Google creating its own browser based on WebKit

macgirl

30 posts in this topic

I'm using it too, not bad.....faults so far:

It has a built-in spellchecker which just flagged "Firefox" lol and wouldn't let me add it to the definitions.

Definitely slower on my computer than Firefox.

Unable to easily organise bookmarks in a separate window although you can drag and drop them to the bar at the top

post-212698-1220386748_thumb.jpg

Just downloaded it and wow am I impressed. First let me start off the OS integration: This browser feels perfectly at home in the Windows environment. The lack of any drop downs pits this browser right up with Windows Explorer and Office 07 for the 'aero-feel'. Speed seems great, controls are intuitive etc. I'm a Firefox guy through and through, and don't plan on switching; that being said Chrome is the best alternative browser I've used (yes, better than Opera) and I can see this being in a winner. I just hope it doesn't hurt Firefox ;)

Although the UI is quite simple it's probably one of the most ugliest ones if ever seen. It still looks like the one which was in the advertising comic... I can't believe that they released it looking that way :D

But i have to agree with you guys... it's damn fast but I'll definitely stay with Opera. No matter what this browser's going to be when it's finished

Piece of {censored} Browser, this could be classified as an alpha and not a beta version. :)

Unless your computer turns into Steve Ballmer and starts yelling "Developers, Developers, Developers, Developers, etc!" after installing, I assure you that it has left alpha state.

At least I haven't had any problems with it so far...

Piece of {censored} Browser, this could be classified as an alpha and not a beta version. :thumbsup_anim:

Don't worry, it can only get better :thumbsup_anim: Besides, from the screenshots I've seen so far it actually looks quite good for the first public beta but I have yet to try it for myself. I'll expect more things to come :D