NVIDIA 9 Series Driver Installer v2

aqua-mac

413 posts in this topic

Ian,

Have you tried your other DVI output? I am not really sure why you have this problem.

sfabreu,

You will need at least 10.5.6 to get QE, CI for your card and then leave all the drivers in place. NVInject has not been developed for some time, try something more up to date like NVDarwin.

aronswritingdesk,

You need the correct NVCAP for your system. You also will never get QE & CI without the Apple drivers of which NVDANV50Hal.kext is the one that is relative to your card. You do not want to delete any part or change any part of these drivers save for adding your device id ond that includes the part 0x040710de&0xfff0ffff.

I put your values into NVDarwin below. This is just for your card and will not work with any other. You will need to repair permissions with the script below after you put NVDarwin in your extensions folder. Just double click the command and enter your password, it will take approx 5 mins.

I will be away till the weekend so will not be able to answer any more queries unless I can get on the hotel computer.

NVdarwin.kext.zip

permissions.command.zip

You need the correct NVCAP for your system. You also will never get QE & CI without the Apple drivers of which NVDANV50Hal.kext is the one that is relative to your card. You do not want to delete any part or change any part of these drivers save for adding your device id ond that includes the part 0x040710de&0xfff0ffff.

I put your values into NVDarwin below. This is just for your card and will not work with any other. You will need to repair permissions with the script below after you put NVDarwin in your extensions folder. Just double click the command and enter your password, it will take approx 5 mins.

Still no go. This is what I did.

Reinstalled Leopard's NVidia drivers. Updated NVDANV50Hal.kext by adding 0x040710de&0xfff0ffff.

Installed your Vaio NVdarwin.kext.

Ran permissions fixes.

Rebooted with -v -f

Result was a blank screen again. I've also tried NVCAP values from Dell 8600M GT 256MB (0400000000000100020000000000000700000000)

I have had to delete all the kexts and EFI strings to boot back into Leopard. That seems to be my only choice at the moment.

I think Sony is using an NVCAP value that nobody has sussed out yet because they can't save or read the ROM. Is there any way to get the information from Windows NVidia drivers or Mobility Modder?

Ian,

Have you tried your other DVI output? I am not really sure why you have this problem.

sfabreu,

You will need at least 10.5.6 to get QE, CI for your card and then leave all the drivers in place. NVInject has not been developed for some time, try something more up to date like NVDarwin.

aronswritingdesk,

I will be away till the weekend so will not be able to answer any more queries unless I can get on the hotel computer.

aqua-mac,

I'll try that and I will get back to you.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Ian

Thank you very much, aquamac, for this wonderful driver! It finally got my Gainward 9500 GT 512 MB silent to work CI/QE enabled on my iPC 10.5.6 installation.

Not sure if that is relevant, but in addition to using these drivers (as they come, no modification required) I have added the EFI string for my card (as described in THIS threat).

Following-up on my above post, I have one last problem with with Gainward card. While I can connect my 40" LCD TV via HDMI cable + HDMI/DVI adaptor to the DVI-out of my Gainward 9500 card, the display remains black whenever I connect it directly via HDMI to the HDMI out of my Gainward 9500. I had hoped that the HDMI out would work since I have properly inserted my own NVCAP 0400000000000300040000000000 (obtained manually with nvcapmaker from my dumped rom file) into the EFI string.

Could anyone help me with an idea how to get my HDMI out working? Aquamac?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Man this was my most frustrating part of installing mac os on a PC.

It was 2 days worth of frustration, when it turned out if I knew what I was doing it would have taken maybe 5 minutes!

My final solution to get this working turned out to be very easy. During the install process I did not select any video driver so it went bare when it finished and loaded.

Once inside mac os (see sig for version used) I downloaded this installation, installed. I then opened up OSx86 Utility Tools and added my string to the boot file. I then rebooted and it worked perfectly.

Only thing I had left to do was reopen the OSx86 utility and enable quartz for full use.

Amazing how simple things can be and we make it harder lol

My suggestion for anyone have issues with anything is a clean install with zero drivers for the card. Install post to me it helped me out greatly.

Mac Sharky,

Have a look here to see which NVCAP best matches your card, depending on whether you have dual DVI or DVI+VGA, reproduced here from Nvinject,

dual DVI cards :

04000000 00000300 0c000000 00000000 00000000 --> disabling 5th position, no TV output.

04000000 00001300 0c000000 00000000 00000000 --> 5th position for TV out set on channel 1, TV out available when no other display is connected on channel 1.

04000000 00000300 1c000000 00000000 00000000 --> 5th position for TV out set on channel 2, TV out available when no other display is connected on channel 2.

DVI + VGA cards :

04000000 00000100 06000000 00000000 00000000 --> disabling 4th position, no TV output, only 1 output on channel 1 and DVI + VGA on channel 2

04000000 00000300 04000000 00000000 00000000 --> disabling 4th position, no TV output, only 1 output on channel 2 and DVI + VGA on channel 1

04000000 00000300 0e000000 00000000 00000000 --> VGA only on channel 1, 4th position for TV out set on channel 2, TV out available when no other display is connected on channel 2.

04000000 00000900 06000000 00000000 00000000 --> VGA only on channel 1, 4th position for TV out set on channel 1, TV out available when no other display is connected on channel 1 (DVI + VGA on channel 2 using position 2 and 3, bitmap 0 1 1 0)

Good Luck.

d23,

Download the attachment below that I have modified with your NVCAP info, this is for memory of 1024 mb of ram on your card, is that correct?

You need to remove any injectors from your System/Extensions folder such as NVInject.kext, NVKush.kext, NVDarwin.kext etc or this will not work.

Follow my instructions to the letter here

It does not work at all, first it reconize my LCD but Quarz (?) desactivated,

So I tried to modify the old driver witht his NVCAP and other settings that it has.

So, it works. It's a simple KEXT.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/9590/macosx.tif

...9800m_GTS_1GB_NVinject.kext.zip

Mac Sharky,

Have a look here to see which NVCAP best matches your card, depending on whether you have dual DVI or DVI+VGA, reproduced here from Nvinject,

dual DVI cards :

04000000 00000300 0c000000 00000000 00000000 --> disabling 5th position, no TV output.

04000000 00001300 0c000000 00000000 00000000 --> 5th position for TV out set on channel 1, TV out available when no other display is connected on channel 1.

04000000 00000300 1c000000 00000000 00000000 --> 5th position for TV out set on channel 2, TV out available when no other display is connected on channel 2.

DVI + VGA cards :

04000000 00000100 06000000 00000000 00000000 --> disabling 4th position, no TV output, only 1 output on channel 1 and DVI + VGA on channel 2

04000000 00000300 04000000 00000000 00000000 --> disabling 4th position, no TV output, only 1 output on channel 2 and DVI + VGA on channel 1

04000000 00000300 0e000000 00000000 00000000 --> VGA only on channel 1, 4th position for TV out set on channel 2, TV out available when no other display is connected on channel 2.

04000000 00000900 06000000 00000000 00000000 --> VGA only on channel 1, 4th position for TV out set on channel 1, TV out available when no other display is connected on channel 1 (DVI + VGA on channel 2 using position 2 and 3, bitmap 0 1 1 0)

Good Luck.

Wow, that's complex. My card has the following outs: DVI (closest to the gfx board) + VGA + HDMI (my quess would be that the HDMI is basically a DVI out with a HDMI socket). How can I find out which out is on which channel? Trial and error? In which order would you try the NVCAPs above if you were in my situation?

Aqua,

I'm trying to get QE/CI on a 9800m GTS w/512mb of RAM. I tried using the strings you wrote for that card after installing the 9000 series drivers, no dice. Then I tried nVDarwin. Nope. Then I tried deleting nVDarwin, deleting the strings, and trying nVDarwin again. No luck.

At least one other person with this card has gotten it right, and in this very forum! So I'm probably doing something wrong. Can you tell me where I should look to find out?

(I used iDeneb 1.4 on a Gateway P7811FX).

UPDATE: Got it working! Nevermind me.

• 2 weeks later...

I am running a Nvidia Geforce 9800m GS, and I have been able to get things mostly working following your guide here. Unfortunately, I cannot get QE\CI working. I must delete NVDAResman.kext otherwise I get a black screen. Any suggestsions? I haven't found anyone to confirm that QE\CI works with this card.

Thanks!

Note: I installed NVDarwin 1.2.5 with 512mb VRAM selected since this is a 512mb video card. That's correct, right? :(

Another Note: I don't have NVDARESMANPPC.kext. Where does this come from?

Hey guys,

I just found another way to get QE/CI working on the 9800m GTS. Firstly do note that I have only tried this on iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 and iPC OSX86 10.5.6 Universal PPF5 Final and BOTH work. After a clean install:

1. Install aquamacs 9000 v2 drivers. Restart computer.

2. Install NVDarwin 1.2.5 with 1024mb VRAM selected. Restart again.

3. Go to /system/library/extensions and input the correct device id of the 9800m GTS in all of these files:

NVDANV50HAL.kext

NVDARESMAN.kext

NVDARESMANPPC.kext

NVDARWIN.kext

4. What I have done is just insert the device id in the info.plist of all the above files. To get to the info.plist just right click and select show package contents.

Now the above part you can do manually or just download the files I have attached and use kexthelperb7 to install these 4 files.

5. Then, use OSX86tools and repair permissions and clear the cache. Restart and voila working QE/CI. Don't forget to enable Quarts GL in OSX86Tools as well. Only thing is that it doesn't show the name of the video card in the about this mac... option. But other than that it is working wonderfully. Figured this out just by playing around here and there and it just worked. Don't know whether it yields better FPS than the method onj88 mentioned. Try it.

6. Oh, you do not need to edit the com.apple.boot.plist file at all. Just delete the efi string if you did edit it. Just a note to backup your original files just in case it does not workout for you.

Here's the link: modified kext

P.S. You can try this method with other NVIDIA 9000 series cards if you still can't get QE/CI but don't use my kexts instead just edit and input the device id inside. No guarantees about this though because I only tried it with my 9800m GTS 1024MB version.

Hey guys,

I just found another way to get QE/CI working on the 9800m GTS. Firstly do note that I have only tried this on iDeneb v1.4 10.5.6 and iPC OSX86 10.5.6 Universal PPF5 Final and BOTH work. After a clean install:

3. Go to /system/library/extensions and input the correct device id of the 9800m GTS in all of these files:

NVDANV50HAL.kext

NVDARESMAN.kext

NVDARESMANPPC.kext

NVDARWIN.kext

4. What I have done is just insert the device id in the info.plist of all the above files. To get to the info.plist just right click and select show package contents.

Now the above part you can do manually or just download the files I have attached and use kexthelperb7 to install these 4 files.

5. Then, use OSX86tools and repair permissions and clear the cache. Restart and voila working QE/CI. Don't forget to enable Quarts GL in OSX86Tools as well. Only thing is that it doesn't show the name of the video card in the about this mac... option. But other than that it is working wonderfully. Figured this out just by playing around here and there and it just worked. Don't know whether it yields better FPS than the method onj88 mentioned. Try it.

6. Oh, you do not need to edit the com.apple.boot.plist file at all. Just delete the efi string if you did edit it. Just a note to backup your original files just in case it does not workout for you.

P.S. You can try this method with other NVIDIA 9000 series cards if you still can't get QE/CI but don't use my kexts instead just edit and input the device id inside. No guarantees about this though because I only tried it with my 9800m GTS 1024MB version.

I love you.

My Toshiba has a 9700M GTS and although it was working with earlier releases of the package and iAtkos it failed miserably under iDeneb 1.4 (Detected 32Mb uknown Nvidia with no resulution change).Your instructions worked 100% and the only thing I need to find how to switch is the reported card in the System info (Unkown Nvidia Card)

Hey guys,

NVDANV50HAL.kext

NVDARESMAN.kext

NVDARESMANPPC.kext

NVDARWIN.kext

:rolleyes: You totally ROCK! I only had to do step 1 and 2. For some reason I did not have to edit any plists this way. Only other thing I did different was to fix permissions, clear cache (using OSx86tools), reboot with -v -f. BAM! QE/CI for the first time on my 9600 GT and it was delicious.

after being away from the scene for a while i return asking for some help, with my 9800 gtx+.

installed fresh new up to date system using boot-132 method then adding new Chameleon all boot well.

time to install video(and others) following the guide here.

Stuck on video. when i boot from Chameleon loader video remains as if it is in vesa mode. weird thing is if i boot from my original boot-132 disc (8 months old now) it works perfectly. 1920 x 1080 , quartz everything.

any 1 able to help me with this, for my sake hope simple problem.

With the method posteb above and Nvdarwin I can get quartz extreme support but i have uknown card in system profiler and a blueish colour in the display.

Now the issues with AquaMac Method.

All testing done with clean installs on iDeneb 1.4 with Vanilia Kernel

Tried installing the driver package (everything even though in customize there is no refference for 9xxxx cards)

Rebooted

Adding GFX strings to com.Apple.Boot.plist generated both by osx86tools and the gfxutil method aquamac posted and that file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
<dict>
	<key>@0,compatible</key>
	<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
	<key>@0,device_type</key>
	<string>display</string>
	<key>@0,name</key>
	<string>NVDA,Display-A</string>
	<key>@1,compatible</key>
	<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
	<key>@1,device_type</key>
	<string>display</string>
	<key>@1,name</key>
	<string>NVDA,Display-B</string>
	<key>@2,#adress-cells</key>
	<string>0x01000000</string>
	<key>@2,#size-cells</key>
	<string>0x00000000</string>
	<key>@2,compatible</key>
	<string>NVDA,sensor-parent</string>
	<key>@2,device_type</key>
	<string>NVDA,gpu-diode</string>
	<key>@2,hwctrl-params-version</key>
	<string>0x02000000</string>
	<key>@2,hwsensor-params-version</key>
	<key>@2,name</key>
	<string>sensor-parent</string>
	<key>@2,reg</key>
	<key>NVCAP</key>
	<data>
	BAAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=
	</data>
	<key>NVPM</key>
	<data>
	AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==
	</data>
	<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>
	<data>
	AAAAIA==
	</data>
	<key>device_type</key>
	<string>NVDA,GeForce</string>
	<key>model</key>
	<string>NVIDIA GeForce 9700m GTS</string>
	<key>name</key>
	<string>NVDA,Parent</string>
	<key>rom-revision</key>
	<string>3172a</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Then repairing permissions and extensions cache and reboot resulted in a stage i could switch resolution but no Quartz Extreme.

Clean Install again.

Same approach but now I also edited GeForce.kext and NVDAResman.kext the same way aquamac did on this file he posted.(By adding 0x062A10de&0xffe0ffff to PCI matching)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...2089&st=60#

Also removed Extentions.kext generated new GFX string hex and rebooted the machine with -v -f options.

It stils complains about vga family matching failed ,i still get working resolutions but no QE.

I noticed the hex generated by OSX86tools is bigger than the one using AquaMacs in.plist..

My main questions are:

If I select customize witch parts of the installer of 9XXX cards V2 do i HAVE to include?

Is there any entry in the plist file used for EFI string that tells the system QE is enabled?

Is there a way to rename the uknown card on Nvdarwin to any name desired?

Thanks in advance for yout time reading this..

Is it normal for this device driver to be returning about 270 FPS on the OpenGL Extensions Test on a 9800m GTS when the Windows driver does 1500FPS+? Sometimes, it goes above 800 FPS, but I don't know what triggers that.

(For reference, my GTX 260+ does 3000+ FPS)

I installed this with the NvInstaller 512mb drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow this is impressive. I was trying to follow the instructions on all of this but then i realized that my specific device id isn't listed. I was wondering a couple of things:

1. How would I get a GFXString for my specific card?

2. I didn't choose any video drivers when installing iPC because I just wanted to get something basic running. Do I need to install something specific or will it just make it harder for me?

Here is my Video card information:

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x064a

Revision ID: 0x00a1

The difference between my card and Roadcrash1's card is that his is an Nvidia 9700m GTS and mine is an Nvidia 9700m GT .

They might work the same, but I figured I should check first.

Do I need to include any additional info?

Thanks,

Mitch.