[Guide] Vanilla Retail 10.6.x with Chameleon v2 for Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L

blackosx

3,676 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I haven't spent much time here lately as I have been concentrating all my time on the DSDT. So I will have a quick catch up here with what's been going on :D

Thanks for the superb guide, blackosx (I only needed it to create a USB-Stick with SL, but anyway, great work nevertheless!)

I have a small problem on my SL hackintosh, posting here because I have nearly the same mainboard and I also did a lot things to my DSDT you are describing:

My mouse "stutters" or hangs from time to time, just for about half a second. The occurence of this phenomen is pretty random, but maybe it has something to with disk access (not sure about that, just a guess).

You're welcome.

Not sure why your mouse stutters, especially as you say it seems random. Would it help it you installed logitech's control centre or is that mostly for wireless devices? Does the problem still occur with a basic DSDT before you changed anything (other than the CMOS reset fix)?

Hi everyone, I haven't spent much time here lately as I have been concentrating all my time on the DSDT. So I will have a quick catch up here with what's been going on :D

You're welcome.

Not sure why your mouse stutters, especially as you say it seems random. Would it help it you installed logitech's control centre or is that mostly for wireless devices? Does the problem still occur with a basic DSDT before you changed anything (other than the CMOS reset fix)?

Thanks for your answer :)

I've never used that Logitech control centre, as I've bought a license of USB Overdrive. However, disabling it did not change anything, so I did not mention that.

I'll try a few things tomorrow like the basic DSDT and running the 32bit kernel, and will post my solution if I succeed. Just thought maybe you or someone else did also experience this problem and could give me a hint.

Hey blacosx, I'm trying to follow your install guide and for some reason after I do the disk swap step instead of getting the Perfecto logo with the timer I get the regular apple logo with the timer and the timer just goes on and on forever. Any suggestions? I unfortunately don't have another install to try from or anything so I'm currently downloading iPC so I can have a Leopard install to work from so I can more closely follow the guide, but some people have had success without a previous install so I was hoping this would work.

I had lensboard's old 10.5.5 installed but I stupidly wiped everything because I installed the new drive and wanted as fresh an install as possible. Silly me, now I don't know what's wrong and why I can't install.

The BootCD for some reason doesn't work for some and unfortunately I don't know why. There have been a few discussions about the issue before somewhere in this thread, but I can't point you to them precisely. But BIOS settings, are one thing to look at and making your your HDD is in SATA port0 is another (but you've probably tried those). If not, then you're doing the right thing with using iPC to get you working though. Shame about wiping your previous install ;)

New quirk: has anyone experienced excess disk activity since going to Snow Leopard. Sounds like a lot is going on, not sure how to remedy this.

I see Solow has offered help with this. Did it help you? as Spotlight has been an issue on other threads - have a search for a process named 'mdworker', I think it spends 5 or so hours cataloguing your system. Funny thing is though, is I have never noticed the problem with any of my 10.6 installs.

Hi blackosx,

Need clarification on loading 32-bit kernel in SL.

a)In your V2.4 guide under 4b. com.apple.Boot.plist,

You have

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

b)However com.apple.Boot.plist in the support folder under 4b-com.apple.Boot.plist for 32-bit,

It show as

<key>arch</key>

<string>i386</string>

Any difference between the two in com.apple.Boot.plist for loading 32-bit kernel?

Using Sonotone Lizard.app, it can NOT detect 32bit compatibility mode using (a).

It does using (:D

TQ for your time.

You're correct. I used to use...

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

but I found that I can now use...

<key>arch</key>

<string>i386</string>

So that is the correct way now. And you're right.. Sontone's Lizard app only recognises the second option.

The install guide is fairly old now and a few changes have happened since the last update. The OSX86 scene is moving at a decent pace at the moment. :)

Yeap... I did it....build my DSDT from 5 or 6 DSDT which attached in this forum....CPU with C&P-state(keeza's)....Sound, Video, Bluetooth, Ethernet with patched DSDT from another... as the result i have better performance from my "MacPro"...

Update Quicktime & 10.6.1....

If needed I attaching my DSDT.aml & Geekbench result...

But for now....

Not solved some problems

1. I didnt find or patch next drivers...a) D-Link DWA-110 (airport).... :) Technisat Skystar2 (DVB)

2. My ethernet fix not solved after installing Bonjour...

3. Mac OS not detected some Sata HDD ...(I patch DSDT with SATA fix from pdf guide ....but didnt 've any results)

post-299885-1257347325_thumb.png

dsdt.dsl.txt

Good work with your DSDT :)

As for getting your wireless D-Link working, I haven't tried as I don't use wireless on my hack, so you are going to have to search around for others using one and see how they have done it. And your Skystar2 DVB card, again I have never tried adding one to a Mac and you are going to have to ask around for that too. Sorry.

What's up with the Ethernet again? (sorry, I can't remember everyting...)

Your SATA HDD's.. Are they formatted as HFS+?

The DSDT you have posted doesn't have P-States or C-State in, and is very long. Have a look at the Gigabyte Fix Thread and see if you can find a better one ;)

Good work with your DSDT ;)

As for getting your wireless D-Link working, I haven't tried as I don't use wireless on my hack, so you are going to have to search around for others using one and see how they have done it. And your Skystar2 DVB card, again I have never tried adding one to a Mac and you are going to have to ask around for that too. Sorry.

What's up with the Ethernet again? (sorry, I can't remember everyting...)

Your SATA HDD's.. Are they formatted as HFS+?

The DSDT you have posted doesn't have P-States or C-State in, and is very long. Have a look at the Gigabyte Fix Thread and see if you can find a better one :P

Hi Blackosx! Thanks for answers...

D-link DWA-110 & Skystar2 patching not so matter for now (as I cannot understand DSDT patching...only copy/paste)... Can U give me guru advice :D?

I have 4 SATA by (1 TB) HDD (WD), 2 by (250 Gb) (SG) & 1 by (160gb) (SG)...All formatted as HFS+ & GUID partition (OSX installer-->disk utility)...

2 by 250 gb Snowleo dont wanna recognize anyway ..but  under Kalyway & IPC they detected like normally... other disks detected & working as very well...under all OSX...

When I tried to connect more than 3 disks (160 gb 2 by 1 tb), MB hanged on AHCI detection & any OS was not loaded... A question in the following... How many disks probably may connect to MB EP45 models & whether methods to get more than 3 of connected disks... And from what it depend?

powerblock on ATX 650w

I see Solow has offered help with this. Did it help you? as Spotlight has been an issue on other threads - have a search for a process named 'mdworker', I think it spends 5 or so hours cataloguing your system. Funny thing is though, is I have never noticed the problem with any of my 10.6 installs.

Have discovered that some machines also started a similar activity after the change in daylight saving time, go figure. Still investigating.

Blackosx,

Regarding RC3 boot, does it recognize the ethernet built in & graphics enabler flags like EFI V10.5?

Regarding the boot.plist, I want to clarify the use of the device selector prefix "rd or hd". Which of the following would be correct?

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>rd(0,2)/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>

OR

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>hd(0,2)/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>

I would ask the same question for this entry

<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,3)</string>

I am noticing that if I use the RC3 boot my PCIe cards don't show in Sys. Profiler, however if I use the EFI v10.5 then they all show up. Any ideas about this?

Also if I choose to use the RC3 boot, is there a dsdt patch or boot.plist entry I can add to enable PCIe cards to be recognized/visible in Sys. Profiler?

Perhaps this is because of the Auto PCI root uid in EFI V10.5?

Thanks for your help!

I recently upgraded my bios to f11b.

I downloaded your dsdt.aml for use with f11b and it works

The problem is the no graphic no ethernet built in.

Can i add them to your dsdt.aml or do i have to create from scratch.

I did try and create from scratch and do a compare to your file to figure out what changed but was unable to figure out how to add the graphics card manually

If it helps i'm running an 8600gts 256 meg card Or if you can tell me how to add it it would be appreciated.

Hi Blackosx! Thanks for answers...

D-link DWA-110 & Skystar2 patching not so matter for now (as I cannot understand DSDT patching...only copy/paste)... Can U give me guru advice :wacko:?

I wouldn't have a clue how to patch those devices in to DSDT, wouldn't you just use a driver/kext?

I have 4 SATA by (1 TB) HDD (WD), 2 by (250 Gb) (SG) & 1 by (160gb) (SG)...All formatted as HFS+ & GUID partition (OSX installer-->disk utility)...

2 by 250 gb Snowleo dont wanna recognize anyway ..but under Kalyway & IPC they detected like normally... other disks detected & working as very well...under all OSX...

When I tried to connect more than 3 disks (160 gb 2 by 1 tb), MB hanged on AHCI detection & any OS was not loaded... A question in the following... How many disks probably may connect to MB EP45 models & whether methods to get more than 3 of connected disks... And from what it depend?

I don't know why your HDD's aren't recognised. So they don't show at all in Disk Utility? or in Terminal, typing diskutil list doesn't show them? Or is it just that you can't see them in Finder because Hard Disks are hidden from the desktop in Finder prefs?

As for maximum number of HDD? I can't answer that. Maybe somebody else can share their experiences?

Blackosx,

Regarding the boot.plist, I want to clarify the use of the device selector prefix "rd or hd". Which of the following would be correct?

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>rd(0,2)/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>

OR

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>hd(0,2)/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>

I would ask the same question for this entry

<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,3)</string>

Why do you want to point to a DSDT file this way? I just put my DSDT file in /Extra.

But you will need to read the excellent documentation on voodoolabs' forum for further info. Just so yo get the answer first hand, in case I mislead you.

Regarding RC3 boot, does it recognize the ethernet built in & graphics enabler flags like EFI V10.5?

I am noticing that if I use the RC3 boot my PCIe cards don't show in Sys. Profiler, however if I use the EFI v10.5 then they all show up. Any ideas about this?

Also if I choose to use the RC3 boot, is there a dsdt patch or boot.plist entry I can add to enable PCIe cards to be recognized/visible in Sys. Profiler?

Perhaps this is because of the Auto PCI root uid in EFI V10.5?

RC3 used PCI 0 as default to detect devices, so if your video / ethernet is on PCI 1 in (you can find out using IORegistryExplorer) you will need to use PC EFI. See this post by mitch_de for more info. It has been a requested feature for a future release of Chameleon, so until then PC EFI is your baby :)

I recently upgraded my bios to f11b.

I downloaded your dsdt.aml for use with f11b and it works

The problem is the no graphic no ethernet built in.

Can i add them to your dsdt.aml or do i have to create from scratch.

I did try and create from scratch and do a compare to your file to figure out what changed but was unable to figure out how to add the graphics card manually

If it helps i'm running an 8600gts 256 meg card Or if you can tell me how to add it it would be appreciated.

There's an even newer DSDT on my DSDT thread here which you can use for this mobo but you will need to read the post and strip out the P-State / C-State info as they are for my CPU.

I use the bootloader to inject my graphics/ethernet now as this keeps the DSDT more generic meaning I can share it with you all ;)

But if you want to add your network / video in then you need to look at your original DSDT created by ACPIPatcher and copy the code for video/ethernet in to the new DSDT I have supplied.

Hello blackosx,

thanks for your great guide!

In your next update you might want to add a reference to the new Reaktek 64-bit drivers for SL, which support Bonjour out of the box (whith no need of the script hack). You can get more details at pcwiz site..

regards,

blackdir

Hello blackosx,

thanks for your great guide!

In your next update you might want to add a reference to the new Reaktek 64-bit drivers for SL, which support Bonjour out of the box (whith no need of the script hack). You can get more details at pcwiz site..

Thanks

What, this one? - Bonjour Thread :D

Have you got it working from /E/E?

I wouldn't have a clue how to patch those devices in to DSDT, wouldn't you just use a driver/kext?

I don't know why your HDD's aren't recognised. So they don't show at all in Disk Utility? or in Terminal, typing diskutil list doesn't show them? Or is it just that you can't see them in Finder because Hard Disks are hidden from the desktop in Finder prefs?

Yeap....2 disks not recognize even under terminal & disk utility

As for maximum number of HDD? I can't answer that. Maybe somebody else can share their experiences?

when connecting more than 3 drives, the following happens: AHCI detect and as soon as the chameleon boot , and when the slash must be "rotate" ... PC hanging up ... can be a chameleon does not support, or your boot copy tailored to your PC does not support more, after motherboard must support 6 sata drive

Yeap....2 disks not recognize even under terminal & disk utility

when connecting more than 3 drives, the following happens: AHCI detect and as soon as the chameleon boot , and when the slash must be "rotate" ... PC hanging up ... can be a chameleon does not support, or your boot copy tailored to your PC does not support more, after motherboard must support 6 sata drive

I think your maybe your DSDT could be causing the problem?

I have just had a look at your DSDT you posted earlier.

You have this...

Device (PRIM)
               {
                   Name (_ADR, [color="#FF0000"]Zero[/color])

I have this...

Device (SATA)
           {
               Name (_ADR, [color="#2E8B57"]0x001F0002[/color])

Look at the address, yours is zero?

You say you made your DSDT from 5 of 6 different ones. I think you need to maybe replace your DSDT with a fresh one?

Start by having a look at the latest one I have posted on my DSDT thread. Use that for comparison but don't use the P-State/C-State information at the top - Read the post!

I didn't trust the OSInstall method either, but if you have already installed apps and started working with your machine then you can build a bootable USB stick and installed Snow Leopard again over the top of your current install (an archive & install) and that will put a fresh system down, leaving your apps & docs as they are :(

Yes, the NTFS R/W functionality isn't recommended, so that's why I have crossed it out.

Reinstalled using the USB method and the system came back up no problem. I just got another error where the system stopped responding and came up with a translucent menu that told me to hold the power button to turn the machine off (not sure if this is KP). This happened as I was burning an ISO so I am sure it has something to do with my IDE DVD drive. I checked and noticed that I do not have ATAPortInjector.kext and JMicronATAInjector.kext that I have on my Leopard install. My ATA drives are recognized and seem to be working but as I mentioned, I got the error while burning a DVD disk which completed about 3 gigs of burn.

Do I need to copy ATAPortInjector.kext and JMicronATAInjector.kext to my /E/E folder? If so, will the same ones from Leopard work in Snow Leopard? I have a DVD drive and a space HDD connected via IDE.

I am sorry if this has already been answered - I tried to search this topic but the search functionality on this forum isn't working for me and gives me an error.

Thank you in advance!

Reinstalled using the USB method and the system came back up no problem. I just got another error where the system stopped responding and came up with a translucent menu that told me to hold the power button to turn the machine off (not sure if this is KP). This happened as I was burning an ISO so I am sure it has something to do with my IDE DVD drive. I checked and noticed that I do not have ATAPortInjector.kext and JMicronATAInjector.kext that I have on my Leopard install. My ATA drives are recognized and seem to be working but as I mentioned, I got the error while burning a DVD disk which completed about 3 gigs of burn.

Do I need to copy ATAPortInjector.kext and JMicronATAInjector.kext to my /E/E folder? If so, will the same ones from Leopard work in Snow Leopard? I have a DVD drive and a space HDD connected via IDE.

I have never used ATA drives on my hack, only SATA so I have no experience with getting them to work. I did read a thread the other day where users were talking about some ATA kext for Snow Leopard or even a DSDT patch but sorry, I can't remember exactly where I read this. Maybe try netkas' site? or maybe for something like AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext?

Thanks for the superb guide, blackosx (I only needed it to create a USB-Stick with SL, but anyway, great work nevertheless!)

I have a small problem on my SL hackintosh, posting here because I have nearly the same mainboard and I also did a lot things to my DSDT you are describing:

My mouse "stutters" or hangs from time to time, just for about half a second. The occurence of this phenomen is pretty random, but maybe it has something to with disk access (not sure about that, just a guess).

My hardware:

Q9650

GA-EP45-DS3 (no R/L/whatever), Bios F9

Logitech MX518 (worked fine in L, works fine in Vista)

using SL 64bit Kernel

DSDT hacks used:

- Speedstep (but temporarily disabled because of this problem; did not change anything)

- Audio

- USB ports to appear as internal/Apple

- CMOS reset, of course

- RTC (because I was lazy and used my old L dsdt)

- ICH10 appear as internal/Apple

Also using Netkas' PC-EFI 10.5 with Ethernet and GFX built-in = y options.

Any idea?

I assume ur using cst tables?

Have a look at this post and following: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1312946

I assume ur using cst tables?

Have a look at this post and following: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1312946

Thanks for your answer. I'm currently not using any Speedstep at all; no DSDT fixes and even removed AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext.

The solutions you suggested have sped up my SATA/USB (which is nice, thank you :)), but not helped with my problem.

I have another idea: Maybe it is related to my graphics card (9800GT, 512MB), as the GUI hangs for about half a second. I can very nicely check this playing Quinn. There is no sound stuttering (listening to iTunes in background).

I have already tried using my Leopard's device-properties in boot.plist, and enabling/disabling Netkas' PC-EFI 10.5 GraphicsBuiltin-Feature.

Any further ideas?

Edit: I think I've found the problem.. oldnapalm's fakesmc. ATM I'm using Netkas' fakesmc and everything is smooth.

Hi blackosx,

your guides are totally ace!

i have i problem with my install.

i have followed the instructions and have a booting stable snow leopard. the problem is every time i edit the boot.plist with an efi string for graphics or lan the system no longer boots. in verbose mode they boot screen stops at "acpi_smc_platform plugin" timing out. do you have any ideas what the problem is? i have searched the net but to no avail.

thanks

ben

i have followed the instructions and have a booting stable snow leopard. the problem is every time i edit the boot.plist with an efi string for graphics or lan the system no longer boots. in verbose mode they boot screen stops at "acpi_smc_platform plugin" timing out. do you have any ideas what the problem is? i have searched the net but to no avail.

Hi ben :D

I haven't come across this before. All I can ask is you double check the device (EFI) strings you are adding. Maybe try adding the string only for your video then if that works, try the ethernet one. If successful, then combine them together?

Should i try running 64bit mode? 32 runs fine..

One problem im having on this fresh install is my sound pops when it first plays a sound. Very weird anyone else have this problem?

I can run in either perfectly and I only switched back to 32-bit mode yesterday from using 64-bit mode for the last week. For me, there's absolutely no difference in running either, and I had forgotten mine was running in 64-bit until I checked my com.apple.Boot.plist for something else and noticed it.. :P

As for the sound, there is a note on the front page of this thread under the 'Up to date info that's not in the PDF guide' section' about this. You need to change the model of your mac in SMBIOS.plist. I have since, however changed mine back to iMac9,1 to help with DSDT SpeedStep, though it gets the 'audio pop' back. But as I am still in testing stages I don't know if that's going to be permanent yet.

I wouldn't have a clue how to patch those devices in

There's an even newer DSDT on my DSDT thread here which you can use for this mobo but you will need to read the post and strip out the P-State / C-State info as they are for my CPU.

I use the bootloader to inject my graphics/ethernet now as this keeps the DSDT more generic meaning I can share it with you all ;)

But if you want to add your network / video in then you need to look at your original DSDT created by ACPIPatcher and copy the code for video/ethernet in to the new DSDT I have supplied.

As it turns out i was able to figure it out myself.

Thanks blackosx

I think once i get an optimum dsdt i'd like to build a patched bios and flash my motherboard.

Since this is a dedicated osx box and will never run windows i'm not concerned with dual booting.

Upgrade 10.5.8 to 10.6 with this guide.

First of all: Great Guide, very detailed and foolproof! many thanks for the good work!!! :D

However, [Houston] I have a problem:

Have one parent 10.5.8 disk and one clone 10.5.8 [identical copy of parent] where I want to install upgrade to SnowL.

Installed Chameleon on both disks [RC3], and configured the /Extra directory on the clone with teh kexts and .plists according to the detailed guide and my system.

On reboot the system hangs at:

ACPI_SMCPlatformPlugin::start waitForServiceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

any ideas how to continue? Also I saw that many kexts failed to load....

Hi blackosx!

I have 2 problems with my Snow Leopard:

1. When I'm trying to restart or to turn off the computer my hdd's and display are turning off, but completely the machine shuts down only after 30 seconds of waiting (I mean power led and fans).

Tried different versions of OpenHaltRestart.kext and even EvOReboot.kext - no results. Think the problem is in DSDT, but I need your opinion.

2. Something wrong with my internet connection. I use PCI Card Realtek 8139 instead built-in as my provider uses its MAC-Address. I can't change the MAC-Address of my built-in and i've tried a lot of methods of changing it written on the net. It would be great working with my PCI card only if there haven't been speed limit. All tweaker applications show that there are no limits! But that is the fact: my internet connection 200 KB/s, my mac speed 30-50 KB/s not higher.

And I've noticed that PCI card won't been noticed by OSX until it is in PCI Slot 2!

Think the problem again in the DSDT.

This DSDT blows me up! It was excellent without it! PCI card worked in PCI Slot 1 and the speed was high. And rebooting worked! Why DSDT! Stupid Clock Step! Why they wrote 4 instead of 2?

Er... is it the only reason to use DSDT?

I tried to use DSDT from your guide and it didn't work for me. I tried your DSDT last without CPU information... Computer started to slow down.

I have no way anymore. I've started to think about downgrading to Leopard...

P.S. Sorry for the complicated sentences and crooked english.

I've been racked with Snow Leopard since September...

Hi ben :(

I haven't come across this before. All I can ask is you double check the device (EFI) strings you are adding. Maybe try adding the string only for your video then if that works, try the ethernet one. If successful, then combine them together?

I can run in either perfectly and I only switched back to 32-bit mode yesterday from using 64-bit mode for the last week. For me, there's absolutely no difference in running either, and I had forgotten mine was running in 64-bit until I checked my com.apple.Boot.plist for something else and noticed it.. :)

As for the sound, there is a note on the front page of this thread under the 'Up to date info that's not in the PDF guide' section' about this. You need to change the model of your mac in SMBIOS.plist. I have since, however changed mine back to iMac9,1 to help with DSDT SpeedStep, though it gets the 'audio pop' back. But as I am still in testing stages I don't know if that's going to be permanent yet.

Thanks for the reply, I guess i will continue to run 32 bit till there is a reason to switch to 64bit. I think some programs still run in 64bit when running 32 bit? Activity monitor list some stuf as intel (64bit) others as as just Intel

BTW, all the crashes i was having, have seemed to go away after updating my bios to F9 (on GA p35-ds3l) running wonderfully now.

I will take a look at the front page :) I would like speedstep to work too, but dont think it works with overclock anyways...

As it turns out i was able to figure it out myself.

I think once i get an optimum dsdt i'd like to build a patched bios and flash my motherboard.

Well done. As for flashing your motherboard with a patched BIOS, you can if you like buy why bother now we can override DSDT with the latest bootloaders?

Have one parent 10.5.8 disk and one clone 10.5.8 [identical copy of parent] where I want to install upgrade to SnowL.

Installed Chameleon on both disks [RC3], and configured the /Extra directory on the clone with teh kexts and .plists according to the detailed guide and my system.

On reboot the system hangs at:

ACPI_SMCPlatformPlugin::start waitForServiceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

I have never tried to upgrade to Snow Leopard from Leopard, only a fresh install. As you have installed Chameleon RC3 on both HDD's are you selecting the correct HDD (the clone) in BIOS to boot from? Sounds like the system is not finding fakemsc.kext.

This DSDT blows me up! It was excellent without it! PCI card worked in PCI Slot 1 and the speed was high. And rebooting worked! Why DSDT! Stupid Clock Step! Why they wrote 4 instead of 2?

Er... is it the only reason to use DSDT?

If your machine was 'excellent without it' then go back to what you were using before.. To get Snow Leopard up and running all you need is a basic DSDT patched with the CMOS reset fix as my DSDT guide explains. I used my Snow Leopard install perfectly for months with only the basic patched DSDT.

All the latest manual patching being done is just to get our hacks more mac like and to tweak our systems to work more efficiently and utilise the hardware better, like speedstep etc.. If you can't get it working then don't worry.

Thanks for the reply, I guess i will continue to run 32 bit till there is a reason to switch to 64bit. I think some programs still run in 64bit when running 32 bit? Activity monitor list some stuf as intel (64bit) others as as just Intel

BTW, all the crashes i was having, have seemed to go away after updating my bios to F9 (on GA p35-ds3l) running wonderfully now.

I will take a look at the front page -_- I would like speedstep to work too, but dont think it works with overclock anyways...

Yep. Most 64-bit apps will run perfectly well when you boot your kernel in 32-bit mode so you really don't need to use 64-bit mode.

Good news you have a stable system now you have updated your BIOS. And for SpeedStepping, you might be able to use it with an overclock, but I recommend reading FormerleyKnownAs' Vanilla SpeedStep thread.

A very comprehensive guide indeed blackosx. Kudos to you.

Everything worked as described with minimal kext set and even without EFI for network and graphics.

The only problem is the 10.16.1 update:

After the update sound is gone. This seems to be a common problem that also affects "real" mac's.

Any ideas or back to voodo hda?

Thanks