ATI HD 5770

ralfhome

1,160 posts in this topic

you can install the driver in 10.6 but upgrading to 10.6.4 it will work flawless in 32 bit... 10.6 does not fully support the 5000 drivers, it's kinda slow but when i upgraded to 10.6.4 everything seems fast... i used ATY_Init (vervet) and the 7 other files using kext helper b7, set GraphicsEnabler=No using terminal and typed sudo nano /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist and boot in 32bit everything will work... i'm gonna try removing ATY_init and boot in 64bit with GraphicsEnabler=Yes... my card is 5770 by the way... my card before is GTS 250 so i have to remove NV64Enabler in /Extra/Extensions

Thanks for the step, I am wondering, what card you exactly are using. In the past I did buy a card, and it was the one that didn't work, while others have good results with the same brand but different card version.

Please can you tell me what card you are using? I did see on the web and tweakers.nl several different cards under pricewatch?

@Jammol

The same for you what card precisely do you use? So far as I can see, using your signature info, even more choices.

For your both. HDMI is working right? What about sound, using the S/PDIF connection to the card?

I do have a EP45-DS3P mobo and using cartri Bios

Thank you very much.

Sorry only some doubts about this steps (I'm new with MAC and I have just lose a lot of time in installations without good results -> Kernel Panic)

Step1. After the installation of SL 10.6.4 i have found only atiframebuffer and atisupport kexts where I have to search in order to find "5000 and 3000 kexts and ATY_Init" and also I have only to simply delete this files nothing more??

Many thanks in advice

Yes! It's finally works! Thank you! :D

My steps:

1. removed all those 5000 and 3000 kexts and ATY_Init

2. installed Asere_1.1.9_Vervet.pkg without reboot

3. edited com.apple.Boot.plist for GraphicsEnabler=Yes

4. installed all kexts from driver.tar.gz with KextHelper

5. rebooted and it just works (no graphical or mouse glitches)

I successfully achieved full resolution with 5750. Not getting any QI/CE though. Using all six netkas released kext and vervet as frame buffer. I'll be very grateful if anyone can help :shock: .

Thanks for the step, I am wondering, what card you exactly are using. In the past I did buy a card, and it was the one that didn't work, while others have good results with the same brand but different card version.

Please can you tell me what card you are using? I did see on the web and tweakers.nl several different cards under pricewatch?

@Jammol

The same for you what card precisely do you use? So far as I can see, using your signature info, even more choices.

For your both. HDMI is working right? What about sound, using the S/PDIF connection to the card?

I do have a EP45-DS3P mobo and using cartri Bios

Thank you very much.

OKAY.....

This is the card that I have.

XFX HD-577A-ZNFC <---Google it.

I have an HDMI port, a regular Display port, TWO DVI ports. That's it.

I'm running an HDMI cord between my HDTV and my PC. Audio goes through it straight to my TV and then I have it split from my TV to my Logitech 5.1 Surround sound system and to my Powermat gaming chair.

I'm using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 2.0.5 with VoodooHDA from it. In System Preferences it is listed as 'Digital Out(HDMI)'.

That's what I'm using for my audio. I have tried all other kexts but none of them worked for me up until the VoodooHDA found in [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 2.0.5.

Need anything else, PM me.

Jay.

Someone could please help me??

Sorry only some doubts about this steps (I'm new with MAC and I have just lose a lot of time in installations without good results -> Kernel Panic)

Step1. After the installation of SL 10.6.4 i have found only atiframebuffer and atisupport kexts where I have to search in order to find "5000 and 3000 kexts and ATY_Init" and also I have only to simply delete this files nothing more??

Many thanks in advice

Hi Jas, Thanks for answering but unfortunately again i get the gray screen with "press the power to restart" page.

I dont understand this.

Unless i type : "Graphics Mode"="1680x1050x32" GraphicsEnabler=No my system wont boot.

This is what i've done so far.

1) Installed iatkos S3 v2

2) Updated to 10.6.4

3) Added the kext files with kexthelper (using the custom ATY-init.kext with the 5770 edited inside)

4) Added a dvi2vga doggle on my cable and plugged my screen (i only got 1 screen and it uses VGA)

5) Put the iatkos cd inside and boot my pc....

6) Press F8, and select my Mac HD.

So far like i said i only get inside the mac when i type the above text.

My com.apple.Boot.plist is now like the one you gave me :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1680x1050x32@60</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>"arch"="i386"</string>
<key>GUI</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Enabler</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Some people said its in their /Extras folder but i dont have it there. Mine is in Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ folder.

I know its not that of a big deal to type it every time...but if it can be sorted out easily i'd like to do it ;)

-thanks

Hi Jas, Thanks for answering but unfortunately again i get the gray screen with "press the power to restart" page.

I dont understand this.

Unless i type : "Graphics Mode"="1680x1050x32" GraphicsEnabler=No my system wont boot.

This is what i've done so far.

1) Installed iatkos S3 v2

2) Updated to 10.6.4

3) Added the kext files with kexthelper (using the custom ATY-init.kext with the 5770 edited inside)

4) Added a dvi2vga doggle on my cable and plugged my screen (i only got 1 screen and it uses VGA)

5) Put the iatkos cd inside and boot my pc....

6) Press F8, and select my Mac HD.

So far like i said i only get inside the mac when i type the above text.

My com.apple.Boot.plist is now like the one you gave me :

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1680x1050x32@60</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<key>GUI</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Some people said its in their /Extras folder but i dont have it there. Mine is in Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ folder.

I know its not that of a big deal to type it every time...but if it can be sorted out easily i'd like to do it :o

-thanks

You should have two com.apple.boot.plist files. The one you're using is for your MAC itself. The one in /Extra is for chameleon.

Question though about your rebooting issue.

Have you deleted the 4 Nvidia kext files? Delete anything that starts with 'NV'. There should only be four of them max.

I also suggest that you use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] to reinstall chameleon and /extra/com.apple.boot.plist. It should be there once install is done. Just make sure you edit it for graphicsenabler=no.

You shouldn't have to keep inserting your iAtikos disc because it should have installed chameleon, unless you didn't select it during installtion of OSX.

Jay

I wanted to give an update.. I reinstalled with Tony's [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and installed the drivers, my Sapphire 5770 1GB is working beautifully! Using ATY_INT.

You should have two com.apple.boot.plist files. The one you're using is for your MAC itself. The one in /Extra is for chameleon.

Question though about your rebooting issue.

Have you deleted the 4 Nvidia kext files? Delete anything that starts with 'NV'. There should only be four of them max.

I also suggest that you use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] to reinstall chameleon and /extra/com.apple.boot.plist. It should be there once install is done. Just make sure you edit it for graphicsenabler=no.

You shouldn't have to keep inserting your iAtikos disc because it should have installed chameleon, unless you didn't select it during installtion of OSX.

Jay

Hi Jay, no i havent deleted the nvidia kext. i'll wipe them clean on the next boot.

As for the chameleon...i selected chameleon rc4 when i installed the cd. I dont know why it didnt make the /extra file. I'll try with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]. A quick question about this though...i have installed the mac on a partitioned disk...i cut my mp3 HD in two and used 50gig from it for the mac...Will [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] screw up my boot ? Like throw the "select OS to boot from" that is see with the iatkos cd ?

And another thing....lots of my apps just *hang* in the macos... like firefox or Xcode etc...couldnt it be cause of a faulty install ? or will the above fixes do the job ? I am reconsidering a wipe and re-install thats why i am asking. I never had these problems on the leopard 1.5.8...its just weird.

Thanks again

Hi Jay, no i havent deleted the nvidia kext. i'll wipe them clean on the next boot.

As for the chameleon...i selected chameleon rc4 when i installed the cd. I dont know why it didnt make the /extra file. I'll try with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]. A quick question about this though...i have installed the mac on a partitioned disk...i cut my mp3 HD in two and used 50gig from it for the mac...Will [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] screw up my boot ? Like throw the "select OS to boot from" that is see with the iatkos cd ?

And another thing....lots of my apps just *hang* in the macos... like firefox or Xcode etc...couldnt it be cause of a faulty install ? or will the above fixes do the job ? I am reconsidering a wipe and re-install thats why i am asking. I never had these problems on the leopard 1.5.8...its just weird.

Thanks again

PM me with your specs so I can help you better.

I'm going crazy, I managed finally to recognize my 5770 and the Snow 10.6.4

but I can not in any way to set the resolution.

I edited the boot file in the folder "Extra", write up to get 1920x1080 but 1440x1050: (

faith ... someone help me!

thx !!!!!!

How do you know when QE / CI / OpenGL works?

Right now this is what Snow Leopard tells me about my XFX 5770 :

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x68b8

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

Displays:

SONY TV XV:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Television: Yes

Display Connector:

Open Dashboard and add a new widget. If you get that nice effect when you drag n drop it to the screen, then QE/CI works. If it just appears, then it doesn´t.

I found out i didnt have it working.

However googling some more made me find this guide which had it working :

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B8c6FQ...hl=en&pli=1

Basically, when you have full resolution but no QE / CI, you need to install the four other ATIRadeonX3000 kexts, i rebooted after that and BOOM it worked =)

I found out i didnt have it working.

However googling some more made me find this guide which had it working :

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B8c6FQ...hl=en&pli=1

Basically, when you have full resolution but no QE / CI, you need to install the four other ATIRadeonX3000 kexts, i rebooted after that and BOOM it worked =)

I'm happy to hear the guide I created, worked for you. :(

Guys I give up to try on my own so I kindly ask for your help: Please, tell me what am I doing wrong? I've installed ATY_INIT and drivers from netkas.org, I'm using that custom loader, I've disabled GraphicsEnabler from boot.plist.

MY PROBLEM IS: I can't boot-up in normal mode. I get kernel panic.

When I boot-up in safe mode, it works ok but with no QE/CI, so please tell me what am I doing wrong so I can boot in normal mode. Thanks a lot! Waiting for reply.

PS: I'm using a Powercolor ATI HD5770 1GB

Guys I give up to try on my own so I kindly ask for your help: Please, tell me what am I doing wrong? I've installed ATY_INIT and drivers from netkas.org, I'm using that custom loader, I've disabled GraphicsEnabler from boot.plist.

MY PROBLEM IS: I can't boot-up in normal mode. I get kernel panic.

When I boot-up in safe mode, it works ok but with no QE/CI, so please tell me what am I doing wrong so I can boot in normal mode. Thanks a lot! Waiting for reply.

PS: I'm using a Powercolor ATI HD5770 1GB

Did you delete the four NVIDIA kext files in your extensions folder?

If no, I would suggest you take a look at Hacktivist's guide up above!!!

Jay

Did you delete the four NVIDIA kext files in your extensions folder?

If no, I would suggest you take a look at Hacktivist's guide up above!!!

Jay

I followed the guide...as far as I understand it :rolleyes: (I'm romanian and I if any romanian wants to explain me in our language please PM me); I've deleted the Nvidia kexts...still no work. Startup in normal mode freezes (black screen, gray screen, artifact screen, KP) and startup in safe-mode works well but no Hardware Acceleration or QE or CI, only resolution can be changed to max and in profiler the card is recognized. I still need help to start-up normally. Please help me. Sorry for my bad English.

I am no expert but have you tried changing your boot plist to this ?

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1024x768x32@60</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<key>GUI</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Backup your original first

Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770

Apple its time to concentrate a little more on ATI !

I use this card in Win 7 since months and like it

____

Here on my HTPC Hack (10.6.4) with Netkas drivers (hat off)

Not so shabby

OpenCl performance Benchmark HD 5770 (underclocked in bios to 650 MHz)

In ULTRA GPU mode Type 1 :

ATI 5770 : 39 sec.

8800 GTX: 57 sec.

ATI 4850 : 66 sec.

post-253749-1279988465_thumb.png

BUT :

Performance in OpenGL is rather bad (note its in benchmarkmode) : Why ?

could someone shed a light on this ?

post-253749-1280043574_thumb.png