Gigabyte's Nvidia 9400 powered M-ATX MOBO

stellarola

643 posts in this topic

ive got 4Gb kicking fine in my p5n7-vm also works wonderous with 8Gb.

make sure your ram is _compatible_. check the qvl's below for the board you use.

asus ram qvl : QVL_DDR2_667_and_800.pdf

gigabyte ram qvl : motherboard_memory_ga_e7aum_ds2h.pdf

if your ram is not on those lists, get new compatible ram.

-D-

@ netcastle :

the onboard video works fine, better than fine actually, it runs perfectly.

i dont know what the hell ur doing, but i sure as hell know its not the proper way :P

Using Boot132 and Retail 10.5.6 DVD, I get the OS installed. The video and audio however does not work. I tried installing nvkush, but no luck. I also tried the ALC889A_1056 for audio and no luck there either. Anyone have suggestions?

I did the installation with the 10.5.6 retail disc and Munky method and it installed without any problem, lan works out of box,graphics work with full resolutions and accelerated graphics with nvkush in the 132 cd and the audio also work fully with the ALC889_1056 fix: problems I found: restart don't work, after shutdown the computer turn on by itself, not as stable as other boards. I think all this problems could be fixed in the future and this could be a very good hackintosh, but for now, a lot must be done to get it fully working.

ok, so i got the audio working, but the video is still shotty. I have the high res, but when i go to itunes to watch a video, it says, cannot view on this computer. video's are black. I too have the same shutdown/restart problems. other than that, seems to be ok. anyone have thoughts on my video? I believe nvkush should work, am i doing something wrong?

Hello,

I don't understand one thing. wanky said that he used successfully 10.5.6 IPC with this board. So, where is the problem? I'm interested by this motherboard so i would like to know if another member tried this method.

Have a good day.

Hello,

I don't understand one thing. wanky said that he used successfully 10.5.6 IPC with this board. So, where is the problem? I'm interested by this motherboard so i would like to know if another member tried this method.

Have a good day.

Yes I used 10.5.6 IPC but with problems:

- Cpu is not identified right

- S-ATA is not identified

- Sleep/Shutdown/Restart don't work

Yes I used 10.5.6 IPC but with problems:

- Cpu is not identified right

- S-ATA is not identified

- Sleep/Shutdown/Restart don't work

I am going to try the newly released iDeneb and see if it works and work from that. :-)

Hopefully I can get it right with my newbie experience of osx on pc.

I do like the terminal it feels like coming back to TI system V.

Br

/Smeden

I am going to try the newly released iDeneb and see if it works and work from that. :-)

Hopefully I can get it right with my newbie experience of osx on pc.

I do like the terminal it feels like coming back to TI system V.

Br

/Smeden

What might be an idea would be for someone to take a 10.5.6 Macbook install DVD and customise that with whatever needed Kexts using that tool whose name escape me.. PCWiz.. Instant Hackintosh???

What might be an idea would be for someone to take a 10.5.6 Macbook install DVD and customise that with whatever needed Kexts using that tool whose name escape me.. PCWiz.. Instant Hackintosh???

I think we can use the new 10.5.6 retails disk as good as any other one, what I'm curious to see is how it will work with a moded kernel like Voodoo, I'm going to give a tray this week.

Just got this board, so far so good. Install was simple with a Unibody MacBook and an external drive enclosure. I have almost everything working. All 8GB of RAM working so far without any video problems. However, I should mention that I am using a 9800GTX with 1GB of RAM for my video card and not using the onboard. My CPU is a Q9650 all with all four cores present and accounted for as well. Fully upgraded to 10.5.6, BIOS F2 and audio is working after the first try.

A couple of problems so far:

1. My D-Link DWA-552 wireless n card causes the system to lock up every time I access the Internet

2. When the machine first boots up chameleon I get a message that says:

"Starting Hibernate

sleep image is garbage

hibernate has failed" (WTF?)

3. I installed OpenHaltRestart in my Extras folder (v.1.0.3) and I still cannot restart

Has anyone tried the bios update from 17/12/2008 from Gigabyte for the mem. > 2GB issue?

Or has any one had some news from gigabyte regarding this issue?

Please update.

That's already been discussed. It says "Improve dual BIOS compatibility" - means no important changes, unfortunately.

st

E7AUM INSTALATION GUIDE.

1º macbook restore or 10.5.5 10.5.6

2ºinstal via usb disk in macbook imac mac mini etc.

3ºefi chamaleon, dsmos apple decrypter on disk usb.

4º modify nv kush id 9400,

5º dowload ket modify for e7aum

100% work fine

http://foro.applesana.es/14/18868/gigabyte...odificados.html

I'd be grateful for a slightly more noob-friendly guide than that above if anyone tries this.. is it REALLY 100% working? Sleep, Resume, >2Gb memory?

I'd be grateful for a slightly more noob-friendly guide than that above if anyone tries this.. is it REALLY 100% working? Sleep, Resume, >2Gb memory?

Yes that would be very interesting. Are all in/outputs working on sound? Even HDMI?

Thanks for sharing though!

/Chrilled

Yes that would be very interesting. Are all in/outputs working on sound? Even HDMI?

Thanks for sharing though!

/Chrilled

I have made a install according to these instructions and i will just need to go home and clone it to my new drive and i will come back with results!

Cheers

Smeden

My first post ever...

Im a newb that decided to make this my first board without knowing that it had a bunch of {censored} that needed sorting... anyway.

ipc 10.5.6 sucked for me too like it has been mentioned before lots of problems

I just installed the 10.5.6 ideneb (from DVD on a samsung DVD drive that also burned the iso in intrepid ibex.) and everything seems to be working so far. I need to check some graphics stuff... but I am newb and dont know how to make sure that there are drivers for the 9400 installed. I installed nvkush, and changed my resolution to 1080p using osx86tools, but other than that I dont know what the hell is going on with the graphics.

Setup

***ga-E7aum-ds2h or whatever

***e5200 proc

***2 gigs samsung ddr2-800 (goin to get another stick soon to see about the 2< goes away with fancy korean samsung ram :)

***samsung dvd 22x sata

***200gb wd sata AHCI enabled (4 partitions, 1 for Ubuntu ibex, 1 for osx and 1 for windoze 7, and one for some media.) Going to get 1tbx2 this week and mirror raid1 it if I can to use this box as a media center/homeserver.

***random korean case

***random korean PS

***did I mention that I live in korea? :)

Anywho, The ideneb 10.5.6 installed from DVD, running chameleon, is working so far (id'd proc and video no problem with ethernet and sound too. Havent tried HDMI etc... but will soon) and I will try to start contributing my two n00bish :unsure: cents to this thread as I figure schtuff out. Thanks to those that have been working on this board and sorting through the spanish and other bumps :).

Also, is raid 1 easy to do with osx? Will it f**^ my existing drive if I add a raid array? I havent built a computer for 10 years, I can figure this {censored} out in the FAQS etc... but if anyone wants to answer I wont object. Thanks! :D:D

Assuming that the poster wasn't a "English as a first-language" person.... forum he linked to appears to be in Spanish (which I can't really read).. maybe someone here can translate it? Google translation isn't all that helpful..

But it would be nice to know what exactly works, and what doesn't

Cheers,

LJS

Assuming that the poster wasn't a "English as a first-language" person.... forum he linked to appears to be in Spanish (which I can't really read).. maybe someone here can translate it? Google translation isn't all that helpful..

Cheers,

LJS

They basically modified some kexts and use the last iDeneb distro to made the installation, apparently everything work, I'm going to try it this weekend, will keep posted. :(

Cheers,

LJS

Actually I found google translation to be surprisingly good but I couldn't get any useful information as to how and what they did that was so revolutionary...

As much as I welcome any improvements, I still doubt that it'll be a 100%.

My hackintosh is about 500miles away atm so I can't test this.

st

hello,

First, excuse for my poor english.

I'll try to explain my installation with iPC 10.5.6, who works on GA-E7AUM-D2SH :

- Install iPC 10.5.6 with minimum options (just DSTS patch, and kext Helper application) No drivers, no modified kernels, no other patches.

- Install kext from (drivers): http://foro.applesana.es/14/18868/gigabyte...odificados.html

- Install kext from (audio fix) : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=40674

- Install NVKush from (9400): http://diabolik1605.com/DHF/

And you will have a super MAC :(

That doesn't work :

- Restart (shutsown is ok). I will try OpenHaltReset.kext from : http://www.mediafire.com/?yznzqmhmtng

- CPU infos : I have a E8400 3GHz, but osx write 3,2GHz, I don't know why.

After small tests, I use HDMI output with HDMI/DVI cable on viewsonic 1920*1080 22", and its ok. Sound is ok, I will try digital output. Firewire seems to be ok, he's reconised. USB ok.

I use DLink g122 usb wifi card, and PCTV pro stick with eyeTV.

And you will have a super MAC ;)

Thank you for sharing.

All I heard so far is that this must be good, but no real answers to these questions:

- Does HDMI Audio work ?

- Does Wake-on-LAN work ?

- Will the system be stable with more than 2GB RAM ?

- Does sleep work ?

That doesn't work :

- Restart (shutsown is ok). I will try OpenHaltReset.kext from : http://www.mediafire.com/?yznzqmhmtng

Yes, that will most likely solve your problem