[GUIDE] Scripted Yosemite/Mavericks Install on Gigabyte Mobos

4,696 posts in this topic

Got jumpy mouse back after 10.6.5 update, using the crusair method with 9800gt. Used the remove appleupstreamclient fix before and its still in place but jumpy mouse has returned. Anybody else experience this? Still above 10000 on geekbench 32bit with 3.2 overclock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I installed usb overdrive and now all is fine. Love this forum, hope everyone is as happy with there hackintosh as I am.

Initially had problems upgrading to 10.6.5 from 10.6.4. Used d00ds guide to patch my DSDT. Did steps 4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12 (sleep/wake with powerbutton woohoo!), 14, 20 (PciRoot=0 for my setup), 22. I did these steps to get rid of SleepEnabler.kext, and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Also I switched to using HDAEnabler.kext and LegacyHDA.kext instead of going with VooDooHDA.kext

Now I just have the following kexts and was able to successfully update to 10.6.5

ATA								VERSION	 ARCH	 SIZE  DESTINATION
1) AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext		  2.5.1	 x86_64	 280K	   /Extra
2) IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext 1.1.1		N/A	   4K	   /Extra
3) JMicron36xeSATA.kext			0.7		  N/A	  12K	   /Extra

Audio
4) HDAEnabler.kext				 1.0.0d1   x86_64	 108K	   /Extra
5) LegacyHDA.kext				  888		  N/A	  72K	   /Extra

Graphics
  (No files present to install)

Networking
6) RealtekR1000SL.kext			 2.0.0d1   x86_64	 256K	  /System

Misc Patches
7) fakesmc.kext					2		 x86_64	 124K	   /Extra
8) OpenHaltRestart.kext			2.1.0	 x86_64	 100K	   /Extra
9) PlatformUUID.kext			   1.0.0	 x86_64	 104K	   /Extra

Kernel & matching kext

GA-EX58-UD5

i7 920

eVGA GTX285

Using C2R4 r684

Initially had problems upgrading to 10.6.5 from 10.6.4. Used d00ds guide to patch my DSDT. Did steps 4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12 (sleep/wake with powerbutton woohoo!), 14, 20 (PciRoot=0 for my setup), 22. I did these steps to get rid of SleepEnabler.kext, and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

Also I switched to using HDAEnabler.kext and LegacyHDA.kext instead of going with VooDooHDA.kext

Now I just have the following kexts and was able to successfully update to 10.6.5

ATA								VERSION	 ARCH	 SIZE  DESTINATION
1) AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext		  2.5.1	 x86_64	 280K	   /Extra
2) IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext 1.1.1		N/A	   4K	   /Extra
3) JMicron36xeSATA.kext			0.7		  N/A	  12K	   /Extra

Audio
4) HDAEnabler.kext				 1.0.0d1   x86_64	 108K	   /Extra
5) LegacyHDA.kext				  888		  N/A	  72K	   /Extra

Graphics

Networking
6) RealtekR1000SL.kext			 2.0.0d1   x86_64	 256K	  /System

Misc Patches
7) fakesmc.kext					2		 x86_64	 124K	   /Extra
8) OpenHaltRestart.kext			2.1.0	 x86_64	 100K	   /Extra
9) PlatformUUID.kext			   1.0.0	 x86_64	 104K	   /Extra

Kernel & matching kext

GA-EX58-UD5

i7 920

eVGA GTX285

Using C2R4 r684

Your hardware setup is almost indentical to mine (my GTX 285 is a zotac model).

I have the same kexts as you except I don't use 1,2, or 3.

If you have made the right DSDT mods you shoudn't need kexts 1-2

and I don't use the jmicron ports on my mobo, so don't have 3 (they are supposed to be buggy as hell anyway).

Have you modded AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext as in doods post 1, this could double your peak graphics framerates.

Cheers

Jon

Hi,

I'm finally probably going to install windows 7 on a separate drive on my hack to play games.

Given my MAJ script install with d00d DST mods, with the asrere bootloader, what is the best way to do the install? I recall from way back in the thread that I should disconnect my os X drives before doing the windows install.

If i do this, will i then be able to then boot either os x or windows from the asere bootloader? or will I have to switch the boot drive in the BIOS? (pain!).

Thanks

Jon

Hey guys,

Is anyone using an nVidia GTX 480 with their hack? If so, were there any challenges to getting it up and running? I'm using a GTX 285 atm but have a friend's 480 available to play with.

I'm using Chameleon 2 RC5 build 619 ...

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Your hardware setup is almost indentical to mine (my GTX 285 is a zotac model).

I have the same kexts as you except I don't use 1,2, or 3.

If you have made the right DSDT mods you shoudn't need kexts 1-2

and I don't use the jmicron ports on my mobo, so don't have 3 (they are supposed to be buggy as hell anyway).

Have you modded AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext as in doods post 1, this could double your peak graphics framerates.

Cheers

Jon

Definitely still a work in progress. I didn't do all the DSDT patches, my first goal was to get 10.6.5 installed and determining what kexts was problematic. Now that I got 10.6.5 installed, I can now trim down the kexts with the ones I can do away with.

I did make the changes to AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext but cinebench 11 test still gives me ~24.5 fps.

Got jumpy mouse back after 10.6.5 update, using the crusair method with 9800gt. Used the remove appleupstreamclient fix before and its still in place but jumpy mouse has returned. Anybody else experience this? Still above 10000 on geekbench 32bit with 3.2 overclock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mobelos, i want to make you a question: which kind of mouse do you have? USB, Bluetooth, Wireless USB?

Let me tell you something i've found that some mouse behave jumping on OS X, some USB Wireless Mouses do that, also Microsoft Bluetooth do that.

The first time that i installed SL i've found that the mouse was erratic/delaying/jumping, i found the solution that you mentioned about the upstreamclient, but didn't help. My Graphics card its a EVGA 9800 GT 512 MB, i tried with different firmwares from other vendors, i tried changing it for a GT9400 and the problem was there.

Finally i swapped the Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse for a USB Standard Mouse from Logitech and it worked great, later i installed a the Notebook 3000 Mouse, and it works fine.

I've found Microsoft Wireless 3000 Notebook Mouse to be fantastic and stable

Give it a try, you can go to any Best Buy and buy a pair of mouses to try, if that does not help, you can return them to the store without problem.

I installed usb overdrive and now all is fine. Love this forum, hope everyone is as happy with there hackintosh as I am.

What do you mean with USB overdrive ? What is that?

I did make the changes to AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext but cinebench 11 test still gives me ~24.5 fps.

I'd probably say that your card is cranking up its GPU speed properly then, as without the mod cinebench gives me ~15ps, and with them I get ~30

Nvclock could confirm it for you. Doods post 1 also tells you how to set the GPU an speed to auto which will help your card run cooler as well.

Cheers

Jon

Mobelos, i want to make you a question: which kind of mouse do you have? USB, Bluetooth, Wireless USB?

Let me tell you something i've found that some mouse behave jumping on OS X, some USB Wireless Mouses do that, also Microsoft Bluetooth do that.

The first time that i installed SL i've found that the mouse was erratic/delaying/jumping, i found the solution that you mentioned about the upstreamclient, but didn't help. My Graphics card its a EVGA 9800 GT 512 MB, i tried with different firmwares from other vendors, i tried changing it for a GT9400 and the problem was there.

Finally i swapped the Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse for a USB Standard Mouse from Logitech and it worked great, later i installed a the Notebook 3000 Mouse, and it works fine.

I've found Microsoft Wireless 3000 Notebook Mouse to be fantastic and stable

Give it a try, you can go to any Best Buy and buy a pair of mouses to try, if that does not help, you can return them to the store without problem.

What do you mean with USB overdrive ? What is that?

usb overdrive is a program. I use a logitech usb mouse optical. I appreciate the feedback.

SCRIPT UPDATE:

UPDATE: 11/19/2010 - version 5.0 BETA

• Script can now install kexts via /Extra/Extensions method (no boot cache), enabling one to install all or, at least, most kexts in /Extra that previously wouldn't function, either because of missing dependencies or because a boot cache couldn't be created from them (wrong OSBundleRequired type). Users can switch between the /Extra/Extensions or /Extra/Extensions.mkext (boot cache) installs after a Target Drive has been selected. This option is enabled via Preferences, "Enable script to work with Extra/Extensions (No boot cache)," and is off by default. Script takes care of the directory renaming.
    NOTE: There is still some work that needs to be done here in recognizing the correct setup and doing the correct conversion. However, it should work as advertised when selecting a new target drive. The only issue at present is getting the script to properly recognize the correct setup at startup.
  • Added ability to install video ROM files placed in the "Plists_and_other_files folder." Files of the format, vendorid_deviceid.rom (e.g. 1002_9440.rom for ATI Radeon HD 4870), are installed in /Extra during a Chameleon RC5 (or greater) bootloader install. The script will determine the vendor and add the appropriate key to the boot plist (UseAtiROM or UseNvidiaROM keys).
  • Included latest unofficial release of Chameleon RC5 - revision 642.
  • Included the Chameleon 2.0.0 RC5 Preference Pane for use with the RC5 bootloader. Located in /~extra/Bootloaders.
  • Included Lnx2Mac's Realtek RTL81xx LAN driver. This driver is one I'm currently using and is based on the previous Chucko driver, RealtekR1000SL.kext, by Chuck Fry, and reports faster bandwidth than Realtek's own driver. More info here.
  • Included Realtek's latest LAN driver, AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext v2.0.5. Some report, however, that this driver dies after wake from sleep, requiring a reboot.
  • LAN drivers have been installed into a vanilla IONetworkingFamily.kext as a PlugIn, with the "OSBundleRequired" string updated to "Root," making it possible for the LAN kexts to be installed in /Extra (instead of /System) for full operation.
  • Added MacMan's updated JMicron kexts, JMicron36xSATA.kext and JMicron36xeSATA.kext. The JMicron36xeSATA.kext is designed for eSATA connections and allows hot-swapping. Drives appear as external (orange).
  • Included LaCie's USB 3.0 driver, PXHCD.kext, with modbin's mod to make it work with other USB devices besides LaCie. Note that this is experimental and has various issues, as reported in this thread. This USB driver only works for motherboards that incorporate the NEC uPD720200 chipset and can be found in /Misc_Patches/_repository.
  • Added EFI strings for nVidia GTX 400 card series.
  • Added updated Sleepenabler.kext for 10.6.5. No pmVersion flag is needed for this kext, AFAIK.
  • Added Netkas' QE/CI exotic patch installer for 10.6.5 - for use on AMD/ATI 4XXX and 5xxx series GPUs. Located in /Kexts_10.6/_Graphics/_repository.
  • Updated ASL Optimizing Compiler for DSDT patcher to version 20100915 (Sept 15, 2010).
  • Fixed a stupid bug that prevented Time Machine Restore from recognizing the OS Install disc.
  • Updated boot disk creation routine to use IEC standard units (KiB, MiB, GiB), if applicable, when calculating disk sizes.
  • Script will now properly ignore any Offline or Degraded AppleRAID sets due to damaged or missing RAID slices.
  • Hopefully fixed an issue where boot cache builds would fail ("..kext is not authentic") for EFI partitions, because correct file permissions were not being retained. This appears to be due to volume ownership not being enabled in certain situations, like when installing on a USB drive.
  • Fixed a bug where custom keys wouldn't show up properly when modifying them in the Plist editor.
  • Fixed a log reporting error where contents of S/L/E directory wasn't properly displayed during a boot cache update.
  • Added several new keys in Plist Editor (Rename Partition, UseAtiROM, UseNvidiaROM, SystemType, RestartFix, EnablePStates, and EnableCStates) that can be used with new bootloader (Chameleon RC5).

kind regards,

MAJ

Excellent work MAJ, thank you very much for all the hard work! I've been using your scripts and setup for over a year now, and am very happy with it.

I have a question, though, for anyone that could help me out. Upgraded to 10.6.5 and everything works great except for my airport card (Broadcom based, see my sig). OS X simply refused to acknowledge it. LSPCI shows it there, and kextstat shows IO80211Family is loading, but no dice. Strangely enough, the wifi works perfectly if I boot using safe mode.

Any ideas? I'll try posting a diff of the loaded kexts.

Thanks!

I'd probably say that your card is cranking up its GPU speed properly then, as without the mod cinebench gives me ~15ps, and with them I get ~30

Nvclock could confirm it for you. Doods post 1 also tells you how to set the GPU an speed to auto which will help your card run cooler as well.

Cheers

Jon

ahhh good to know. I also followed your guide on setting GPU fan speed on wake/boot. ;)

BTW, do you notice any video stutter when you have a monitors rotation set to something other than "standard"? set rotation to something other than standard and just drag a finder window left to right repeatedly at a moderate speed and every so often (~15-20secs) you'll see the movement of the window motion skip/jump.

I had my left monitor set to 90º rotation and noticed that when it was on standard rotation the stutter went away. So now I have both monitors at standard rotation for now.

I didn't have this problem prior to DSDT changes and on 10.6.4. It happens on 10.6 as well with same DSDT.aml so I'm suspecting its something in DSDT?

SCRIPT UPDATE:

Did a fresh install on a spare drive using the 11/19/2010 v5.0 BETA hackinstaller script. Was checking if the video stutter I was getting existed in a fresh install but that ended up being the monitor rotation setting somehow triggering it (wierd). Using C2RC5 mozo. Patched DSDT with defaults enabled.

Saw these come thru verbose boot.

Nov 20 12:05:35 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily, v1.8: already have loaded v1.9.
Nov 20 12:05:37 localhost kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed

In com.apple.boot.plist:

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EnableCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EnablePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Hackintosh</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Kexts:

ATA					  VERSION	  ARCH	SIZE  DESTINATION
1) IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext   1.1.1		 N/A	  4K	   /Extra
2) JMicron36xSATA.kext			   0.7		   N/A	  8K	   /Extra

Audio
3) HDAEnabler.kext				   1.0.0d1	x86_64	108K	   /Extra
4) LegacyHDA.kext					888		   N/A	 72K	   /Extra

Graphics

Networking
5) IONetworkingFamily.kext		   1.9		x86_64	3.7M	   /Extra

Misc Patches
6) fakesmc.kext					  2		  x86_64	124K	   /Extra

Kernel & matching kext

I have a question, though, for anyone that could help me out. Upgraded to 10.6.5 and everything works great except for my airport card (Broadcom based, see my sig). OS X simply refused to acknowledge it. LSPCI shows it there, and kextstat shows IO80211Family is loading, but no dice. Strangely enough, the wifi works perfectly if I boot using safe mode.

DrCereal,

I'm assuming you are using the IONetworkingFamily.kext and it's installed in /Extra.

What happens if you install the IONetworkingFamily.kext into /System, instead?

There may still be some issues with the IONetworkingFamily.kext being in /Extra due to dependencies not be satisfied.

Saw these come thru verbose boot.

Nov 20 12:05:35 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily, v1.8: already have loaded v1.9.
  Nov 20 12:05:37 localhost kernel[0]: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed

I'd expect the "Refusing new kext.." error to show up, because we have a version installed in /Extra now. That gets installed first during boot and then the kernel sees another one in S/L/E. Since the one in S/L/E is an older version (still on 10.6.4?), it decides to keep the later version that's in /Extra. This is all normal.

The ACPI_SMC error may be popping up because you have "EnableCStates" and "EnablePStates" enabled in the boot plist, but the settings in the SSDT tables don't compare with the ones included in the bootloader. You likely need to add the "DropSSDT"="Yes" key in the boot plist, as well.

My ATI 4870 X2 card has been failing since yesterday. I get artifacts starting at boot time (yes, in VESA mode) and doesn't make it to the desktop most of the time. If I make it to the Desktop, it may turn to video corruption after a few minutes. Appears to be a video RAM issue.

It's not temp related, as it'll occur on a cold boot after sitting for several hours. Shutting off PSU doesn't help.

I'm using the old ATI 2600 in Safe Boot with no QE/CI. Safari won't let me browse most sites (even insanelymac), as it appears to require QE/CI. Downloaded Firefox and can now post, as you can see. :P

Now, looking for a cheap card with QE/CI in Mac OS X. Grrrrrrr.

best of wishes,

MAJ

DrCereal,

I'm assuming you are using the IONetworkingFamily.kext and it's installed in /Extra.

What happens if you install the IONetworkingFamily.kext into /System, instead?

There may still be some issues with the IONetworkingFamily.kext being in /Extra due to dependencies not be satisfied.

best of wishes,

MAJ

Thanks a lot MAJ for the very quick response. Alas, it didn't help. There seems to be a few other people with the same conundrum as I with 10.6.5, as can be seen on this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...0&start=260

As for now, if anyone else has a similar wifi card to mine (or any Broadcom 430X based card) I'd suggest waiting on upgrading.

Thanks a lot MAJ for the very quick response. Alas, it didn't help. There seems to be a few other people with the same conundrum as I with 10.6.5, as can be seen on this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...0&start=260

As for now, if anyone else has a similar wifi card to mine (or any Broadcom based card) I'd suggest waiting on upgrading.

That's disappointing.

I see a 8 page Apple Discussion thread on 10.6.5 and wifi issues. :angel:

kind regards,

MAJ

Ah! How about adding max_valid_dma_addr=1024 to your Kernel Flags string?

Solution discussed at Broadcom440x Problems after 10.6.5 Update thread.

Poster says Broadcom440x driver has problems with DMA mapping after 1GB.

MAJ

Ah! How about adding max_valid_dma_addr=1024 to your Kernel Flags string?

Solution discussed at Broadcom440x Problems after 10.6.5 Update thread.

Poster says Broadcom440x driver has problems with DMA mapping after 1GB.

MAJ

Thank you! Yes, though, I saw that last night. The guy is using a broadcom 440X chip ethernet card though, whereas I'm using a 440X wifi card... are they similar enough that the same solution would apply to me? It's possible but I'd be left with 1GB or RAM anyway. I'll do the experiment, later today, if only to confirm. As I posted on the thread I linked above, my wifi works flawlessly if I boot in safe mode. Odd isn't it? Could it be a conflicting kext? I know safe mode does other things like not loading some config files, so it could be that instead. In any case, here's the list of kexts that are not loaded in safemode. Any ideas to what might be the culprit?

< com.apple.GeForce

< com.apple.driver.AppleIntelNehalemProfile

< com.apple.driver.AppleMCCSControl

< com.apple.driver.AppleProfileCallstackAction

< com.apple.driver.AppleProfileKEventAction

< com.apple.driver.AppleProfileReadCounterAction

< com.apple.driver.AppleProfileRegisterStateAction

< com.apple.driver.AppleProfileThreadInfoAction

< com.apple.driver.AppleProfileTimestampAction

< com.apple.driver.AppleSMBusController

< com.apple.driver.AppleSMBusPCI

< com.apple.driver.AppleTyMCEDriver

< com.apple.driver.AppleUpstreamUserClient

< com.apple.driver.AudioAUUC

< com.apple.driver.AudioIPCDriver

< com.apple.filesystems.ntfs

< com.apple.iokit.AppleProfileFamily

< com.apple.iokit.CHUDKernLib

< com.apple.iokit.CHUDProf

< com.apple.iokit.CHUDUtils

< com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily

< com.apple.iokit.IOBluetoothSerialManager

< com.apple.iokit.IOFireWireIP

< com.apple.iokit.IOSMBusFamily

< com.apple.iokit.IOSerialFamily

< com.apple.iokit.IOSurface

< com.apple.kext.OSvKernDSPLib

< com.bresink.driver.BRESINKx86Monitoring

SCRIPT UPDATE:

kind regards,

MAJ

DD, I got the following error when exiting the hackinstaller.

./~extra/Resources/HackInstaller.sh: line 27: /Users/Cruisar/Desktop/HackInstaller 2/~extra/Logs/Install.log: Permission denied. I checked the log for any similarities but found nothing compromising only a couple of

127:130: execution error: The variable EOT is not defined. (-2753)

during the parition viewing option.

Still testing the new script so maybe this might mean there is something wrong or maybe not.

Cheers Charles

DD, I got the following error when exiting the hackinstaller.

./~extra/Resources/HackInstaller.sh: line 27: /Users/Cruisar/Desktop/HackInstaller 2/~extra/Logs/Install.log: Permission denied. I checked the log for any similarities but found nothing compromising only a couple of

127:130: execution error: The variable EOT is not defined. (-2753)

during the parition viewing option.

Still testing the new script so maybe this might mean there is something wrong or maybe not.

Cheers Charles

Hey, Charles,

I see that the script folder name is changed, but that shouldn't be a problem, as the new path should include the name change. It appears sudo has failed, but I can't see why at the moment. The first thing the script does after entering password is write to the log and that is where it has failed.

If you have the BETA script on the desktop (or anywhere else), you shouldn't have to change the name. There are no hard paths in the script. When double-clicking the RUN_HACKINSTALLER file in the script folder, it should only run the script inside its home folder.

If you rename it back and take off the "2", does it work then? I changed the name of my script and it doesn't produce any errors. I'm still thinking about this a bit. ;)

The other "execution error" is from Applescript and is expected. In order for me to issue a variable (volume name) inside the Applescript responsible for opening a Finder window for RAID partitions, I have to create a "here document" and that setup is somewhat incomplete. But, it works as expected in spite of the error reporting. I may just dump this error line, but I've kept it in to reveal other errors that may crop up at that point.

The only issues I anticipate are in regards to switching between a boot cache setup and /Extra/Extensions setup. I need to make the script more foolproof in determining which setup is has encountered.

Thanks for your help!

MAJ

The only issues I anticipate are in regards to switching between a boot cache setup and /Extra/Extensions setup. I need to make the script more foolproof in determining which setup is has encountered.

Thanks for your help!

MAJ

I know a few about Unix scripts but I saw two EOT`

(with an accent). Is it perhaps a typo error?

for example:

end tell
 		EOT`
	fi

Hello.

Been trying to follow this tut, but I've been having a little trouble.

I have a EX58-EXTREME mobo it's almost the same as the ud5, and i have a i7 920.

I 'm trying the first method, I manage to boot using bootcd, after that I swap the disc, press f5 and do a -v flag, this error comes up:

"No DSDT found, using 0 as uid value

efi_inject_get_develope_string NULL trying stringdata

Patched DMI Table

No DSDT replacement found. Leaving ACPI data as is

starting Darwin x86_64"

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Tiago

Hey, Charles,

I see that the script folder name is changed, but that shouldn't be a problem, as the new path should include the name change. It appears sudo has failed, but I can't see why at the moment. The first thing the script does after entering password is write to the log and that is where it has failed.

If you have the BETA script on the desktop (or anywhere else), you shouldn't have to change the name. There are no hard paths in the script. When double-clicking the RUN_HACKINSTALLER file in the script folder, it should only run the script inside its home folder.

If you rename it back and take off the "2", does it work then? I changed the name of my script and it doesn't produce any errors. I'm still thinking about this a bit. :rolleyes:

The other "execution error" is from Applescript and is expected. In order for me to issue a variable (volume name) inside the Applescript responsible for opening a Finder window for RAID partitions, I have to create a "here document" and that setup is somewhat incomplete. But, it works as expected in spite of the error reporting. I may just dump this error line, but I've kept it in to reveal other errors that may crop up at that point.

Thanks for your help!

MAJ

Thanks for the vivid explnation MAJ, I did however have an older version of the script in my downloads folder and upon unarchiving the new one, it got the number 2 appended to it.

I renamed the folder back to hackinstaller and still got the same error upon exit. Script works fine though :-)

I know a few about Unix scripts but I saw two EOT`

(with an accent). Is it perhaps a typo error?

for example:

end tell
 		EOT`
	fi

You're probably thinking of EOF for End Of File, which is a common label. These are just labels and can be any word. In my case, it's End Of Text. The label is defined at the beginning to signify where the end of the text is.

It's a good thing it can be a label, so you can pick a word/string that won't be present in the body.

Hello.

Been trying to follow this tut, but I've been having a little trouble.

I have a EX58-EXTREME mobo it's almost the same as the ud5, and i have a i7 920.

I 'm trying the first method, I manage to boot using bootcd, after that I swap the disc, press f5 and do a -v flag, this error comes up:

"No DSDT found, using 0 as uid value

efi_inject_get_develope_string NULL trying stringdata

Patched DMI Table

No DSDT replacement found. Leaving ACPI data as is

starting Darwin x86_64"

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Tiago

That's as far as you get? I'm assuming "starting Darwin..." is the last line?

There should be more progress.

Because there is no DSDT file, it'll have to skip that portion and move on. Nothing abnormal here.

There's nothing unusual in the posted log. But, there should be more.

Is the activity light on the DVD read flashing (reading)?

MAJ