Custom Boot Screen (chameleon mod)

fassl

70 posts in this topic

Update: Here is the guide how to make your own bootscreens... enjoy ;)

Thanks to bhast2 for hosting it!

Guide

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey, i added a feature to mackerintels DSDT override chameleon, so it can now load a custom image from the HDD and display it during boot:

looks like this http://picfu.com/link/82378/3d3ffe7ccf042d48

This chameleon doesnt support Extensions from /Extra or EFI partition! Will try to merge the /Extra thing soon... or just contact the chameleon team if they want to merge it :)

How to Install: Just unzip the attached file and copy it to your Mac OS Partition Root / (This will overwrite your current Bootloader)

And boot up with a nice Background :)

Soon i will post a screencast or an illustrated guide how to make your own custom Backgrounds.

Cheers.

Graphical_boot.zip

Creating_Boot_Picture.zip

UMM kinda noob question i am not very good at messing around with os ;) Great with winoze stf but can u be more specific on were to boot it

UMM kinda noob question i am not very good at messing around with os :D Great with winoze stf but can u be more specific on were to save it

I got my own pic loaded with success and dsdt.aml also. THANKS !!!

Sure some people, because of Photoshop need (RAW + some Palette File creation) may have problems .

The new guide (update at first post) is very good - but you need Photoshop (i dont know if Grafikkonverter may also work?)

Not sure if this plays a part or not. I figured out that if you have an Nvidia 8xxx and 9xxx series graphics card you can have a dynamic changing boot screen. Just add 2560x1600x32 to your boot.plist. You will have a proper widescreen boot resolution for the Apple grey screen.

Also, if you have a 4:3 screen it will display the proper resolution for that as well. Just a heads up! :thumbsup_anim:

-Stell