[Guide] Vanilla Retail 10.6.x with Chameleon v2 for Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L

blackosx

3,676 posts in this topic

All the latest DSDT information I have included in my DSDT thread. Have a read of the front page and there is also a new DSDT for this mobo in the files section. It includes all the latest fixes by MasterChief including the code (although slightly different) to what you have just posted. Though the one I have posted has been amended for ICH10 and ACL888 which your mobo doesn't use.

Thing is even with using the old DSDT from my guide we could run without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and SleepEnabler.kext (with built in Disabler) (See Previous Post - Note: The Disabler in my screenshot was only to for QT mouse lag and NOT to disable IntelCPUPM) as building your DSDT using ACPIPatcher allowed you to tick the HPET box :(

Gotcha!

See I knew you were on top of things! :)

Bonjour update

Weaksauce12 has taken the ifconfig & applescript method I currently advocate and wrapped it in to an application, which after an initial edit, can be added in to the Applications folder and set to auto run at login, making it simpler to use. I will update the Support Files to include this, but for now you can get it from Weaksauce's blog.

http://p cwizcomputer.com/weaksauce12/2009/10/27/bonjour64-afpbonjour-fix-for-64-bit-snow/

blackosx - this guide, along with your dsdt guide were all I needed to build a perfect hackPro. Previously i had a perfect build on leopard but i wanted to move to snow as soon as it came out. Thanks to your guide everything went without a hitch!

ga-ep45-ds3l - f11 BIOS

geforce 8600gts 256MB

onboard nic + Weaksauce12 bonjour app.

using the atest DSDT posted on your DSDT thread. no graphics or network on dsdt.

com.apple.boot.plist with graphicsenabler and ethernet enabler + edited with Lizard.app

FakeSMC - from oldnapalm thread

smbios.plist - i forgot where i got it from but it was from another thread/ maybe another forum.

in Extensions folder i have:

fakesmc.kext

legacyHDA.kext

NullCPUpowermanagement.kext

openhaltrestart.kext

platformUUID.kext

SleepEnabler.kext

Unable to sleep system. It just shuts off.

Everything else works excellent.

2 things i cant find fixes for are:

1) ATA hard drive not recognized when i boot in 64bit mode. For now ill just use 32-bit like real macs.

2) Unable to run geekbench. Application just quits unexpectedly when i launch it.

Anyway - just wanted to thank you for gathering all this information and organizing it and taking the time to put your guides together. i know it must have been time consuming. On top of all that, you still keep this thread with the latest updates. Simply amazing. all the insanelymac contributors are amazing. keep up the good work and ill continue checking your thread every other day for the latest updates.

blackosx - this guide, along with your dsdt guide were all I needed to build a perfect hackPro. Previously i had a perfect build on leopard but i wanted to move to snow as soon as it came out. Thanks to your guide everything went without a hitch!

Great. Well done BIGHERNAN & thanks for reporting.

I don't use ATA HDD's so I don't know what you need for that to work in 64-bit.

Geekbench... have you tried different settings in your SMBIOS to see if that makes a difference?

Just a quick question, I use ati X1950XTX video card with iPC 10.5.6, Do you think it will work with this guide?

And can I install Snow leopard without installing retail Leopard, just from iPC?

Thanks ;)

I have no experience with ATI cards on a hack so I can't help you there. Maybe someone else can throw you a line. But yes you can install SL from a distro with iPC. There is a link to titan4's install variation on the front page under 'Install Methods' where he used a distro.

Hi @ all,

I need help to get my network working...

I've followed this great guide, thanks for it!

I've installed the latest bios v11b, and I tried many dsdt's. To patch my own dsdt with acpi-patcher everytime failed, I don't know why...

Now I use the latest dsdt postet in your dsdt-guide without video or ethernet. Video works with an efi-string in my boot.plist but my ethernet always says in system-prefs "No Cable plugged in" and it gets no IP from my dhcp and the use of a manual IP don't work too.

I've tried a boot.plist with and without an efi-string for my lan an I've tried with and without RealtekR1000.kext in /Extra/Extensions/ but nothing works for me... what do I wrong?

sadly without success... :D

I ran into this issue a while back, what i did to get it to work is using a manual IP and find out what is your ISP DSN is and put that in your DSN field and that help. you can try something like 4.2.2.1, 4.2.2.2, 4.2.2.3 that might work, reboot your modem and router also help.

I don't have a field "Active Services", I only see on the right "Ethernet"

To reboot my router or use a manual IP didn't change anything

Stop! if I activate the serial-port in bios, then I get the "Active Services" field in the right, but I don't get an IP...

Hi !

Thanks for the new fakesmc B) I've now my cpu's temp.

In fact, I've no sound enable. I don't know why. On my EP45-DS3, it's not a ALC888 like you but a ALC889.

Following your DSDT guide, I've now a new dsdt.aml this my chipset and all patchs.

In system profiler, I can see my HD audio but no sound (on in/out in system preferecenes).

Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot for your work :)

In fact, I've no sound enable. I don't know why. On my EP45-DS3, it's not a ALC888 like you but a ALC889.

Following your DSDT guide, I've now a new dsdt.aml this my chipset and all patchs.

In system profiler, I can see my HD audio but no sound (on in/out in system preferecenes).

Any ideas ?

I think you might need a different LegacyHDA.kext for your ALC889. Check tmongkol's thread.

@IM-11 - Any news with your network?

:jerry:

IT WORKED!!!

I can report that you can relatively easily install 10.6.0 without having a 10.5.X installation and DSDT ahead of time. I managed to boot right into Snow Leopard after installing it using the bootcd (provided in guide) and then do all the chameleon installation (note: Chameleon RC2 installer won't work in SL, but Dr. Hurt's unofficial RC3 installer did http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184766) and DSDT installation (I used blackosx's DSDT guide).

Edit: So I have some sort of booming when i start audio and my info isn't right in the system profiler (for purposes of silverlight/netflix thing), but I distinctly remember reading about that in this thread so I'll worry about that another day :jerry:

would you care to elaborate a little bit more what and how you did? i also want to install snow leopard from scratch. without a previous osX installation on my hakintosh.

I just noticed that extensions.mkext is missing from /S/L.

On terminal, I did "sudo rm -R /system/library/extensions.mkext"

Restart with -v -f but still can not find extensions.mkext in /S/L

I am running SL 10.6.1 and everything is running normal except ocassional freeze while using safari.

Anyone with missing extensions.mkext?

Thanks