[GUIDE] Scripted Yosemite/Mavericks Install on Gigabyte Mobos

4,696 posts in this topic

10.6.5 is out. Users in other threads are reporting that they've had pretty good success just doing the normal software update without any problems.

I have yet to attempt a Snow Leopard build, still on 10.5.7 here-- hoping that I can do the 10.6.4 install from the first page of this thread and do a software update to 10.6.5 (though it sounds like SleepEnabler.kext pmVersion=21 is what people are using that works in 10.6.5).

Anyone with a UD5 board try 10.6.5 yet?

Hey,

Updated with 10.6.5 combi flawlessly.

Before reboot: rebuild combi cache in /Extra

everything seems OK

(I use CR2B5 rev.619 with fakesmc 2.7 ,all in /E/E)

Great!

10.6.5 is out. Users in other threads are reporting that they've had pretty good success just doing the normal software update without any problems.

I have yet to attempt a Snow Leopard build, still on 10.5.7 here-- hoping that I can do the 10.6.4 install from the first page of this thread and do a software update to 10.6.5 (though it sounds like SleepEnabler.kext pmVersion=21 is what people are using that works in 10.6.5).

Hey,

everything seems OK

Great!

Hey,

everything seems OK

Great!

Hey,

everything seems OK

Great!

:D

updated fine except for support for gtx 470 (it killed it. i can only see blocks of black and white)

Hey,

everything seems OK

Great!

:(

Hey,

everything seems OK

Great!

Allright, ive been in the hackintosh community for 2 years, but this is the first time i've seen anything like this...

So, i install 10.6.5 with the combo updater, rebuild my cache (combo) and do a reboot. This was all done on my test partition... Everything works, so I install it on my main drive (which is an apple raid setup), do exactly the same with ofcourse some extra steps like copying kernel to helper partitions and other stuff.

When i reboot my machine, i see the boot menu (chameleon) and i can select the main drive, but got stuck on the boot screen. When i boot in -v i just get a black screen, no white text on a black background like you normalle get, just a black screen. Never seen this before, i dont think it has something to do with my graphics card because normally everything would load (white text on black background with -v) but now right after i select my hackintosh in the boot screen, the screen goes black. BUT i can boot in safe mode...

Now i also have the same problem on my test drove, but yesterday everything worked fine on my test drive after the update :s...

When i boot in safe mode, the boot cache update fails with 93 kexts of 213 failing to get in the boot cache... Pretty weird...

Specs:

Ga-ex58-ud5 (f13j bios)

Radeon 4870

3 hard drives (1 for testing and 2 in an apple raid)

Can somebody please help? Has anyone even experienced something like this? Because i do this for 2 years and have never seen the screen goes black right after selecting mac os x in the boot screen ( and the computer doesnt reboot)

I got fed up of doing this so just eBay'd an Apple USB Ethernet Adapter, works wonders and I never have to worry about this any more. It didn't help that my G5 case mod meant that accessing the CLR CMOS button was very difficult!

You do not have to clear CMOS. You just have to remove power to the motherboard. That is sufficient to reset the built-in Ethernet.

Think ive found the source of my problem, it was the fact that ive upgraded my bios to the f13 beta. It seems that that bios interfered with the mac os x or the chameleon bootloader... For now if you want to update to 10.6.5, stay at f12 for your bios version on ga-ex58-ud5! (which is actually not very good because without f13 boot, you cant get past POST if you have an apple keyboard connected...)

Hey,

everything seems OK

Great!

;)

Think ive found the source of my problem, it was the fact that ive upgraded my bios to the f13 beta. It seems that that bios interfered with the mac os x or the chameleon bootloader... For now if you want to update to 10.6.5, stay at f12 for your bios version on ga-ex58-ud5! (which is actually not very good because without f13 boot, you cant get past POST if you have an apple keyboard connected...)

Hey,

I have Bios F13o but no RAID

everything seems OK

Great!

:)

Hey,

I have F13o bios but no raid !

everything seems OK

Great!

:P

Hey,

everything seems OK

Great!

biggrin.gif

Hey,

everything seems OK

Great!

Hey,

everything seems OK

Great!

Allright, ive been in the hackintosh community for 2 years, but this is the first time i've seen anything like this...

Hey,

everything seems OK

Great!

Hey,

everything seems OK

Great!

Thanks robasfr but if think i get it if you just say you're answer once :(.

What ive done:

Install the chameleon rc5 rev 619 or above.

In your boot.plist insert this key

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

Install mac os x 10.6.5 update (dont forget to use the combo installer and to update the boot caches before restart using Digital Dreamer's script)

Update your bios to F13p (latest version available on moment of writing)

WARNING

Do this only if you have a modified DSDT to have native powermanagement, turbo boost,...

If you've installed your hackintosh using the kexts of Digital Dreamer's script, I think it just safe to upgrade (just dont forget to update your boot cache :lol: )

Thanks robasfr but if think i get it if you just say you're answer once :).

What ive done:

Install the chameleon rc5 rev 619 or above.

In your boot.plist insert this key

<string>Yes</string>

Install mac os x 10.6.5 update (dont forget to use the combo installer and to update the boot caches before restart using Digital Dreamer's script)

Update your bios to F13p (latest version available on moment of writing)

WARNING

Do this only if you have a modified DSDT to have native powermanagement, turbo boost,...

If you've installed your hackintosh using the kexts of Digital Dreamer's script, I think it just safe to upgrade (just dont forget to update your boot cache :) )

would you happen to have simple instructions on how to update/install Chameleon rc5 or above?

is there an updated dsdt ?

My upgrade went fine

Did nothing, just rebooted and everything worked for me (OK cheating by using apple ethernet card - never had any problems and my graphics card is standard). Everything that was working seems to be still working

Once my install was working about a year ago I stopped fiddling and started using it instead :thumbsup_anim:

steve

Good info. Thanks for that report.

MAJ

Good info. Thanks for that report.

MAJ

Hey,

I have F13o bios !

everything seems OK

Great!

;)

Hey,

I have F13o bios !

everything seems OK

Great!

:police:

hi can you share your files that you put into your e/e ?

for ur UD5 board with 10.6.5 ?

right now i am using DSDT.aml file in /extra, and in /extra/Stored_kexts/fakesmc.kext

those are the only 2 files i have. in addition, in S/L/E i have the 3 ATI kext files from the old 10.6.3.

thanks for your help in advance!!

My upgrade went fine

Did nothing, just rebooted and everything worked for me (OK cheating by using apple ethernet card - never had any problems and my graphics card is standard). Everything that was working seems to be still working

Once my install was working about a year ago I stopped fiddling and started using it instead :wub:

steve

And where has Steve been hiding?

And where has Steve been hiding?

Hi CruiSAr

Not really hiding, I just found myself doing other things

I'm quite happy with my hack so I stopped tweaking, it copes with the upgrades and seems to have less issues than real mac's (if I say myself ;-). I took the view that stability was more important to me than squeezing the last 1% out my build, it's allowed me to focus on other hobbies and stuff

For example, at work I've been involved in lots of cross platform mobility solns so have been building up my skill set by working with Dashcode HTML5 and Xcode 4, plus GIS maps etc

Nice to know that the upgrade was still zero touch after a year

Hi CruiSAr

Not really hiding, I just found myself doing other things

I'm quite happy with my hack so I stopped tweaking, it copes with the upgrades and seems to have less issues than real mac's (if I say myself ;-). I took the view that stability was more important to me than squeezing the last 1% out my build, it's allowed me to focus on other hobbies and stuff

For example, at work I've been involved in lots of cross platform mobility solns so have been building up my skill set by working with Dashcode HTML5 and Xcode 4, plus GIS maps etc

Nice to know that the upgrade was still zero touch after a year

Hey Locus,

I saw in your sig you have wake from sleep with magic mouse enabled. can you point me in the direction of any info as to how you got this to work?

thanks

Hey Locus,

I saw in your sig you have wake from sleep with magic mouse enabled. can you point me in the direction of any info as to how you got this to work?

thanks

I should really change that signature :)

I have 2 main BT USB dongles, both Trust with the same part id but with different chips - one is CSR the other is Broadcom, both behave different and have different issues, see following thread

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...3272&st=220

wrt to the Broadcom I mean that it won't reliable idle sleep (it does sometimes but usually wake straight away). You can force it to sleep OK though, if you do that then you wake it via mouse)

The CSR will sleep but you can't wake it via mouse, you have to use keypad or something else

Apart from that my sleep is well behaved.

I spent a lot of time messing with BT never got the last bit working properly but haven't gone back to it since about

10.6.3 - now that you mention it maybe I'll take another look in case anything changed since (even real macs have problems with BT if you read the mac newsgroups - even in IT industry BlueTooth seems to be regarded as unreliable)

Over the past year I just got used to using the keyboard to wake - well it's actually physically less effort !!

Also got a trackpad but don't use it much

hi can you share your files that you put into your e/e ?

for ur UD5 board with 10.6.5 ?

right now i am using DSDT.aml file in /extra, and in /extra/Stored_kexts/fakesmc.kext

those are the only 2 files i have. in addition, in S/L/E i have the 3 ATI kext files from the old 10.6.3.

thanks for your help in advance!!

Hello,

I have in Extra:

• 1002_9442.rom (my original PC GC rom file)
  • com.apple.boot.plist
  • dsdt.aml (from dOOd )
  • Extensions.mkext (combi mkext)
  • smbios.plist
  • Themes
  • Util

I have in /Extra/_Kexts_For_Extra_Cache:

• AtherosFix.kext (for my Wifi PCI card)
  • fakesmc.kext (2.7 rev 181 from dOOd)
  • HDAEnabler.kext
  • LegacyHDA.kext
  • PlatformUUID.kext
  • RealtekRTL81xx.kext
  • JMicron36xeSATA.kext
  • JMicronATA.kext
  • IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
  • LegacyATI4800Controller.kext

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>DSDT</key>

<string>/Extra/dsdt.aml</string>

<key>Default Partition</key>

<string>hd(2,2)</string>

<key>DropSSDT</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1920x1080x32</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>SMBIOS</key>

<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>MacPro5,1</string>

<key>Theme</key>

<string>default</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>UseAtiROM</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Wake</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Hope this helps !

Good luck

:)

My upgrade went fine

Once my install was working about a year ago I stopped fiddling and started using it instead ;)

steve

in the past when upgrading from 10.6.3 and 10.6.4 i had to copy the 3 atiframebuffer,support4800controller kext files after the update...

do you still have to do this with the 10.6.5 update? for the ATI4870 cards?

thanks again for your time and help!!

in the past when upgrading from 10.6.3 and 10.6.4 i had to copy the 3 atiframebuffer,support4800controller kext files after the update...

do you still have to do this with the 10.6.5 update? for the ATI4870 cards?

thanks again for your time and help!!

Hi

No, the blue software update globe thing says there is an update and if I decide to take it I just press install and everything works

I tried to make my hardware as apple compatible as possible - eg my network card is apple and my graphics card is a standard ati card (ie usually a red one). Only run fakesmc, haven't changed anything in nearly a year inc bios

(it's working, fastest and best computer I ever had, why would I complain or change it?, why not enjoy it ;-)

Got jumpy mouse back after 10.6.5 update, using the crusair method with 9800gt. Used the remove appleupstreamclient fix before and its still in place but jumpy mouse has returned. Anybody else experience this? Still above 10000 on geekbench 32bit with 3.2 overclock. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

@AppleIIGuy , hi, I tried that, but no luck...is there any trick? could u post some more details?

is there some other kexts that I should remove from DD's 'hackinstaller' pack?

is there some flags/lines that I should add/remove from *.plist?

thanks [ with those looong booting times, without sleep, this is almost unusable...]

[ex-58 extreme / i7-920-D0 / nv-gts250-1024mb]

later edit:

tried everything...even restored back the previous 'sleepenabler', but still no sleep state...

what can I do?

please help

Well to patch my DSDT i use a DSDT Autopatcher of Gigabyte Ex58/A motherboard series. And Chameleon V5 with Generate c/p States turned on.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...howtopic=235523

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231075

In /Extra/Extensions

AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

JMicronATA.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

In /S/L/E

FakeSMC.kext

NVClockX.kext

IntelThermal.kext

RealtekRTL81xx.kext

I tried to make my hardware as apple compatible as possible - eg my network card is apple and my graphics card is a standard ati card (ie usually a red one). Only run fakesmc, haven't changed anything in nearly a year inc bios

(it's working, fastest and best computer I ever had, why would I complain or change it?, why not enjoy it ;-)

I'm wondering if the Mac branded video cards available through Apple work on Hackintosh machines. My hackintosh has been fine thus far with a compatible nVidia card using a string, but I like the idea of being "as compatible as possible" to avoid hiccups. Plus, this would open up the possibility of using an Apple Cinema Display, if I wanted, without some adapter to manage the mini display port connection.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've booted into Windows since I built my hackintosh a year and a half ago-- that's the only issue I can imagine with a Mac video card is just the drivers for use in Windows.