DSDT fixes for Gigabyte boards

iSoprano

1,909 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have the "G33M-DS2R" Board. With and without Sleepenabler; my Sleep don´t work. I have a DSDT with Sound, USB, Network-Fix. The Sleep-Fix is integrated, but don´t work.

Give´s a working Solution?

Sorry, i have Snow Leopard 10.6.1.....

Thanks !

But break through to which wall - (USB trouble ?) ;)

An short summary (for an midsized GA-EP35 hero) my be useful . Thanks for all your interesting works here.

It makes device injection much easier to read and adapt.

But t.b.h. i didn't adapt these changes for some devices. USB interfaces are ok with the changes, but i'm not sure how to change interfaces like these:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				{
					Store (Package (0x04)
						{
							"built-in", 
							Buffer (One)
							{
								0x01
							}, 

"device_type", 
							Buffer (0x09)
							{
								"ethernet"
							}
						}, Local0)
					MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
					Return (Local0)
				}

or

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
					{
						Store (Package (0x07)
							{
								"refnum", 
								Zero, 
								"address", 
								0x39, 
								"device-id", 
								0x0CCB, 
								Buffer (One)
								{
									0x00
								}
							}, Local0)
						MCDP (Arg2, RefOf (Local0))
						Return (Local0)
					}

because of the "built-in", "device-type" and stuff like that.

Thanks !

But break through to which wall - (USB trouble ?) ;)

An short summary (for an midsized GA-EP35 hero) my be useful . Thanks for all your interesting works here.

Thanks,

But this isn't limited to the USB hubs, but more information is readily available in the P5K PRO Snow Leopard thread – we've had two more updates since the last announcement, and I am planning a third one later today (hopefully).

Request for info:

I need a little help from GB people here, please check your FACP table and see if: "Reset Register Supported" is 0 or 1.

Please report if restart works for you, no matter what value "Reset Register Supported" is. Or when "Reset Register Supported" is 1 and restart doesn't work for you.

Thank you!

For me restart doesn't work when invoked from the console with "reboot".

It only works with either OpenHaltRestart.kext or the new one from the eVo team.

But t.b.h. i didn't look at my facp table.

Will be able to do so tomorrow, at least that is what i hope at the moment. :rolleyes:

edit: ok, looked it up in the FAPC table extraced with Everest on Windows.

"Reset Register Supported (V2)" is set to "1".

I need a little help from GB people here, please check your FACP table and see if: "Reset Register Supported" is 0 or 1.

Restart works for me but I have no idea how to check my FACP table to see if 'Reset Register Supported' in set or not. But if it's any use then here's my FACP table from IOReg.

46 41 43 50 74 00 00 00 01 48 47 42 54 20 20 20
47 42 54 55 41 43 50 49 31 2e 30 42 47 42 54 55
01 01 01 01 00 00 ee df 00 80 c1 00 01 01 09 00
b2 00 00 00 a1 a0 00 34 00 04 00 00 00 00 00 00
04 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 50 04 00 00 08 04 00 00
20 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 02 01 04 10 00 00 00
5a 00 84 03 00 00 00 00 01 03 0d 00 00 10 00 00
a5 04 00 00

Restart works for me but I have no idea how to check my FACP table to see if 'Reset Register Supported' in set or not. But if it's any use then here's my FACP table from IOReg.

46 41 43 50 74 00 00 00 01 48 47 42 54 20 20 20
47 42 54 55 41 43 50 49 31 2e 30 42 47 42 54 55
01 01 01 01 00 00 ee df 00 80 c1 00 01 01 09 00
b2 00 00 00 a1 a0 00 34 00 04 00 00 00 00 00 00
04 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 50 04 00 00 08 04 00 00
20 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 02 01 04 10 00 00 00
5a 00 84 03 00 00 00 00 01 03 0d 00 00 10 00 00
a5 04 00 00

Hi Blackosx

you can find it using Everest in windows ... its listed with the other SSDT tables.

D

search in ioreg, FACP,

copy the data,

open the application 0xED, or any hex editor

save the file and decompile it with iasl -d ............

edit:

for me

Reset Register Supported (V2) : 1

and restart doesn't work w/o OHR.kext, how to change this value ???

edit 2:

sleep/wake and shutdown works

Cheers FormerlyKnownAs. I am still learning (but I am getting more knowledgeable) :)

Or you can dump your ACPI tables from OS X using this script that I think is made by Zhell.

dsdt.sh.zip

I have Reset Register Supported 1 but restart doesn't work without OpenHaltRestart, shutdown works without it most of time, maybe like 9 times out 10.

Or you can dump your ACPI tables from OS X using this script that I think is made by Zhell.

dsdt.sh.zip

I have Reset Register Supported 1 but restart doesn't work without OpenHaltRestart, shutdown works without it most of time, maybe like 9 times out 10.

#EDIT# kdawg - if your reading - You're not using OHR.kext no?

D

Request for info:

Please report if restart works for you, no matter what value "Reset Register Supported" is. Or when "Reset Register Supported" is 1 and restart doesn't work for you.

Thank you!

Edit:

Doesn't restart without OHR for me.

FACP_table.zip

Kinda stuck again,

I've attached two folders:

One contains a shortened dsdt with MC's additions but for some reason doesnt work yet on my system.

Problem one: "Unable to list firewire devices" in red text appears in System Profiler under Firewire but appears OK in Ioreg.

Problem two: P-States dont step, temps around 45 degrees.

Problem three: Grab doesnt show anything (hence why I cant attach screenshots)

The other folder contains a working dsdt which fixes problems 1&2 above but is based on my original dsdt and is very long. Problem 3 remains.

I suspect the problem is based around Device PCIB. Whenever I remove the LNKA etc blocks of code then that causes the issues. Everything else is the same between the two.

My only other alternative is to go back to my pre SMBus dsdt which works fine.

All three issues Fixed.biggrin.gif

Thankyou mm67 for being willing to test 4 me.

Thank you all for your time. It's great to come back after a movie and see this much response.

And my preliminary conclusion is that it doesn't matter if "Reset Register Supported" is 0 or 1. At least until proven otherwise. And from now on, only report when restart works for you, without a help kext like OpenHaltRestart.kext.

Thanks again!

Since I am quite new to this whole matter allow me this rather simple question:

Are the DSDT files from the first post intended for all the different Gigabyte boards?

I wouldn't expect so, considering all the different chipsets for audio, LAN, chip etc..

So can anybody help me making a DSDT for my G33M-DS2R board?

Help would be very appreciated!

I am going to follow this guide, trying to adapt as much as possible for my components:

G33M-DS2R

Nvidia 8800 GTS

Cheers

I found it with : ioreg -l -w 0 | grep "FACP" :)

GA-EP35-DS3 , Sleep not working (try to sleep, fans+mb stay on), even with dsdt editting , openhalt restart,sleep enabler...

I cant see any USB/EHCI errors, so i dont think my sleep problem comes by USB/EHCI.

#EDIT# kdawg - if your reading - You're not using OHR.kext no?

D

When I had my GA-EP35-DS4 I wasn't using OHR.kext. On my EP45-UD3P I switched to EvOreboot.kext. Can't for the life of me figure out why reboot worked on the other board. I hand't done nearly as much work on the DSDT for the previous board as I have to this board.

Just to update my findings.

I have done a test using VoodooPower and using a DSDT without any additions to Scope(_PR).

The FID & VID values, from VoodooMonitor & the terminal commands from Superhai's forum are the same as I had before which is good.

With this setup the status in VoodooPower shows the Multiplier using all frequencies (x6/x7/x8/x9/x10) and each voltage (1.132v / 1.148v / 1.164v) associated with each step. So at least I have seen it working how it should. My CPU temp is reported between 46 and 49 degrees while putting the system through a few tasks.

Now it's to try again using my latest DSDT with the new Scope(_PR)....

:)

Latest for my P-states. I did a quick scour of FormerlyKnownAs' Vanilla SpeedStep thread and changed my SMproductname in SMBIOS.plist from MacPro1,1 to MacPro3,1 and I now see switching between all 5 x P-states (frequency & voltages) with the DSDT Scope(_PR) :P

I have switched my gigabyte board for a P5Q Deluxe with EFI, but anyway. Shutdown is not working because the main CPU is slept before the slave CPU's from OSX, what ohr does is to put the other cpus to sleep and then continue shutdown. I just wanted to point this out as not all of you know this, and might help you to find out how to fix this in acpi.

When I had my GA-EP35-DS4 I wasn't using OHR.kext. On my EP45-UD3P I switched to EvOreboot.kext. Can't for the life of me figure out why reboot worked on the other board. I hand't done nearly as much work on the DSDT for the previous board as I have to this board.

Can you post the DSDT you where using for your GA-EP35-DS4 again please?

D.

Just an observation, but ever since using Snow Leopard I had noticed a drop in my Geekbench score, even though my system still felt more responsive. But now after following this thread and FormerlyKnownAs' Vanilla SpeedStep thread my Geekbench score has increased from 3430 to 4191, back to where it was when I used 10.5.8. (It might just be a coincidence as I don't Geekbench that often) :(

Just an observation, but ever since using Snow Leopard I had noticed a drop in my Geekbench score, even though my system still felt more responsive. But now after following this thread and FormerlyKnownAs' Vanilla SpeedStep thread my Geekbench score has increased from 3430 to 4191, back to where it was when I used 10.5.8. (It might just be a coincidence as I don't Geekbench that often) :)

Sure, less or more throttling = step up MHz by more/less cpu load % would change also that geekbench / XBench values.

Check also my SP1,SP2,... key question in that thread i made.

Hello Friends and Wizards,

I recall with 10.5.7 I never used to see the "verifying DMI pool data" screen nor the PCI device listing. These started cropping up after SL. So my question is, is this somehow related to the CMOS reset bug, doing something there which was not done in Leopard, causing these screens to appear on every boot? Is this not supposed to happen only when some new hardware changes are made not on every boot? At least that's how it works with a Windoze only install.

Thoughts & ideas?

I have switched my gigabyte board for a P5Q Deluxe with EFI, but anyway. Shutdown is not working because the main CPU is slept before the slave CPU's from OSX, what ohr does is to put the other cpus to sleep and then continue shutdown. I just wanted to point this out as not all of you know this, and might help you to find out how to fix this in acpi.

Jo Superhai!

I have read this a couple of times now, and I must say that I am still puzzled by it. I mean I know the OHS source code, but I was unaware of shutdown being a problem. Not to mention that I am more interested in getting restart work. Any tips for me maybe?

TIA

Chief