Gigabyte's Nvidia 9400 powered M-ATX MOBO

stellarola

643 posts in this topic

Dear,

I have tried iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 with minimum installation on this MOBO with kext drivers but have problem on NVKush installation. The system goes kernal panic after NVKush installation. After, I have install iPC 10.5.6 following the instruction and the system goes great with 1920x1200 32bit screen on my monitor. Then I have copy GeForce.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext , NVDAResman.kext and NVKush.kext from iPC to iDeneb image. The NVKush is working with iDeneb 1.4 10.5.6 version !!

However, when I use iMovie 09 . It will unexpected quit and same as Final Cut Express 4.0 when I'm using "log and transfer". any idea ? Is it related to Chipset Model ? In system profile, the Chipset Model in Graphics/Display is "I can Has Model ? "

Attached with my screen captue from my Hackintosh..

Hello,

I've been trying to install the iDeneb 1.4 on my config :

Motherboard : GA-E7AUM-DS2H

Processor : Core 2 Duo 8500

Memory : OCZ DDRII 2 x 2 GB PC6400 Reaper Edition

Hard Drive: External USB

I installed the package : "kext modificados para la E7AUM" which solved a sound problem.

Now everything is working great, no problems except I am having the same problem you had with nvkush. Could you please explain how you managed to install the kext from the iPC image.

Thanks a lot in advance

hey guys!

i tried to install os x 10.5.5 on my pc by using the unibody macbook disc.

that's what i did:

1. install (boot from dvd) onto usb-hdd

2. used UInstaller from pcwiz to install efi and these "essentials" (no more configuration, just default settings)

3. boot pc from usb-hdd

4. pc stucks at: "System model name: GA-E7AUM-DS2H"

maybe anyone can help me :(

Well, as promised I get back to share my experience with this mobo, first of all I'm writing this on it, the method I use to make the installation was the Munky approach with a retail 10.5.6 Leopard disk and migrate all my settings and applications ( not the network settings! ), the audio was solved with the ALC889A_1056_fix, I use Natit instead of Nvkush with better results, also I use GeForce 7300gs graphic card, network work OOB, sleep don't work ( I don't use it anyway ), system is solid like a rock with a E8400 Dual Core and 4G of memory ( Crucial Ballistic model No. BL12864AA80A ), everything works, Quicktime, Itunes, etc., to solve the restart/shutdown problem I use the OpenHaltRestart kext; I must stress that the use of approved and good memory is essential to the good functionality of this mobo, in resume this is really a good mobo for a Hackintosh. Attached some files you can use. Good luck people.GA_E7AUM_DS2H_kexts.zip

I use Natit instead of Nvkush with better results, also I use GeForce 7300gs graphic card

the onboard 9400 will stomp the performance of your 7300gs.

dont kno why your not using the onboard, that will also fix the sleep issues.

-D-

the onboard 9400 will stomp the performance of your 7300gs.

dont kno why your not using the onboard, that will also fix the sleep issues.

-D-

I plan to do that after trying with an aggregate graphic card to see what difference they make, till now it's very stable. :)

That's a lot of kexts. How did you assemble this package?

-Diabolik

There still is no solution to the >2gigs of RAM problem when you use onboard video.

I use the ones I have in my boot 132 because with them I was capable to boot and install without any trouble, them I added the Natit kext and take out the ones I know wasn't needed, probably you can shave some more, but what don't harm... you get the idea. Anyway it's only a way of start, latter we can refine witch ones belong and witch ones not. :)

Hello,

I've been trying to install the iDeneb 1.4 on my config :

Motherboard : GA-E7AUM-DS2H

Processor : Core 2 Duo 8500

Memory : OCZ DDRII 2 x 2 GB PC6400 Reaper Edition

Hard Drive: External USB

I installed the package : "kext modificados para la E7AUM" which solved a sound problem.

Now everything is working great, no problems except I am having the same problem you had with nvkush. Could you please explain how you managed to install the kext from the iPC image.

Thanks a lot in advance

After you install the iPC image, just copy GeForace.kext , NVDanv50hal.kext, NVkush.kext, NVDAResman.kext to USB thumb disk, then you can install iDeneb. Finally, use kext helper to install all kext then you can get a SuperMac

yea stupid issue w/ the >2Gb memory on the gigabyte, has to do w/ the memory mappings in the dsdt.

-D-

Well, after trying with the onboard video I put back my low 7300gs, that way Ihave no problems with the memory corruption.

To anyone

I would like to learn something from your GA-E7AUM-DS2H. I want to learn whether and how Nvidia chipset control ALC889A.

Can you see PCI device listing, like this picture, when you're starting up your system? My MOBO is EP35-DS3P.

post-93383-1235400194_thumb.jpg

And, can anyone take a picture when GA-E7AUM-DS2H's starting up for me please?

Thank you very much.

To anyone

I would like to learn something from your GA-E7AUM-DS2H. I want to learn whether and how Nvidia chipset control ALC889A.

Can you see PCI device listing, like this picture, when you're starting up your system? My MOBO is EP35-DS3P.

post-93383-1235400194_thumb.jpg

And, can anyone take a picture when GA-E7AUM-DS2H's starting up for me please?

Thank you very much.

Here it is :

p1050862.th.jpg

good day

bob

@tmongkol

Thanks for looking into this. It's just sad that you don't have the board to test it.

But since you seem to be one of the guys who know something about audio kexts etc, do you think it is possible to have HDMI audio somehow ?

thanks,

st

@tmongkol

Thanks for looking into this. It's just sad that you don't have the board to test it.

But since you seem to be one of the guys who know something about audio kexts etc, do you think it is possible to have HDMI audio somehow ?

thanks,

st

@ stan78

I think I cannot do that. I have never seen Linux codecdump of HDMI, controlled by Nvidia chipset.

@bobisdead

Thank you for taking a picture for me. I am helping our member who has EVGA E115 nforce 730i to solve ALC888. It showed in System Profile and System Preferences but no sound came out.

I've done some further testing with pcie graphics. Memory issues are still present. I don't get the graphics corruptions that plagued us when we tried using the onboard video with more than 2gigs. Instead I get total system freezes. I have also seen this manifest as a kernel panic and when running memtest i see the system start to display the panic screen, but then the graphics freeze before the panic message can appear. I have made all of the necessary changes in the bios. However, I wonder if this is an nforce >2 gigs problem and so I am testing the kexts in the following thread.

appleviaata.kext, jmicron.kext, applenforceata.kext

So far memtest does not cause a panic with these kexts installed (I will update if it does), just in case anyone of the few of us who are trying this board with pcie graphics run into this issue. These kexts may not be needed if you don't use any IDE devices (I do), but I am not sure. Good luck everyone.

After two weeks with this board I go back to my old and probed P5K-VM, I have some minor issues, but, definitely, this board is very good for a Hackintosh, the only drawback is the lack of a HD player in the Mac, so the advantage of having an HDMI output is lost, in the future, when this problem be solved I plan to go back and try again, for now on it must live (sigh) with Vista 64 bits. :(

its the memory mappings in the bios/dsdt thats causing the >2Gb crashes

(2nd time i've said it now)

-D-

Heard you the first time. But a further solution is needed when using a pcie card and turning off internal graphics (PEG). It seems that this board, after turning off internal graphics, has the same problems as other nvidia based boards which are different from those you are reminding us about.

Hello, I'm waiting for this mainboard but I haven't it yet.

I tried to update the VGA BIOS with DFI one which is newer.

I think it won't change anything but anyway you can try this BIOS. I don't know if it will work.

It can damage your mainboard so be careful, nobody tested it.

E7AUMD2HF2A.zip