Apple Magic Mouse OSX86 - external bluetooth dongle

Dannydeman

453 posts in this topic

Well I'm assuming we both have the same cirago mini bluetooth adapter because your ven and prod match up to mine. My magic mouse works fine with the adapter no weird movements of such and definitely no freezing or anything like that relating to the mouse. Could be that you either have a faulty usb port that the adapter is in or faulty mouse because you say it is when the mouse connects to the comp that the system starts to act funny right?

If there's anyway you could try like a friend's MM that could be a good idea to see if it is in fact your own mouse or if the issue lies elsewhere.

@Naeim Soleimany Fard

@TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

I have the same device IDs (CSR) under Bluetooth USB HUB that both of you do. Mine is the ultra short/stubby dongle that I picked up for a couple of dollars on eBay.

My MagicMouse works great with 10.6.4, except for when I touch its top surface at three points (whether it be three fingers, two finger and my palm, etc). The it will frees for 10 or 15 seconds, then go back to normal.

If someone tells me the names of all kexts and preference files that are involved when using your BT MagicMouse over USB, I'll copy those files and upload them ....

@Naeim Soleimany Fard

@TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

I have the same device IDs (CSR) under Bluetooth USB HUB that both of you do. Mine is the ultra short/stubby dongle that I picked up for a couple of dollars on eBay.

My MagicMouse works great with 10.6.4, except for when I touch its top surface at three points (whether it be three fingers, two finger and my palm, etc). The it will frees for 10 or 15 seconds, then go back to normal.

If someone tells me the names of all kexts and preference files that are involved when using your BT MagicMouse over USB, I'll copy those files and upload them ....

Macintosh Drive\System\Library\Extensions\IOBluetoothFamily.kext

Macintosh Drive\Extra\Extensions\IOBluetoothFamily.kext

upload these two files.tnx

@Naeim Soleimany Fard

@TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

Macintosh Drive\System\Library\Extensions\IOBluetoothFamily.kext

Macintosh Drive\Extra\Extensions\IOBluetoothFamily.kext

upload these two files.tnx

@ drule

I use the stock 10.6.4 bluetooth kexts that Naeim Soleimany Fard posted with the exception that I don't use the IOBluetoothFamily.kext in the extra folder it just resides in the system/library/extensions folder

@Naeim Soleimany Fard

what version of os x are you running? And have you had any luck with the MM in any previous versions up until now?

I believe there are more than just those two files, aren't there any supporting preference or plist files anywhere else?

Also, what is your SMBIOS system type? I use MacPro3,1.

Anyway, here is my IOBF.kext for you to look through, I wouldn't just install though, check for setting that may be different in the info.plists.

IOBluetoothFamily.kext.zip

I'll take a look at your file in a few but here is my smbios that I'm using

Hmm, perhaps because you are using a MacBookPro profile, the system assumes you have built-in BT from a particular manufacturer, and is using the wrong settings/drivers.

I use MacPro3,1 which which may use a different BT transceiver profile since it is a desktop.

Hmm, perhaps because you are using a MacBookPro profile, the system assumes you have built-in BT from a particular manufacturer, and is using the wrong settings/drivers.

I use MacPro3,1 which which may use a different BT transceiver profile since it is a desktop.

wow, I certainly forgot about that because built in bluetooth does differ from a desktop bluetooth stack i'd probably assume.

I'm going to make a mac pro smbios tonight and see how things work out.

I am using a Belkin F8T008

product id 8202 (0X200a)

vendor id 2652 (0X0a5c) identified as "(Broadcom Corp.)"

Full breakdown is:-

Belkin Bluetooth Device:

Product ID: 0x200a

Vendor ID: 0x0a5c (Broadcom Corp.)

Version: 0.01

Serial Number: 000A3A632F80

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Broadcom

Location ID: 0xfd230000

Current Available (mA): 500

Current Required (mA): 100

I added the product and vendor id s to IOBluetoothFamily.kext's / Contents / Plugins / BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext's / Contents / info.plist as follows:-

<string>Broadcom2045FamilyUSBBluetoothHCIController</string>

<key>IOProviderClass</key>

<string>IOUSBDevice</string>

<key>IOProviderMergeProperties</key>

<dict>

<key>ClassicMustNotSeize</key>

<true/>

</dict>

<key>idProduct</key>

<integer>8202</integer>

<key>idVendor</key>

<integer>2652</integer>

and here

<string>Broadcom2045FamilyUSBBluetoothHCIController</string>

<dict>

<true/>

</dict>

<key>idProduct</key>

<integer>8202</integer>

<key>idVendor</key>

<integer>2652</integer>

Should I be adding the numbers anywhere else? I have had Mighty Magic Mouse connect in the past but it took such a long time to get the mouse seen and communicating that I deleted whatever kext I used at the time.

Any pointers welcome, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Just in case anyone was wondering, the new magic trackpad does work in conjunction with a magic mouse

a pretty nice combination

steve

LocusOfControl and alos others who use this magic trackpad,

how are the gestures/multi fingers scrolling etc working? i mean are they 100% work without any glitch?

thinking of getting one to replace the current setup i am using: a trust bt dongle with a logitech bt mouse

cheers

UPDATE:

i pulled the trigger and obtained the trackpad, it works 100%, good stuff.

now, somehow my setup timed sleep is broken, however manual sleep (via menu) is working.

i ruled out DSDT, boot file (PC EFI 10.6) and kexts in /E/E because I have another partition which is not paired with the trackpad and this secondary partition is able to sleep automatically.

i know it could be anything else prevented the automatic sleep, i just want to make sure it is not the trackpad.

I'm at work so can't check from here but I have an HP BT Dongle that I had gotten for my previous printer but now that I have a wireless printer I'm using it to connect to my BT keyboard and MM. I can honestly say I did not add or enable any additional kexts to get the BT working and connect to my devices. I have not even seen if I could sleep/wake via the keyboard (I will when I get home).

I will also report the model number and what it states in my system profile. I do noticed back in 10.5.8 that waking up the BT would sometimes fail to see my devices. Reinserting the dongle corrected this. It was consistent but it would happen from time to time. I just redid my system to 10.6.4 so I will see how it works.

Edit:

Here are the specs for my HP Bluetooth. The option to wake this computer up from sleep is grayed out.

Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 2.3.3f8

Hardware Settings:

Address: **********

Manufacturer: Broadcom

Name: iMac

Firmware Version: 14 (16751)

Bluetooth Power: On

Discoverable: Yes

Vendor ID: 0

Product ID: 0x1

HCI Version: 3 (0x3)

HCI Revision: 16751 (0x416f)

LMP Version: 3 (0x3)

LMP Subversion: 17166 (0x430e)

Device Type (Major): Computer

Device Type (Complete): Macintosh Desktop

Composite Class Of Device: 3670276 (0x380104)

Device Class (Major): 1 (0x1)

Device Class (Minor): 1 (0x1)

Service Class: 448 (0x1c0)

Requires Authentication: No

Services:

Bluetooth File Transfer:

Folder other devices can browse: ~/Public

Requires Authentication: Yes

State: Enabled

Bluetooth File Exchange:

Folder for accepted items: ~/Downloads

When other items are accepted: Ask

When PIM items are accepted: Ask

When receiving items: Prompt for each file

State: Enabled

Incoming Serial Ports:

Serial Port 1:

Name: Bluetooth-PDA-Sync

RFCOMM Channel: 3

Outgoing Serial Ports:

Serial Port 1:

Address:

Name: Bluetooth-Modem

RFCOMM Channel: 0

• 3 weeks later...

Trust Ultra Small Bluetooth 2.1 USB Adapter, Model No. 16008 (http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B001MYLB74/ref=oss_product)

works like a charm under 10.6.4 + 10.6.5 with MM.

Sleep, PowerButtonWake, MM-BTWake, AluKB-USBWake.

All works perfectly.

Just adding VEN-ID / DEV-ID in decimal to IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Content/PlugIns/BroadcomUSBBluetoothHICController.kext

Used 100% DSDT-Mod for my GA-EP35-DS3R rev.2.1 (ICH9 identified as ICH10 (USB+SATA) plus SleepFix ....).

Trust Ultra Small Bluetooth 2.1 USB Adapter, Model No. 16008 (http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B001MYLB74/ref=oss_product)

All works perfectly.

Just adding VEN-ID / DEV-ID in decimal to IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Content/PlugIns/BroadcomUSBBluetoothHICController.kext

Used 100% DSDT-Mod for my GA-EP35-DS3R rev.2.1 (ICH9 identified as ICH10 (USB+SATA) plus SleepFix ....).

What about idle sleep with this Dongle?

All works perfectly.

may i know how the entry looks like? do you have idle sleep?

for my trust bluetooth dongle (not the ultra small one) i added

<key>Bluetooth Com One Device</key>
			<dict>
					<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
					<string>com.apple.driver.BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController</string>
					<key>IOClass</key>
					<string>BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController</string>
					<dict>
							<true/>
					</dict>
					<key>idProduct</key>
					<integer>2101</integer>
					<key>idVendor</key>
					<integer>05ac</integer>
			</dict>

but kextstat only shows this

GigaMacPro:AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext d$ kextstat -l | grep -i blue
  47	6 0xffffff7f8089b000 0x42000	0x42000	com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothFamily (2.3.8f7) <7 5 4 3 1>
  48	0 0xffffff7f808dd000 0xb000	 0xb000	 com.apple.driver.AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController (2.3.8f7) <47 29 7 5 4 3>
  70	0 0xffffff7f80af5000 0x6000	 0x6000	 com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothBNEPDriver (2.3.8f7) <52 47 7 5 4 3 1>
  71	0 0xffffff7f80afb000 0x9000	 0x9000	 com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothA2DPAudioDriver (2.3.8f7) <65 47 5 4 3 1>
  72	0 0xffffff7f80b04000 0x8000	 0x8000	 com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothSCOAudioDriver (2.3.8f7) <65 47 5 4 3>
  74	1 0xffffff7f80b16000 0xe000	 0xe000	 com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver (2.3.8f7) <47 25 4 3>
  75	0 0xffffff7f80b24000 0xb000	 0xb000	 com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch (54) <74 73 47 25 5 4 3>
  90	0 0xffffff7f80f0e000 0xa000	 0xa000	 com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothSerialManager (2.3.8f7) <89 7 5 4 3 1>

I've got the BT-Trust 2400p with a magic mouse after reading this thread and seeing LocusofControl's results.

After having some RAM issues with my hack I've reinstalled Snow Leopard and updated to 10.6.5 and recently got my sleep working again (after moving my Win 7 drives to Gigabye SATA ports from Marvel ports).

So after putting my machine to sleep for the first time last night - when I woke it up I had to re-pair my mouse with my bluetooth to get it working again.

I read earlier that people had to unplug and re-plug in the BT adaptor (wakes it on unplug and then replug in) and then all devices work again.

Has anyone found a way to get the mouse working from sleep without re-pairing or unplugging BT adaptor?

I'm running 10.6.5 and also have my machine down as a MacPro 4,1 - I'll try MacPro3,1 tonight and see if that helps.

Cheers,

Si / Not Shy

All works perfectly.

Yup - should have done some reading first - I've now got it all working with a Trust 2400p 15542-02 with wake from sleep using the magic mouse.

Thanks as ever !!!

FYI I just upgraded my MagicPrefs to the lastest version (released yesterday) and my 'three finger' momentary freeze problem has no disappeared ;) Haven't upgraded anything else so that driver must have had a fix in it (for kicks I tried using USBOverdrive and it would still freeze).

Turns out it was not the upgrade of MagicPrefs, but the linking of a BT Aluminum keyboard.

For some reason when my Apple BT keyboard links to my desktop (normally I use it for my MacBook pro and use a USB Apple Alum. keyboard for the desktop), the MagicMouse no longer freezes intermittently. But when I disconnect it (via Preferences or BT icon in menu bar) the occasional freezing returns, especially when three fingers touch the surface of the MagicMouse.

Any ideas ????

Please see my above post for my exact Bluetooth dongle - it's a Broadcom chip set which seems to work very well in OSX once you add the device and product ID to the Broadcom Kext as described above also.

I can vouch for my dongle working with magic mouse and the mouse can wake from sleep and no issues waking with either the power button, the wired keyboard or the mouse.

Folks, sorry to ask...BUT!

Can I just confirm this is the Bluetooth Dongle of choice for the Magic Mouse and Aluminium Keyboard (Rest of hardware in Sig)?

http://www.trust.com/products/productsuppo...spx?artnr=16008

Ultra Small Bluetooth 2.1 USB Adapter

Item number: 16008

Thanks, I am having trouble locating that exact version (Can find the 2.0 but not the 2.1 as yet).

The one I listed seems to be the same but with "Gold" connectors.

The Windows 7 inf file does mention Broadcom...

BluetootUsb2046A0SonyNonUHE.DeviceDesc=			"ALPS-UGPZ9-BCM2046"
BluetootUsb2046A0ToshibaNonUHE.DeviceDesc=		"TAIYO YUDEN Bluetooth Controller EYTFEBSAX-A"
BluetootUsb2046B1DellLittelRock.DeviceDesc=		"Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Mini-card"
BluetootUsb2046B1DellLittleStone.DeviceDesc=	"Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module"
BluetootUsb2046B1Helike.DeviceDesc=				"ThinkPad Bluetooth 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate"
BluetootUsb2046B1LenovoChinaModule.DeviceDesc=  "BCM2046 Bluetooth Module"
BluetootUsb2046B1GatewayModule.DeviceDesc=	  "BCM2046 Bluetooth Module"
BluetootUsb2070B1HPSoftBreeze.DeviceDesc=	   "HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth 2.1 Wireless Technology"
BluetootUsb2046A0ToshibaNonUHEAskey.DeviceDesc= "ASKEY Bluetooth Controller BTU1030"
BluetootUsb2046B1AcerBLPMModule.DeviceDesc=	 "Broadcom 2046 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2046A0DellALPS.DeviceDesc=			"ALPS-UGPZ9-BCM2046"
BluetootUsb2070B1HPCuvee.DeviceDesc=			"HP Integrated module with Bluetooth 2.1 wireless technology"
BluetootUsb2070B1Lenovo.DeviceDesc=			 "ThinkPad Bluetooth 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate II"
BluetootUsb2070B1HPHawk.DeviceDesc=			 "HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR Wireless Technology"
BluetootUsb43225Acer.DeviceDesc=				"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb4312Acer.DeviceDesc=				 "Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1QCOM.DeviceDesc=			   "Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1Azurewave.DeviceDesc=			"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1Gen3.3V01.DeviceDesc=			"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1Gen3.3V02.DeviceDesc=			"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1Gen3.3V0IT.DeviceDesc=			"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1Gen3.3V0ITSec.DeviceDesc=		"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1LenovoChina.DeviceDesc=		"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1SECWBSamsung.DeviceDesc=		"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1Acer.DeviceDesc=				"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1MSI3.3V.DeviceDesc=			"Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1Gemtek.DeviceDesc=				"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1USI.DeviceDesc=				"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1FujitsuIT.DeviceDesc=			"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1FujitsuITSec.DeviceDesc=		"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1Gen5.0V01.DeviceDesc=		  "Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1MSI5.0V.DeviceDesc=			"Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1HPFlicker.DeviceDesc=		  "HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR Wireless Technology"

Why do you have two bluetooth devices in there? Looks like you have both 2046 and a 2070 chip sets ...

Thanks, I am having trouble locating that exact version (Can find the 2.0 but not the 2.1 as yet).

The one I listed seems to be the same but with "Gold" connectors.

The Windows 7 inf file does mention Broadcom...

BluetootUsb2046A0SonyNonUHE.DeviceDesc=			"ALPS-UGPZ9-BCM2046"
BluetootUsb2046A0ToshibaNonUHE.DeviceDesc=		"TAIYO YUDEN Bluetooth Controller EYTFEBSAX-A"
BluetootUsb2046B1DellLittelRock.DeviceDesc=		"Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Mini-card"
BluetootUsb2046B1DellLittleStone.DeviceDesc=	"Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module"
BluetootUsb2046B1Helike.DeviceDesc=				"ThinkPad Bluetooth 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate"
BluetootUsb2046B1LenovoChinaModule.DeviceDesc=  "BCM2046 Bluetooth Module"
BluetootUsb2046B1GatewayModule.DeviceDesc=	  "BCM2046 Bluetooth Module"
BluetootUsb2070B1HPSoftBreeze.DeviceDesc=	   "HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth 2.1 Wireless Technology"
BluetootUsb2046A0ToshibaNonUHEAskey.DeviceDesc= "ASKEY Bluetooth Controller BTU1030"
BluetootUsb2046B1AcerBLPMModule.DeviceDesc=	 "Broadcom 2046 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2046A0DellALPS.DeviceDesc=			"ALPS-UGPZ9-BCM2046"
BluetootUsb2070B1HPCuvee.DeviceDesc=			"HP Integrated module with Bluetooth 2.1 wireless technology"
BluetootUsb2070B1Lenovo.DeviceDesc=			 "ThinkPad Bluetooth 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate II"
BluetootUsb2070B1HPHawk.DeviceDesc=			 "HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR Wireless Technology"
BluetootUsb43225Acer.DeviceDesc=				"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb4312Acer.DeviceDesc=				 "Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1QCOM.DeviceDesc=			   "Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1Azurewave.DeviceDesc=			"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1Gen3.3V01.DeviceDesc=			"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1Gen3.3V02.DeviceDesc=			"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1Gen3.3V0IT.DeviceDesc=			"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1Gen3.3V0ITSec.DeviceDesc=		"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1LenovoChina.DeviceDesc=		"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1SECWBSamsung.DeviceDesc=		"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1Acer.DeviceDesc=				"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1MSI3.3V.DeviceDesc=			"Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1Gemtek.DeviceDesc=				"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1USI.DeviceDesc=				"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1FujitsuIT.DeviceDesc=			"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1FujitsuITSec.DeviceDesc=		"Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1Gen5.0V01.DeviceDesc=		  "Broadcom BCM2070 Bluetooth 2.1+EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1MSI5.0V.DeviceDesc=			"Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR USB Device"
BluetootUsb2070B1HPFlicker.DeviceDesc=		  "HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR Wireless Technology"