NVIDIA 9 Series Driver Installer v2

aqua-mac

413 posts in this topic

AquaMac, I have a Gigabyte x48 DQ6 mobo (you said you had no success with it in an earlier post. I am also trying to get this to work with the 9800 gx2 I had a quick question for ya about this tutorial: http://aquamac.proboards106.com/index.cgi?...&thread=569 . You provided the in.plist for the 9800gx2. Then I use terminal to get the code that you paste into the in.plist. In the in.plist there is 2 places where you replace the code right (one towards the top and one towards the bottom)? Because the gx2 is only one card I don't have to do the whole part where cards need to be swapping out. My questions is do I use the same code that I got in terminal for both instances in the in.plist. I just got done trying this and it got to a black screen and froze. I could move the arrow around for a bit though before it froze and it got pasts the blue screen. I just switched it to pci slot #2 now so I'm gonna try the exact same thing. I also set my bios to peg2.

Ok i just tried it on the 2nd pci slot and it after the apple screen its just a black screen...i can move my arrow around the whole screen for about a min or so then it turns into a spinning disc and then the screen just goes black. Am I out of luck or is there still a change i can get my 9800gx2 to work

Thanks

So I noticed that this was just released, but I have not seen anything in the OSX86 community. Has anyone applied the NVIDIA Graphics Update 2009 1.0, that was released yesterday, to there systems? If so have you noticed any improvements or differences with this new update?

Hi All

These days I'm installign my new hackintosh :

Asus P6T

Intel Core i7 920

Corsair XMS3 6 GB

Asus EN9600GT

I updated to 10.5.6 and installed the EFI string.

Everything seems to work. but I get a KP after about 5 minutes. but it could be when doing anything.

(KP is about MachineCheck CPUx, something like that...)

So my question is, do I have any chance to solve my problem by installing these(http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=131914) drivers or the Aquamac drivers ???

Just wanted to let you know that this worked awesome on my PNY 9500 GT.

My Hack has an e5200 cpu at stock 2.5 GHz, 2 gigs ram and with your driver set can play back 1080P Quicktime video with only about 25% cpu

usage on each core. Its smoking fast!

Thank ye!

LOl i have gainward 9400gt 1gb ddr2 card and after following your guide i now have all resolutions, full QI/QE and dual display<YAY>.

i cant check the HDMI out since i don't have compatible TV.

the thing was to pick right nvcap in osx86tools (dvi-vga or vga/dvi) in my case dvi/vga works. i also installed ALL of your drivers from the install package since i could find anything right for 9400gt. i will now delete unused kext.

once again, thanks!

I finally got everything working on my gateway p-7805 w nvidia gerforce 9800gts 1 gig. I used the new XXX leo 10.5.6 distro and selected nvinject 1gig on install. I tried this in other distros with no luck ofcourse. Full QE/Rotation. I did have to enable open gl with osx86 tools. Now off to gettingmy sound to work :D wish me luck.

hello from germany :D

did someone play cod4 on his hackintosh with a 9800 gtx or a 9800 gx2 ?

the resolution should be pls @ 1280" and the details all on low

pls type in the console: " /cg_drawfps 1 "

" /com_maxfps 250 " or " /com_maxfps 125 "

pls tell me the rest of your hardware :)

It would be impressive to see the results wheather a hackintosh can run this game with 250 fps or 125 fps.

the fps results must be constant !

thanks a lot !

EDIT :

multiplayer mode :wacko:

I tried to write to aqua-mac, but then i saw full inbox lol :angel: Anyway, here is my copy of wannabe sent message:

Hi aqua-mac. I belive that you have many questions around Nvidia graphic cards, and i hope some1 allready asked you same question as i will :) (it will be easier to you to answer :D).

Anyway, on my notebook Acer 6930G i have Geforce 9600m GS. In BIOS i have set it on 512MB. I can get it up to 1791MB, even when i dont know how to (cant change in BIOS). Now, i tried to install your last Nvidia 9000 series driver v2 on 512MB, no change. After that i tried to install NDarwin 1.2.5. No success ;). After that i tried on fresh install again your v2 and NDarwin on 256MB, no success. I have no clue what else i can do. Maybe if you add my Dev ID inside of it? I would give a try, but im totally bigest noob with MAC os X, hehe. Well, here is my screen of DEV ID,...

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3788/30012009148gs6.jpg

Also what i noticed:

In boot manager i see VESA 3.0 14MB (nVidia)

In mac os i see 32MB

BIOS 512MB, lol... im a bit confused, hehe

I have an EVGA 9800GTX+ 1gig. I have the latest nvinject and it reads as 512 and everything is working awesome, but has anyone got all 1gig to show? Any luck with the system getting closer to seeing the card for what it really is? thanks for any help

HI there,

i read now the whole thread and saw that 4 people asking if it will work with geforce 9300m gs...

I have this graphics card on my on and want to ask, if someone of that 4 people have managed to get it to work now...

for me, i have no clue up to now how it will work - don*t know how to determine the right hex file...

where do they come from? can i read out my own?

i am realy new to this stuff and all the NVCAP, NVInject ... threads/problems pointing me in different directions...

I Have installed retail version on my vaio z21, i know, internal display will not work (it does up to now, but without accereration and resolution change...

so the simple question: how many things do i have to do to make this running?

install this driver v2... and then?

can you give me a hint? would be really nice...

I read realy much threads now, but have no clear view of the problem i think :)

thanks in advance,

doabigcheese

i read now the whole thread and saw that 4 people asking if it will work with geforce 9300m gs...

I have this graphics card on my on and want to ask, if someone of that 4 people have managed to get it to work now...

for me, i have no clue up to now how it will work - don*t know how to determine the right hex file...

where do they come from? can i read out my own?

i am realy new to this stuff and all the NVCAP, NVInject ... threads/problems pointing me in different directions...

can you give me a hint? would be really nice...

I've get the 9300M GS workign with this: http://nvinject.free.fr/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4

For NVinject : YOU NEED NVINJECTGO

to download it: http://nvinject.free.fr/downloads.php

scroll down and take the newest version of NVinjectGo

I've take this version : NVinjectGo_0.1.0.zip but if you have a 512 mb card you need to use this: NVinjectGo_512Mb.0.1.0.zip

I followed the steps in the tutorial (link is in my post) and I can change resolution, colors...

Mac OSX detect now 256 mb VRAM so I think its working :D

-Thmz!

I followed the steps in the tutorial (link is in my post) and I can change resolution, colors...

Mac OSX detect now 256 mb VRAM so I think its working :D

HI, thanks for this...

but now i'm stuck :)

I get a black screen and output does not work, too (on VGA output)...

With the steps in the tutorial, did you mean just the installation guide for nvinjectgo?

so i don't have to change some hex values somewhere or anything different?

I think i must have missed a step or two :(

update: I didn't check the hdmi output... so now: hdmi (works), vga (black), internal lcd (black) - but no CI/QE up to now

update2: hm... it was working 1 boot time... then i changed resolution on vga screen and now i can't manage to get a picture anymore - it is blue... with vnc i can connect and see the desktop with a resolution the monitor can handle.... :D damn...

cant get 9600gt to work...

with the drivers from the drivers thread for it - i insall and get no change except scroll is screwed...

with drivers and efi string - same as above...

with drivers, efi string, nvdarwin 1.25... i get a reboot into a blank black screen...

all in 10.5.6...

I just made an installer for the NVIDIA 9 Series Drivers taken from the new Macbookpro Update. Download it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/156247292/NVID...ver_v2.zip.html

(Latest update- Version 2 - NVIDIA 9700m GTS added 062A-10DE dev id) (For the latest updates always use this link).

My 9800 GTX now uses the correct Open GL Engine.

seriesdriverinst.jpeg

workingcards.jpeg

mysetup.jpeg

10.5.5 minimum requirement I would think.

:unsure:

Has anybody had issues with sleep initiating after these drivers are installed? I have a GA-EP45-DS3P board that had a 8600GT on it and it would initiate sleep fine (go to sleep after 1 hour of inactivity), I upgraded to the 9400GT and installed these drivers, now it wont go to sleep automatically, but I can still sleep from the keyboard or the apple menu item... It might not be this at all, but seems to be the only thing that i changed recently.

Has anybody had issues with sleep initiating after these drivers are installed? I have a GA-EP45-DS3P board that had a 8600GT on it and it would initiate sleep fine (go to sleep after 1 hour of inactivity), I upgraded to the 9400GT and installed these drivers, now it wont go to sleep automatically, but I can still sleep from the keyboard or the apple menu item... It might not be this at all, but seems to be the only thing that i changed recently.

hey man, does your 9400GT works ? mine does not work so well. What is your Open GL Extension Viewer stats ?