ATI HD 5770

ralfhome

1,160 posts in this topic

Did anyone get thier sound working with HDMi only? I have installed the VoodooHDA kexts, but theres no sound coming from the HDMi.

No offense, but either it's just me, or you're choosing not to read the posts. Both I and another member posted that Audio is working through HDMI. Get your audio working first. Use the VoodooHDA found in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 2.0.5. Also, remove any audio kext like AppleHDA or LEgacyHDA or any of the likes if they NEVER worked for you.

Also note of what audio chipset you have.

I have ALC888. The other guy got his to work and I think he has the same chipset.

Jay

I followed the guide...as far as I understand it :) (I'm romanian and I if any romanian wants to explain me in our language please PM me); I've deleted the Nvidia kexts...still no work. Startup in normal mode freezes (black screen, gray screen, artifact screen, KP) and startup in safe-mode works well but no Hardware Acceleration or QE or CI, only resolution can be changed to max and in profiler the card is recognized. I still need help to start-up normally. Please help me. Sorry for my bad English.

OK. Now I made it work, BUT I can't have 1920*1080 (max resolution supported is 1600*1200), why?

Hello, i am currently having problem with my graphic card, i can only set my display to 1024X768, and other things work just fine.

I installed iatkos s3 v2 (version 10.6.3)

My Spec:

ATI Radeon HD 5800 (ASUS Brand)

Core I7 860 @2.80ghz

4Gb RAM

P7P55D PRO

Any one can give any suggestion?

i have been seeking and digging on many sites but still can't find out the suitable driver for me....

Thank you.....

After one week reading my XFX HD 5770 is working in x32 mode, will try later for x64.

My question is if anybody try two HD 5770 at the same time? When I use both the system preferences don't work but I can see the two card on System Profiler. The first card work just fine with both displays, the second card just show artifacts on the display.

How can I fix that?

I saw some tutorial how to do with NVidia cards but I have 2 ATI HD 5770.

Thanks to every one on this topic.

I had the same problem, the trial of SwitchResX and simply force the resolution.

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:68a0]

01:00.1 Audio device [0403]: ATI Technologies Inc Unknown device [1002:aa58]

Anybody get their laptops working with a MOBILE 5870(100268A0)/50, these cards are pretty much 57XX Desktop cards.

With all drivers installed I'll get the 3000x fail, with out it I get the verbose/apple screen forever depending on how I booted.

I can press the power button and the Enter and the laptop will shutdown, so that tells me the things working but the GFX just stop working. Maybe I need some framebuffer magic.? tried a few no help/slash wasted time possibly cause I don't even know if thats the problem.

Hi,

I have a Sapphire Radeon HD5750 1GB. How did you get it working? Does it have full resolution and QE / CI?

Thanks in advance...

I wanted to give an update.. I reinstalled with Tony's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and installed the drivers, my Sapphire 5770 1GB is working beautifully! Using ATY_INT.

Guys please, instead of just going around asking how to get it to work, do a little research please. I just did some for you and guess what...it was right above, about 6-8 posts before this one you are reading right now!

Here you go

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B8c6FQ...hl=en&pli=1

Please search and READ like the ones that have it working are doing.

Yay! I have got my system up and running with the Asus 5770 and updated to 10.6.4. Only problem i have now is that apps are hanging or its taking a long time for me to access anything in SL, in short it feels really sluggish.

Is anyone here experiencing the same problem?

YES i finally got it to work.. :thumbsup_anim: not exactly sure how i did it exactly..it was getting kp's so i went and tried installing everything again and it works.. :D woo hoo.. :D

Shortman

OpenGl extensions viewer

would you and others mind try the test above in Benchmarkmode and show your results

got same results

but incredibly low performance in Benchmarkmode....

thanx

God...

I hope that only one person in the whole community will be so helpful and do the test above.

that we can see if something is wrong with the OpenGl drivers

Hi,

I have a HIS 5770th It works in 32bit.

I install all the drivers + ATY_Init (Netkas.org) to S / L / E.

My com.apple.boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v arch=i386</string>

<key>RestartFix</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Theme</key>

<string>Default</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>3</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Fully functional with HDMI.

Is there a way in 64bit mode?

Sorry for my bad english.

.. please read the thread

beginning with page 7

there is a way with aseres bootloader

I do not understand quite.

I must now delete ATY_Init.kext and then change my com.apple.boot.plist?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=x86_64</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>PCIRootUID</key>

<string>1</string>

</dict>

</plist>

please help. thanks!

Off the topic;

a new mac pro with HD5770 / HD5870.

http://www.apple.com/macpro/

iMac with HD5670 / HD5750

From Apple:

Graphics on display.

Every new Mac Pro graphics card features three display ports for maximum workspace flexibility. Two Mini DisplayPort outputs connect to a pair of Apple LED Cinema Displays with ease. And a dual-link DVI port connects a 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display or other DVI display. And with support for two ATI Radeon HD 5770 cards in the Mac Pro, you can connect more displays — up to six total.

It's interesting how I can get like this.

nice to hear and b.tw. thanx for your 64bit installation tips

worked out of the box !!!

@ XX_ Synt

"tmongkol"

Exactly this is the man and the way to go

please follow his posts carefully in this thread

I did nothing else and it worked

exspecially dont forget the "pciroot" tip in your bootlist.

This was my only KP .

Yeah...when 10.6.5 comes out. Sure you want to wait that long? Lol.

For me the process was simple, grab the kexts from netkas. Change The Framebuffer to Vervet (This allows you to not need a dongle, also allows HDMI out) in the info.plist of ATY_Init, drop all the kexts into /s/l/e/ and run pfix on the OS X partition. set "arch"="i386" as a kernel flag and set "Graphics Enabler"="no".

post-253749-1280301349_thumb.jpg

Now Jas

If you would give the 5770 community a hint , how you were able

to get > 1000 fr. in Benchmarkmode with Multisample on and Anisotropy 16 !!

cause noone besides you and Morpheus/Netkas seems to get more than 150 fr.

This would be incredibly interesting

T.i.a and greets

armin

Hi,i have a problem,

i use 2 monitor 1280 x1024,

But every time you start Snow leopard, one of them goes out and becomes all black with no signs of life, as I do?

I successfully installed the drivers and the acceleration is enabled.