ATI HD 5770

ralfhome

1,160 posts in this topic

Ok, so last time i got back to the desktop in netkas mode and then followed the steps in the post: removed ATY_init, kext caches, installed Asere modified, and then removed the display configuration.

Booted up again in arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=Yes and it KPed again

Try to add PCIRootUID=1

Can you post your com.apple.Boot.plist? What is your mother board and are you using DSDT.aml? Please list the name of kext in /Extra/Extensions.

Trying again, but this time i got a KP when i installed the kexts using the "kext helper b7"

Motherboard is an EP35-DS3P, installed using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Supported from tonymacx86, and then hardened with the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. No custom DSDT.aml. Will post the boot.plist when i next get into a GUI on the machine.

EDIT: WOOHOOOO, thanks tmongkol. Using PCIRootUID=1 made it work.

EDIT2: For reference my Boot.plist is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=x86_64</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>PCIRootUID</key>

<string>1</string>

</dict>

</plist>

and /E/Extensions is

total 0

drwxr-xr-x 9 root wheel 306B 5 Jul 23:44 .

drwxr-xr-x@ 7 root staff 238B 6 Jul 23:37 ..

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102B 30 Oct 2009 EvOreboot.kext

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102B 31 May 23:42 IOUSBFamily.kext

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102B 17 Jul 2009 JMicron36xATA.kext

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102B 23 Mar 06:39 JMicron36xSATA.kext

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102B 22 Aug 2009 LegacyAppleRTC.kext

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102B 22 Aug 2009 NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

drwxr-xr-x 3 root wheel 102B 21 Nov 2009 fakesmc.kext

Edit3: Just plugged in my secondary monitor and it works fine too:

22gr34.png

Edit4: Triple monitors is out. The third knocks out the first when i plug it into the DisplayPort and doesnt work at all when plugged into HDMI (as it shouldnt, the card doesnt support 2 DVI and HDMI at the same time)

Trying again, but this time i got a KP when i installed the kexts using the "kext helper b7"

Motherboard is an EP35-DS3P, installed using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] Supported from tonymacx86, and then hardened with the [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]. No custom DSDT.aml. Will post the boot.plist when i next get into a GUI on the machine.

EDIT: WOOHOOOO, thanks tmongkol. Using PCIRootUID=1 made it work.

EDIT2: For reference my Boot.plist is:

and /E/Extensions is

Edit3: Just plugged in my secondary monitor and it works fine too:

You may use

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

in your com.apple.Boot.plist.

Since you are using LegacyAppleRTC.kext instead of DSDT.aml and using AsereBLN's boot, you need to add PCIRootUID=1. It might be different from previous Chameleon boot loader. You can learn more about AsereBLN's boot.

i dont think really needed switchresx i had it before when i tried to get my lcd TV to work and overscan correctly..but with the 5770 card it overscans like its suppose to..:) and its an LCD tv and i have it hooked hop with an hdmi to dvi adapter..

Thanks I got it.

I also connected LCD TV (HD) by using DVI-HDMI adaptor. I got as the following picture. You may try to reduce the size. This's the first time I saw. Previously I saw Overscan check box for my HD4870. I will try install new driver for HD4870 and see what will be changed.

using HD5770 to LCD TV

post-93383-1278427864_thumb.jpg

compare to using GT220 to LCD TV

post-93383-1278430153_thumb.jpg

hi guys,.. can someone tell me what i have to do?

since i heard from the ne 5xxx drivers, i try to install os x on my machine.

- gigabyte p55-ud3

- i5 750

- 5770 radeon

- 4 gig ram

- sata hd and optical drive

i tried with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and Empire Efi, but everytime i press f5 after inserting Snow Leopard

Retail DVD (The DVD For 29$) i get a kernel panic, says its unable to find driver for platform

ACPI or something.

i did the bios settings and i did try -x.

would be great if someone could help me out with this.

thanks alot

Is this the one from Netkas or a special edited?

its one i used i changed it to vervet and thats about it....i did change it to say xfx 5770 series instead of just ATI Radeon HD 5700 series.. but i changed it back....but that one worked for me....i just took netkas's and change it to vervet..but you can see if it works for you...it worked for me...did you install all of the other files too? That netkas has?

Yepp. Used drivers from netkas und changed in my ATY_init all Uakira to Vervet ... so file will be exactly the same. Do u have 2 dvi ports and only one which is pluged in? or do u use a adaptor or another cable?

im only using one cable with Vervet, working like a charm, i have used dvi to vga, just plain dvi and dvi to hdmi, and had my lcd tv hooked up at the same time as well and it even worked like a charm..im gonna try 2 of my 5770 cards now to see what it does then...

You all seem like pros >.<

But I am a noob soo...

can someone list me the files that would get my Sapphire 5770 that has 1 vga port and 512mb gddr5 to work (btw Netkas told me that the kexts i use would be the same as the 1gb 5770s)

thanks =)

everyone having trouble should boot using -s mode.

mount your drive, delete ATIRadeonX3000.kext and ATISupport.kext so you can then boot to desktop again.

Delete ATY_Init

exit

run kext utility which will repair S/L/E and clear caches

Install tmongkols edited version of Asere Bootloader, install the 7 ATI kexts without ATY_Init

Edit your boot plist to containt GraphicsEnabler=Yes and also remove all boot flags so it boots to 64bit by default.

Then everything should work fine.

2x DVI tested - works

HDMI - works perfect and also as a extended desktop.

If i set GraphicsEnabler=Yes,no mater what else is(flags,booter,kexts)

I'll only get a black screen + full-speed GPU Fan Noise , ,even apple' booting logo wil NOT Show at all

PS:just like when I use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] disc,black screen + full-speed GPU Fan Noise,I had to use a nvdia 7300 to install at first place

I'll only get a black screen + full-speed GPU Fan Noise , ,even apple' booting logo wil NOT Show at all

PS:just like when I use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] disc,black screen + full-speed GPU Fan Noise,I had to use a nvdia 7300 to install at first place

You should provide more detail about your Hardware in Signature. What are kexts in /Extra/Extensions? What are in com.apple.Boot.plist?

Also try swapping your DVI ports if one gives black screen, not sure how your fan would hit full speed.

You should provide more detail about your Hardware in Signature. What are kexts in /Extra/Extensions? What are in com.apple.Boot.plist?

i'll post kexts in /Extra/Extensions is and my com.apple.Boot.plist after i get home.

Hardware in Signature now

this is a very long issue for me

first ,when i try to install SL (10.6.0 disc, should i get a 10.6.3 for test?), i use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]-support from tonymac ,after hit install dvd's icon, I'll only get a black screen + full-speed GPU Fan Noise. swiped 2dvi port ,sitll black.

so i had to found a nvidia 7300le to instal SL first.

after install (10.6.0 or update to 10.6.3 10.6.4 will same), (GraphicsEnabler=y) in boot plist by default , i replace 7300le with my 5750 and get black + fan noise again.

i had to change GraphicsEnabler=n ,then i can get into gui with 1024*768.

when GraphicsEnabler=y ,i can't do anything at all.

PS: i try to remove DSDT or kexts in extra also, no help, black + fan noise alway follow me :censored2:

anyway, i finaly get it work by using ATY_Init.kext (modified Vervet as framebuffer)

so GraphicsEnabler=y or n isn't bother me anymore .

but i can't use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]-support to boot into the SL install dvd is a BIG issue for me ,i can't use it to backup my system by make .dmg images ,could some other Boot disc may i Try ? or any other backup tools support HFS+ ?

I just want to put my two cents in.

I've got an XFX HD5770 1GB card and it's running with full everything in 64 bit mode.

I followed these steps.

- I have a EP45-UD3P v1.6 and I installed 10.6 with stellas v3 installer.

- Then updated to 10.6.4

- Before rebooting I Install tmongkols edited version of Asere Bootloader, and installed the 7 ATI kexts

- Then edited my boot plist to contain GraphicsEnabler=Yes and also removed all boot flags so it boots to 64bit by default.

Plain and simple it just worked after that and I don't have to have more than one DVI plugged in or have it plugged in any specific port.

What is the hardware ID of your 5750? I didnt think the 5750 was in the supported list for the Kext.

0x68B81002

i know it's strange ,it's 5770's dev-id

for my own test on this card.

GraphicsEnabler=Yes will course black screen+full-speed GPU Fan Noise (anyone same as me?)

what ever eles things (bootloader, kexts, DSDT, Bios Settings, etc.) be

i'm so confused ,why other people fine with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

clearly, tmongkols edited version of Asere Bootloader + GraphicsEnabler=Yes is better ,because it's 64bit

but for now, i can only use ATY_Init.kext (modified Vervet as framebuffer) + GraphicsEnabler=No , to get it work in 32bit.

0x68B81002

i know it's strange ,it's 5770's dev-id

for my own test on this card.

GraphicsEnabler=Yes will course black screen+full-speed GPU Fan Noise (anyone same as me?)

what ever eles things (bootloader, kexts, DSDT, Bios Settings, etc.) be

i'm so confused ,why other people fine with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

clearly, tmongkols edited version of Asere Bootloader + GraphicsEnabler=Yes is better ,because it's 64bit

but for now, i can only use ATY_Init.kext (modified Vervet as framebuffer) + GraphicsEnabler=No , to get it work in 32bit.

Get LSPCI tool and install it.

Open Terminal

Type lspci -nn and press Enter, it should give you your device id and info.

If not working, you may need to restart.

Post results into codebox

Get LSPCI tool and install it.

Open Terminal

Type lspci -nn and press Enter, it should give you your device id and info.

If not working, you may need to restart.

Post results into codebox

tmongkol any chances of me reading your GFX0 code so i can add it to my DSDT then i won't need the bootloader :D does it function the same as the bootloader?