NVIDIA 9 Series Driver Installer v2

aqua-mac

413 posts in this topic

Hope you guys can help me.

Been pounding my head against the keyboard for the last week.

I am running an EVGA 9800 GT with 1 GB VRAM.

I tried installing the drivers and putting in the GFX string but nothing has changed(see attached).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sorry forgot the pic

post-310006-1225154265_thumb.png

as roadcrash advised me and it worked, I did a clean install of iatkos 4.1 v 10.5.4 updated to 10.5.5 vanilla.

then installed the NVdarwin installer 1.2.3 and used the KEXT only from nvdarwin, by choosing the proper vram. then installing the NVIDIA_9000_Series_Driver_v2 from this forum and rebooted that was it i got qe/ci and resolution. the only problem i got now is the screen flicker... but i am told to put in the edid data and thats all.

now if you do that and it dont work still just open the nvhal50 and add that device id to it and the nvdarwin kext in the iopcimatch string.

hope that helps it did to me too as it did to roadcrash!!!

Hi, I have 9600m gs. I followed your instructions. Before applying, I have had 9600m gs recognized in iDeneb 10.5.5, but not qe. This, I did it only with nvdarwin 1.2.3 . ok, at first, I just downloaded this installer and clicked double clicked and it installed by itself. it asked me to reboot, so i did. But then it just won't boot. after the bios picture, I would see a blinking terminal line and it would get stuck there. If I put the dvd in, I can access the mac through safe boot.

I couldn't fix the problem of getting stuck, so I reinstalled iDeneb 10.5.5. On the first boot, it gets stuck at apple logo, so I have to go into safe boot and install graphics driver. So I did. This time, following your instructions exactly. Only installed Tools and NVdarwin from NVdarwin v.1.2.3, making sure I choose 1024MB, which is what I have. Then extracted GeForce.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext, NVDANV50Hal.kext, NVDAResman.kext from this installer, then installed them with kexthelper b7. Same problem.

So then again I reinstalled the whole OS X, and this time, before installing the new kexts, I erased those four files from the extensions folder as instructed by Xdarwin, and then installed them. Still the same problem.

So, trying to fix this problem, went into the safe boot through the DVD's kernel, and edited the device id in each of the four kext files, then reinstalled them.

Still the same problem.

Now what do I do...?

Thanks.

I just installed EVGA 512-P3-N980-AR GeForce 9800 GT Hybrid Power 512MB

Fully working with GFX string

Thanks Aqua Mac I read you thread and than ordered this card One Question with old 7600 GT my Xbench score Quartz Graphic Test & OpenGL Graphic Test were way high than this new card

any idea ?

27yx4xz.png

ru31tw.png

oK aqua-mac, I am understanding this method to a "certain" degree. I've got my PCI path strings. I realize I have to insert/replace the two pci strings with the in.plist you provided (the one for a SINGLE 9800GX2 card).

My only question (and the reason I haven't gone ahead yet is because I just can't find the answer anywhere else) is,

Your PCI strings expressed as:

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x6,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Windows Vista returns them as:

PCIROOT(0).... etc etc

my question is this: how do I go about converting my WINDOWS VISTA strings (I realize that the first of the two on each are the same) to the OS X in.plist readable strings?

The string in question is returned as:

PCIROOT(0)#PCI(0100)#PCI(0000)#PCI(0200)#PCI(0000)

Other than this, I've got the process figured out (thanks for your patience aqua...)

Just to clarify, Chameleon bootloader uses EFI v.8... right? And then the hex dump that the gfxutil returns I can actually just insert it into my com.apple.boot.plist via OSx86Tools.... right? (again, thanks for your patience)

edit: hang on I think I've got this. I'm about to import the hex, using PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) and PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)....

Update:

Now I installed NVdarwin.kext and 4 files noted above from this installer...

it boots fine, the problem was my usb stick/mp3 player plugged into the system.

But I still don't have QE?

how could I fix this?

thank you

OK it's confirmed, I get the BSOD (black screen of death) right after the desktop initializes. It freezes after 30 seconds.

So it's true and sad that it won't go in the primary slot.

To recap:

Card: 9800GX2

Mobo: Asus P5W DH wifi

Card is in PCIx slot 1 (top most, in this crossfireX ready board)

When I've got another few hours to spare, I'll rip out the 9800GX2 and put it in the 2nd PCIx slot and give it a whirl.

Some thoughts: I hate doing things through terminal. So, after I used plist editor pro I imported my in.plist with OSx86's tools, and it automatically generated/inserted the hex into my boot.apple.plist. I then double checked the boot plist file and it was there. So, I don't think I did anything wrong in inserting the hex dump into my boot plist file... different path, same journey....

Another BSOD candidate here:

I get a kernel panic when I open up ColorEyes Display Pro or its corresponding LUTloader.app.

Spyer2Pro and also EyeOne Match freeze or terminate when opening.

switching my card back to a 7300GT solves the problem.

I opened a thread here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=134187

Maybe someone here knows better than I :-((

Hola,

First of all thanks everybody and specially acqua for all the info and support.

I installed a MSI NV 9400 GT and is working well, just have some weird behavior like that:

When I'm restarting or starting my PC, it start to turn off the monitor a couple of times, then turn on again and works ok

There is one application at least, didn't test all yet, DVD Player which gives me error 70012 all the time.

I installed iAtkos 4i and then all the upgrades to 10.5.5

Then, install the Nvidia 9000 Series Driver 2

and then NVDarwin 1.2.3

this is my system profile

Unknown NVIDIA Card:

Chipset Model: Unknown NVIDIA Card

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0641

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVdarwin 1.2.3

Displays:

Display Connector:

8221A:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Any help?

Thanks

Hello aqua-mac and all other users.

I've used the driver installer v2 + GFX String from OSX86Tools with my GeForce 9800 GTX+ and everything works very well, big thank you.

My problem is that when I wake the computer from sleep after installing the drivers my system becomes sluggish and laggy. I've been able so isolate the problem to the Nvidia drivers.

More information about the problem here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=134713

Anyone else noticed the same problem or know any fix or workaround?

Hi Rotmos,

I have not suffered the same problem as you but you may need to hold on for 10.5.6 and hope those drivers do not cause you the same problem. One thing I have noticed is that if I connect an Apple pro mouse then sleep, it will not work at all after waking the computer even though it is seen in system profiler. Re-plugging does not work either. As this is not the mouse I normally use, it's not a problem. I normally use a Logitech Revolution mouse and this works perfectly. Have you access to another mouse?

Hi Rotmos,

I have not suffered the same problem as you but you may need to hold on for 10.5.6 and hope those drivers do not cause you the same problem. One thing I have noticed is that if I connect an Apple pro mouse then sleep, it will not work at all after waking the computer even though it is seen in system profiler. Re-plugging does not work either. As this is not the mouse I normally use, it's not a problem. I normally use a Logitech Revolution mouse and this works perfectly. Have you access to another mouse?

Okay thanks for a fast reply. Guess it's not much I can do about it then other than wait for new updated drivers.

I'm using an intellimouse explorer 3 but it seems unlikely the mouse is the cause to my problem since it worked fine with sleep and back from sleep up until I installed the Nvidia 9000 drivers v2.

Has any other user with a 9000 series GeForce noticed the same problem as mine? Sluggishness when waking from sleep?

Hey

would like some help getting my 9800GX2 working pls

jus wanted to know if the installer would work on a fresh kalaway 10.5.2?

kthx

-a.

Bump?

iv managed to update to 10.5.4, that good enuf?

....cos when i tried to update to 10.5.5 it crashed ;/

or is there some other way that i can get gfx to work?

its the only thing that need fixing then ive got a complete osx running :P

kthx

-a.

Edit

i installed the driver, on reboot i jus got a black screen, is ter any way fix this?

...change it back vga mode etc?

kthx.

-a.

Bump?

iv managed to update to 10.5.4, that good enuf?

....cos when i tried to update to 10.5.5 it crashed ;/

or is there some other way that i can get gfx to work?

its the only thing that need fixing then ive got a complete osx running :D

kthx

-a.

Edit

i installed the driver, on reboot i jus got a black screen, is ter any way fix this?

...change it back vga mode etc?

kthx.

-a.

If you read through the thread you'll notice that the GX2 card is only successful if you install it in the 2nd PCIx slot...(unless you have the x48 chipset). it's worth a try. I tried installing the drivers on my old i795 chipset, and it froze when it was trying to launch the OS' gui. For now, I've ditched trying to get it running as this has only been an experimental project for me. I can't at the moment swap out PCIx slots and I'm just waiting until a good solid several hours open up.

Make sure you follow Aqua-mac's good step by step walk through, you can see he put down some good links as well as a plist that contains ONLY the 9800GX2 info:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=943024

One last thing, the Nvidia 9000 series drivers that are posted in this thread only work under 10.5.5. If you can try getting your OS updated that'd be a big plus.

Successful here with a Gigabyte 9500GT 512 MB. A good value card for my HTPC.

I have an older Intel MOBO and a dual pentium so I wasn't sure if I would be able to upgrade to 10.5.5 in order to use this, but the new iDeneb release worked fine. QE/CI, rotation, everything else supported, just used the installer and added the HEX string to the boot.plist.

Thanks aqua-mac!

I've got a GeForce 9300M GS, can't get it to work outside of 1024x768.

From System Profiler:

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 32 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x06e9

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Odd thing is it's supposed to be a 256MB card, though System Profiler shows it as 32MB. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for this driver! It is working like a charm with my EVGA GeForce 9600 GT

Here's what I had to do to make it work:

I installed iDeneb 10.5.5 without any video drivers (i.e. not picking any video drivers options) at this point it wouldnt even boot in Normal Mode, only in safe mode...

I downloaded your driver, installed it... repaired permissions, rebooted, now I could boot in normal mode, but I would get a really funky result when I tried to move windows etc.. and still couldnt change resolution...

I generated an EFI string following the instructions of this post: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=937393 (Using OSx86tools)

Repaired permissions, rebooted... and bam... fully working! With QE/CI, TV Out is working, everything is looking smooth!

Thanks to the Author of the installer and this post i was able to get QE/CI on GainWard 9500 GT.

Sticky!

Success!!!

I used efistudio with the 8800GTX profile, which before installing, I altered to read 9800GTX and 512MB.

After that I installed the above downloaded set of drivers and my ECS Elitegroup 9800GTX is properly identified and using the proper OpenGL extensions.

Big Thank you!!!

Score in OpenMark is 42910 compared to 29491 with my 8800GT

With the old 'Pre-Release unknown OpenGL Engine' my 9800GTX scored only 23557

After startup, the fan of the card is running at full speed for about 5min, after that normal fan operation...

Success!!!

I used efistudio with the 8800GTX profile, which before installing, I altered to read 9800GTX and 512MB.

After that I installed the above downloaded set of drivers and my ECS Elitegroup 9800GTX is properly identified and using the proper OpenGL extensions.

Big Thank you!!!

Score in OpenMark is 42910 compared to 29491 with my 8800GT

With the old 'Pre-Release unknown OpenGL Engine' my 9800GTX scored only 23557

After startup, the fan of the card is running at full speed for about 5min, after that normal fan operation...

Hey glad to hear you got your 9800GTX going. i' was curious what PCI slot you've got your card plugged into... I'm using a smilar chipset board as you, Asus P5w DH.

Thanks in adv.