NVIDIA 9 Series Driver Installer v2

aqua-mac

413 posts in this topic

Tiburon,

I really am not sure. I think you would need the Open GL Framework from 10.5.5 as the very minimum. I have included an installer below:

http://rapidshare.com/files/155602335/10.5...mework.zip.html

Install this first before the kexts download as that install requires you reboot.

This may work or it could mess up your installation. Personally I would give it a go, but then I always keep a cloned backup of my installation if things go wrong!

If you try it and it works on 10.5.4, let me know and I will include the 10.5.5 Framework in the installer at the top of the page.

After two unsuccessful attempts to update to 10.5.6 from 10.5.4 i've decided to install the 10.5.5 Open GL Framework. So, it installed fine and after using OSx86 Tools to insert my 9800GTX+ graphics strings my profiler now shows:

nVidia GeForce 9800GTX+:

Chipset Model: nVidia GeForce 9800GTX+

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x8

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0612

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: nVidia GeForce 9800GTX+ OpenGL Engine [EFI]

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1440 x 900

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Display Connector:

Is there anyway to get your driver package to install in 10.5.4? It keeps telling me I need 10.5.5.

Thanks!

I have removed all injectors from my Extensions folder. I have tried OSX86 tools before, but I have had problems with it "losing" my com.apple.Boot.plist, other than that I haven't seen that it has fixed it for me, Never the less I will have to try it again when I get home.

I have removed all injectors from my Extensions folder. I have tried OSX86 tools before, but I have had problems with it "losing" my com.apple.Boot.plist, other than that I haven't seen that it has fixed it for me, Never the less I will have to try it again when I get home.

First, I gotta say, aquamac, you roxor! I finally got my rig so see my 9800 GTX and I have WoW running! Now I can use Mac for all of my previous Windows needs. I use QEMU for my Windows development/work.

@JCsHands: This is what I finally did in OSx86Tools.

Even if have you have done some of this already, just do it all again.

+Click on Install EFI/Run FDisk and choose your correct disk and for EFI to Install select Chameleon EFI -you may already have it, as I did, but just do it. Then click Install EFI.

+click Add EFI Strings/Boot Flag. Select GFI Strings icon, choose your card and then select Import String to Boot Editor, when back in Boot Editor click Apply changes to com.apple.Boot.plist.

+In the System Maintenace area check EVERY box and then click Run Selected Tasks.

+Back in OSx86Tools click Enable/Disable Quartz GL, Enable Quartz GL if not enabled.

Reboot.

If, when you reboot, the top bar is translucent then you are golden. If not, then remember that Alsace is a nutter.

EDIT: BTW, I am running 10.5.6 on a vanilla retail install.

Alscse,

Great that you got it working and also that you have offered some good solid advice too. Sometimes when things don't work the first time you have to try again.

Sometimes the answer is to go back to basics and re-install OSX, especially if you have had other cards installed in the system with other injectors.

Thanks guys for the advice, I am sadly at so it will be a few hours before I get to try it out. Sorry if I sounded whiney or needy, I have been trying to get this thing to work since Christmas. I have not tried all of the steps that Alsace provided, I am excited to try it out to see what happens. If I get it to work then I know that my wife will be almost as excited as me. (She has been really tolerant with me so far, cant tell you how many times I have had to reinstall OS X.)

Anyway, Hope it works!

I installed these drivers for my 9800 GT on a machine running EFIv9 and 10.5.6, then I went into OSx86 tools and did a custom EFI string for the card. Now the card shows up perfectly in system profiler, scores a nice ~30000 on OpenMark, and shows up nicely in GLview. However, every 3D game I've attempted to use with the card, regardless of how minimal its requirements, immediately freezes my system, necessitating a hard restart. I'm wondering if I should try NVDarwin to alleviate this problem. Additionally, if I install NVDarwin do I need to remove the custom EFI string for the card or should I leave it as it is? :)

You can leave the strings in place, as they will be overwritten at boot time by NVDarwin. However I am not sure if this is really your problem. Would be interested in how it goes. All games are working fine for me.

Thank you for your reply aqua-mac. I ran NVdarwin on my install, rebooted, and opened COD4. I was able to play at the default settings for about one minute, more than I had been able to do previously. Next, I tried to shift the resolution up to 1680x1050, at which point the mouse froze and I got a spinning wheel which froze as well after a few seconds. I shut the system down and rebooted. When switching from the OSX splash screen to the blue boot screen, the monitor shuts off and the computer immediately turns itself off. I suppose I will try booting into safe-mode and removing NVdarwin now. The board I'm using is a Gigabyte E7AUM-DS2H which has onboard GeForce 9400. The 9400 was having serious problems, such as beautiful snow-crashes on wake from sleep and warped green screen crashes when running a wide variety of applications. I had hoped to circumvent these presumably shared memory problems by installing a new video card and setting the BIOS to shutdown the onboard video when detecting an external GPU. I fear I've simply thown more money into a machine which can't run anything buy Vista! B)

Aqua-mac,

Sorry for the multiple posts. Accidentally started a new topic.

I have tried many of the solutions listed here and elsewhere with my setup but I just cannot get QE/CI working with my EVGA 9800GTX+ card. I have 10.5.6 installed on my DFI Lanparty Ultra "D" mb with AMD X2 3800 CPU. Everything works fine except this issue and "About this Mac" not showing anything but a blank blue screen for a moment. I am a nooby with things presently. QuartzGL is working fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Blog,

I am not sure what you mean by "this issue". I would think that you probably need a new AppleSMBios.kext to sort the "About this Mac" issue. I have to admit to little experience with AMD/OSX86.

Sorry, the issue is not being able to get QE/CI working even after trying different solutions. I was wondering if you could help me sort out why I can't get QE/CI working.

Blog,

I am not sure what you mean by "this issue". I would think that you probably need a new AppleSMBios.kext to sort the "About this Mac" issue. I have to admit to little experience with AMD/OSX86.

So I tried the suggestions from Alsace, but its still a no go. I reinstalled the Chameleon and it broke my install. It seems like my board doesnt like that version of Chameleon, it causes an reboot loop. I am able to use PC EFI v9 but not the version of Chameleon that comes with OSX86 Tools. So I am not sure if that is the problem, but it would make sense as to why the iAtkos and iPC DVDs do the exact same thing when I try to boot from them.

So I have reinstalled OS X using iDeneb 1.3 without any video drivers, later today I will try to install the nVidia 9000 series drivers and then try to generate the EFI strings again.

I finally found a solution to unsupporting QE/CI after reading other posts in other sections. Took me about 5 days to figure out this problem after having not using OSx86 for nearly a year or less. Like I said before I am a nooby again.

My solution was to edit the NIVinject.kext/Info.plist to change IOProbeScore from 60,000 to 0 as somebody else already figured out. As soon as I did this, repaired permissions and rebooted I now have QE/CI and Rotation all enabled. If anyone else is having the same trouble even after following most of the Injecter solutions and Graphic strings then try the above solution before resorting to reinstall OSx86.

Oh yes, thanks Aqua-mac for all the help u provided to everyone here. Keep up the great work.

Sorry, the issue is not being able to get QE/CI working even after trying different solutions. I was wondering if you could help me sort out why I can't get QE/CI working.

Hi!

I need your help, i can't get QE to work and it won't use Nvidia as renderer either.

I've got a Nvidia Geforce 9650m GT 1gb Vram.

I used your installer, inserted my device ID (0x064c10de) in all the kext correctly and generated an EFI string for my card.

Here are some screenshots of my situation:

asdhf3.jpg

sadsdll2.jpg

It seems also strange to me that it says Core Image: Software.

Well i tried a lot to get it to work but nothing helped :(

hello and thankyou for this installer

Im having a peculiar issue with the card that ive not been able to find a solution for, though ive seen it mentioned at least once while searching the forums

I have a bfg 9800 gt 512mb and my issue is that when waking from sleep the mouse tracking acts up. i cant pinpoint the source and there seem to be no other adverse effects to sleep besides this

when the machine wakes, the screen is frozen for a few seconds and only one display is active - eventually the second display returns and the screen animates(clock, istat, temperature monitor, etc all begin to update) but the cursor will jump around and randomly accelerate or decelerate when moving the mouse - sometimes it will jump to a spot and freeze for a second as well.

I disabled ehci handoff in the bios and this seemed to make the freeze shorter, but once control is returned the mouse still does the same thing

I previously used a bfg 7900 gt oc 256mb and sleep was flawless. in order to get all 512mb showing for this card i used NVinstaller v.52 and then installed your NVIDIA_9000_Series_Driver_v2 and on boot everything is perfect until sleeping and waking. I tried using a couple EFI strings with no luck

so far i have tested on 10.5.4 (5 and 6 break sleep entirely, among other things despite patching), using vanilla, voodoo, and sleep kernels

does anyone have similar issues or know of what might be causing it? I'm going to try to do some experimental installs to another partition to see if i cant shed some light on this and will post back my findings but in the mean time id really appreciate any help you all can offer

Thanks!

EDIT

a few hours later.... it seems to be a bit more deep rooted than just the cursor. it seems to be an overall stepping issue, because even entering keystrokes has periods of latency. i tried disabling speedstep in the bios but no change. this just smells of an incompatibility at the kernel level but i have no idea what that even means in terms of a fix :-)

Any advice for a 9800m GTS 1024mb. I know I have to install the driver Nvidia 9000 Series Driver v2.pkg and modify the efi strings. I will use the in.plist that was created for the 9800m GTS 512 in one of the replies and try modifying it for 1024mb? Outside of this should I have to do anything else? My device ID is 0x062c is this supported? Just so its on the record I'm using a Gateway P-7805u FX laptop and IPC 10.5.6 with the v4 patch. I am currently downloading the 10.5.5 build that most people are using in this thread so am on the same playing field.

I was able to get my 9800m gts 1024mb running at my native resolution of 1920x1200 instaling the driver and adding the efi string. I then was able to enable open gl support with osx86tools. I still am however lacking quartz extreme support. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Hello! I tried this method with my 9800 GT 512MB on a Vanilla AMD 10.5.6 Leo4All but it doesn't work! I also did the efi string thingy. Now, I got screen problems. I can't even change the reso... It worked when I had ToH's kernel but I couldn't get ethernet working on it...

resolution is OK but no hardware support

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX DDL:

Chipsatz-Modell: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX DDL

Typ: Monitor

Bus: PCIe

PCIe-Lane-Breite: x16

VRAM (gesamt): 512 MB

Hersteller: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Geräte-ID: 0x0612

Versions-ID: 0x00a2

ROM-Version: 0x00981

Monitore:

SyncMaster:

Auflösung: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Farbtiefe: 32-Bit Farbe

Core Image: Software

Hauptmonitor: Ja

Synchronisierung: Aus

Eingeschaltet: Ja

Quartz Extreme: Nicht unterstützt

Monitoranschluss:

Hey Aqua-Mac

I've installed mac osx with the retail DVD on a Core i7 based system but With my 9800GTX i get no Quartz Extreme, but Quartz GL is enable and res change is ok!

I used PCWiz9800GTX package, but now i want to install your package that's looks like working fine with 9800GTX cards, better than PCWiz9800GTX, so i want to know how can i uninstall properly this pkg file from my system to replace it with your installer in v2?

I really want to get my video card fully working!

Another question, is the GFX strings generator from OSX86 tools good?