Apple Magic Mouse OSX86 - external bluetooth dongle

Dannydeman

453 posts in this topic

I can confirm that sleep works with a bluetooth magic mouse and bluetooth wireless aluminum apple keyboard with a V1.0 ACB10US, so long as "Allow Bluetooth Devices To Wake This Computer" is NOT checked. This will allow the computer to sleep normally, and you can use the power button on your computer to wake the machine. Having the "Bluetooth Wake" option checked results in the computer going to sleep and waking immediately. Anyone have a fix for this?

Either way, it's a step in the right direction.

I have three USB Bluetooth adapters. I added all three to an injector kext that enables the "Wake from Bluetooth option". Without the kext my adapters won't wake… obviously. With the kext and wake option checked I actually successfully got my rig to wake and sleep successfully but only on initial setup and after deleting all the plists that had "bluetooth" in the name. However on restart I lost that ability and ended up in the perpetual reboot loop on wake.

I need to replicate this behavior to see if it was a fluke. But for once I did actually experience proper behavior. For those interested in my injector kext I believe it's posted earlier in this thread. Add you own product and vendor ID and it'll enable the "wake" option. Just be sure to choose the right driver for your adapter. It'll either be BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext or CSRUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext.

Oddly enough the only one that I can't force the wake option is the "Apple supported" Belkin DBT-120.

EDIT:

Here is the post with the attached injector kext.

I have three USB Bluetooth adapters. I added all three to an injector kext that enables the "Wake from Bluetooth option". Without the kext my adapters won't wake… obviously. With the kext and wake option checked I actually successfully got my rig to wake and sleep successfully but only on initial setup and after deleting all the plists that had "bluetooth" in the name. However on restart I lost that ability and ended up in the perpetual reboot loop on wake.

I need to replicate this behavior to see if it was a fluke. But for once I did actually experience proper behavior. For those interested in my injector kext I believe it's posted earlier in this thread. Add you own product and vendor ID and it'll enable the "wake" option. Just be sure to choose the right driver for your adapter. It'll either be BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext or CSRUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext.

Oddly enough the only one that I can't force the wake option is the "Apple supported" Belkin DBT-120.

EDIT:

Here is the post with the attached injector kext.

HI mate.

How this injector is supposed to work?

Just place the kext in ther Extensions folder? Should I use Kext Helper to install it?

I own a generic BT dongle. Should I add the Device and Vendor ID that I get from System Profiler into this file?

Cheers,

bb.

I can confirm that sleep works with a bluetooth magic mouse and bluetooth wireless aluminum apple keyboard with a V1.0 ACB10US, so long as "Allow Bluetooth Devices To Wake This Computer" is NOT checked. This will allow the computer to sleep normally, and you can use the power button on your computer to wake the machine. Having the "Bluetooth Wake" option checked results in the computer going to sleep and waking immediately. Anyone have a fix for this?

Either way, it's a step in the right direction.

I have the same issue here!

Can we fix this?

Do you have the ability to use your magic mouse after wake from sleep with the AVB10US or is it frozen. This my issue with BT stick. I am neither able to wake from sleep nor I am I am able to use the Magic mouse after wake from sleep (after I put the machine to sleep manually).

Looking foreward to your replies!

Do you have the ability to use your magic mouse after wake from sleep with the AVB10US or is it frozen. This my issue with BT stick. I am neither able to wake from sleep nor I am I am able to use the Magic mouse after wake from sleep (after I put the machine to sleep manually).

Looking foreward to your replies!

There are NO issues after wake from sleep with the ACB10US!

• 2 weeks later...
Asus USB-BT21 Mini Bluetooth Dongle - Apple wireless keyboard and Mighty Mouse working out of box, no patch

Yes it is, thank you. A friend of mine is going to buy one, and he thanks you a lot.

From Paris ^^ Thanks again for your advice :P

Hello I am a real rookie in Mac/Hack...Can anyone help and give me some advice what Bluetooth dongle/adapter i ought to buy..I use snow leopard 10.6.3 v1.1 64 bit.. Lot of BT adapters works but not fully..specially after wake mouse is frozen and you are not able to connect any other devices to BT..please help what to buy asus or Targus...or maybe some other one..

• 2 weeks later...
That would be the CSRUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext for Cambridge Silicon Radio USB…

Feel free to modify my Legacy kext. LegacyBluetooth.kext.zip

@kdawg

Thanks for the kext. Now, I can wake up from Apple wireless keyboard.

It identifies Product ID & Vendor ID of Asus USB BT21 in System Profiler properly.

Also, thanks for your DSDTs.

@kdawg

Thanks for the kext. Now, I can wake up from Apple wireless keyboard.

It identifies Product ID & Vendor ID of Asus USB BT21 in System Profiler properly.

Also, thanks for your DSDTs.

So can you wake from bluetooth with an Apple wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse? Is it the small aluminum bluetooth keyboard? And you're using an Asus USB BT21? Would you mind telling me what the Product ID & Vendor ID is? Thanks.

So can you wake from bluetooth with an Apple wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse? Is it the small aluminum bluetooth keyboard? And you're using an Asus USB BT21? Would you mind telling me what the Product ID & Vendor ID is? Thanks.

I have only an Apple Wireless Keyboard and can wake from Asus USB BT21 with the keyboard. Also, I can restart or shut down from the keyboard.

<key>Asus_BT21</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
		<string>com.apple.driver.BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController</string>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<string>Broadcom2045FamilyUSBBluetoothHCIController</string>
		<key>IOProviderClass</key>
		<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
		<key>IOProviderMergeProperties</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ClassicMustNotSeize</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>idProduct</key>
		<integer>8520</integer>
		<key>idVendor</key>
		<integer>2652</integer>
	</dict>

Steve,

Glad you got it working!! Good to know another user with Trust Bluetooth dongle got it working!!!

Like I said I will try the Targus bluetooth dongle (Rev. 1) once I get it. Will report back. It still amazes me that not much information about this topic anywhere.

To summarize for any new users reading this long thread:

To use your Apple Bluetooth keyboard and Magic Mouse get a Trust 2400P Bluetooth Dongle. I have confirmed with this dongle you can

1. Pair with both Apple Bluetooth keyboard and Magic mouse

2. Wake computer from sleep with either BT keyboard or magic mouse (use the hack described above with ProductID and VendorID).

3. Keyboard or mouse will resume function after the computer is awake.

If anyone else is able to get other BT dongle to work please report back.

Where to put the IOBluetoothFamily.kext file? In Extension director?

Thank you

Hi,

I have the DBT-120 B4, but it isn't working in bios or chameleon. Can someone recommend a broadcom bt-stick. Most of the newer sticks have the csr chip.

I use the apple wireless keyboard. It is working fine under osx and win 7 with the dbt-120. I have tried a noname bluetooth stick, but it had the same issues in bios and chameleon.

Thanks

I have only an Apple Wireless Keyboard and can wake from Asus USB BT21 with the keyboard. Also, I can restart or shut down from the keyboard.

<key>idProduct</key>
		<integer>8520</integer>
		<key>idVendor</key>
		<integer>2652</integer>

My Asus_BT21 has different VID/PID (VID=0x0b05=ASUS & PID=0x1715). Can't wake thru Bluetooth.

:( Is yours BT21's VID=0x0a5c & PID=0x2148 as in plist?

P.S. I've tried adding in Legacy's plist:

<key>Asus_BT21</key>
	<dict>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<dict>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>idProduct</key>
		<integer>5909</integer>
		<key>idVendor</key>
		<integer>2821</integer>
	</dict>

But it >>>>>CRASHHHed MOBO's BIOS.

• 2 weeks later...
My Asus_BT21 has different VID/PID (VID=0x0b05=ASUS & PID=0x1715). Can't wake thru Bluetooth.

;) Is yours BT21's VID=0x0a5c & PID=0x2148 as in plist?

P.S. I've tried adding in Legacy's plist:

<key>Asus_BT21</key>
	<dict>
		<key>IOClass</key>
		<dict>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>idProduct</key>
		<integer>5909</integer>
		<key>idVendor</key>
		<integer>2821</integer>
	</dict>

But it >>>>>CRASHHHed MOBO's BIOS.

Yes, it is.

id5090.jpg

I have three Asus BT21 and they are working fine.

i have a cambridge chip, can i enable the greyed out "Allow Bluetooth Devices to Wake This Computer" by adding my device/Vendor ID? my bt dongle is just the generic one and no wake from KB and mouse for me too.

Bluetooth USB Host Controller:

Product ID: 0x0001

Vendor ID: 0x0a12 (Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd.)

Version: 48.39

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec

Location ID: 0x1a100000

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 0

i have a cambridge chip, can i enable the greyed out "Allow Bluetooth Devices to Wake This Computer" by adding my device/Vendor ID? my bt dongle is just the generic one and no wake from KB and mouse for me too.

Bluetooth USB Host Controller:

Product ID: 0x0001

Vendor ID: 0x0a12 (Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd.)

Version: 48.39

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec

Location ID: 0x1a100000

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 0

If you check you will see that it's already there, so it doesn't matter with a CSR dongle. I also have a generic CSR dongle but I haven't found a solution to this issue. To me it's not really a big deal since I can wake from my Apple USB keyboard but it would be nice to have full functionality.

Just here to confirm that my Targus ACB10US ver. 2 (short one) is working with both magic mouse and wireless keyboard. Had to add Product ID and Vendor ID manually and UNCHECK "Allow bluetooth device to wake this computer". However, the wireless keyboard can still wake the computer from sleep while the magic mouse cannot. Both devices are working perfectly after wake from sleep.

• 3 weeks later...
hi! I want to know which usb bluetooth dongle to buy.. and I don't want to spend a lot of money!! thanks

(I'm gonna buy a new magic mouse for my SL 10.6.4!!) thanks

I know a COMTAC one works properly, but in my experience a laser mouse 1000dpi provided more accuracy and quickness, magic mouse pointer wasn´t that quick.

• 4 weeks later...
Just here to confirm that my Targus ACB10US ver. 2 (short one) is working with both magic mouse and wireless keyboard. Had to add Product ID and Vendor ID manually and UNCHECK "Allow bluetooth device to wake this computer". However, the wireless keyboard can still wake the computer from sleep while the magic mouse cannot. Both devices are working perfectly after wake from sleep.

Where did you add the product and vendor ID? I have the ACB10US ver.2 and I can wake from the keyboard, but then the mouse is inactive. I have to unplug the bluetooth receiver, plug it back in and then search for the mouse again.

Thanks

Nevermind, I was able to find TTGolf's instructions and setup the Apple Keyboard and Mighty Mouse properly. After unchecking the "Allow Bluetooth device to wake" option, the mouse works properly upon wake from sleep. However, the MM can't wake the computer from sleep, only the wireless keyboard and the power button can.

I tried a DBT-120 B4 and a Belkin F8T016.

With the DBT-120 I can't wake up from sleep using the mouse (Mighty Mouse) and after wake I need to reconnect my mouse using the slider under it. 'Allow bluetooth devices to wake this computer' is greyed out.

Using the Belkin I can wake up with the mouse, but after wake up I loose scrolling. Using LegacyBluetooth.kext and unticking 'Allow bluetooth devices to wake this computer' allows my mouse to wake up my hack from sleep. The mouse reconnects immediately and scrolling works.