Bluetooth Power:	On
 Discoverable:	Yes
 HCI Version:	3 ($3)
 HCI Revision:	16384 ($4000)
 LMP Version:	3 ($3)
 LMP Subversion:	17166 ($430e)
 Device Type (Major):	Computer
 Device Type (Complete):	Macintosh Desktop
 Composite Class Of Device:	3670276 ($380104)
 Device Class (Major):	1 ($1)
 Device Class (Minor):	1 ($1)
 Service Class:	448 ($1c0)
 Requires Authentication:	No

But you could show what you have under USB in system profiler

Bluetooth Com One Device:

Product ID:	0x2101
 Vendor ID:	0x0a5c  (Broadcom Corp.)
 Version:	 1.00
 Speed:	Up to 12 Mb/sec
 Manufacturer:	Broadcom Corp
 Location ID:	0x3a100000
 Current Available (mA):	500
 Current Required (mA):	100

2400 v2.1 (same as ttgolf)

BCM92046DG-CL1ROM :

Identifiant du produit :	0x2148
 Identifiant du fournisseur :	0x0a5c  (Broadcom Corp.)
 Version :	 8.18
 Numéro de série :	000272A63974
 Vitesse :	Jusqu’à 12 Mb/s
 Fabricant :	Broadcom Corp
 Identifiant de l’emplacement :	0x5a130000
 Courant disponible (mA) :	132
 Courant requis (mA) :	2

works fine, except i must unplugged it during the boot process.

EDIT: installed the TTGolf fix, all is good, but unfortunately, i can't test cause my 4870 break awake from sleep.

thx ttgolf.

2400 v2.1 (same as ttgolf)

works fine, except i must unplugged it during the boot process.

EDIT: installed the TTGolf fix, all is good, but unfortunately, i can't test cause my 4870 break awake from sleep.

thx ttgolf.

Thanks, I have a 2400p v2.1 on order, should be here Monday or Tuesday so I'll see how I get on

Thanks, I have a 2400p v2.1 on order, should be here Monday or Tuesday so I'll see how I get on

It arrived this morning, not a Broadcom chip though! There are 2 types listed on the Trust website, Cambridge &

Broadcom

model number 15542 stamped on the side, slightly smaller than the v2 device I had before

Bluetooth USB Host Controller:

Product ID: 0x0001

Vendor ID: 0x0a12 (Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd.)

Version: 31.64

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec

Location ID: 0x1d100000

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 100

Looking at the product ID and vendor ID it is natively supported. It does wake after sleep using usb keyboard

wake from BT MM not working.

For some reason the wake by BT is greyed out. I'll have to have a look at it tonight

i have noticed my logitech travel mouse often gets disconnected but then reconnected again by itself.

it happen in the middle of usage (not during inactivity period), the mouse freezes for a few seconds and then back again.

it is paired with Trust 2.0

i am sure the batteries are alright, because they are fresh from the charger and usually the mouse will blink orange led whenever the battery is low (which is not in this case)

not sure if it is related, i am using GA-EX58-UD5 board with d00d's DSDT method.

it seems stable when i boot the unit into windows 7

any ideas where should I check?

i have noticed my logitech travel mouse often gets disconnected but then reconnected again by itself.

it happen in the middle of usage (not during inactivity period), the mouse freezes for a few seconds and then back again.

it is paired with Trust 2.0

i am sure the batteries are alright, because they are fresh from the charger and usually the mouse will blink orange led whenever the battery is low (which is not in this case)

not sure if it is related, i am using GA-EX58-UD5 board with d00d's DSDT method.

it seems stable when i boot the unit into windows 7

any ideas where should I check?

Don't know!

I have two versions of the 2400p, one is a Broadcom, one a CSR (Cambridge Silicon Radio)

Only the CSR seems to do this. Only the Broadcom seems to occasionally throw a wobbly

and lose tracking. I kind of prefer the CSR as it fixes itself but with the Broadcom I have

to unplug it, wait, then re-insert it. But then the CSR seems to do it more often!

I'm waiting for 10.6.3 to see if that fixes it

Don't know!

I have two versions of the 2400p, one is a Broadcom, one a CSR (Cambridge Silicon Radio)

Only the CSR seems to do this. Only the Broadcom seems to occasionally throw a wobbly

and lose tracking. I kind of prefer the CSR as it fixes itself but with the Broadcom I have

to unplug it, wait, then re-insert it. But then the CSR seems to do it more often!

I'm waiting for 10.6.3 to see if that fixes it

mine is a broadcom base.

fortunately i don't have to plug/unplug the dongle.

well, since the disconnects are not that often, i will wait and see what 10.6.3 has.

cheers

I was wondering if the Magic mouse will work with a external bluetooth dongle on OSX86? If that is the case, I will buy it :).

Hi all.

I bought this one : http://www.amazon.fr/Sitecom-523-Bluetooth...4961&sr=1-1

Fully working with magic mouse.

Perfect reactivity (I am not sure about the way to say this (I am french)).

It's a 2.0 Bluetooth dongle with a 100m range !!!

The magic mouse work perfectly with this dongle : All features are enabled and with BetterTouchTool.

It's a little expensive but working great.

DeeToX.

P.S : I have a vanilla kernel with 10.6.2 snow.

I've got a pairing issue between Snow Leopard and Windows 7.

My setup is a GA-EP43-DS3L based Hackintosh with a D-Link DBT-120 hardware revision B4 attached. The DBT-120 has been upgraded to firmware 1586 already. An Apple Wireless keyboard (2009 model) and an Apple Magic Mouse are attached.

Both keyboard and mouse are working flawlessly either with Windows 7 (generic Microsoft Bluetooth stack, Boot Camp 3.1 keyboard and mouse drivers installed) or Snow Leopard (10.6.2). I can even use them at BIOS level thanks to the 1586 firmware HID mode.

However, everytime when I start Windows after having used OS X and vice versa, I have to repair the mouse - ONLY the mouse! OS X claims that there's no mouse attached. I have to switch it off and on again, let it get discovered and paired. In Windows, I have to delete the mouse from the list of known devices, also switch it off and on again and pair it again. The keyboard however doesn't need to be re-paired and is available in both installations flawlessly.

How do I manage to get my Magic Mouse permanently paired with OS X AND Windows 7? Thanks in advance for any hints!

Just got a wireless apple kb. No wake from sleep here with it.

Would you guys say it's just a matter of finding the right adapter? Even here I see some issues with the Apple recommended D-Link adapter.

Someone in IRC stated this one worked for them perfectly: http://us.kensington.com/html/9403.html

So I'm thinking of buying that, or should I go with the DBT-120? but then I'd have to seek the right revision and firmware, right? =/

Also, how do you get BT KB working in BIOS? =O

Also, how do you get BT KB working in BIOS? =O

The most recent firmware (Apple Firmware Update 1.2) for the DBT-120 enables a so called HID mode in which the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse are presented as plain USB devices. Any PC with 'legacy support for USB devices' can use them at BIOS level and even in applications that are not aware of bluetooth input devices at all, e. g. Acronis boot CDs.

As soon as OS X has finished its boot, it switches the DBT-120 from the aforementioned HID mode into the known HCI mode in which the keyboard and mouse are seen as what they really are - Bluetooth devices. Windows doesn't know about HID and HCI - you have to use a 3rd party tool there called HCItray (remove the .txt suffix from the attached file, unpack with 7z) to let Windows see the Bluetooth device at all.

BluetoothFWUpdate1.2.dmg

HciTray_Setup.7z.txt

Thanks landmark for the details!

So this is only for that specific adapter, and only B2-B4 (According to Apple support) revisions right? I spoke to someone and they stated that Kensington worked to wake from sleep. http://us.kensington.com/html/9403.html

Would you recommend the D-Link still? I do not plan on using a BT mouse anytime soon, so maybe your issue will be nonexistent for me.

Also, are you using any uhci/ehci fix? I have one in my DSDT and trying to rule this out as a possible cause.

Edit: Went ahead and got a D-Link, It's B4 just like yours! =P

I also looked into the BT firmware update 1.2 you mentioned, and only really found this old support article, it states it's for PPC, this thing is safe to run in Snow Leopard right?

There was a firmware update for the wireless KB's this month:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1003 that is for the 09 model, there is also one for the 07 model.

It states:

This firmware update improves battery performance of the 2009 Aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard when used in combination with other Bluetooth devices (example. Magic Mouse, Bluetooth headsets).

Might be helpful, but prob applied through software update already.

Add to the list of working with the Magic mouse dongles

I bought a very generic made in China "SeeHot" USB Bluetooth Dongle

SBD-10[V2.1+EDR] A2DP

Working Frequency-2.4-2.48Ghz

Hi Powel212.

This forum is about VT adapters that works really close to real mac's. :)

Here in my rig, I use one generic BT adapter that pairs my MM and Aluminum Wireless Keyboard fine, BUT, this generic BT adapter doesn't me allow to wake system up from sleep.

We appreciate that you found another generic dongle that works fine, but it's necessary to be fully compatible working as close as real mac's do.

Let us know if this generic dongle of yours can allow wake from the BT devices.

Cheers,

bb.

There was a firmware update for the wireless KB's this month:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1003 that is for the 09 model, there is also one for the 07 model.

It states:

This firmware update improves battery performance of the 2009 Aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard when used in combination with other Bluetooth devices (example. Magic Mouse, Bluetooth headsets).

Might be helpful, but prob applied through software update already.

Hi Enzo.

I read that this update is only for some specific cases was happening to people using Wireless KB and MM.

In some cases, the 2 together seems to consume the batteries of KB a lot, so Apple released this little fix for that.

I installed it here anyway, and that doesn't help in nothing the problem of waking system up from sleep. :D

Cheers,

bb.

I've got a pairing issue between Snow Leopard and Windows 7.

My setup is a GA-EP43-DS3L based Hackintosh with a D-Link DBT-120 hardware revision B4 attached. The DBT-120 has been upgraded to firmware 1586 already. An Apple Wireless keyboard (2009 model) and an Apple Magic Mouse are attached.

Both keyboard and mouse are working flawlessly either with Windows 7 (generic Microsoft Bluetooth stack, Boot Camp 3.1 keyboard and mouse drivers installed) or Snow Leopard (10.6.2). I can even use them at BIOS level thanks to the 1586 firmware HID mode.

However, everytime when I start Windows after having used OS X and vice versa, I have to repair the mouse - ONLY the mouse! OS X claims that there's no mouse attached. I have to switch it off and on again, let it get discovered and paired. In Windows, I have to delete the mouse from the list of known devices, also switch it off and on again and pair it again. The keyboard however doesn't need to be re-paired and is available in both installations flawlessly.

How do I manage to get my Magic Mouse permanently paired with OS X AND Windows 7? Thanks in advance for any hints!

hey land, i have the exacting same problem swapping between snow and win7 and having to pair again w/ the magic mouse --- at least snow brings up a nice little window where i just turn off my mouse and turn it back on... w/ windows i need to plug in my usb mouse to delete the magic mouse and pair it up again. do let me know if you figure out this one. dbt-120 rev. c1 here.

Land - I'm pleased to say the problem w/ having to pair each time i switch dual booting has been resolved!

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3092

I found this link and followed its instructions involving re-pairing the magic mouse. It sort of defies logic, but basically the only difference I think was that I went into system preferences, mouse, and set up a bluetooth device through there as opposed to using the system preferences/bluetooth. Anyways, I'm happily switching between windows and snow w/o having to re-pair each time (however, when i do boot into windows i have to left click my mouse a couple times to get it to kick in).

Best of luck,

antipop

Land - I'm pleased to say the problem w/ having to pair each time i switch dual booting has been resolved!

I found this link and followed its instructions involving re-pairing the magic mouse. It sort of defies logic, but basically the only difference I think was that I went into system preferences, mouse, and set up a bluetooth device through there as opposed to using the system preferences/bluetooth. Anyways, I'm happily switching between windows and snow w/o having to re-pair each time (however, when i do boot into windows i have to left click my mouse a couple times to get it to kick in).

Best of luck,

antipop

Hi all.

I'd like to ask you all something...

Any of you have installed Security Update 2010-001?

Last time I did it it bricked my system to a point that I had to reinstall all of it.

Looks like this update is related to Bluetooth stuff.

Cheers,

bb.

The most recent firmware (Apple Firmware Update 1.2) for the DBT-120 enables a so called HID mode in which the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse are presented as plain USB devices. Any PC with 'legacy support for USB devices' can use them at BIOS level and even in applications that are not aware of bluetooth input devices at all, e. g. Acronis boot CDs.

As soon as OS X has finished its boot, it switches the DBT-120 from the aforementioned HID mode into the known HCI mode in which the keyboard and mouse are seen as what they really are - Bluetooth devices. Windows doesn't know about HID and HCI - you have to use a 3rd party tool there called HCItray (remove the .txt suffix from the attached file, unpack with 7z) to let Windows see the Bluetooth device at all.

Thanks for the info! I have been looking for a way to get my bluetooth keyboard to work in BIOS.

Has anyone tried this with the Targus ACB10US version 1 (long silver version)? Or does it only work with the DBT-120? Also, how can you tell which version/revision of the DBT-120 you have?

Does the DBT-120 wake from sleep? Just read a post on Apple that makes it seem that only the Targus ACB10US is supported:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3940

Thanks,

Bruno

Bruno,

I think he mentioned he had a B4 version. The firmware update only works with that model, and only revisions B2-B4 I believe. Also, yes, it does wake from sleep there are a few that do and are documented throughout this thread. Lastly, applying the firmware update will cause Windows to lose BT functionality, that is it won't see the adapter.

I picked up a B4 on eBay for $5 =P. There are apparently many revisions, so remember to ask the seller to check on the back for a version number.

Bruno,

I think he mentioned he had a B4 version. The firmware update only works with that model, and only revisions B2-B4 I believe. Also, yes, it does wake from sleep there are a few that do and are documented throughout this thread. Lastly, applying the firmware update will cause Windows to lose BT functionality, that is it won't see the adapter.

I picked up a B4 on eBay for $5 =P. There are apparently many revisions, so remember to ask the seller to check on the back for a version number.

Thanks for the speedy reply! I have seen many of these on eBay; now I just have to find one that is rev B4. Thanks,

Bruno

Thanks for the speedy reply! I have seen many of these on eBay; now I just have to find one that is rev B4. Thanks,

Bruno

I'd like to add that I have a B4 and it doesn't work any better than the other 4 Bluetooth USB adapters I have.

Hi DeeTox,

Can you wake your machine with the magic mouse and this dongle?

Pete.

Hi all.

I bought this one : http://www.amazon.fr/Sitecom-523-Bluetooth...4961&sr=1-1

Fully working with magic mouse.

Perfect reactivity (I am not sure about the way to say this (I am french)).

It's a 2.0 Bluetooth dongle with a 100m range !!!

The magic mouse work perfectly with this dongle : All features are enabled and with BetterTouchTool.

It's a little expensive but working great.

DeeToX.

P.S : I have a vanilla kernel with 10.6.2 snow.

Hey antipop,

sorry, I took some time to check your suggestion out just to be sure that I'm not doing it wrong. I'm sorry say - still no luck for me. Even with pairing the devices via the keyboard and mouse panels in the OS X settings, only my keyboard remains paired in Windows 7.

I did recognize something interesting nevertheless: When I boot up in Windows 7 and the mouse isn't in its list of known devices yet, pressing the mouse button leads to an incoming connection request from the mouse. Yes, the mouse tries to establish a connection to the computer! It also requests a pairing code (0000 works) what it doesn't do when the connection is initiated from the computers side.

However, the result remains the same: As soon as the mouse works in Windows 7, it gets unpaired in OS X and vice versa.

Hi all.

I'd like to ask you all something...

Any of you have installed Security Update 2010-001?

Last time I did it it bricked my system to a point that I had to reinstall all of it.

Looks like this update is related to Bluetooth stuff.

Cheers,

bb.

No problems here

By the way I now have 2 Trust 2400p adapters.

A Broadcom 2045 version and a CSR version, both identical serial numbers

Broadcom will wake from sleep but prevents idle sleep

CSR doesn't allow me select wake from sleep as an option.

I notice that the CSR one doesn't seem to change from HID to HCI when you boot with it inserted, but if

you insert it only after SL has booted then CSRUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext will load. This still doesn't

allow me to switch on wake from BT

Waiting for 10.6.3 before doing more fiddling in case it's a SL bug

post-383752-1267022309_thumb.png