ATI HD 5770

ralfhome

1,160 posts in this topic

well it didn't work without dsdt.

and my dsdt doesn't even have a gfx0, so that rules your suggestion out.

nice try though.

For Intel Gigabyte mother boards:

If there is no DSDT.aml in /Extra, you need to add "PCIRootUID=1" in com.apple.Boot.plist in order to load graphics driver via "GraphicsEnabler=Yes."

<key>PCIRootUID</key>

<string>1</string>

Also, you need "ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext" or others like this in /E/E otherwise you will get CMOS reset.

Please try both using 1002_68b8.rom and not using 1002_68b8.rom.

If there is no DSDT.aml in /Extra, you need to add "PCIRootUID=1" in com.apple.Boot.plist in order to load graphics driver via "GraphicsEnabler=Yes."

<key>PCIRootUID</key>

<string>1</string>

Also, you need "ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext" or others like this in /E/E otherwise you will get CMOS reset.

Please try both using 1002_68b8.rom and not using 1002_68b8.rom.

no disrespect, but the level of refinements in the dsdt that I have gotten from TonyMacX86 is far beyond the level of knowledge you have mentioned about the real time clock kext, pcirootuid, etc. Just making it clear. I know what I'm doing.

Getting back to the point, ym computer works 100% fine with the bios, and without bios, it does not work.

i have 5 kexts operational (you can see my sig), and 1 dsdt along with trauma's boot file. other than that I do not need anything else to make my mac os x installation fully functional.

(Except I have an i3, i need to wait for 10.6.5 to recognize the CPU, and I see only 4 DIMMS out of 6)

Try boot9 it's working great here. Still need to add the rom file for the moment.

With much respect to Tmongkol's works and finding, trust me there no advantage at all to use this DSDT code. Injecting device-properties inside ACPI is handy in some cases, but it's not the way it as to be done.

First of ALL: Thank you SO much for all the time and effort you have put into this project. It is amazing what you've accomplished, the whole core of it appears to be 3-4 of you...

I spent a large part of the day carefully reading through this topic and my 5770 card is working perfectly. Although I'm not getting any sound at all, although that is a completely different issue.

I do have some questions which I hope you will be willing/able to answer...

1. I also have an ATI HD 4650 as well (that seems to be the only way to have get HDMI (1920x1080+sound) output to my TV in addition to my dual 1920x1080 monitors using Windows 7). From what I can understand it will not be possible to get QE/CI on both cards- it seems the ATIRadeon2000X & 3000X want to load into the same memory or something. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

2. I would also like to be able to get sound from my 4650, I've seen that a number of you have gotten it from the 5770. I'm not clear on whether it is the result of better hackintoshers with more knowledge, or an improvement in Apple's underlying code/driver, or if it is a feature only available on the 5xxx series in OSX. Is that something that could be encoded in the boot file or the DSDT as you two have been doing?

3. I know from prior experience that my 4650 (1002_9498) needs motmot to work properly and give output to HDMI (my 4670 which is in another machine now, however requires Peregrine)- unfortunately, although your boot file properly recognizes my card as 4650, it assigns the peregrine framebuffer to my 4650 not motmot- which renders the card useless. Is there any other way I could change that? I've looked in the plists of the kexts and didn't find anything. Did I miss it?

I have seen other requests for your modified version of ATI.c but I have not seen you post that. Would you be willing to make that change for me and assign motmot to device 9498, or supply me with your ati.c so I may do so myself (and possibly also make the necessary changes to enable HDMI sound as well)?

Any help/assistance/direction that are willing to share with me is greatly appreciated!

Hi all!

I have a ATI SAPPHIRE 512 MB DDR5 on my computer. I have install CHAMALEON HD5000 and put the rom for my graphic card into /extra folder. I have edited my boot.plist too with the useatirom and graphicsenabler.

Then I have installed the kext wich is http://www.darwinx86.net/forum/10-actualit...10&start=10.

After that my system can´t boot. At the start I get my screen black with "NO SIGNAL" on my screen. My fan was working at this moment. I had to push my POWER BUTTON to close my PC.

I don´t know what I can do. I have installed a a SL 10.6 retail + combo update. I can´t install graphics update because I get KP.

I have seen when start in verbose mode something like a problem with "ROOT PCI" or something similar.

Please, help me because I have got my SL working very well with the except of my graphic card, but without my graphic card I can´t use it because I want to use FINAL CUT, PHOTOSHOP etc....

Thanks everybody!

Hi Tmongkul (hat off ...)

Success

After I tried all to get 64 bit working with Cartris MacBios 0.8 with my custom flashed HD 5770, and the supplied cartri bootloader

(he uses RC 5 build r168 with a modified script from Dr.Hurts Cham 2RC5-pre8) to no avail .

(always inserting wrong 4xxx framebuffer motmot without HDMI support on second monitor)

and boot 7, boot 8, boot 9 didn´t work for me as well with this bios (not Traumas fault , I realized) ....

I finally reinstalled Aseres 1.9 mod. BL (Vervet support)- credit Tmongkul and

BINGO

Perfect so far - 64 bit - Cartris bios works - no DSDT - no Ati .ROM- no VBios and HDMI works

+ 100 score in Geekbench * + 1 frame in Cinebench * 8 sec bootime * only 2kexts in /E * system flies

isn`t it nice :

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>Kernel</key>
 <string>mach_kernel</string>
 <key>Kernel Flags</key>
 <string></string>
 <key>PCIRootUID</key>
 <string>1</string>

Thanx

as

Hey,

I have my HD5770 working almost fully on 10.6.4, but the only thing holding me back is that I can only boot with the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] ATI 5xxx -3 disc inserted. If I try to use the boot loader included with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] my PC just restarts. When I use the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] disk I have full QE/CI, so I know its a problem with the boot loader, not the graphics card. Does anyone know how I can be able to boot from the Hard Drive?

Thanks

Hello,

I got it working with the boot9 file + rom :)

There is just one problem, when i start in 64 bit mode with bootflag -force64 almost every Software crashes. It is the same error like the cpuid is not patched.....

What can i do???

Would be really nice if someone can help me :blink:

Thx

Hey,

I have my HD5770 working almost fully on 10.6.4, but the only thing holding me back is that I can only boot with the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] ATI 5xxx -3 disc inserted. If I try to use the boot loader included with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] my PC just restarts. When I use the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] disk I have full QE/CI, so I know its a problem with the boot loader, not the graphics card. Does anyone know how I can be able to boot from the Hard Drive?

Thanks

I was also unable to boot without [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] even with ATY_Init.kext and the ATI kexts installed. I was finally able to boot from the hard drive directly after copying Preboot.dmg from [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] into /Extra on the Mac OS drive with Chameleon installed. Preboot.dmg is hidden in /Extra in [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], so you will have to use Terminal or show hidden files.

There are apparently some kexts in the Extensions.mkext file in Preboot.dmg that my system needs. Even if I extract those kexts and install them in /Extra/Extensions, I'm unable to boot without Preboot.dmg. I have tried various boot files, with ATY_Init and without, various framebuffers, with ROM and without. The only solution that has worked for me is to copy Preboot.dmg into /Extra.

sch8mid,

Have you gotten your card to work without VBIOS?

It seems you like you are not using Trauma's bootfile.

Could you tell me your method, and maybe the links to the respective threads or download link?

Thank you.

Hi LOLmoe

No , I admire Traumas work and skills very much , there must be an incompability

between Cartris Macbios and his bootfile . I tried boot 7, 8 and 9 and had KP .

I am pretty sure , that with an original Giga bios boot /9 would have worked fine for me.

And..Cartri seems to have modified the Cham bootloader slightly .

But I didn´t want to go back to a legacy Gigabyte bios , cause i had absolutely no issues with cartris Macbios , in fact its fine working without any DSDTs and with only 2 Kexts in E/.

So I tried my old way that worked before :

If you look in this thread (I think beginning with page 6 /7 you will find

Aseres Bootloader 1.9 modified by Tmongkul (Asere 1.9 Vervet)

Tried it , threw out all ati.roms , Vbios enabler, DSDTs etc.

and bootet only with Graphics enabler : yes and PCIRootUID=1 and it worked right out of the box.

best

armin

(always inserting wrong 4xxx framebuffer motmot without HDMI support on second monitor)

Actually, it's interesting that it varies which framebuffer is needed for 4600 series cards- I take it you have both a 5700 series & a 4600 series card? I do... I have a 4650 and a 5770. I also have a 4670 in another computer. The two 4600 cards are both HIS, the 4670 needs peregrine framebuffer to get digital signal, but the 4650 needs motmot for me to get HDMI signal. That's what I need now... Otherwise the boot9 file works great for me!

Catri doesn't have a custom bios for my board yet, so we'll see what happens when it's ready.

i take back what i said tmongkol i apologize, it hought you were pointing out something else. as originally, no disrespect intended. i apologize again.

thanks.

and sch8mid, got your pm, gonna try out now. are there any other boot loaders that loads up vervet framebuffer for 5770s?

Hi Tmongkul (hat off ...)

Success

After I tried all to get 64 bit working with Cartris MacBios 0.8 with my custom flashed HD 5770, and the supplied cartri bootloader

(he uses RC 5 build r168 with a modified script from Dr.Hurts Cham 2RC5-pre8) to no avail .

and boot 7, boot 8, boot 9 didn´t work for me as well with this bios (not Traumas fault , I realized) ....

I finally reinstalled Aseres 1.9 mod. BL (Vervet support)- credit Tmongkul and

BINGO

Perfect so far - 64 bit - Cartris bios works - no DSDT - no Ati .ROM- no VBios and HDMI works

+ 100 score in Geekbench * + 1 frame in Cinebench * 8 sec bootime * only 2kexts in /E * system flies

isn`t it nice :

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
 <string>Yes</string>
 <key>Kernel</key>
 <string>mach_kernel</string>
 <key>Kernel Flags</key>
 <string></string>
 <key>PCIRootUID</key>
 <string>1</string>

Thanx

as

Thanks for this info. I look forward to Catri's bios for the GA-X58A-UD3R ver 2.0 bios - he's working on X58s now.

Out of interest how many spins of the wheel do you get at startup?

With a DSDT I am now down to 18.

Tks

Thanks for this info. I look forward to Catri's bios for the GA-X58A-UD3R ver 2.0 bios - he's working on X58s now.

Out of interest how many spins of the wheel do you get at startup?

With a DSDT I am now down to 18.

Tks

I got 12 min. -14 max. spins with a 3 years old Hitachi 750 GB /7200 HD (but rather fast in IOs) .Hitting the Cham. HD select button desktop comes up in under 10sec (rather new installed and lean,only Aperture as programm and some benchmarkprogs. )

I am pretty sure that with your SSD as system HD and a clean system you will be under 10 spins.

Remember that boot-times are hard to compare. As a fan of lean systems my OS X 10.6.4 and Win 7 are stripped to the bare minimum :-)

best

armin

Where are boot7, boot8, boot9?? I would like to prove it. How I have to install it?? I have to place in Extra folder or replace boot.plist???

Please help me, I want to try it with ATI SAPPHIRE 512 MB RAM DDR5.

I have to use ROM too??

When I restart I get black screen and fun 100%.....

Hello,

One question again.....

I used the standardrom for my graphicscard. (It is an OC Edition)

But i saw that it just is overclocked in windows by high perfomance energie settings.

Does OS X uses these settings or should i entry the overclocked mhz into the boot setting (in the software to create roms)?

Thx again

I was also unable to boot without [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] even with ATY_Init.kext and the ATI kexts installed. I was finally able to boot from the hard drive directly after copying Preboot.dmg from [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] into /Extra on the Mac OS drive with Chameleon installed. Preboot.dmg is hidden in /Extra in [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], so you will have to use Terminal or show hidden files.

There are apparently some kexts in the Extensions.mkext file in Preboot.dmg that my system needs. Even if I extract those kexts and install them in /Extra/Extensions, I'm unable to boot without Preboot.dmg. I have tried various boot files, with ATY_Init and without, various framebuffers, with ROM and without. The only solution that has worked for me is to copy Preboot.dmg into /Extra.

THANK YOU ;)

It worked perfectly

Hey ...this is really fun in 64 bit with my aged Q 9550

Set NEW RECORD for ATI HD 5770 in smalluxgpu bench : Sponza : 36 sec.

post-253749-1283424458_thumb.png post-253749-1283424560_thumb.png

now i5 - i7 users you may easily beat it :P and for a 3 year old CPU this Cinebench is not shabby too at all :

hi, i don't have no anwers for that... :P i have the MSI Hawk HD5770.

why can't I use my HDMI cabe ? it works perfectly under windows, but not in OSX.

secondly, i have Team Fortress 2 but i can't run it correctly, it have very very low fps, and i run it smoothly in windows.

anyone can help? i have take the drivers from here :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...205802-200.html

post by le jean

hi, i don't have no anwers for that... :P i have the MSI Hawk HD5770.

why can't I use my HDMI cabe ? it works perfectly under windows, but not in OSX.

secondly, i have Team Fortress 2 but i can't run it correctly, it have very very low fps, and i run it smoothly in windows.

anyone can help? i have take the drivers from here :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...205802-200.html

post by le jean

I think i read apple know the problems because of Team Fortress and will solve the bug in 10.6.5.

But you´ve qe/cl or?

Greetz