Custom Boot Screen (chameleon mod)

fassl

70 posts in this topic

i did all steps, in terminal appear the message "boot picture data createsd successfully", but when y restart, the boot screen doesnt change!

(Im trying to use a 128x128 image with apple in About This Mac)

What do you think?

What im doing wrong?

i did all steps, in terminal appear the message "boot picture data createsd successfully", but when y restart, the boot screen doesnt change!

What do you think?

What im doing wrong?

It has to be the resolution of your screen.

If your screen is 1024x768 native, then you need to make the image 1024x768.

It has to be the resolution of your screen.

If your screen is 1024x768 native, then you need to make the image 1024x768.

Hara Taiki,

Just letting you know your avatar scares the {censored} out of me every time i see it.

Thanks,

-Stell

Follow the instructions exactly the same as a larger image, and make sure to use the background color as the one listed in the guide, and make sure you type the command correctly with /BootPicture/SetupBootPicture 128 128 and that should work.

What do you think?

What im doing wrong?

Have you installed the new bootloader?

Be sure the path of the CLUT file is /BootPicture/clut.act

I've done everything but when I put in Terminal "SetupBootPicture 1024 768" it says: "Error reading CLUT file"

I've double-checked the "clut.act" file and it's all ok.

Suggestions?

For whatever reason this isnt working.... I have installed chameleon with their newest installer... I have copied this graphical boot driectory directly to my MAC harddrive! So i have the boot file at "/boot" and the BootPicture folder at "/BootPicture".

I used photoshop to make my image at 1280x1024. I saved the clut file... And i ran the terminal command and it made the Picture.data file...

I reboot my computer and it just takes away the old Apple logo but is nothing but the greay background and the spiny loading circle thing...

I dont really know whats wrong but this sucks...

If you're making it 1280x1024, you need your boot resolution to be the same thing. Normally it's 1024x768

So you have 2 options...

1. Change your boot picture to 1024x768

2. Change your boot resolution (if you have NVida 8xxx or 9xxx) by adding Graphics mode to your boot.plist file with 1280x1024x32

good luck.

:(:thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

dsc04505bc4.jpg

for retail?

There are hopes?

• 3 weeks later...