NVIDIA 9 Series Driver Installer v2

aqua-mac

413 posts in this topic

Hello.

I used this. and an EFI Graphics String and it doesn't seem to work. I have a XFX GeForce 9800GTX+ 512mb.

it worked fine with iDeneb but with iAtkos it doesn't seem to work. im also using EFI 9 i think.

reply asap would help thanks

In my zeal to get my iPC 10.5.6 install using my 9300M I gave this and NVDarwin a shot. It seemed to work fine after the first boot, but when I went in to the screen settings I accidentally clicked one of the other listed modes which seemed to switch the mode to something that my system doesn't like, now whenever I boot, even though I use the "Graphics Mode"="1440x900x32" once the graphical system loads up I get a "black screen". Things seem to work as I can hit the power button then Enter and the system will shutdown, I'm just not getting anything on the screen.

Is there a way to reset what mode the graphical system wants to enter upon load or would it just be easier to boot into safe mode replace the kext's with the original 10.5.6 ones, run the permissions script and just get the included drivers working?

thanks!

Core Vidia Injector 1.0

Hi you guys,

I've been trying to post this for days, but it keeps getting erase (?) from the forum, so, for those who need a new approach on nvidia, here it goes: There's a new Nvidia driver around

CoreVidia.kext is a graphics injector for Mac OSX Intel Based. It works on NVIDIA 6,7,8,9 and Quadro Series.

Core Vidia Injector 1.0 is the next generation of NVdarwin, developed by XDarwin/Ruben Carneiro.

CoreVidia 1.0

CoreVidia, Copyright © 2009 Ruben Carneiro

Features:

Reduced boot time

Support for Quadro Series 9

Small raise in the amount of FPS - tested in GLView

The hardware id's will be updated on each new version of Core Vidia Injector

To install, you just have to choose the amount of RAM for your graphics card.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?gzmioimfie0

(Translated from the original portuguese OSX forum - http://osx86tuga.co.cc/index.php?showtopic...entry218)

i'm wondering if anyone can help me out. i'm using iPC 10.5.6 and i've got my WG311T wireless working as well as my realtek onboard sound. i do however have the notoriously difficult 9600GT. i just can't get this thing to work... i've tried your driver package but i'm not really sure if i'm repairing permissions or editing strings correctly. can anyone give me a little help, it's the only thing i need to do to get my hackintosh fully working.

picture1afo.png

Core Vidia Injector 1.0

Hi you guys,

I've been trying to post this for days, but it keeps getting erase (?) from the forum, so, for those who need a new approach on nvidia, here it goes: There's a new Nvidia driver around

CoreVidia.kext is a graphics injector for Mac OSX Intel Based. It works on NVIDIA 6,7,8,9 and Quadro Series.

Core Vidia Injector 1.0 is the next generation of NVdarwin, developed by XDarwin/Ruben Carneiro.

CoreVidia 1.0

Features:

Reduced boot time

(Translated from the original portuguese OSX forum - http://osx86tuga.co.cc/index.php?showtopic...entry218)

thx bro.. it worked for my 9800 GTX+ all I had to do was enter my device id into the corevidia.kext..My GFX strings did not work right.. That new injector did the trick with no need for GFX strings. Full rotation, CI=Hardware,QE, and QGL

Core Vidia Injector 1.0

Hi you guys,

CoreVidia 1.0

Features:

Reduced boot time

i'm getting this error when i try to run the installer:

picture1d.png

after playing around i got this working. thank you so much AquaMac for this driver package, you made this so easy to install.

i got my eVGA 9600GT working just by doing the following.

installing AquaMacs 9xxx series driver package in this thread.

repairing permissions with OSx86 Tools application

rebooted my machine

as soon as it rebooted, i got the proper resolution (1280x1024) and i got full Quartz Extreme Support.

i remember being so frustrated when Kalyway 10.5.1 was released and being unable to use my 9600GT. again i can't thank you enough!

Use the input file I have attached below but follow my walkthrough to edit your PCI address. Instructions are in the walkthrough.

Hi aquamac,

This is my first post to this forum. Thanks for all the info out there, it really helped.

I have a gateway p-7811 fx which has an nVidia Geforce 9800 m GTS card (512 mb). I used your NVIDIA 9 Series Driver Installer v2 and used the gfxutil that you posted for this card and followed the walkthrough. I also added my deviceId in the info.plist. It seems to work, I get my native resolution, but i have Quartz Extreme: Not Supported.

Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated, since I'm a n00b at this.

Also, randomly my booting does not work. I usually boot with -v and it gets stuck at different places at different times. Sometimes it works all the way through to the OS, but my keyboard doesnt work. One out of 5 times it works correctly. Does anybody know why that could happen?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you very much, aquamac, for this wonderful driver! It finally got my Gainward 9500 GT 512 MB silent to work CI/QE enabled on my iPC 10.5.6 installation.

Not sure if that is relevant, but in addition to using these drivers (as they come, no modification required) I have added the EFI string for my card (as described in THIS threat).

I just made an installer for the NVIDIA 9 Series Drivers taken from the new Macbookpro Update. Download it here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/156247292/NVID...ver_v2.zip.html

(Latest update- Version 2 - NVIDIA 9700m GTS added 062A-10DE dev id) (For the latest updates always use this link).

My 9800 GTX now uses the correct Open GL Engine.

seriesdriverinst.jpeg

workingcards.jpeg

mysetup.jpeg

10.5.5 minimum requirement I would think.

:hysterical:

aqua-mac,

i was wondering if you could give me some advice or pointers with regards to the nVidia GeForce GTS 250 1GB; which is a rebadged nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX+. i haven't had any luck with this installer (i continually get a kernel panic), then again the dev id for the GTS 250 is 0615 (061501de). i don't have any experience grabbing NVCAP or setting the VRAM totalsize manually. i haven't seen any gfx-strings for the 9800GTX+ with 1GB of RAM either. there have been some posts on the wiki that show people having success using OSX86Tools to install EFI strings into com.apple.Boot.plist, but that too also causes a kernel panic.

i've tried other posts that use a customized 9800GTX kext, but so far no luck with those either.

one would think it would be easy to reuse existing kexts for the 9800GTX/GTX+, but apparently it's a bit harder.

thanks!

best regards,

ian t

I have put up a in.plist for the GTS 250 1024 MB here. If it is basically a re badged 9800 GTX then you should have no problems and you should be able to get it to work. Did you also try something like NVDarwin.kext to check out if it is not something else that you are doing wrong?

I would think 10.5.6 is also a given.

I have put up a in.plist for the GTS 250 1024 MB here. If it is basically a re badged 9800 GTX then you should have no problems and you should be able to get it to work. Did you also try something like NVDarwin.kext to check out if it is not something else that you are doing wrong?

I would think 10.5.6 is also a given.

aqua-mac,

i think i may have asked you for assistance a bit prematurely...

but, thank you very much for responding...

i was up till 8:30am PST trying to get things working with your how-to here:

http://aquamac.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa...=509&page=1

I used your use of GFX Strings in conjuction with EFI v8 or higher.

For my setup, the graphics card is located at "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)"

NVCAP is BAAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=, which is the same for most any 9000 series graphics card.

NVPM is AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==, which seems to be the same for most, some don't have it included.

VRAM,totalsize is AAAAQA== for 1024

I modded in.plist to include my information:

model = NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

rom-revision = IanT eVGA GeForce GTS 250 1GB

I then ran ./gfxutil -i xml -o hex ./in.plist ./out.hex, and copied the hex from out.hex to /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist under device-properties.

Your hint on including, worked like a charm!:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1920x1200x32</string>

Since I am using Chameleon 2.0RC1-r431, the changes to com.apple.Boot.plist were added to /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist, instead of /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

I then referenced this thread > NVIDIA 9 Series Driver Installer v2...

After I ran your installer, I added 0x061510de&0xffe0ffff to both NVDAResman.kext/Contents/Info.plist and NVDANV50hal.kext/Contents/Info.plist

I also ran PCWiz's DSDT Patcher GUI, which created dsdt.aml; I placed it into /Extra/dsdt.aml

I crossed my fingers and it was completely supported!! QE/CI Full Support (see attached image)

I am also happy to report that I am able to restart and shutdown normally!! I read on some posts/replies that restart/shutdown didn't work, it would turn off/power off the signaling from the video card and the monitor would go to sleep.

aqua-mac, without both your guides, I wouldn't have been able to figure it out... i also want to thank your fans (myself included), some of their troubles/solutions also helped light the way for me!!!

My next step is to reproduce my success by installing vanilla using BOOT-132 method + Retail DVD.

again, thank you for responding, I very much appreciate it!!!

ps. i tried nvdarwin.kext and nvinject.kext, the kernel panicked. i think i even tried nvdarwin installer 1.25, the system would boot, but no display on either DVI-I connectors. i was able to reboot the system typing blindly though.

pps. system specs for people that are wondering...

ASUS P5Q LGA775 Intel P45 ATX Motherboard (ALC1200.kext)

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz

4GB (2x2GB) OCZ SLI-Ready Edition PC2-6400 Memory 5-4-4-15 @ 2.1v

LG GGC-H20L BLURAY/HDDVD Reader DVD+-R Writer

1TB Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS

Netgear WG311T Wireless Adapter Up to 108Mbps (Atheros Wireless Adapters, pci168c,13-wep tested only)

Antec Sonata III Case w/500 Earth Watts Power Supply

Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (keeps the CPU at a nice 25c)

ART 26-in-1 Flash Memory Reader (tested and working properly in OS X)

post-72776-1239402239_thumb.png

Hi Aqua-mac,

Thanks so much for your help! I'm using just your GFX strings for the 9800 GTX+ 512MB (according to your guide) I have and it seems everything is working. However, when I look in system profiler, I don't see QuartzGL anywhere in there. I am *not* using these drivers yet, just the GFX strings. Is there something I'm missing? Would installing these drivers change anything?

Also, is there a way to install these drivers to an EFI partition/EFI USB stick instead of S/L/E ? I have my com.apple.boot.plist on a Chameleon EFI boot stick but when I start the installer, I'm unable to choose that as a destination. If I extract the .kexts with Pacifist, it doesn't work. Sorry, still kind of new to the whole OSX86 scene but catching on quickly. Thanks again for your help!

About_this_mac.tiff

OpenGL_Extensions_Viewer.tiff

Does anyone get the overscan toggle feature in System Preferences with this driver in 10.5.6? I have a 9400 GT that is working nicely with this driver (in conjunction with gfx strings), with my TV's overscan being the only problem. I've tried to use SwitchResX with the proper timings to do custom resolutions, but it just produces a black screen. Pretty much any custom resolution produces a black screen. Any ideas?

To get Quartz GL, download OSX Tools and enable Quartz GL. however it does not make much difference, unlike Quartz Extreme and Core Image.

http://######.com/osx86tools/

Awesome, didn't know if I needed that or not!! Btw, dunno if you know how to do this but is there a way to install these drivers to an EFI partition/EFI USB stick instead of S/L/E? Everytime I choose my Chameleon EFI USB stick as the destination, this fails. Thanks again!!!

Does anyone get the overscan toggle feature in System Preferences with this driver in 10.5.6? I have a 9400 GT that is working nicely with this driver (in conjunction with gfx strings), with my TV's overscan being the only problem. I've tried to use SwitchResX with the proper timings to do custom resolutions, but it just produces a black screen. Pretty much any custom resolution produces a black screen. Any ideas?

I don't know but you should google your TV model # + SwitchResX and there's a possibility someone's already published the settings for your TV. That's what happened with mine.

I don't know but you should google your TV model # + SwitchResX and there's a possibility someone's already published the settings for your TV. That's what happened with mine.

Yeah, I did that, but unfortunately I can't find anything. Just in case someone around here is reading this that knows anything about my model, my TV is an RCA L32WD22 (purchased from Wal-Mart less than a year ago), but Mac OS X/Windows recognizes it as "ZORAN HDMI TV". Searching for either terms SwitchResX doesn't produce any relevant info. It's surprising considering I thought it would be a common TV.

Nice one Ian, glad you got it working, and also to know that the GTS 250 can work without 10.5.7 update that should be due soon.

aqua-mac,

thank you for your kind words!

do you know if 10.5.7 has any graphics updates?

thanks a million!

IanT

There is an Nvidia update with 10.5.7, but I was hoping for GTX 260/280 support, but I am told it does not have this. Hopefully 10.5.8 will. Snow Leopard has support but still obviously has a number of bugs. Leo on the other hand is incredibly stable these days.

I have 9800m GTS working properly, exept that the VGA output does not work. If I connect my LCD into this, the laptop LCD become black and the external LCD does not do anything.

How to solve this?

Thank you big people!!