NVIDIA 9 Series Driver Installer v2

aqua-mac

413 posts in this topic

9800 GX2 = Pain in the *side* lol I honestly havent even tried it yet, i'll be purchasing one of those new X58 boards soon so for now i just generated strings for my 9800GT in my second slot and swap the dvi cable and boot from that. GX2 is in my first slot for my windows installation. Everything is working fine this way, both of the cards just put out alot of noise.

Just for trial purposes, which gfxutil should I use for the GX2 one with 1024 or maybe 512? Thanks

Hey guys. Been lurking around the forums for a while now. Quick low-down on my set up:

Mobo: GA-EP45C-DS3R

CPU: 2.83GHz Quad Core 2

GFX: EVGA nVidia 9800 GTX+ (512MB)

I've tried the gfx string method (com.apple.Boot.plist) and I've tried the NVIDIA 9 Series Driver Installer v2

I can't seem to get this puppy working. Anybody got success stories with my graphics card? How about suggestions?

Cheers,

volte

oh, and then check this out (Picture 1.png). When I delete the NVinject.kext (which was installed via the NVIDIA 9 Series Driver Installer v2) and I delete Extensions.mkext and fix permissions, look at what it claims my graphics card is now.

Grr... So frustrating. Anyone?

:D

volte

post-318362-1226923298_thumb.png

post-318362-1226957890_thumb.png

So, first of all, thanks a lot for this installer. Secondly, I have one issue: I can't get QE/CI on my card! I have a GeForce 9600 GT with device ID of 0622. What I've done is reinstalled using iDeneb v1.3 for 10.5.5, selected no graphics drivers, installed your drivers, then installed an EFI string with osx86tools. The result: I can change my resolutions and everything, however, QE/CI is just NOT supported! Also, I tried using NVdarwin instead of the EFI GFX String, and I get the SAME result. Any ideas as to how to enable QE/CI?

EDIT: I've also tried your method you linked to on your forums for doing this. Same thing -- everything works, but no QE/CI.

[Also, if this matters, I have to boot with cpus=1 -- I have a core 2 duo E8400 and it won't boot without cpus = 1 :(]

Hi,

I have an Asus Rampage Formula x48 and I can't seem to find any info on this although it says in the compatibilty list that tested with a 98x2 in slot 2 that it works will a 98GT also have to be in slot 2 to work ?

I have a 96GT at the moment, it works in Kaly10.5.3 in slot 1, but with 1024resolution only as the drivers need 10.5.5 tried installing iDeneb but then it gets stuck at the booting screen with the apple in the middle.

Should i change my 96 to slot 2? or is it something else ?

And also another question thinking of buying a 98GT 2morrow, is it worth changing from 96gt to the 98gt ? and already asked this but do i need to use slot 2 also, or is that only an issue for the 98x2 on the X48motherboard ?!

thanks in advance....

I have a XFX 9800GT /w 512mb. QE / CI both work but every time i try to change resolution I get stuck at a blue screen. Once I reboot the computer, the display settings are set to the new resolution. I've tried with EFI strings and with just NVinject on both Kalyway 10.5.2 and iDeneb 10.5.5 both with the same results. Any ideas?

How many people on here have successfully installed this on their 9xxx laptop?

I'm interested in getting a p-7811 fx laptop if I find full compatibility.Its on the wiki but I hope that the card reader works too(I know but some gateways do).I want to know which model laptop and graphics card.

Hey Aquamac, having a little bit of issues here.

I installed the graphics strings for my 9600m gs with 1gb of ram, which solved most of my issues (booting without safe mode, correct resolution, etc.) but still nothing on the QE / CI

Any suggestions? I'm on an Asus x83v machine, will post specs if necessary.

I was having screenshot issues. :D

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac

Model Identifier: MacPro3,1

Processor Name: Intel® Core2 Duo CPU P8400 @

Processor Speed: 2.27 GHz

Total Number Of Cores: 1

L2 Cache: 3 MB

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM SSE3 MON DSCPL VMX SMX EST TM2 SSSE3 CX16 TPR PDCM SSE4.1

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: BOOT.88Z.EFI.V80.061193037 (American Megatrends Inc.)

Serial Number: CK157KMHK5B

NVIDIA 9600M GS:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA 9600M GS

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0648

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVIDIA 9600M GS OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 800

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

I got my gfx strings by using the efi maker built in on the osx86 tools.

Hi guys,

Sorry have been a bit out of the loop with extreme work commitments!! I can tell you that it is not the drivers, but with 10.5.6 imminent, installing that may cure whatever file that is stopping your QE & CI from working. Try also updating to the latest voodoo 10.5.5 kernel & System.kext.

I have a XFX 9800GT /w 512mb. QE / CI both work but every time i try to change resolution I get stuck at a blue screen. Once I reboot the computer, the display settings are set to the new resolution. I've tried with EFI strings and with just NVinject on both Kalyway 10.5.2 and iDeneb 10.5.5 both with the same results. Any ideas?

try at 60 Hertz or lower