Modified boot-132 Bootloader

shardie

810 posts in this topic

u can also use EFI Studio.

Hi MACinized,

Could you provide me more information on how to use EFI Studio with your Dual-Booting Tutorial, please? Sorry to ask for that but I really feel that a step-by-step guide should be very nice here!!! ;)

For example, once I install EFI string into my boot-132 partition, should I delete NVkush from the INITRD.IMG file?

TIA,

Another Laptop hang in blue screen before installation starts

I have try the paper clip trick, external monitor, but both don't work. This laptop don't allow the switch of external monitor (FN+F4) until in some sort of GUI... so Can't do anything on that department

If I use the simple BOOT-KABYL-BUMBY iso I get to the blue screen,

If I use the generic.iso I am frozen at the apple grey screen

The laptop works with Kalyway 10.5.1

My laptop is a HP DV6854ca, 965GM, X3100 GPU.

I am currently booting off a USB Drive.

Anyway know whats kext I needed to inject to get this past blue screen

Still no one could help me with this. I have tried almost everything.... come on... some smart one surely could think of something?

Can anyone help me get this working on a:

Intel Quad Core 2.8 GhZ

Nvidia 790i Motherboard

Nvidia 280 Video card

My Problem while using boot 132 bootloader is the computer loads, I swap the disk however it acts like it's booting then the computer reboot's itself.. Am I missing kexts or somthing?

thanks!

Your getting that sudden reboot cuz of your kernel and the nforce chipset from what i believe. Flag cpus=1 before you boot the retail leo disk and see where that takes you. Report back. And throw your 8800 in

hi people !

i am using a P5B-MX asus on this i installed leo10.5.2 kalyway every thing worked flawlessly ........... now i have this retail copy of macosx 10.5.4 i am still not able to even go through the first screen i mean of the darwin prompt........... this is what i tried downloaded the retail macosx i got it burned 2 times once in dmg img and once in converted iso format. to be on the safe side i downloaded generic.iso without modifications burned and tried to load the initrd.img worked fine but after that i got this screen with error saying [ system configuration file '/com.apple.boot.S/library/preferences/system configuration/com.apple.boot.plist ' not found.] this appeared for a flash of a second then the next screen with a darwin prompt says press enter to boot with no options or press -v .......................... press ? for advance ........................ then i press enter i got the screen type the binary decimal (ef) to boot frm but when i press 80 nothing happens but if i press 81 the screen shows press enter to boot from with only one option hdisk0s2 ........... what should i do ?

hi people !

i am using a P5B-MX asus on this i installed leo10.5.2 kalyway every thing worked flawlessly ........... now i have this retail copy of macosx 10.5.4 i am still not able to even go through the first screen i mean of the darwin prompt........... this is what i tried downloaded the retail macosx i got it burned 2 times once in dmg img and once in converted iso format. to be on the safe side i downloaded generic.iso without modifications burned and tried to load the initrd.img worked fine but after that i got this screen with error saying [ system configuration file '/com.apple.boot.S/library/preferences/system configuration/com.apple.boot.plist ' not found.] this appeared for a flash of a second then the next screen with a darwin prompt says press enter to boot with no options or press -v .......................... press ? for advance ........................ then i press enter i got the screen type the binary decimal (ef) to boot frm but when i press 80 nothing happens but if i press 81 the screen shows press enter to boot from with only one option hdisk0s2 ........... what should i do ?

Did you read any of this thread at all? If you did you would seen where a couple of people are basically asking the same questions as you are and I've said the same thing to them as I will to you. Boot the generic iso and once booted take cd out and replace with Leo dvd. Wait till LED stops blinking and then hit enter. You come to the screen where you see the binary decimal (ef) to boot. Ok stop there!! You don't need to type anything. Just hit enter to boot the Leo dvd. If you type 80 or 81..... etc. you are asking it boot a hard drive and if there isn't an OS on the drive it does nothing. Once you have OSX installed you will then need to use that same cd to boot into OSX, and from there you can install Chameleon for Hard drive so you won't need to use the cd anymore.

Please read the threads before posting questions.

Chevy

Chris(dw)

It may be an issue with the G35 chipset. I tried the same thing with a buddies comp, he has a G33 chipset, and after putting in the Leo dvd it reboots as well. Now granted he has an HP and not a hand built. You never listed if your comp as being prebuilt or hand built.

Chevy

The problem was with the onboard GFX card, i got it working using a Nvidia card.

Chris

hi,

Im using a p5ne sli with two 8800gtx ,quad core overclkd to 3.9 ghz.

i have the original discs for leo//i downloaded the iso original with project kexts and also the one with  modified kexts.

firstly none of em are working or allowing me to even get to choose the leo disc for boot /

secondly i have no ideas as to what else to modify in those isos/

along with that just would like to mention that i have four different hdd/but they are not on raid anymore earlier they were

SO CAN ANYBODY ANSWER

LOGICAL PLEASE!!!!!

i would appreciate it

thnx

hi all,

need help on installing on this new mobo:

im trying to instal kalway on my new mobo GA EP45-DS3, but i cannot dual boot to vista after i enable ACHI, my audio also not working, lan ok for time & other, just wondering if somebody can help me on this new MOBO from GIGABYTES? last time when i install to ASUS P5K everything going well (dual booting)

thanks in advance

MY SPEC:

GA EP45-DS3

GIGABYTES Motherboard1

GIGABYTES Motherboard2

Q6600 2.4ghz - 3.00ghz quad

8gb ram

256 dual DVI 7600GT

200gb sata VISTA (install)

200gb sata hackintosh (kalway)

Did you read any of this thread at all? If you did you would seen where a couple of people are basically asking the same questions as you are and I've said the same thing to them as I will to you. Boot the generic iso and once booted take cd out and replace with Leo dvd. Wait till LED stops blinking and then hit enter. You come to the screen where you see the binary decimal (ef) to boot. Ok stop there!! You don't need to type anything. Just hit enter to boot the Leo dvd. If you type 80 or 81..... etc. you are asking it boot a hard drive and if there isn't an OS on the drive it does nothing. Once you have OSX installed you will then need to use that same cd to boot into OSX, and from there you can install Chameleon for Hard drive so you won't need to use the cd anymore.

Please read the threads before posting questions.

Chevy

thx !!! for the help but this time it starts from this retail DVD but shows EBIOS read error : controller or device error Block 16432736 ...............

I need help with boot-132. I tried three different bootloaders, the noob iso, the generic and one for my mainboard Asus P5W DH Deluxe. But after I boot up with the bootloader, change discs and want to install Mac OS X 10.5.4, after a few seconds this error message appears:

EBIOS read error: Controller or device error

Block 16432736 Sectors 64

The error appears four times, and after about ten seconds of further loading the PC reboots. I tried this with two different IDE drives. Yesterday I bought a SATA DVD drive and removed all IDE drives, but still the same error ... I tried different IDE configuration settings in the BIOS, switching between Standard IDE and AHCI mode, but it's always the same.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

hi mate !!! same prob. here but ave a diff. MB its asus P5B-MX any help

Your getting that sudden reboot cuz of your kernel and the nforce chipset from what i believe. Flag cpus=1 before you boot the retail leo disk and see where that takes you. Report back. And throw your 8800 in

Sorry Im new to this boot disk, how would I flag the Cpus=1 if I cannot even get past the darwin loading screen? I will try the 8800 as well.

Sorry Im new to this boot disk, how would I flag the Cpus=1 if I cannot even get past the darwin loading screen? I will try the 8800 as well.

you enter "cpus=1" AT the darwin boot screen... just hit f8 and type cpus=1 hit enter...

can someone assist me in installing leo using boot-132 into a Shuttle K48 ?..

thanks

Well first off you've provide no specs on that machine and second what do you want to know?? Nobody here will hold your hand if that is what you are asking. You need to read and read and read again.

Chevy

Ok I tried booting with "cpus=1" and still no prevail. I also tried running in in -f and verbose mode and in verbose mode I see its getting stuck at "Waiting for Root Device." I also have the new IDeneb here I tried that, It gets to the apple logo and then gives me that little prohibited sign of the grey apple. Yes I appliced the Nforce patch and double checked the MD5sums. Is there somthing im missing here? Can anyone tell me what Kexts to add to my boot-132 disk to get this thing up and running? I also tried my 8800 card still nothing, with the boot132 or Ideneb. Im using the Ideneb as a test to see if the machine boots so that way I better know what kexts i need. I appeciate the help BTW everyone very fast replies and a great community.

My Specs Once Again.

Intel 2.8 Quad Core Processor

Evga Nvidia 790i SLI motherboard

Evga Nivdia 280 Video Card

3 HDS:

1 TB

200 GIG

400 GIG

Thanks In Advanced!

hi there

Would love to install from the boot loader but i get as far as the leopard piccy and the swirling bubble sticks there, mouse works, just no cd light. Did install kalyway 10.5.2 and everything worked well.

spec is

gigabyte eg31m-s2

e5200

sata drive

ide dvd

8800 gt and onboard x3000 also tried

Thanks

I have tried this on two diffrent systems and no sucess.

I have also used diffrent software to burn the image as well.

Kalway 10.5.2 works and so does the old Uphuck 10.4.9 distros.

Specs

System 1

Intel D945GTP motherboard

Intel Duo 2 (forgot CPU speed)

4GB ram

Intel GMA 950

Seagate SATA 140GB hard drive

Pioneer DVR-110d DVD+RW

System 2

Compaq SR5010NX system

2GB ram

Seagate 140GB SATA hard drive

Stock HP DVD+RW with lightscribe

Intel GMA 950

RealTek 10/100 PCI nic

Some off brand 4 port Firewire card

Also note I did not do the n00b thing where I just burn the ISO to a data CD so when I open the disc it shows a ISO file instead of the contents of the ISO image that was burned onto the CD.

chevy2410, yes, it was my mistake.

so, if someone is willing to give me an advice here is my hardware specs:

North Bridge Intel 945GC

South Bridge ICH7

Onboard Video Intel GMA 950

Onboard Audio Realtek ALC662

First LAN Marvell 88E8056(10/100/1000Mbps)

any ideas ?

My system:

CPU: DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6300

Mainboard: ASUS P5LD2-VM SE

Chip: Intel Lakeport-G 945G

Ram: 2G DDR-667

VGA: ASUS EN7300GS HTD256MA (NVDIA GeForce 7300 GS 256M)

Audio: Realtak ALC882/D/M Intel 8280

Netcard: Intel Pro/100PL

Hard Disk: sata 250G

dvd rw: Asus

I used .ISO with modified kexts (http://www.mediafire.com/?1ne1zbl4znv)

and boot with Leopard 10.5.2 original DVD (From buying Macbook)

but have some error when loading:

EBIOS read error: controller or device error

block 16272264 sectors 64

Could anyone help me to solve this problem?

Thank you~

I used .ISO with modified kexts (http://www.mediafire.com/?1ne1zbl4znv)

and boot with Leopard 10.5.2 original DVD (From buying Macbook)

but have some error when loading:

EBIOS read error: controller or device error

block 16272264 sectors 64

Could anyone help me to solve this problem?

Thank you~

You can't use a dvd from a Macbook, Macbook-Pro or Macbook Air. You MUST use a retail Leo dvd. Buy one or download one from the usual places.

Chevy