in S/L/E if there is a kext called smbiosresolver. If it is remove it or you will get an kernel panic from it.

But i´m sure it will work with aty_init..... ;)

With "then you have to install the other kexts in S/L/E" i meen this files:

ATIRadeonX3000.kext, ATIRadeonX3000GA.plugin, ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle, ATIRadeonX3000VADriver.bundle (this files are to enable qe/ci)

When you try trauma´s bootfile you´ve to put it into the root of your OS partition.

If you try it with this bootfile look in S/L/E if there is a kext called smbiosresolver. If it is remove it or you will get an kernel panic from it.

But i´m sure it will work with aty_init..... :P

Thank you very much! I will cross my fingers and I will do it. My main problem to prove intalling kext is that if I failed, I don´t know why, my computer doesn´t restart in safe mode (-x) or in "terminal mode" (-s), so I have to reinstall all again. I don´t know if this could be my computer's problem or if it is something usual. I can´t use TIME MACHIE to do a backup either. So I reisntall everything and will do your steps.

One last question please (excuse me for my persistant) in what moment of this process is good that I use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install my DSDT or is better don´t install it? Do I have to install PCEFI too?? I think that yes but if you could confirm me... ;)

Thanks a lot! :D

I finally managed to get it working on MSI R5770 HAWK (which is a great card because it is extremely quiet)

I uploaded the Files I used here: http://najekdub.macbay.de/downloads/ATI5770HAWK32BIT.zip

Best Le jean,

My respect and thanks for the files! My msi 5770 PM1G works great with 1920x1080p using dvi connection.

Greatings,

Captain T

then you have to install the other kexts in S/L/E" i meen this files:

my ketxs all load fine but still no QE/CI anyone know why?

HIS 5830

post-525822-1283612769_thumb.jpg

Chiming in:

i7 920 oc'd to 4ghz (says 3.8 in OSX)

dw7wk2.jpg

8xtylf.jpg

I am using boot7 with some a Sapphire 5770 rom. I have an XFX 5770.

Where's this custom sapphire rom at? I think it should be higher. Cinebench says I'm using 2 cores and 4 threads. Somethings fishy. 64-bit is enabled.

A huge thanks to everyone contributing to this thread. Your sleepless nights saved me a bunch of time.

I upgraded from a EVGA GTS 250 1GB with EFI string and vanilla kexts. After the ease of the 250, I was a bit anxious about the RADEON 5850.

I booted to Win7 to extract my card's ROM, but then found that GIGABYTE had the same file easily downloadable from their support site. I renamed the file to 1002_6899.rom . I figured I'd try using the actual ROM from the card first, vs. one from another vendor. I have to wonder if a slower 5850 would OC to 765 with this ROM file.

On my clone drive, I removed the EFI string, added the ROM file to /Extra, installed boot9, and updated my com.apple.boot.plist to include UseAtiROM=yes. GraphicsEnabler=Yes was already present. Success.

I did note some flicker and screen-blackouts. User posts on netkas' site indicated the same problem, and the solution of toggling the screen resolution (to anything and back again).

I selected the GIGABYTE GV-R585OC-1GD Radeon HD 5850 with a factory OC of 765MHz. I was concerned about it being a PCI-E 2.1 non-reference card, but the recently reduced price was hard to ignore. Very nice card. Impressive cooler.

Here's the results:

post-440440-1283656669_thumb.png

Worth noting, on Win7 with the 8.7 driver my CB result was 39.16. Win7 with the 8.762 driver: 78.95!

post-440440-1283656735_thumb.png

I'm confused as to why this is reporting 850MHz, and that my card is a prototype. Kinda cool.

post-440440-1283656750_thumb.png

A huge thanks to everyone contributing to this thread. Your sleepless nights saved me a bunch of time.

I upgraded from a EVGA GTS 250 1GB with EFI string and vanilla kexts. After the ease of the 250, I was a bit anxious about the RADEON 5850.

I booted to Win7 to extract my card's ROM, but then found that GIGABYTE had the same file easily downloadable from their support site. I renamed the file to 1002_6899.rom . I figured I'd try using the actual ROM from the card first, vs. one from another vendor. I have to wonder if a slower 5850 would OC to 765 with this ROM file.

On my clone drive, I removed the EFI string, added the ROM file to /Extra, installed boot9, and updated my com.apple.boot.plist to include UseAtiROM=yes. GraphicsEnabler=Yes was already present. Success.

I did note some flicker and screen-blackouts. User posts on netkas' site indicated the same problem, and the solution of toggling the screen resolution (to anything and back again).

I selected the GIGABYTE GV-R585OC-1GD Radeon HD 5850 with a factory OC of 765MHz. I was concerned about it being a PCI-E 2.1 non-reference card, but the recently reduced price was hard to ignore. Very nice card. Impressive cooler.

Here's the results:

post-440440-1283656669_thumb.png

Worth noting, on Win7 with the 8.7 driver my CB result was 39.16. Win7 with the 8.762 driver: 78.95!

post-440440-1283656735_thumb.png

I'm confused as to why this is reporting 850MHz, and that my card is a prototype. Kinda cool.

post-440440-1283656750_thumb.png

agh. how do i get cinebench to say i have 4 cores and 8 threads? When I go to my system information it says I have 4 cores. It's bugging me!

agh. how do i get cinebench to say i have 4 cores and 8 threads? When I go to my system information it says I have 4 cores. It's bugging me!

That may be a little off-topic. Check System Profiler/Hardware Overview. Does it list the CPU info the same way as Cinebench? Your CB-CPU score is a little low for a fully utilized 4GHz i7.

If Sys Profiler says 2/4 too, look to your DSDT and com.apple.boot.plist file for possible causes. BTW, It would be helpful to include more of your system's config info in your signature.

excuse me, but I don't understand:

i've a gigabyte ga-p55a-ud4 motherboard, bios f12, DSDT in place, and a gigabyte "bat-mobile" hd5770;

i'm using aty_init, vervet framebuffer, 32 bit mode, graphicsenabler= no. i've not installed the apple graphics update.

can anyone please explain me what's the best method for me to get the vga running "better"? i'm interested in 64 bit boot (i'm using 1 monitor via dvi)

thank you very much for your work!

I don't see the point to use SMBIOSResolver nowadays ?! Chameleon does it fine, and automaticly... If you really want custom SMBIOS settings you can use smbios.plist.

So go ahead and let shoot the resolver :) (respect to Superhai)

Hi Mr Trauma, Off topic but important...

I was on Cartri's forum whilst I eagerly await something from him in respect of a bios for the GA-EX58A-UD3R rev2.

My bit - Hi Cartri – Cannot wait for your bios for the GA-X58A-UD3R – please have a look at trauma’s fix for new ATI 5XXX series cards – it works here fine with an R5770 MSI Hawk now running in 64bit…

He came back with this comment.

"Please dont let Trauma forget to tell us more about that before next release Talk to him, he is knows a guy who works very close to us in the project. Thanks!"

I am only The Messenger - and am concerned that some people with commercial interests use these forums to steal ideas to make money please do all possible to stop people using your time and expertise for personal gain!

Chiming in:

i7 920 oc'd to 4ghz (says 3.8 in OSX)

dw7wk2.jpg

8xtylf.jpg

I am using boot7 with some a Sapphire 5770 rom. I have an XFX 5770.

Where's this custom sapphire rom at? I think it should be higher. Cinebench says I'm using 2 cores and 4 threads. Somethings fishy. 64-bit is enabled.

Congrats

to the fastest results so far with an HD 5770 :):):):)

I knew that these i Cpus @ 4 GHz will kill an old Q 9550 soon :):):)

and yes ... I think you could go even higher ....

So far I couldn`t go faster than 36, 7 in Sponza

7,0 in midbench

and 38, 13 Fps in Cinebench

thats the end of the story for Quad 9550 CPUs @3,5

Your question : Where is this custom sapphire rom at ?

Tried a lot of these TPU roms and then edited one of the earlier sapphire roms @ techpowerup

and flashed it with RB 125 and WinFlash exactly to my needs..nothing fancy - no higher gpu or ram speeds

just uvd 300/800 - for win 7 HDTV and 20 % fanspeed , cause i use my rig as a HTPC.

best

armin

Yepp I too find you must go higher with a full i 7

got 73 fr. with a Hd 5770 * Q 9550 @ 3,5 Win 7 *catalyst 10.8

Hello all,

So I have an XFX 5770, works like a dream. Churns through games I only wished I could play a few days ago. But I have an issue:

Whenever I wake from screensaver, or wake the display from sleep, the mouse curser jumps when in motion every second or so, and only a restart fixes the problem. After a restart everything is gravy for as long as the display is awake, but once it sleeps and wakes, choppy curser returns. Small annoyance I know, but an annoyance none-the less. I have read this thread and haven't seen the same issue and was hoping someone had an answer.

Heres my specs:

Hazard 10.6.2 w/vanilla updated to 10.6.4

Graphics update 1.0 installed prior to 5770

ATI Driver package and ATY_init

Vervet FB (Downloaded the entire MSI Hawk 5770 driver zip from osx86project hcl http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.6.3)

This package was the only one that allowed a smooth curser direct from boot, all other methods lead to kp or choppy mouse and/or video. The XFX info under this entry on the hcl did not work.

I have not changed the rom as I am not running Windows.

Any ideas as to what the issue is or how to solve? Sorry to sound like a n00b but i'm stuck.

hello!

I had hd 5770 and it works using ATY_init from netkas but only at 32 bit (but that's not the problem).

The problem is that the video lags for 0,1 seconds every 3 seconds and I can't fix it!

Do you know how I can solve it??

I tried with legacy kernel and vanilla kernel but the problem still remains...

I don't have any idea to fix it!

thank you in advance for your patience!

Using Trauma!'s boot 9

Installed using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] ATI-5xxx-3 and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] ([url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] not DSDT).

Once I did all the updates only had to add the audio kexts and boo9 (otherwise black screen and 100% fan)

With boot9 and the GFX ROM (pulled from Win7) I had to boot with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. Only have two minor issues to resolve:

1) Won't boot into 64 bit unless I pass arch=x86_64 during boot

com.apple.Bppt.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseAtiROM</key>

<string>yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

2) No sound out the digital coax out nor the rear speaker jacks. Currently have to use the front speaker jack. this is a minor annoyance. It could probably be resolved using DSDT. All ports appear to show up in the sound system panel, just no output.

Trauma!, thanks for the hard work. How can one contribute, in whatever way possible?

Congrats

to the fastest results so far with an HD 5770 :D:(:):)

I knew that these i Cpus @ 4 GHz will kill an old Q 9550 soon :):):)

and yes ... I think you could go even higher ....

So far I couldn`t go faster than 36, 7 in Sponza

7,0 in midbench

and 38, 13 Fps in Cinebench

thats the end of the story for Quad 9550 CPUs @3,5

Your question : Where is this custom sapphire rom at ?

Tried a lot of these TPU roms and then edited one of the earlier sapphire roms @ techpowerup

and flashed it with RB 125 and WinFlash exactly to my needs..nothing fancy - no higher gpu or ram speeds

just uvd 300/800 - for win 7 HDTV and 20 % fanspeed , cause i use my rig as a HTPC.

best

armin

It's the one he posted here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...802&st=400#

I did this and then the graphics update, not sure if that changes anything. I'm still rather new to this. I'm going to make some changes and repost my results soon.

Thanks!

I did this and then the graphics update, not sure if that changes anything. I'm still rather new to this. I'm going to make some changes and repost my results soon.

Thanks!

Thats a very fine rig . The i 7 920/930 are phantastic CPUs. Look over @ macrumors . With the brandnew unboxed Macpros and an HD 5770 , they get 26 fr. in Cinebench .

Thats far away from my 38 and your 40 fr.

In my findings its not so easy to flash other ROMs to a Sapphire ATI HD 5770

there is always the problem of correct RAM timings (as I described in a former post)

and for a 128 bit graphiccard correct (and fast) RAM timings are crucial

Its weird :when I flashed some other ROMs sometimes the performance in OpenGl and OpenCL

went down by 10 -30 % . I dont know if its my card (one of the early Sapphire rev. 3)

but I will look into your supplied bios if there are differences to my custom bios.

So far if I were you I would keep my current config. It took me 2 days to get really fast results

with my Q 9550 grandpa. ;)

I come back in spring with a new rig and with one of the Intel "Sandy Bridge " CPUs.

For now I wont change my trusty 2,5 year old EP45 - q 9550 combo , if needed i always

can squeeze a nice 10000 score in geekbench out of it .... :blink:

and @ HTPC speed its stable , stays cool @35 ° C , and with a bios mod and an arctic 10 $ cooler the HD 5770 and the whole system is dead silent.

best

as

yepp

pretty good for a stock i 920

a Quad 9550 will give you one frame/sec less @ 2,66

the i cpus scale pretty well

wished I had one , but for now I wait for the next generation Intel CPUs

in spring "Sandy" is coming and I gonna flash her..