ATI HD 5770

ralfhome

1,160 posts in this topic

i think i will get by for a year and abit then think of upgrading as this one cost me a bit for everything :(

yepp

pretty good for a stock i 920

a Quad 9550 give you one frame/sec less @ 2,66

the i cpus scale pretty well

wished I had one , but for now I wait for the next generation Intel CPUs

in spring "Sandy" is coming and I gonna flash here..

you still have a decent system trust me, i went from a q6600

i think i will get by for a year and abit then think of upgrading as this one cost me a bit for everything :(

you still have a decent system trust me, i went from a q6600

Totally right ...these benches are just for fun and to see if everything went right

after some OS modifications.

best

as

hi, i don't have no anwers for that... :P i have the MSI Hawk HD5770.

why can't I use my HDMI cabe ? it works perfectly under windows, but not in OSX.

secondly, i have Team Fortress 2 but i can't run it correctly, it have very very low fps, and i run it smoothly in windows.

anyone can help? i have take the drivers from here :

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...205802-200.html

post by le jean

You are doing nothing wrong but you are not aware of both windows and macosx as gaming platforms. Macosx just got steam and source engine which is not very well optimised and also there are problems related to the graphic drivers which come with snow leopard. You simply have to lower your resolution in order to get better fps rates. I am on a new mac pro atm and i must say tf2 doesn't provide me same experience as on windows. I hope it will be better but it will surely take time.

hi all

good news

i made boot file from latest trunk rev 492

how i did it

first choose frambuffer for my card for test

and work good but only two displays

second how to enable third display

it is funny

just

all lines

contain identical words but differ in 0 , 1

add third line with 2

if you readed source you will understand

it worked for me

and i only configured 5770

other cards will add them but iwant know best frambuffer for them

i test only first dvi and other connector not tested

this is source

and this boot file

this is only for 5770 dont use it for other cards will not work

good luck

when i add other cards will uplaod it

First of all, thanks for the hard work of everyone on this thread...

I have a x58-ud4p with 3 video cards. 2 x HD5850 overclocked to 940/1200 crossfired and one nVidia 8400GS. At the moment I am using 8400GS when I boot on OSX 10.6.4 and HD5850s when I boot on Win7. I want to use my HD5850s on OSX, but I have some doubts:

1) Will the crossfire create problems, like kernel Panic?

2) Will the overclocked Bios cause some problem?

3) Will I have to disable the crossfire or it will just not work, like it is not there?

4) Will the both cards work (could I plug displays on both)?

5) Is possible to put the kexts of graphics update into extra folder. Will they load on boot? I am thinking to create a USB boot drive, to not have to mess with my setup. But, I am not sure if the will load or if they really need to be on S/L/E.

I know, too much questions at same time... But any help or advice will be really appreciated.

PS: I am planning to use boot 9 and videocard.rom

Thanks in advance

hi all

good news

i made boot file from latest trunk rev 492

good luck

when i add other cards will uplaod it

AWESOME! Thank you so much for sharing the file AND the source file!!! Sincerely :-)

I did note some flicker and screen-blackouts. User posts on netkas' site indicated the same problem, and the solution of toggling the screen resolution (to anything and back again).

In com.apple.boot.plist in /Extra, I set "Graphics Mode" to match the resolution at which I typically run my display. I no longer have to switch resolutions after login to stop the blackouts.

i'm thinking of buying a HD5770.. but I'm not sure which brand should I head for to get the best compatibility . Gigabyte? XFX? Sapphire? :wacko:

yes I too would welcome a general opinion particularly they seem to differ quite a bit particularly for the ports out, which one is most mac like?

are you tried with out ati.rom

Mohamed, I tried your boot file with 3 monitros and it works. I do get about 25 seconds lag at the boot time though (........ appear on the screen). What's the difference bettwen your boot and boot9? Boot9 works with 3 monitors as well.

Mohamed, I tried your boot file with 3 monitros and it works. I do get about 25 seconds lag at the boot time though (........ appear on the screen). What's the difference bettwen your boot and boot9? Boot9 works with 3 monitors as well.

ididnt readed source of boot9

so icant know the diff

and what do you mean

I do get about 25 seconds lag at the boot time though (........ appear on the screen)

ididnt readed source of boot9

so icant know the diff

and what do you mean

I do get about 25 seconds lag at the boot time though (........ appear on the screen)

Sorry, my fault, the lag is caused by new motherboard BIOS (FB). I updated the BIOS on my GA-X58-UD3R and it slowed down boot by 20 seconds putting dots ...... on the screen before I see Chameleon loader, not sure why. Your boot file does work though extending to additional 2 monitors. I was using boot9 and didn't notice any difference.

Where did you access rev 492 that you mentioned in your previous post?

thanks!

Sorry, my fault, the lag is caused by new motherboard BIOS (FB). I updated the BIOS on my GA-X58-UD3R and it slowed down boot by 20 seconds putting dots ...... on the screen before I see Chameleon loader, not sure why. Your boot file does work though extending to additional 2 monitors. I was using boot9 and didn't notice any difference.

thanks!

ok

did you tested boot file with out ati.rom

and here is source

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleo...urce/tree/HEAD/

ok

did you tested boot file with out ati.rom

and here is source

http://forge.voodooprojects.org/p/chameleo...urce/tree/HEAD/

Doesn't work without ATI rom file. I get black screen + highspeed fan. If you need me to test something let me know, I have exact replica of custom mac-pro 2010 per this link (except my video card is Sapphire 5770) http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/08/bui...c-pro-2010.html

are you tried with out ati.rom

Tried and failed. Only netkas' ATY_init works without supplying a ROM.

But I don't mind using a ROM as sleep mode is working with this card and bootloader. :P I've got a 100% perfectly working Hack now!

Tried and failed. Only netkas' ATY_init works without supplying a ROM.

But I don't mind using a ROM as sleep mode is working with this card and bootloader. :P I've got a 100% perfectly working Hack now!

I sporadically get KP when shutting down the system (about 50% of the time).

Doesn't work without ATI rom file. I get black screen + highspeed fan. If you need me to test something let me know, I have exact replica of custom mac-pro 2010 per this link (except my video card is Sapphire 5770) http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/08/bui...c-pro-2010.html

can you

add wait to boot plist

<key>Wait</key>

<string>Yes</string>

and boot with -v

and capture chameleon log :(

i tested boot file on 3 AMD platform and bios extracted successfully and work with out ati.rom

nearly problem related to intel platform

Hi Guys,

first of All thanks alot for the quite impressive work and huge time you put in this which you're sharing with us. I clicked almost thru the whole thread and am following your conversation for the last few days.

I already spent almost a week desperately trying to get the last part of my newly built machine to work which is a

Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770 1G // SKU 11163-05-20R - Packaging says OC Version / Overclock edition

Setup is a Gigabyte GA X58A-UD7 rev.2 having current non beta BIOS

Vanilla install with 10.6.4 Combo Update using current [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] with custom DSDT for this Board from tonymacx86 (minimal edit as they call it)

Can use only VESA mode running in 32bit mode, Extra folder has only fakesmc; IONetworking and Legacy889HDA for LAN and Audio which works.

Whatever i tried yet, using GraphicsEnabler always generates that kind of panic on the Graphics board with Fan at full speed and red LED on the Sapphire card.

Whenever i have the ATI Kexts from Leo Graphics Update installed it leads to common KP with ATIx3000 kext.

Using some Kombinations of ATY_init and other ATI Kexts made the system Boot but without video signal after driver got loaded. System behaved normal, playing alert sounds and even going to sleep and properly waking up, which doesnt work at all when running gfx without driver in VESA mode. Just no video output trying booth DVIs and the DVI2VGA Adapter connected as some wrote.

I saw at least tmongkol has the same card and managed it to make it work and would be very gratefull for any help.

I did try using custom bootloader with GraphicsEnable (led to panic on gfx card) but not yet using ROMs because i didnt really understand how this is intended to work. No idea how to get the VBIOS from the card and how to setup bootloader to use it whatsoever. Quite confusing to me.

I'm willing to try everything, should be able to provide any needed information and would write a tutorial if i manage to make it work to give something back.

Im handy with the terminal, know some c and other basics, not a total noob. Just cant completly dig into this whole issue since i dont completly understand how stuff interacts.

Halp please! :(

beginning to have a hard time during the day at work cause I'm spending nights sitting reading and tinkering with the setup :(

thanks!

Hi - I had this problem which was due to first boot device being CD rather than HardDisk in BIOS - check that for starters as the delay is likely due to BIOS looking for CD to boot from...

@ decoratiff

add this key to boot.plist

<key>UseAtiROM</key>

<string>Yes</string>

and rename

your gfx bios you extracted from windows by gpuz to

1002_68b8.rom

and paste it to extra folder

Hey Mohamed, thanks alot for the hint ;)

After reading your post I also found a russian post here http://www.applelife.ru/topic/26012-hd5770/ laying down all the steps and i got it straight.

I got the ROM File from my card using gpuz, used boot7 and installed the leo graffics update.

And Finally :) During boot Shortly a message "bios detected" or something like this appears and no more panics occur on the gfx card when GraphicsEnabler is initiated.

It starts to boot, loads a bunch of kexts successfully but then it hangs with the spinning wheel that keeps spinning and nothing happens.

In verbose mode i see some messages from the LAN Kexts, an btree error that i seem to always have during boot but that shouldnt keep the system from starting, but nothing else.

In verbose i can just type and its like a bash showing what im typing but no GUI is comming up, no reaction.

Pressing Powerbutton drops a message every time that machine was prevented from sleep.

So no panics or something but it just doesnt switch to GUI and does not proceed loading.

Interesting btw is that suddenly after having changed boot file, boot plist and placing rom File, i get a kernel panic during install of Graphics Update when its refreshing the kext Caches before its finished and asks for restart.

This never happened before and is now happening all the time which confuses me a bit.

ill try to delete the booth caches and restart, maybe the system hangs because the cache rebuild is not done completly and clean?

Any Ideas anyone?

thanks alot ;)

The Boot.plist looks like this:

<key>Kernel</key>
   <string>mach_kernel</string>
   <key>Kernel Flags</key>
   <string></string>
   <key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
   <string>Yes</string>
   <key>UseAtiROM</key>
   <string>Yes</string>
   <key>Graphics Mode</key>
   <string>1280x1024x32</string>
   <key>Timeout</key>
   <string>1</string>
   <key>Legacy Logo</key>
   <string>Yes</string>
   <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
   <string>Yes</string>

Another thing is, when using Kext Helper he tells me that he found i386 only kexts and therefore builds arch386 caches. So i guess the Kernel is running in 32bit anyway.

Might that be a problem?