[GUIDE] Scripted Yosemite/Mavericks Install on Gigabyte Mobos

4,696 posts in this topic

2. When i shutdown the computer on the next boot my mouse and Keyboard are dead. Reset, reboot everythings fine again. What could this be?

This sounds like a problem with the USB drivers. It might have nothing to do with your problems, but you might want to go into the BIOS and enable USB Keyboard and Mouse.

3. I have a Radeon 1650 Pro Dev ID = 0x71c7. How can i get this card to work? Ideas?

The ATI cards are harder to get to work with a hackintosh. The easiest thing to do would be to pick up an nvida 8800 or 9800. They both perform pretty well and seem to be the simplest to get to work.

You might also find this useful.

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/02/mul...stallation.html

I've been seeing some good things about it. It might be helpful.

Thx for your answer Generic George.

There is no problem with the USB ports if an USB Stick is pocketed, he is recognised. If one the stick pulls out again there comes the Apple error message. The cursor moves, but the dock does not react.

Maybe somebody can look at the suspended logs. There are a lot of Errors.

Thx

Andy

hi bbchucks,

Installing in 32Bit with ATI_init.kext in S/L/E kernel panic after reboot. Than reinstalled kexts wih option 5 of the script.

Working. No performane improvements in xbench.

Installing in 64Bit with LegacyATI4800Controller.kext in /E with GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PciRoot=1 in com.apple.boot.plist i reinstalled kexts before restart using second OSX installation. Now you can restart. No Panic. No improvment.

Later i replaced LegacyATI480....Kext with ATI4800Controller.kext from Netkas.org Exotic patch for GU1.0 to get performanceplus. No panic. No improvement.

Good Luck

Thanks again to DD

How did you get restart working?

I used This in combination with C2RC4 and d00ds NativePowermanagemment Topic Modification #16.

But i dont know if its working for your Board.

Good Luck

Thanks to Duvel300 and d00d again.

Hi all,

pls sorry for my question ! :blink:

I'm running my Hackintosh with 10.6.1 Osx, built following this wonderful guide.

To move on 10.6.4 safely (and ... to no read all previous post :P !) what are the steps ?

Now i will start reading ... :D

Many Thanks !

I am driving nuts after reading everywhere and I guess I've came across all solutions but none works...

After creating a bootable USB (following this tutorial's instructions - and creating a string for GTX 260) when I boot from the USB stick and choose the Mac OS X Installer DVD I get nothing but a blank black screen.

How can I sort this out?

Injecting the string during the creation of the USB stick isn't enough to make this work?

The thing is that I can't even go to the installation screen.

Any input is appreciated, thanks.

PS: If relevant at all I'm using a 10.6.3 image.

Hi, i used Digital Dreamers installer and i can boot up fine but i CANNOT get ethernet working. Im using the kext that comes with the installer (RealtekR1000SL.kext) but it just won't work. Ive also unplugged the power and then cleared the cmos and still a no go..... Any ideas?

Hi, i used Digital Dreamers installer and i can boot up fine but i CANNOT get ethernet working. Im using the kext that comes with the installer (RealtekR1000SL.kext) but it just won't work. Ive also unplugged the power and then cleared the cmos and still a no go..... Any ideas?

The kext needs to be placed in S/L/E, anywhere else and it wont work.

I am driving nuts after reading everywhere and I guess I've came across all solutions but none works...

After creating a bootable USB (following this tutorial's instructions - and creating a string for GTX 260) when I boot from the USB stick and choose the Mac OS X Installer DVD I get nothing but a blank black screen.

How can I sort this out?

Injecting the string during the creation of the USB stick isn't enough to make this work?

Just to make sure did you use DD's script to select the efi string and then add it to your boot.plist? And have you maunally checked the boot.plist to make sure its in there. From what I've heard the GraphicsEnabler should work for the GTX260.

For what its worth I had a similar issue (mine wasn't during the installation it was on the first boot) but adding the efi string for my card solved the issue.

I bought the SL retail DVD.

Before i try it to install, i wanna ask you if it's necessary to have installed first another MAC OS X version on my HDD.

Thanks in advance.

If you have the retail CD you should be good to install on the hard drive, it doesn't need any extra OS on it, but you will need another working OSX drive/computer to run DD's script in the first place to start the process.

Now on to my own business, has anyone noticed recently that playing audio (from itunes) is a bit choppy? The same with Youtube videos.

Currently using DD's script for a UD4P board with 889a sound chipset.

Sound works fine, however none of my sound inputs work. They are registered and appear in the sound menu, however no line in signal is showing.

I was wondering if this is a pin-out issue that others are having? If yes, which kexts / pinout kexts are required to get line in working with this board.

Cheers

Just to make sure did you use DD's script to select the efi string and then add it to your boot.plist? And have you maunally checked the boot.plist to make sure its in there. From what I've heard the GraphicsEnabler should work for the GTX260.

For what its worth I had a similar issue (mine wasn't during the installation it was on the first boot) but adding the efi string for my card solved the issue.

If you have the retail CD you should be good to install on the hard drive, it doesn't need any extra OS on it, but you will need another working OSX drive/computer to run DD's script in the first place to start the process.

Now on to my own business, has anyone noticed recently that playing audio (from itunes) is a bit choppy? The same with Youtube videos.

I installed OSX 10.5.2 on my second HDD.

Please tell me the next step. How do i have to proceed now, to install SL ?

Do i have to install SL on the same partition with OSX 10.5.2 ? I mean, SL will "overwrite" 10.5.2 ?

Do i need EFI ? I need some help, guys. Please.

Thanks.

I installed OSX 10.5.2 on my second HDD.

Please tell me the next step. How do i have to proceed now, to install SL ?

Do i have to install SL on the same partition with OSX 10.5.2 ? I mean, SL will "overwrite" 10.5.2 ?

Do i need EFI ? I need some help, guys. Please.

Thanks.

If you have 10.5.2 up and running now all you do is boot into it. Once you're all booted up you just run DD's script and follow his instructions on the first post. You can install SL on a separate hard drive or use disk utility to create another partition and install onto that, and its your choice if you want to use efi or /extra install method. I personally prefer /extra much easier to change and view stuff.

If you have 10.5.2 up and running now all you do is boot into it. Once you're all booted up you just run DD's script and follow his instructions on the first post. You can install SL on a separate hard drive or use disk utility to create another partition and install onto that, and its your choice if you want to use efi or /extra install method. I personally prefer /extra much easier to change and view stuff.

Thanks for your help, Sidewinder.

But if i wanna install SL on the same partition with 10.5.2 ?

Is that possible ? I don't think i need 2 MAC OS X versions.

Thanks for your help, Sidewinder.

But if i wanna install SL on the same partition with 10.5.2 ?

Is that possible ? I don't think i need 2 MAC OS X versions.

Are there any files on your install that you wish to keep?

What do you have on the other partition?

You can do this two different ways:

Use a preboot CD to boot into a DVD installer. Proceed to install with the "erase partition first" method.

You could clone your existing 10.5.2 install to the other partition. Then, install a bootloader onto it and boot into it.

After that, you could proceed perform the necessary install procedures for the other partition.

I strongly suggest always having a small "maintenance" partition (~15-20 GB) available to work from anytime you need to. This provides a safety net to work from in times of trouble and provides the greatest flexibility. Only having one install partition really limits your options and can make a simple task much more difficult.

MAJ

Are there any files on your install that you wish to keep?

What do you have on the other partition?

You can do this two different ways:

Use a preboot CD to boot into a DVD installer. Proceed to install with the "erase partition first" method.

You could clone your existing 10.5.2 install to the other partition. Then, install a bootloader onto it and boot into it.

After that, you could proceed perform the necessary install procedures for the other partition.

I strongly suggest always having a small "maintenance" partition (~15-20 GB) available to work from anytime you need to. This provides a safety net to work from in times of trouble and provides the greatest flexibility. Only having one install partition really limits your options and can make a simple task much more difficult.

MAJ

I have 2 HDD's in my PC.

1 hdd is 640 GB - C is 50 GB for OS and D for games,movies,music...

The second hdd is 640 GB as well. It was empty. I formated,made 1 partition 40 GB, for OSX 10.5.2 and the free space ( about 550 GB ) is still empty, as the E partition, for Windows.

How would you recommend to use the second hdd, ONLY for MAC OS X ?

Thanks a million.

How can I sort this out?

Not sure how this would work in for a installer, but can you try booting into Safe Mode (-x)?

Currently using DD's script for a UD4P board with 889a sound chipset.

Sound works fine, however none of my sound inputs work. They are registered and appear in the sound menu, however no line in signal is showing.

I was wondering if this is a pin-out issue that others are having? If yes, which kexts / pinout kexts are required to get line in working with this board.

Cheers

Yes, this is a pin-out issue. Not all kexts are full featured and implement all inputs/outputs. You're going to have to experiment with the various kexts available or read up on other users' experiences.

MAJ

Ok so i cant get this going and its driving me crazy. Ill write down my process.

Use Preboot.dmg from this post to boot up and press F5 to rescan the drives.

Install OSX 10.6.3

Boot into OSX and run the hackinstaller. (I dont use any of the bootloaders provided, i install a newer RC5 rev) then i continue on with the directions.. mark active , install kexts ect steps 2-7.

Run Pfix and reboot.

Take disc out and boot off hard drive. Most of the time it doesnt kernel panic it just freezes when you do -v it will just stop and stay stuck on something diff each time it seems.

I have a GTX 470 i dunno if thats causing any of the issues.. but with the RC5 i have when i boot with -v it does recognize the card.

I cant boot into osx without the preboot dmg ;)

PS: Im on the same setup as dd... ex58 ud5, i7 920

Well I figured out what my problem was, I had updated to the f13j beta bios from gigabyte and it messed up my audio playback and video playback, downgraded back to f12 and everything is running great.

Hi guys,

I want to ask some noob questions.

My computer specs:

- EX58-UD5 F12 BIOS

- Core i7 920

- 12 Gb Kit DDR3 1333 Patriot Viper Series

- EVGA NVidia GTX 285 2GB

I have an EFiX module, and a lot of problems with that, and for that reason, I would like to start doing something with the OpenSource alternatives. I have read a lot (I am a little bit confused).

I have a 256Mb USB, and I installed Chameleon 2RC4. I have Snow Leopard installed (done with EFiX), and I would like to use it, instead reinstall again (so I don't want to do the step 4 in the script).

To configure my USB chameleon booter, I tried to use your script that looks pretty cool. But the thing is when I tried to run the option 5 "Run kext/kernel installer", it keeps in the main menu with the message "ext installer cannot proceed with no OS installed!", and I don't understand, because I have one OS installed... (in fact, if I can "double click" on the script, like your instructions said, means that I am in a OS)...

So I don't know what can I do...

Please, help me. Thanks and sorry for the inconveniences.

Cheers.

Hi guys,

I want to ask some noob questions.

My computer specs:

- EX58-UD5 F12 BIOS

- Core i7 920

- 12 Gb Kit DDR3 1333 Patriot Viper Series

- EVGA NVidia GTX 285 2GB

I have an EFiX module, and a lot of problems with that, and for that reason, I would like to start doing something with the OpenSource alternatives. I have read a lot (I am a little bit confused).

I have a 256Mb USB, and I installed Chameleon 2RC4. I have Snow Leopard installed (done with EFiX), and I would like to use it, instead reinstall again (so I don't want to do the step 4 in the script).

To configure my USB chameleon booter, I tried to use your script that looks pretty cool. But the thing is when I tried to run the option 5 "Run kext/kernel installer", it keeps in the main menu with the message "ext installer cannot proceed with no OS installed!", and I don't understand, because I have one OS installed... (in fact, if I can "double click" on the script, like your instructions said, means that I am in a OS)...

So I don't know what can I do...

Please, help me. Thanks and sorry for the inconveniences.

Cheers.

I'm an expert by no means, but I think you might have selected the usb drive as install location in the script (in the first step, before you reach the menu). To install kexts, you need a target drive with OS X installed. If your efi-x install works, you should be able to run the script on that install, installing the boot loader and kexts and such. Then make sure you remove the efi-x before starting again, and I think it should work.

I don't know if efi-x installs anything, so if it does, it might screw things up. But it's worth trying at least. Just make sure you have a backup of your important documents.

Wonder if someone would share some tips

concerning my new setup.

currently running a stable and fast 10.6.4 in 64 bit

with a Gigabyte EP-45 DS 4 , Quad 9550 and an ATI HD 5770 (without ATY init)

using Aseres 1.9 BL (with the correct framebuffer for the 5770) Cartris MacBios 0.8

and only 2 Kext in E/ never had any issues...

Now If i see the problems here naturally

I am sort of nervous exspecting my new hardware :-)

Gigabyte X58-UD5 rev.2.0 - i7 940 - 6 GB Mushkin Redlines

Is there anyone with some tips avoiding a fresh installation by modifing my current setup

Where are the caveats?

Hi, I thought that I could do a pendrive booter (like EFiX) to boot in SL.

So this method doesn't allow that.

Oh I see, well yes, I think you should. However, I don't understand why you would want to have the hazzle of starting through a booter like that every time when your hardware supports a completely functional install.

To do that, you should create a boot drive from your usb stick. It's option 15 in the script.