Custom Boot Screen (chameleon mod)

fassl

70 posts in this topic

I post the PNG of original apple logo and stretched version which looks ok after being stretched on wide screens. A nice and simple picture is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:PNG_tran...nstration_1.png (I use it myself but I stretched it to compensate stretching on wide screen)

Thanks for the "compensated" apple logo for widescreen monitors.

Now the start up apple logo looks right at 1920x1440 resolution! :D

I guess this is as close as it can be for 30inch widescreen monitors..thank you, fassl and mackerintel :)

post-23976-1232161633_thumb.jpg

Update: Here is the guide how to make your own bootscreens... enjoy :)

Thanks to bhast2 for hosting it!

Guide

---------------------------------------------------------

Hey, i added a feature to mackerintels DSDT override chameleon, so it can now load a custom image from the HDD and display it during boot:

looks like this http://picfu.com/link/82378/3d3ffe7ccf042d48

This chameleon doesnt support Extensions from /Extra or EFI partition! Will try to merge the /Extra thing soon... or just contact the chameleon team if they want to merge it :)

How to Install: Just unzip the attached file and copy it to your Mac OS Partition Root / (This will overwrite your current Bootloader)

And boot up with a nice Background :)

Soon i will post a screencast or an illustrated guide how to make your own custom Backgrounds.

Cheers.

Graphical_boot.zip

Creating_Boot_Picture.zip

Thanks Man for this Great apportation!!! :P

But I have a Question:

If I want to make a Custom Boot Screen for an Intel iMac (Real mac)

where can I get the modified bootloader.

Or Can you make a bootloader for a Real Mac??.

I dont want to say you that make this for me, only I need to know how to patch my bootloader like you made with your chameleon bootloader.

Pls. I'll very greatfully If you can Help me.

Thanks in Advance :thumbsup_anim:

I created a package automatically installed with the apple-proportioned, if interested :wacko:

hello, Clipt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

here's my first attempt using a pic I made in Photoshop from a still of Chappelle Show:

mymac.jpg

(disclaimer: I'm not racist, that's the line from the Rick James sketch if you didn't know)

any idea if this feature can be worked into the Chameleon 2 loader? I was tempted to switch to Chameleon2RC1-r431 but maybe not if I have to give up my custom loading screen :P

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

sry for digging out this quite old thread..

Is there any chance to get a custom boot screen with chameleon 2.0 RC4 and Snow Leopard ?

And can someone tell me what was written in the guide mentioned in post#1?The link is dead and I guess i still have to prepare the picture by myself but i dont know how.

It'd be cool if this worked for my system.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE:

Just in case someone is interested in creating a custom bootscreen:

1. download the source code of your bootloader(in my case chameleon 2.0 rc4) and xcode (requires registration but its free(apple id)) You can get it here

2. prepare your pic of choice by converting to png and name it boot.png

(transparency is supported but make sure its no larger about 130kb; havent tried out the actual limit of filesize)

3. replace /artwork/themes/default/boot.png.

4. put the whole source code folder to your root device and name it "chameleon"

5.fire up terminal

6.type "cd /chameleon"

7. type "make embedtheme" (of course everything without quotes)

This compiles chameleon and will take up to 5 minutes. if an error appears try to make your picture smaller, reduce colors and make it less complex and try again

8. go to /chameleon/sym/i386 and move the boot file to your hd and replace the old one.

9. reboot and enjoy!

thanks to prasy for writing this easy-to-follow guide.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
sry for digging out this quite old thread..

Is there any chance to get a custom boot screen with chameleon 2.0 RC4 and Snow Leopard ?

And can someone tell me what was written in the guide mentioned in post#1?The link is dead and I guess i still have to prepare the picture by myself but i dont know how.

It'd be cool if this worked for my system.

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE:

Just in case someone is interested in creating a custom bootscreen:

1. download the source code of your bootloader(in my case chameleon 2.0 rc4) and xcode (requires registration but its free(apple id)) You can get it here

2. prepare your pic of choice by converting to png and name it boot.png

(transparency is supported but make sure its no larger about 130kb; havent tried out the actual limit of filesize)

3. replace /artwork/themes/default/boot.png.

4. put the whole source code folder to your root device and name it "chameleon"

5.fire up terminal

6.type "cd /chameleon"

7. type "make embedtheme" (of course everything without quotes)

This compiles chameleon and will take up to 5 minutes. if an error appears try to make your picture smaller, reduce colors and make it less complex and try again

8. go to /chameleon/sym/i386 and move the boot file to your hd and replace the old one.

9. reboot and enjoy!

thanks to prasy for writing this easy-to-follow guide.

Hi I have a Dell Latitude D620 running Snow Leo 10.6.4 based on leppy700m tutorial using boot123 disk.I tryed changing the boot screen image using the guide from the 1st post but that screw up my system and i had to reinstall. If i do the thing in the post above will this work for me? as i have chameleon RC3 wich uses the Extra/Extensions/ folder?

• 1 year later...