XP on an imac, up and booting (no joke this time)

Noved84

356 posts in this topic

Wow. Things are finally starting to look promising.

I was going to wait for a temp solution like this (not a big fan of dual booting) before I got a macbook pro for work. Dual boot would tide me over until a VM solution shows up.

The timing, however, is fantastic. Given that there is a slim chance that Apple will announce a 17" Macbook on their 30th anniversary, maybe it's worth waiting a couple more weeks to decide on a notebook for work.

I know I know I'm being a mean evil {censored} but....at least its not blurry :)

awesome... if you would please take a look at and comment about the drivers. It has been discussed that the ethernet and ATI drivers are available online, but what about airport, bluetooth, etc.? It would be beautiful if you guys can confirm that there are drivers available to get these things working.

I asked to be a tester, but was not chosen. Therefore I am extremely antsy!

Im not sure whats more evil: the picture of the installation, or the 2 lines of the procedure on the paper next to it.

LOL... at least the first line is the standard command for getting into Intel's EFI implentation on the iMac. So nothing revealed there...

Actually thats not the instructions. Thats just the old instructions I wrote down to get the EFI menu up back when the menu was first discovered. Sorry :)

I'm trying to provide all I can right now without giving away any bits that will give away the solution at this time.

Anyway a few more pics

The First two show the boot selector. PC Boots up, you get the apple logo, press the down arrow key, get the windows logo, press enter, off you go into windows bliss (or something like that). The other two pics are self explanatory...

post-24886-1142473371_thumb.jpg

post-24886-1142473385_thumb.jpg

post-24886-1142473410_thumb.jpg

post-24886-1142473429_thumb.jpg

another thing, is the procedure generic enough to allow for installation of lets say Windows Vista if you want to? or is it customized only for XP? Could you potentially upgrade XP to Vista?

That is an awesome boot selector interface!